"Axiom is Launched and Looking For More! <3"

Started by ClockworkShadow, June 20, 2011, 01:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xunzar

Cool. You'll have the PG-13 version, then. He will kiss hands, though. *smiles* Sometimes I can be a wee bit old fashioned. So Steampunk is kinda the right setting for me, especially Victorian. I hope some form of nobility is good, though (or upper class, or what have you). It's hard to be dashing in rags.
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Oh yes, you absolutely should.  But start with Snow Crash before you read anything else by him.  <3

and Xun, yes!  Absolutely!  I'm all for caste systems.  Every species (that I can think of at this time, anyway) has them, after all!

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

johnny5

Waiiiiiiiiiiit a second he wrote SNOW CRASH!?!   Now that book I've read.

Xunzar

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 03:45:50 AM
and Xun, yes!  Absolutely!  I'm all for caste systems.  Every species (that I can think of at this time, anyway) has them, after all!

Good. Expect high class. Remind me to do some research on Victorian era garb? If I don't like it, I'll find a time period I do. *grins*
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: johnny5 on June 22, 2011, 03:50:20 AM
Waiiiiiiiiiiit a second he wrote SNOW CRASH!?!   Now that book I've read.

Wasn't that book the best. <3 ?

And so, yes, his newest is Anathem. :)  And it's all about these monk-types in a world of his own making, and they live cloistered in these various types of maths.  Some of them open to the public yearly, some every ten years, some every hundred years and some only once in a thousand years.   Though, sometimes, people are banned back to the outside world for breaking the rules.  All in all, very intriguing.

--

Sounds good, Xun :)

I still have to work out the background and scenario, once we figure out the finer points and principles... and then I'll make a post that's not in the "Looking For" once it feels ready. :)

A/A

o_O

Laz

I shall raise my hands of confidence and say, "count me in" *even though I don't know what the hell I'm getting myself into*

Xunzar

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 03:58:32 AM
Sounds good, Xun :)

I still have to work out the background and scenario, once we figure out the finer points and principles... and then I'll make a post that's not in the "Looking For" once it feels ready. :)

Cool. A list of recommended readings would be cool if you could. And expect chatter from my end in here. Because I ramble.
A list of kinks

Laz

Well Aside From what your concept Theme and Background would be, I wont have a problem with it. I have delved and made some cyber punk graphical arts myself, and have knowledge based on random compilation from mixed sources. but I have not delved or read any books that are cyber/steam punk of nature, so I'll just observe, innovate and learn from what you people put out and I'll go from there. I adapt quite quickly.

I did this Art weeks ago, an attempt at the theme cyber punk. I think I'll be using this as an Avatar pic should I get approved. anyways, whatever you people decide, I'll pretty much support.

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd471/Unbounds/Laz3.jpg

ClockworkShadow

Rambling is both welcomed and encouraged!!

And I just discovered that N.S. has two more books out.  I can't believe it's been 3 years since Anathem was released... where did the time go!?

I have to get those books O.o;;

As for a reading list, well... my reading has been sorely limited as of late (as evidenced above), but two of my most favorite authors are definitely Neal Stephenson and Elizabeth Haydon.  There's a nice list on either of those wiki articles to start with! :)

--

Oh wow, Laz! That's very well done! <3

A/A

o_O

Laz

Well Thank you, I try my best. So you wont have a problem with me getting an idea for steam/cyber punk themes. but like I said to you before, I do want to try out a psychologist/psychiatrist to play in. :P

Xunzar

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 04:23:00 AM
Rambling is both welcomed and encouraged!!

And I just discovered that N.S. has two more books out.  I can't believe it's been 3 years since Anathem was released... where did the time go!?

I have to get those books O.o;;

As for a reading list, well... my reading has been sorely limited as of late (as evidenced above), but two of my most favorite authors are definitely Neal Stephenson and Elizabeth Haydon.  There's a nice list on either of those wiki articles to start with! :)

Thanks. By the way, since I can't flirt in the Introduction, consider yourself flirted with in response (assuming you don't mind a little flirting).
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Not at all! :)

Though I get really excitable around exposure to intelligence, and then I get hyper, and then I forget to draw the line on personal space.  So please let me know if I overstep my bounds. <3

@Laz Do you want to merge that idea with this roleplay, or keep it separate?  I'm good with either.

I edited my own avatar from ... which is a whole different world away from what you did.  I love yours... all the detail that must have gone into it.  It looks just like a character screen that I'd expect to see in a game of that theme.

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 04:41:39 AM
Not at all! :)

Though I get really excitable around exposure to intelligence, and then I get hyper, and then I forget to draw the line on personal space.  So please let me know if I overstep my bounds. <3

Will do. *smiles*
A list of kinks

Laz

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 04:41:39 AM
@Laz Do you want to merge that idea with this roleplay, or keep it separate?  I'm good with either.

