Supernatural: Legacy interest check (full)

Started by Landshark, July 01, 2016, 02:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Argent on July 06, 2016, 04:26:30 PM

Ummm ... why do you ask?  O:)

I laughed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to hard at that!
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Vampyre Valkyrie

Name:  Maggie Smoak and various other aliases   Hacker Go By: “Sm0k3 N Mirr0rz”

Personality: While Maggie isn’t necessarily quiet, she isn’t exactly loud either. It all depends on the people surrounding her at the time. She can be playful, and easy going…but she can also be cold and calculated. She however does have a tendency to say exactly what’s on her mind, which some people appreciate, but others think it makes her a bitch. She’s fiercely loyal, and will do anything to protect her friends. So also wants nothing more than to serve the greater good. She’s a bit of a nerd, and it shows in what most people view as random spurts of fandom/geek vomit that spill out of her mouth.

Appearance: Maggie stands about at about 5 foot, 6 and 1/2 inches. Her red hair is obviously dyed, and is worn in a various array of styles, her cosplay skills making it easy for her to style it so that it looks short one day, but long the next. Her style is ever changing as well, though she tends to prefer jeans and comfortable shirts, with some sort of flannel, jacket or hoodie over them if it's cold...and boots. She has been known to wear a dress or skirt, but it's rare.

Maggie typically smells of Strawberries, and other fruity smells, or her cotton candy body spray. She wears her makeup light, and doesn't make much of a fuss when it comes to getting ready. She is always clean though, even if it means renting a room just to take a shower. She's a woman driven by purpose, though you can only tell such when she's working, otherwise she is rather unassuming. Occasionally, if the stress is just right, she'll partake in a cigarette, or something greener if you got it, but she won't go out of her way to get the latter. When smoking she fidgets.

More Photos

Main skills: Hacking, Forgery, Macgyvery (Jury rigging)

Combat preference:  With a Weapon (Baseball bat or projectile preferably…there was this really awkward Walking Dead phase we don’t talk about anymore.)

Background:  “It’s time to be brave.”
In 1996, Moira and James Smoak gave birth to their first and only child at Grant Medical center in Columbus Ohio. That is where our story begins, where Maggie was born. Her mother was a stay at home mom, and her dad worked at the airport. All in all, Maggie had a happy childhood even though she was an only child. She did well in school; keeping up decent grades all through elementary school, and middle school. About the time Maggie was ready to hit high school however the recession had hit full force. Her father was laid off, and her mom had to start working as well to keep up with house payments and bills. For the first time in her adolescents Maggie was a latch key kid.

It didn’t take the young woman very long to pick up a hobby to keep herself occupied. She had always been kind of nerdy, and done very well with computers. So on nights both her parents were at work, the young woman would sit in her bedroom on her computer, attempting to “hack the planet” all Hackers style, reading her comics, and drinking her oversized fountain drinks. She quickly found out she was rather good at it, but knew she needed a side hobby, or she’d wind up getting caught.

That’s when the cosplaying started. Maggie would use what she could find around the house to make her costumes and accessories. The first few, not looking much better than what a 4th grader would do. It was when she turned about 15 that she went to her first convention, and got told one of her badges looked like shit, that her skills in forgery really started to get worked on. She went directly home after that convention and started to work on learning how to make better badges, which lead her into making fake ID’s for extra cash so she could go to these conventions…all the while telling her parents she was volunteering to pay her way in.

All in all, high school was pretty chill. She didn’t graduate valedictorian or anything like that, but she still graduated with decent grades. After graduating she signed up to attend community college for computers and met her first serious boyfriend, Alex. Everything was going extremely well for the two of them, as they shared so many hobbies and interested that they did everything together. Cons, Hacking, watching TV…Maggie was sure she’d met her soul mate, and they’d even moved in together just before Maggie’s 19th birthday.

All fairytales must come to an end though the night he came home and wasn’t acting like himself, and attacked her. Lucky for Maggie some guy named Garth busted in like a pimp just in time to save her ass. Apparently he’d been in the area, and hadn’t been able to get ahold of any other hunters. So he’d decided to deal with the ghouls himself. He was super sweet, and also super huggy…but he took the time to explain what had happened to Maggie before leaving. It was at that moment her life changed.

Maggie explained to her family she needed to travel to find herself, and that was that. It’s been 5 years since that day. She’s spent all that time searching for answers, and making new contacts. Living off fake credit cards, hacking, and cash she gets from making fake ID’s Maggie has fully immersed herself in this life. In her mind she was ready for it…she’d watched The Walking Dead and Buffy enough that she’d started training to be like her heroes at an early age…Bats, Swords, Knifes, Axes, Crossbows, Guns. As long as there’s a weapon, Maggie feels confident. She’s made a couple people she’d consider good friends since hitting the road, be it in person or online. An MMA trained fighter not long after leaving Ohio, to a paranormal investigator via chat boards online looking for things that go bump in the night. She also bumped into some guy who introduced himself as Sean in a book store, who suggested a book called The Winchester Gospels.

The guy must have been a fucking psychic, because that book has helped with more research than she could have imagined. Now she travels from place to place, looking for more information, training when she can, and prepping to start fighting the good fight.

Maggie meets up with her friend Himiko on the road whenever she can for some decent company to talk shop with, a hot shower, and an actual bed (bunk) to sleep in. Maggie is just waiting patiently, to find that first job that calls to her, searching for answers while she waits, and making as many contacts as she can.

