Classic X-Men (Openings for Canon's Coming! OCs Welcome! LGBT Friendly!)

Started by LunarSage, August 28, 2011, 12:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alysanthia

Quote from: LunarSage on March 17, 2013, 12:08:47 PM
Right now we're saying no to Original Characters from the past/future, another dimension, government experiments and the like.

Wait!?! So you are saying my super awesome character won't get approved?

And I worked so hard on her!!

Worst Idea Ever
Name: Mary Sue

Nom De Guerre: Mary Sue because everyone knows her!

Player Name: Alysanthia

Sex: Female

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 90

Hair: Burnish Summer with flecks of gold and streaks of sunset orange.

Eyes: Emerald Green

Sexual Orientation: Straight but everyone loves her.

Ons:

Offs:

Place of Birth: Neo-Future-Japan

Current Nationality: Semi-Neo-Future-Yesterday-Japan

Known Relatives: Father is Wolverine and Mother is Storm!

Current Occupation: Saving lives!

Current Place of Residence: New York

Affiliations: Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters

Hobbies: Creating music, writing, drawing, learning and speaking different langues, running, bicycling, flying her airplane, exploring Mayan ruins, race car driving, and scuba diving.

Origin of Powers:  Was born with them, has been trained by all her father's friends on how to use her powers.

Strength Level: Super

Powers: Can fly, create fire balls, teleport, control weather, can change into animals and summon animals, telepathy, talk to unicorns, cannot die.

Fighting Skill: 6

Limitations: None cause she's perfect.

Unusual Features: Cat ears, angel wings, and a tail.

Appearance:
Simply beautiful, everyone is in awe of how she looks and amazed by the sheer beauty that is Mary Sue.

Personality:  Friendly because no one hates her. Wonders why she was cursed to be so beautiful and liked by so many.

History: Now this is the story all about how My life got flipped. Turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there. I'll tell you how I became the Princess of X-Men! In west Future-Neo-Magical Japan born and raised, on the playground where I spent most of my days.

Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some Sentinels outside of the school. When a couple of guys, they were up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said "You're moving with your past dad and mom!" I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought nah, forget it, yo homes to Xavier!

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby "Yo, homes smell you later!" Looked at my kingdom I was finally there! To sit on my throne as the princess of X-Men.

But seriously I would love to rejoin the game if you'll have me.  ;D

Josietta

Photo> We look forward to seeing what you have in mind! The character template is on Post One of this thread. :)

I'll pop it here for conveniency sake for those interested. :)

Character Sheet

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Nom De Guerre:[/b]

[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Hair:[/b]

[b]Eyes:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b]

[b]Offs:[/b]

[b]Place of Birth:[/b]

[b]Current Nationality:[/b]

[b]Known Relatives:[/b]

[b]Current Occupation:[/b]

[b]Current Place of Residence:[/b] New York

[b]Affiliations:[/b] Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters

[b]Hobbies:[/b]

[b]Origin of Powers:[/b]  Breed Mutant

[b]Strength Level:[/b] (This represents physical strength)

[b]Powers:[/b]

[b]Fighting Skill:[/b] (Class 1-6.  See the rules for such in the Interest Thread.)

[b]Limitations:[/b]

[b]Unusual Features:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] 

[b]History:[/b]

Also For those sending sheets.. Please PM them to all GMs... LunarSage, PumpkinSeeds, and Myself for review.

*giggles uncontrollably* Oh god.. thats brilliant Aly! ;D

We do want you!! And your OC you were playing before if you want to bring her back! Or you can start with a new one if you'd rather. :)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Flower

Alysanthia

Quote from: Josietta on March 17, 2013, 02:07:14 PM
*giggles uncontrollably* Oh god.. thats brilliant Aly! ;D

We do want you!! And your OC you were playing before if you want to bring her back! Or you can start with a new one if you'd rather. :)

I'd love to be able to play my OC again! :D

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Dancing flower on March 17, 2013, 04:29:21 PM
Thinking of powers is hard...

Don't be afraid of asking for advice, we have many knowledgeable types around here.

Alysanthia

Flower

Quote from: EbonyQueen on March 17, 2013, 05:59:16 PM
Don't be afraid of asking for advice, we have many knowledgeable types around here.
Quote from: Alysanthia on March 17, 2013, 06:33:41 PM
This site is really helpful if you are having a hard time finding a power.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki

Thank you for the help tips, ladies. Almost done with the charrie. :)

LunarSage

Quote from: LunarSage on March 17, 2013, 11:21:47 AM
I've already sent the request.  You're not the first person who's mentioned that, Kuro.  It's something we'd been considering for some time, so no worries... it's not entirely because of you, though we would love to play with you.  :-)

I talked it over with the current players and we have decided to have the game remain in the NC forums.  I'm sorry Kuro.  I look forward to playing with you in our other games though.  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Flower

I would not mind some help fleshing out powers and limitations with her but other than that she's done. :)

Flower's First Charrie
Name: Kyle (pronounced Ky-leh)

Nom De Guerre: Nightmare

Player Name: Dancing Flower

Sex: Female

Height: 5'6

Weight: 130

Hair: Reddish Brown

Eyes: Dark Brown

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Ons: Sweets, music, light colored eyes, Fireworks, insects, autumn

Offs: Springtime, Heat, too much noise, cigarette smoke, ice

Place of Birth: Unknown

Current Nationality: American

Known Relatives: None

Current Occupation: None other than being a student

Affiliations: Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters

Hobbies: Listening to music, hanging outdoors, the occasional video game

Origin of Powers:  Breed Mutant

Strength Level:  Human strength with little to no exercise: Lift (press) approximately 50 lbs

Powers:

Hypnosis: One of Kyle's abilities is being able to induce sleep. At this point, she can only do this by holding her target's gaze.

Create nightmares: Once her target is secure within sleep, Nightmare is capable of creating a dreamscape within their mind. Most of the time, she feeds off their inner fears to make their time within her world almost unbearable.

Turn Dreams into reality: Any injury sustained within the dreamscape would transfer over into the real world.

Illusions: Nightmare is capable of having her opponent believe they are fighting a fear rather than her. Again, it would not cause physical damage if the attack is successful but it would drain the person's mental abilities. 

In the future, with training, Nightmare would be capable of simply observing other people's dreams. Also, she will discover the inner ability to provide peaceful dreams to people rather than the darker side of sleep.

Fighting Skill: Class 1

Limitations: Insomnia, animals immune to abilities, cyborgs immune to ability, potential for ability to turn on its creator

Unusual Features: none

Appearance: Her hair is natural curly, falling slightly past her shoulders. There are times she appears almost lanky but there are some curves on her body. She has light freckles across the bridge of her nose. It is not often she smiles. Her clothing choices tend to lean more towards darker colors of blacks and violets. She never wears dresses. Her only piercing is her ears while she has no tattoos. She tends to like silver jewelry more than gold. Gaudy gems caused her to frown more often than not. 

Personality: A lot has changed since the days Kyle spent in the orpahanage. When she first came to Xavier's Institute, she was leery of friendly faces and people who claimed the desire to help her, but time has proven this to be true rather than a cleverly veiled lie. She is not the most cheerful person in the school but neither is she the gloomiest.

History: Kyle was born in the midst of a January storm in the backseat of her parents' car. Her birth was one full of  gore, screams, then finally silence after her mother. The negative experience was likely the reason why her mother never had another child. Even though her first few hours were not necessarily the best, considering the car was stuck in the snow, Kyle always seemed to be in cheerful spirits as a baby. Forever smiling and gurgling at the cameras her father placed in front of her. It was not until she was about two did the fits start. At first, it was seen as nothing other than a phase. Terrible twos but she was unable to sleep, leading to more tantrums and inclination towards physical violence. Her parents did everything in their power to help but Kyle remained the same. Soon, her mother began to suffer from sleep deprivation as well. Whenever Kyle did sleep at the same time as her parents, their dreams became almost like a mental prison. No matter how hard they tried they could not wake up until Kyle rose from her bed with a ghostly countenance rather than restfulness.

This went on for about a year until her father had enough of their life. Unlike some men, he did not chose to simply leave wife and daughter. When his wife was gone to visit her family, in desperate need of a break after another anxiety attack, her father wrapped her in blankets. He drove until the car's tank was on E then left her outside of a hospital. That was the last time she ever saw her parents. From then, her life was spent within foster homes. Being pretty helped her to be placed within a home but she never stayed for more than a year or two. They all complained about the same troubles. A few years later, it appeared as if she was placed on the black list within the orphanage since potential parents were not brought near her. Among the adults and other children, she was labelled as a freak...a mutant...so it was hard for her to make friends. Forced into solitude, she found some happiness in her ability to fix things. The ability just seemed natural to her so she was always working on some small project within the orphanage as long as she stayed out of the way. 

It was around the age of six, Kyle came to realize something was wrong with her. However, she did not lean the exact nature of what made her different until age nine when she accidentally used her powers maliciously against one of her roommates. The attack was born out of jealousy, and Kyle found herself desiring for the girl to lose what others always swarmed around her for like she was sweetly spun cotton candy. She imagined the girls face breaking out into hives, and nearly fainted when it actually happened in front of her. Yet, Kyle felt no satisfaction in what could have been revenge. The act caused fear of her to deepen, and she was move to a room near the basement.

When she was fifteen, Kyle was brought from the orphanage to live within Xavier's institute. It did not take much convincing for her to come to the school since she was under the impression of being returned just like in the past. That mindset remained until about six months at the Institute.

TheBlackThrone

Hi! I'm new to E but not new to RP. I saw two threads for some Marvel action, and I decided to choose this one. I am relieved that Iceman is still available. Usually I would expect that character to be one of the first to go. I typically tend to be active in the evenings during the week and during the weekends, I am active throughout the entire day. I would very much be interested in the Iceman slot if you'll have me. I can submit a character sheet to the GMs tomorrow night, seeing as I have little time tonight.  :-)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Josietta

Heyas!

Just be sure to send over the sheet to all three of us (LunarSage, PumpkinSeeds, and me)! ;)

We look forward to seeing what you have.

Also just as a note Iceman is listed on our character roster as inactive if you want to look it over first and see just how our last player handled him that might help as well.  You are free to make adjustments as needed. He wasn't played out too much but he did have the beginnings of a relationship sort of thing with Kitty Pryde and went on a mission with Rogue to the Savage Lands. You may want to peek through those or you can ask just what is important and we'll let you know all that is necessary to move forward.

We are currently in October in game so its only been a month or so since school started.

If you have any questions do feel free to send us a PM.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

TheBlackThrone

Great! I'll be sure to read over the past posts involving him.

I also would like to request an OC, but I want to make sure his concept is okay. He's a cop for the NYPD. Because of this, he may only be active around his job in the city until discovered by the X-men. Once discovered, he can swing by the X-mansion whenever necessary. I've just always had this character, and I've been eager to play him in a lasting storyline. I will submit him along with the Iceman profile when I can. Feel free to let me know what you like and dislike, and we can iron out the wrinkles together.  :-)
The gates are open

Josietta

You are welcome to send over your concept before hand if you want to be sure its all kosher with all the GMs before working out a sheet.

Everyone is allowed one OC  and one Canon (or two OCs) when they first join.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

TheBlackThrone

Good Evening! I was doing some brainstorming for the Iceman profile, and while browsing your threads in the Big Game section, I saw that you had an inactive profile for him. I read over the information and thought it was very similar to what I had brainstormed. I am wondering if it is okay to adopt that profile for the game? I do not claim the work of course. I noticed another thread where I saw some players writing small summaries of what has happened with their characters over a period of time. If allowed to use that profile, I was thinking I could just write a summary for Bobby and what he has been doing during his absence. Let me know what you think.
The gates are open

Josietta

Yes that is acceptable with me.  I think using that profile would be easier in the long run. You do need to write upa time skip summary based on what Bobby has been doing in his absence and when he decided to come back. As in which day/time frame. Did you want him to come back right when that big fight happens? (You'd need to read the plot summary about that to get the full details there) or would it be after?

Lunar? Pumpkin?

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Pumpkin Seeds

:: looks up from the cookie jar:: Lunar made me do it!  err..oh..umm...:: coughs::

I think that works very well in terms of using the previous profile and work.  Though we may want to make the Relationship thread anew for you if you choose to update or add your own flare to that section.  Also a time skip summary perhaps going back beyond the month advancement mark would be appropriate.  As for when he came back I would say after the fight just to give the player a clean start.

LunarSage

Agreed and Iceman's profile is up and approved, TBT.  :-)

*Directs you to the OOC Thread where you have been officially introduced to the other players*

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Josietta

Yup it sure is! :)

Feel free to look over the first post and send in a concept and/or character sheet to myself, LunarSage, and PumpkinSeeds.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LordMing

