Avengers Assemble!
Always we will fight as one
'Til the battles won
With evil on the run
We never come undone
Assembled we are strong
Forever fight as one!

Setting:
Since the near-destruction of Hydra, the end of the Second World War and the expansion of the peacekeeping organisation known as SHIELD, earth has finally managed to achieve a sense of stability. Many of the world's so-called Super-Villains now reside in high-security prisons, scattered throughout America, while the more benevolent metahumans are watched closely by SHIELD. The world still flinches at the sight of super powers, whether good or bad, but those who deem themselves heroes are at least tolerated.

The Avengers is an initiative which both SHIELD and Stark Industries supported, with the former being more subtle in its help while simultaneously positioning themselves to manipulate its members. SHIELD sees the Avenger program as a method in pitting freak against freak while diminishing the losses of its own agents. Stark Industries on the other hand feels the Avengers are the only way to break the stalemate between SHIELD and its enemies. Stark's father, before he died, also believed the Avengers might be the only hope earth might have as he felt the current stability was nought but the calm before the storm.

With the creation of the Avengers also came the building of a school, Stormvalley high, which (through no coincidence) a large number of teen superheroes now attend. Here the teen Avengers are able to live under the aliases given to them by SHIELD while hopefully attaining a sense of stability and normalcy between missions. Most remain ignorant of the fact that they share the same school with their colleagues from the Avengers.

Game Mechanic:
Marvel Teen Avengers allows players to pluck characters from the Marvel universe, revise them in almost any manner they prefer and plop them right into our own little RP world. The differences between each character and their alternate-selves may vary, both greatly and subtly, with only two constants; their skills/powers and alignments. It doesn't matter how much of them has changed (or stayed the same) from the original world to the current as long as they retain their alliances and abilities. As for the world itself, the heroes and villains all might be in their teens but humanity has progressed to its currently developed state.

"Current" Restrictions:
-First, check the Character thread to see which characters are already approved and in play. We are not allowing multiple versions of the same character.

-Secondly, if you wish to make a custom (non-canon) character, that is great! Just try to avoid powers those already in the game possess; we are trying not to double up here. Or if you wish to alter a canon character to work that is also great! Gender-swapping characters has been done already so that is one way to go. The only restrictions are that we would like all of the characters to be 'teenagers' and heroes. We are not looking for villain PCs at all, at this time.

-Thirdly, right now we have an overabundance of super-strong/super-tough characters, so we would really like to see characters that fall outside of the "Sheer strength" category.

-Lastly, we want to stress that this is first and foremost a plot driven game with bits of drama, comedy, and action alike. We are not looking to have "sexual encounters" be a large part of this game. If you are looking for a game with an abundance of such or a game that you, yourself or your character, -requires- a partner/relationship then you may want to look elsewhere. This is a team oriented setting. Not lone wolves, rogues, or the like. You must in the end, be able to adapt well to the setting and the group.

Please PM the following character sheet to LunarSage for approval.

If/when your character is approved he will post it in the character thread for you. If adjustments need to be made at any time you can PM him with those adjustments.
If you do not fill out the sheet below you will be asked to redo your sheet before it is approved.

Main character images should be no more than 450(height) x 300(width) or adjusted to a height of 400-450 by using the img tag coding here:

[img height=450 padding=8] Image here [/img]

[float=right][img padding=8] hero image here [/img][/float]
[b]Student Name:[/b]
[b]Avenger Name:[/b]
[b]Apparent Age:[/b]
[b]Civilian Appearance:[/b] please include a short text on your characters typical appearance
((may include a single 200x150 sized image using coding above to floatleft or floatright depending on your own preference  **Please do not center large images**))
[b]Avenger Appearance:[/b] If you have multiple costumes or altered appearances include that here with either spoilered photos or a textual descriptor
((may include a single  image using coding above to floatleft or floatright depending on your own preference  **Please do not center large images**))
[b]Marvel Character:[/b]
[b]History/Significant Events:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b]
[b]Fears and Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Desires and Aversions:[/b]

Current Threads:

Marvel Teen Avengers - Out of Character Thread
Marvel Teen Avengers - (New) Character Thread

Marvel Teen Avengers - Game Threads:

Marvel Teen Avengers - Downtown
Marvel Teen Avengers - Sub-Basement Training and Infirmary
Marvel Teen Avengers - Avenger Tower (Main Thread)

Note: This is a revamp of the Original Teen Marvel Game Idea that Scribbles had started. It no longer is based solely on a group of Teens in High School. It is based on a group of Heroes learning to be Superheroes in a world that is strife with danger after being peaceful for so long. There is one noteable difference in the first post of the main thread:  the Head of Shield is not Kelly, but Director Colonel Nick Fury.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

We have quite the fun game going on with cool plot stuff about to happen!  Come one, come all and join in some superheroic fun!  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

LunarSage

UPDATE:

As of now any new characters cannot be former X-Men, with the exception of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.  The characters we have right now are fine, but this is the Avengers, not the X-Men.

Also, no more of the Fantastic Four as PCs, due to future plot plans.

The Hulk is also an NPC for this game.

Here are some suggestions for PCs that might work well in the game:

Thor
Iron Woman (Tanya Stark)
Ant Man/Giant Man
Wasp
Quicksilver
The Scarlet Witch
Hawkeye
Hercules (would be VERY interesting.  If taken, I would advise you to contact Dark Deception and work out some backstory with his character Ares)
Black Panther
Black Knight
Vision
Black Widow
Falcon
She Hulk
Wonder Man
Mockingbird
Luke Cage (Power Man)
Daredevil
Cloak
Dagger

Josietta

CURRENT ROSTER

Marvel Character           Player

Ms Marvel/Carol Danvers           Josietta
Tigra / Greer Nelson           Josietta
Storm / Ororo           Ebony Queen
Ares           Dark Deception
Captain America / Steve Rogers           Aiden
Wolverine / Logan           Aiden
Werewolf by Night           Mr Happy
Colossus           Pumpkin Seeds
Jean Grey           AribethAmkiir
Wasp / Janet Van Dyne           AribethAmkiir
Iceman / Bobby Drake           Elf
Human Torch / Johnny Storm           LunarSage
Gamoran           LunarSage
Spiderwoman / Jessica Drew           loislanekent (On Hiatus ATM)
Deadpool / Wade Wilson           Iblis121
SpiderMan / Peter Parker           HollowX
Dr Strange           NPC
Hulk           NPC

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

LunarSage

Some nifty plot is about to kick off soon but I want to give a couple more people the chance to join first.  Once the plot starts I'll be closing recruitment for the time being, so now's the time to join this well established game!  :-)

Josietta

We are in need of one to two female characters! Any and all are welcome.

There is a cool plot ready to take off!  Come join the Avengers!  We're not your typical superhero group! We are teens with enough hormones to send the bad guys running for jail just to get away! :D  okay.. maybe not that bad.. but still... hehe..

Plenty of room for sandbox styled rp for you drama queens but full of Plot for those more combat oriented folks!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

BellaVita

Josietta

Just about anything you can think of (pending Lunar's approval of course).  You can take an existing character like - Black Widow, Mockingbird, Scarlet Witch, or She-Hulk.  No more X-Women are allowed, and no Fantastic Four members.

However, you can take any male character and transgender them into a female version if you'd like. Example would be IronWoman - Tonya Stark.  Or our own Gamoran (male version) made from the female Marvel character Gamora.

We also accept creations of your own making. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

BellaVita

I'll take on the Scarlet Witch, but it's late here so I'll PM a character sheet tomorrow.  :-)

LunarSage

Sweet.  Welcome to the game!  Just to make it known though, we'd be talking classic Scarlet Witch, not the crazy one who can warp reality on a whim.   ;)

Alright, with that I think I'll be closing recruitment for awhile.  Cool beans.

BellaVita

Quote from: LunarSage on February 01, 2012, 06:34:22 AM
Sweet.  Welcome to the game!  Just to make it known though, we'd be talking classic Scarlet Witch, not the crazy one who can warp reality on a whim.   ;)

Alright, with that I think I'll be closing recruitment for awhile.  Cool beans.

Yeah, maybe just her basic skills? Deflecting objects, hex spheres, hex bolts, and she's working towards creating force fields and altering things on a molecular level, i.e. spontaneous combustion, rapid decay of either organic or inorganic materials, and interfering with the energy of transmissions. Of course, this would take immense concentration, and I would roleplay that she doesn't yet have a handle on these abilities and they sometimes backfire. Also, I know she started out evil, and later turned to the Avengers, which one would you prefer?

Josietta

Bella> Hello there! I just wanted to let you know we have not forgotten you or your questions regarding your character. :)  Lunar will be sending you a PM with answers so that you can further discuss the creation of the Scarlet Witch to fit into our Avengers team :)   In the meantime feel free to begin the basics of your character sheet and he can help you to fill in the blanks with some discussion. :)  Welcome to The Avengers.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas