Kingdom of the Blind (Pathfinder System, Homebrew)

Started by NobleWolf, January 18, 2010, 11:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NobleWolf

Quote from: Matthew on January 25, 2010, 04:12:55 AM
I imagine I'm a bit late on replying, but I'm a big fan of pathfinder... if you're still looking for players, I'd love to put one together, if not, put me down as an alternate if you like  :-)

*Sigh* Alright, just one more person then. Have a character in mind?

Ok, for everyone that hasn't shown interest yet, this game is currently filled. I'll probably need at least one or two alternates though.

Matthew

A human cleric most likely, if that fits, I'll start throwing something together... although, if I'm too late to the party, please feel free to just put me down as an alternate instead!

The Great Triangle

We've already got two clerics in the party, though if you were a cleric of an odd alignment...  '

(we're currently sitting at 1 multi class paladin, 2 sorceresses, 2 clerics, a bard, and maybe a tantric wizard)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

NobleWolf

Quote from: Matthew on January 25, 2010, 04:53:33 AM
A human cleric most likely, if that fits, I'll start throwing something together... although, if I'm too late to the party, please feel free to just put me down as an alternate instead!

If you'd rather wait for somebody to drop out, feel free to do so. But if you'd like to make a character and start posting, that would be fine too. I just want to see how things turn out with the number of people that have shown interest so far.

Quote from: The Great Triangle on January 25, 2010, 05:00:51 AM
We've already got two clerics in the party, though if you were a cleric of an odd alignment...  '

(we're currently sitting at 1 multi class paladin, 2 sorceresses, 2 clerics, a bard, and maybe a tantric wizard)

You can NEVER have to many clerics. When built properly, a party of only clerics is a near invulnerable, well oiled killing machine.  At least that's been my experience.

The Great Triangle

Well of course, a party of clerics is properly called a crusade! 

(the unstoppable steamroller of divine death is a classic way to take the field, certainly)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Matthew

Quote from: NobleWolf on January 25, 2010, 05:12:01 AM
You can NEVER have to many clerics. When built properly, a party of only clerics is a near invulnerable, well oiled killing machine.  At least that's been my experience.
Perhaps, but wheres the fun in that? :P
In all seriousness, I didn't realize there were two already, I'll go with something that hasn't been chosen yet, then... besides, the play test classes sound interesting, so, maybe an Elf Oracle...

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Matthew on January 25, 2010, 05:21:14 AM
Perhaps, but wheres the fun in that? :P
In all seriousness, I didn't realize there were two already, I'll go with something that hasn't been chosen yet, then... besides, the play test classes sound interesting, so, maybe an Elf Oracle...

The party really has no rogue.  As there are two sorcerer, one bard, one tantrist.  Plus as been clearly pointed out  two clerics.   We have a lot of spell casting types.

Matthew

*nods* Rogue it is, then!

edit: And done!

Ren

Male Half Elf
Rogue 3
Hit Dice: 3d8
Hit Points: 24

Ability Scores: STR 10 (+0), DEX 15 (+2), CON 10 (+0), INT 14 (+2), WIS 8 (-1), CHA 13 (+1)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30

AC: 16 (touch 12, flatfooted 14, CMD 14)
Saves: Fortitude: +1, Reflex: +6, Will: +0
CMB: +2

Attacks:
Masterwork Shortbow: +5, 60ft range increment
Masterwork Rapier: +5

Damage:
Masterwork Shortbow: 1d6, x3 crit
Masterwork Rapier: 1d6, x2 crit (18-20)

Armor:
Mithril Chain Shirt (+4 AC, +6 Max Dex, 0 Armor Check Penalty, 10% Spell Failure)

Special Abilities:
Low Light vision
Trapfinding
Evasion
Trap Sense +1
Sneak Attack +2d6

Skills:
Acrobatics: 8
Appraise: 2
Bluff: 9
Climb: 6
Diplomacy: 1
Disable Device: 8
Disguise: 9
Escape Artist: 2
Fly: 2
Heal: -1
Intimidate: 1
Linguistics: 8
Perception: 7
Ride: 2
Sense Motive: 5
Sleight of Hand: 11
Stealth: 8
Survival: -1
Swim: 0

Feats:
Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons, hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword)
Armor Proficiency (light armor)
Skill Focus (Slight of Hand)
Deceitful
Improved Feint

Traits:
Reactionary (+2 init)
Deft Dodger (+1 reflex)

Rogue Talents:
Finess Rogue

Languages: Common, Elven, Halfling, Dwarven, Undercommon, Goblin, Giant

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Agnostic

Equiptment:  Backpack; Bedroll; Masterwork Shortbow, Arrows (20), Masterwork Rapier, Mithril Chain Shirt, Peasant's Outfit, Backpack, Sunrod, Candle (5), Flint and Steel, Small Steel Mirror, Masterwork Thieves tools
1139gp, 8sp

Ren is a half elf, born of an elven mother. His father, the source of his human side, is all but unknown to him... his mother refuses to speak of him, and all his grandparents would say is that he was conceived while his mother was in human custody, having been captured after a battle over the resources their home forest held.
Although he got along with his family well enough, the rest of his village took a more typical view of him. The scorn was constant, and from the rougher elements, the occasional beating was far from unheard of. It was little suprise, then, that he left home as soon as he came of age, setting out to find his place in the world.
His mother had been a proud defender of their homeland, a barbarian, strong of arm and skilled with her blade, and he'd originally intended to follow in her footsteps... but as time passed, and training did little to improve his strength, he was eventually forced to admit that he was too slight of build to weild a greataxe with any sort of effectivness. On the other hand, he'd quickly discovered in his travels that the humans of the world had no more respect for half breeds like them then the elves did, and, denied access to polite society, the underworld proved to be a natural destination.
At first, with the difficulty he had finding work, it was stealing out of necessity (or at least, thats what he told himself, though he never seemed to hesitate to grab a bit more then he actually needed). Before long, he was working the streets regularily, disguising his heritege just enough to mingle with the population, and at every opportunity, relieve another poor sap of their coinpurse.
While slightly short for his race, Ren is close to average for a human, which tends to work in his favor when he's trying to hide himself. His hair is long, and a bit messy, falling below his shoulders, again, helping to hide his ears when needed. Generally, when disguised, the most obvious sign of his heritage is his slender features, and his amber eyes. He dresses plainly, wearing cheap, but well made garments, in styles typical of lower to middle class peasants.

BlackBox

Would you have room for a wild elf ranger/fighter type?

NobleWolf

Sure, your friend saved you a spot.

BlackBox

NobleWolf

I've resurrected this thread to find new victims adventurers for my game. If you're interested see the first post (here) for character creation and a brief campaign description. It's a dark, gritty game at it's core. Because it's non-linear, self-motivated characters are a must. Post your character concepts, questions, etc. here.

Tydorei

I just love pathfinder. Perhaps an Inquisitor who is a zealot for her god.

NobleWolf

Quote from: Tydorei on August 17, 2010, 04:37:48 PM
I just love pathfinder. Perhaps an Inquisitor who is a zealot for her god.
Sounds good so far to me.