Equipment: 3 Laptops (2 burners and 1 good hacking laptop), Numerous fake ID’s, about 5 phones (all routed through her computer so you can’t trace the signal), WiFi hot spot,  Spiked baseball bat (named Vera cause it’s funny, also referred to as a “Z whacker” ), Big ass boot knife, Crossbow,  Glock 26 9mm, Sawed off Shotgun, various book (some are helpful for hunting, some not), 2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV

Face Claim: Anastasia Baranova

Theme Song:
On/Off: Player prefers people talk to her directly about my O/O’s

**Still up in the air about my theme song, and more pictures to come...I just wanted to get her up*

|

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Argent on July 06, 2016, 04:26:30 PM

Ummm ... why do you ask?  O:)

Someone just said they needed help burying a body, so here I am!  >:)

Vergil1989

Lol that body happened to be related to that Okami that ate Himiko's mother if you want to know the truth.  ;D  Seriously, that's the very same Okami that almost ate Bobby when that other guy said he needed to bury it, yet she came back for round two because the black guy didn't kill it correctly.  It just made sense to me that given my character's origins, there would be a very loose thread connecting her to the crotchety old man in question lol.  Anyway sorry, I'll shut up now.

And yay!  I got my trailer buddy!  I like her Vamp, I like her a lot.  ;D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Vergil1989 on July 06, 2016, 07:32:16 PM

And yay!  I got my trailer buddy!  I like her Vamp, I like her a lot.  ;D

YAY!

|

Argent

Maggie is cool!

Hmmm. With her Macgyver skills and Jeff's electronics, they should totally work together to figure out how to put holy water, salt and silver bombs on cheap Walmart drones.

Landshark

Quote from: Argent on July 06, 2016, 07:48:53 PM
Maggie is cool!

Hmmm. With her Macgyver skills and Jeff's electronics, they should totally work together to figure out how to put holy water, salt and silver bombs on cheap Walmart drones.

Oh dear Chuck, what have I done  ???

Vergil1989

Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Landshark

Looks good VV. Fix the equipment link and your approved. Please put your character on the approved character thread.  :)

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Argent on July 06, 2016, 07:48:53 PM
Maggie is cool!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS! We're going to be complete badasses!!!

*Turns on ringtone again and sings*

We face the ghosts when others will not, we're-
Ghost! Ghostfacers!
Stay in the kitchen when the kitchen gets hot!
Ghost! Ghostfacers!
We face the nightmare, we face the dread!
Ghost! Ghostfacers!
We face the faceless--WE FACE THE DEAD!
In the haunted night, looking for the fight of our life
with the after-life!
When you trip and fall, into the super-natur-all
We're who you're gonna call,
cause we face them all!

*Bows*....I don't have a problem...I swear

Quote from: Landshark on July 06, 2016, 07:50:09 PM
Oh dear Chuck, what have I done  ???

You made a Supernatural game and involved me...You know what happens when this occurs! You knew the risks :P

Quote from: Vergil1989 on July 06, 2016, 07:50:53 PM
Made an awesome tag team?  ;D

Hells yes!

Quote from: Landshark on July 06, 2016, 07:51:43 PM
Looks good VV. Fix the equipment link and your approved. Please put your character on the approved character thread.  :)

You got it dude! *Finished updating the pictures and theme songs finally*

|

VioletPanda

Well,  I was going to make a research oriented character, but it seems like that's well covered :(
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Landshark

Any further CS applicant, please PM them to me. Do not post them here. Thank you

Landshark

OK last day to get me your sheets. I'll review them sat morning and make my decision then. So hurry and get them PMed to me today.

Once the characters are finalised I'll be working up the opening thread. Expect PM's from me to set up your characters intros.

Landshark

Everyones being silent. That doesnt bode well.

Well wake up! We have our final player Orange Marmalade! Yeah!!!!

Go ahead and put your CS in the CS thread with the others OM.

Plan on getting the game thread up tomorrow.

CurvyKitten

Hey I working on the tail end of a ten hour shift! I had to be silent:p

Landshark

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Landshark on July 09, 2016, 04:53:01 PM
Everyones being silent. That doesnt bode well.

Well wake up! We have our final player Orange Marmalade! Yeah!!!!

Go ahead and put your CS in the CS thread with the others OM.

Plan on getting the game thread up tomorrow.

I sit silently, and watch....like a nerdy hacker should :P

|

Landshark

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 09, 2016, 04:58:12 PM
I sit silently, and watch....like a nerdy hacker should :P

uhuhh...I watch movies. Nerdy hackers are all about skateboards and mix tapes and looking like they dressed by jumping into a pile of clothes and whatever went on in whatever order is cool and the swim with their clothes on and and and and... God I liked that movie :P

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Landshark on July 09, 2016, 05:03:58 PM
uhuhh...I watch movies. Nerdy hackers are all about skateboards and mix tapes and looking like they dressed by jumping into a pile of clothes and whatever went on in whatever order is cool and the swim with their clothes on and and and and... God I liked that movie :P

Eeeeaaasy there Fanboy!

|

dblkrose

Hey, I can't believe I miss this thread. Are you Full, Full... or Just Full?
"Why do Roses have Thorns... to remind you that somethings, no matter how beautiful, are not to be touched without a little sacrifice..."

-D

Landshark

At this point i have 6 players which is all I can rationalize for a hunter group right now. If you would like please feel free to make a character sheet and send it to me. I will keep it on file and if we loose someone ill look over who has submitted an extra sheet for a replacement

dblkrose

Okay, thanks. I will see what I can come up with.
"Why do Roses have Thorns... to remind you that somethings, no matter how beautiful, are not to be touched without a little sacrifice..."

-D