I edited my own avatar from. which is a whole different world away from what you did.  I love yours... all the detail that must have gone into it.  It looks just like a character screen that I'd expect to see in a game of that theme.

of course, merging it would kill two birds with one stone, I dont mind.

And wow, your good at editing images yourself, the skin tone blends perfetly well to the original piece. what kind of photoshop do you use? qwell done, I must say, even I do have a hard time coping with Skin textures and muscles shading, but you did yours quite well.  Im more focused on doing clothes rather than skins. Latex ones if I might be specific.

ClockworkShadow

I actually use GIMP (which I first learned about when I played with Redhat 9, a distribution of Linux, several years ago).  GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program, and is a free download available to Windows and Mac as well as, of course, Linux.

Latex clothes... <3

By the way, I'm working on a first draft of the background and scenario.  Hopefully I will have something to throw at you guys for your consideration soon.

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 05:35:59 AM
Latex clothes... <3

By the way, I'm working on a first draft of the background and scenario.  Hopefully I will have something to throw at you guys for your consideration soon.

I like the way you think?

Umm...right, so, good. I look forwards to the draft.
A list of kinks

Laz

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 05:35:59 AM
I actually use GIMP (which I first learned about when I played with Redhat 9, a distribution of Linux, several years ago).  GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program, and is a free download available to Windows and Mac as well as, of course, Linux.

Latex clothes... <3

I use Gimp, Photoshop Cs5, and 3d Max for creating meshes. that image has a 3d virtual model which I molded into a back I designed. that's why the character itself has a different texture than the background. 3d like. Gimp is free, easy to use and its layout is ver simplistic, I use it for fast editing and resizing, but I use photoshop and a graphic tablet for those endless hours drawing new concepts.

Take your time, I'm in no hurry. I'm sure whatever background/scenario you come up with, will be pleasing.

here's an example of my latex line up               
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd471/Unbounds/Banner-2.png
might be good for a forum signature aswell.

ClockworkShadow

I used to have a drawing tablet, but circumstances out of my control led to its loss.  I was very sad.  So all of my graphic editing these days is limited to my tiny, temperamental mousepad.  Even if I had Photoshop still, though, I think I prefer GIMP for all of my editing.  It's so much more user-friendly, in my opinion, even if it doesn't have as many filters. :)

I did use Photoshop for a very long time, though.  From version 4 to CS2, actually.

--

Ok, here is what I have so far.  Any suggestions?

QuoteDescription

Our location is an earth-like world (oxygen and carbon dioxide based environment), in an alternate dimension, by the name of Axiom.  Unlike Earth, however, there are two major continents, one very much larger than the other, and a sparse scattering of islands around the continental margins.  The rest of the world is covered in water.  [If you need a visual reference, I recommend researching the various continental shifts concerning Pangaea, Rodinia, etc.]

The larger of the two continents is positioned with about a third of it cold and snowbound.  The very northern parts of it are quite close to the north pole and theoretically inhospitable.  The smaller continent will have about an eighth of its southernmost regions snowbound, but still hospitable.  Both continents are large enough that they will have other, tropical/temperate regions that merge with the median zone of Axiom.  There are more islands clustered in the tropical regions than elsewhere, which suggests that a continental rift occured in that area.

Scenario

In this world, humans exist, but have evolved to be quietly subservient (for the most part) to the dominant "species" of non-biological automatons.  Some humans, particularly the ones intelligent enough to create masterpiece automatons, work side-by-side with their Masters.  Others merely do what they are told.  Rebellion has been a previously unnecessary consideration because, while some individual automatons can be cruel, the "species" does a very concise job of keeping things in order.  Human conflicts are dealt with swiftly, and prevented from ever reaching a larger scale.  The automatons do not cause or support conflict of their own, either.

In this world, it is possible to manipulate human energy, electricity, and the elements.  It is not possible to manipulate these things without (usually significant) consequence.  However, it is still widely practiced and utilized.

Modern day, in Axiom, is quite a bit like walking back into our Victorian era.  Architecture and clothing especially mirror the styles that one would have seen then.  Men, for example, are not concerned with dressing to flaunt a "feminine" aspect (especially the higher class, because humans have maintained a caste system within their servitude, as well as a sub-government to the automatons' control).  Unlike our Victorian era, however, women bear their own, independent identities.  Neither are they spared from labor, if their position in both human and automaton caste systems is so deemed.  Higher class women are often seen dressed quite like the men (breeches and stockings, i.e.).  Many also wear dresses, though, especially to formal occasions as a manner of enhancing their figures in a subtler, enticing fashion.

Background

The history of this scenario began with a group of gifted scientists who wanted to create a set of sentient assistants.  They succeeded, and even surpassed their own expectations.  However, those assistants later became unhappy with their scientist masters, and wished to improve upon the concept behind their creation.  When they encountered particular difficulty in recreating the sentience they were gifted with, they employed the scientists behind their invention to aid them.  Working together, they were produced the next "generation", which were built to repair the flaws the first automatons perceived in themselves.  As the years passed, they never learned how to humanize their selves.  They decided, however, that the cooperation with, and employment of, the human species was a much preferrable medium to their predicament.

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 06:14:30 AM
Ok, here is what I have so far.  Any suggestions?

A little clarification on the who we play as. I assume human, yes? So we are humans under a semi-benevolent robotocracy(is that the term?)?

*calls nobility*

Anyway, can I get a little clarification on who has the powers, a vague idea of the consequences of using them and a hint about the plot itself?

I realize I might be asking a lot here, but I honestly do wish to know (even if it is early to be asking for such significant details).

*looks for monocle and silver headed cane*
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

A little clarification on the who we play as. I assume human, yes? So we are humans under a semi-benevolent robotocracy(is that the term?)?

*calls nobility*

It might be easier for you to play human, but you are certainly not limited to it if you think you can handle playing as an automaton :)

If it's not a term, it should be one!  And is one now, as far as I'm concerned. :)
Anyway, can I get a little clarification on who has the powers, a vague idea of the consequences of using them and a hint about the plot itself?

Haven't thought that far ahead.  Got any ideas <3 ?  I once played in a freestyle room were energy manipulation/magic was very volatile and you could risk death on use.  I'm not sure I want to go that far with it, but let's see what the others say when they get back?
I realize I might be asking a lot here, but I honestly do wish to know (even if it is early to be asking for such significant details).

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 06:38:21 AM
It might be easier for you to play human, but you are certainly not limited to it if you think you can handle playing as an automaton :)

If it's not a term, it should be one!  And is one now, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Thanks. I don't think it's original, but on the off chance, y'know?
Haven't thought that far ahead.  Got any ideas <3 ?  I once played in a freestyle room were energy manipulation/magic was very volatile and you could risk death on use.  I'm not sure I want to go that far with it, but let's see what the others say when they get back?

Not much on the plot end, I'll admit. Magic is, I gather for our purposes, a function of the risk. The more risk in its use the more powerful it is, yes? But I had more been wondering what kind of scale we were talking, like what kind of risk for what kind of result. *smiles* Either way, it's still going to be interesting.

And no, I couldn't be one of the robots. It wouldn't be fun. No conflict? No thank you. I like my possessiveness, minor evils and so on, thank you very much.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Oh, it's not that there isn't conflict.  Just that anything that would turn into a larger scale fight (war, rebellion, etc.) is nipped in the bud, as it were.

And automatons, given sentience, are far from "perfect" in the emotional stability regard.  Consider:

while some individual automatons can be cruel,

Automatons are going to be very logical.  But it is equally pliable for logic and chaos to coexist in a single form, even if that form is non-biological.  At least, in hypothesis.  There is further pliability in tainted logic, too, whether being reflected from a creator's unstable mind, or just being a natural progression in a "failed" creation.

--

A human is more likely to be illogical with their actions, reactions and corruptions.  Which is a necessary counterbalance to the logic of a non-biological sentience.  At least, from my end.

What do you think?

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 08:21:23 AM
Oh, it's not that there isn't conflict.  Just that anything that would turn into a larger scale fight (war, rebellion, etc.) is nipped in the bud, as it were.

And automatons, given sentience, are far from "perfect" in the emotional stability regard.  Consider:

Automatons are going to be very logical.  But it is equally pliable for logic and chaos to coexist in a single form, even if that form is non-biological.  At least, in hypothesis.  There is further pliability in tainted logic, too, whether being reflected from a creator's unstable mind, or just being a natural progression in a "failed" creation.

--

A human is more likely to be illogical with their actions, reactions and corruptions.  Which is a necessary counterbalance to the logic of a non-biological sentience.  At least, from my end.

What do you think?

Well then, let me pose it this way. Could I flirt the way a Victorian gentleman would as a robot? Somehow I doubt it would be the same. People don't always respond well to cold metal. *sweatdrop*
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

I'm sure you could make quite an effort of it!  And who knows what sort of attractions might exist in that alternate dimension ;)

Though, I do agree that a human gentleman would have a decided, innate flair that would require much effort on an automaton's behalf to copy.  Also, automaton's are capable of having a human-looking exterior... via a pliable, soft material (take your pick, really).  But, by

they never learned how to humanize their selves.

I meant that they are perpetually unable to manipulate energies, relate truly to a human perspective and think illogically, or age.

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 08:33:03 AM
I meant that they are perpetually unable to manipulate energies, relate truly to a human perspective and think illogically, or age.
Well...that's no fun. Human is sounding pretty good. Of course if everyone else chooses to be robots, I will have to reconsider. At the moment, I like my dark and dashing (sometimes gentle)man. *grins*
A list of kinks