Okay, Hanks history is prohibitively long, I linked the wiki.  I hope that is acceptable.
*EDIT*  Modified for proper continuity
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Henry Phillip "Hank" McCoy
Nom De Guerre: Beast
Player Name: LordMing
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 402 Lbs
Hair: Blue
Eyes: Blue
Ons:
Offs:
Place of Birth: New York, New York
Current Nationality: USA
Known Relatives: Sadie McCoy (Grandmother), Norton McCoy (Father), Edna McCoy (Mother), Robert McCoy (paternal uncle), John McCoy (paternal uncle)
Current Occupation: Adventurer, Biochemist, College Lecturer
Affiliations: Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters,
Hobbies: Biological, genetic and chemical research
Origin of Powers: Breed Mutant
Strength Level: Low End (1 ton)
Powers:
Superhuman Strength: can lift 1 ton
Superhuman Speed: Can run at 40 MPH, especially on all fours
Superhuman Stamina: Can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours
Superhuman Durability: Not bulletproof, but highly resistant to physical impacts from being hit or falling.
Superhuman Agility: Agility, balance and coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
Superhuman Dexterity: Can perform tasks with his feet as easily as with his hands.
Healing Factor: Able to heal mild to moderate injuries much faster than a human.
Acute Senses: Enhanced olfactory, and auditory
Pheremones: Can secrete pheremones to attract members of either sex.
Claws and Fangs: claws on fingers and toes.  These are sharp and strong enough to rend flesh, wood, stone and some metals.
Intelligence: Possesses an IQ of over 200.  He has extensive knowledge of genetics, biochemistry and electronics as well as other fields of interest.
Fighting Skill: Class 4
Limitations:
Unusual Features: Covered with blue fur, pointed ears, fang-like teeth, claws, unusually large hands and feet (shoe size: 20).
Appearance: Muscular, with blue fur covering his body and claws at the ends of his toes and fingers.  His eyes are yellow.  His hands and feet are usually bare, though he wears whatever clothes appropriate to his situation.  Tends to wear round spectacles that perch on his nose.
Personality: 
Despite his ongoing battle with the demons of loneliness and rejection, he is an inveterate prankster and wit, and besides his brutish exterior, Beast has been the most literate and eloquent of the X-Men, possessing a million-dollar vocabulary. Henry is every bit a human being plagued by duality: man/beast; genius/sports star; gentle giant/feral aggressor.
Equal parts biochemist and activist, Beast focuses on the X-Men's goals of building better relationships between man and mutant. In immersing himself in this campaign, Beast holds hope that in the world he and the other X-Men dream of, he'll finally be known more for the genius within than for the creature outside.
History:
Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

Josietta

Quote from: LordMing on March 27, 2013, 10:34:50 PM
Okay, Hanks history is prohibitively long, I linked the wiki.  I hope that is acceptable.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Henry Phillip "Hank" McCoy
Nom De Guerre: Beast
Player Name: LordMing
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 402 Lbs
Hair: Blue
Eyes: Blue
Ons:
Offs:
Place of Birth: New York, New York
Current Nationality: USA
Known Relatives: Sadie McCoy (Grandmother), Norton McCoy (Father), Edna McCoy (Mother), Robert McCoy (paternal uncle), John McCoy (paternal uncle)
Current Occupation: Adventurer, S.W.O.R.D. Agent, Biochemist, College Lecturer
Affiliations: Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters, S.W.O.R.D.
Hobbies: Biological, genetic and chemical research
Origin of Powers: Breed Mutant
Strength Level: Class 10
Powers:
Superhuman Strength: can lift 10 tons
Superhuman Speed: Can run at 40 MPH, especially on all fours
Superhuman Stamina: Can exert himself at [eak capacity for several hours
Superhuman Durability: Not bulletproof, but highly resistant to physical impacts from being hit or falling.
Superhuman Agility: Agility, balance and coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
Superhuman Dexterity: Can perform tasks with his feet as easily as with his hands.
Healing Factor: Able to heal mild to moderate injuries much faster than a human.
Acute Senses: Enhanced olfactory, audial and visual senses including cat like night vision
Pheremones: Can secrete pheremones to attract members of either sex.
Claws and Fangs: retractable, razor sharp claws on fingers and toes.  These are sharp and strong enough to rend flesh, wood, stone and some metals.
Intelligence: Possesses an IQ of over 200.  He has extensive knowledge of genetics, biochemistry and electronics as well as other fields of interest.
Fighting Skill: Class 4
Limitations:
Unusual Features: Covered with blue fur, vertical pupils, pointed ears, fang-like teeth, claws, unusually large hands and feet (shoe size: 20).
Appearance: Muscular, with blue fur covering his body and claws at the ends of his toes and fingers.  His eyes are yellow and slitted like a cats.  His hands and feet are usually bare, though he wears whatever clothes appropriate to his situation.  Tends to wear round spectacles that perch on his nose.
Personality: 
Despite his ongoing battle with the demons of loneliness and rejection, he is an inveterate prankster and wit, and besides his brutish exterior, Beast has been the most literate and eloquent of the X-Men, possessing a million-dollar vocabulary. Henry is every bit a human being plagued by duality: man/beast; genius/sports star; gentle giant/feral aggressor.
Equal parts biochemist and activist, Beast focuses on the X-Men's goals of building better relationships between man and mutant. In immersing himself in this campaign, Beast holds hope that in the world he and the other X-Men dream of, he'll finally be known more for the genius within than for the creature outside.
History:

Hey there. We will look it over and get back with you tomorrow once all three GMs can give their opinions. Look for our PM in your inbox! :)  In the mean time feel free to drop by the OOC Thread and have a look around and chit chat. We're a friendly lot and there are plenty of other threads for info and background to see and look at until we can get back to you.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

Yes and I'm pretty sure we to back to you with approval.

I'll have Lunar  double check.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas