The Hangover: Fantasy Edition! (D&D 3.5)

Started by Inerrant Lust, January 20, 2012, 01:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

You've just slain the dragon, congratulations! Now it's time to celebrate! Free ale for the whole party, the city is in your debt and nobody will refuse these great heroes for their righteous slaying!

The next day... you wake up in a strange place and things are very different. The woman awake to feel their shirts considerably looser, and their pants considerably tighter. The men awaken to find that their chests much more... ample, and their most prized weapon of all missing! Everyone has been gender swapped!

Now you must retrace your steps, search your pockets for clues and find out how to fix this terrible mistake!

The game will begin In Medias Res with the dragon slaying. Then once the celebrations begin, we'll fade to black and pick up the RP from there. ;)
Setting: Generic archetypical fantasy realm.
CharGen:
ECL 11, 66,000 GP (Although you'll lose a randomly generated portion of your gear... :P)
32 Point Buy
Any race or class(es), as long as it makes sense and isn't too crazy. :P

Aoife

This concept is utterly hilarious :D  I can't do anything but throw myself at this game and the amazing concept it represents.  MAGICAL ROOFIES is a campaign idea I should file in the list of awesome.

Is the party going to be traditional 'all-heroic, all the time', or can we basically come up with anything?

Inerrant Lust

While I'd be partial to throw the utterly cliche well-adjusted and balanced adventuring party in through this genre-bending game, I'm open to any ideas. :P

Aoife

Mainly, I was thinking to go classics:

-shiny knight guy
-morally bankrupt arcane guy
-morally ambiguous thief
-virtuous virtue of virtue priesty guy
-comic relief minority figure

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

tuckers02

Though I've never seen The Hangover, this sounds like an awesome idea.  I'd love to play the muscle bound womanizer with the bad attitude (think Kratos from the God of War series).  This could also be dune as a cleric.  I can think of a few ways he would react to being gender swapped.

Zaer Darkwail

I seen Hangover and I thought it hilarious movie, so I am rolling in to this game :). Go with Fochluran Lyrist PrC char (monk or rogue/bard/druid levels).

rhev

I love this idea, and if you get a good balance of genders (which will then be swapped) I'd love to be a part of it ! 

Inerrant Lust

I'll take 4-5 players. Preferably 2-3 males and 2 females. Err, originally. :P

I'll select players based on whoever seems to make for the most interesting intra-party dynamic between them.

rhev

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on January 20, 2012, 05:49:29 AM
I'll take 4-5 players. Preferably 2-3 males and 2 females. Err, originally. :P

Hahah, good save.   Well, I guess I'm off to think of an interesting character concept then.

Aoife

I need the make a dickass thief other dickass thiefs would be proud to have a murderous vendetta against.

rhev

I feel the growing urge to play the somewhat dimwitted barbarian with a heart of gold.    Ever seen barbarian women?   YOWZA... healthy up top.

tuckers02

I guess i'll be the egotistical healer then.  I'm going to bed right now though so I'll try to get a sheet up tonight depending on how busy work is.

Dizzied

Sounds really interesting! Looks to be filling up fast though...I won't have a chance to make a char until tomorrow night but I'll post something. Would love to see an expert fighter suddenly realize he needs all of his armor refitted. >:)

ShadowFox89

I think I'll go with an arcane/psionic guy. Er, girl. Er..... You get what I mean :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

tuckers02

So what deities are we looking at using?  If I'm going to be the divine caster, I'll need to know.

Inerrant Lust

I had no particular setting or pantheon in mind, so feel free to choose whomever fits. :P

tuckers02

Ashendar is a tall, muscular man standing 6'4" and weighing about 225 lbs.  His brown curly hair comes down to his shoulders and match the brown of his eyes that brim with confidence and arrogance that he is known to portray.

His skin is perfectly tanned over his whole body and show very few mars even though it's obvious he's been battle tested.  He usually shows two sides of himself; the frown of the stern, no-nonsense brawler that is ready for a fight anytime and the smile of the charming lady's man that is always ready to have fun.

rhev

FYI I think I may bow out... you already have enough men waiting to be womanized anyways and I'm about to start a new game or two.  I'm going to keep my eye on it though!

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: rhev on January 21, 2012, 12:45:16 AM
FYI I think I may bow out... you already have enough men waiting to be womanized anyways and I'm about to start a new game or two.  I'm going to keep my eye on it though!

D:

I was looking forward to seeing the dim barbarian hulk turn into a ditzy but hot barbarian babe. ;) There's something about a chick who isn't very smart but can rip your arm off and beat you with it...

Although I think tuckers' character certainty qualifies, granted... Here's what we have so far;

Tucker - Cleric/Healer/Smasher/Tank
Ryvaken - Beguiler/Rogue/Duskblade/Prankster
Zaer Darkwail - Bard/Monk/Rogue/Druid
Aoife - Dickass Thief. :P
Rhev - Bowed out. :(
ShadowFox89 - Arcane/Psionic Guy

Too many sneaky types! I'd like to find a nice balance between the party. If there's enough variety, I might go with the 'Order of the Stick' formula and make this a particularly large party, with six members (3 male, 3 female)

The Roy - Hero (Paladin/Fighter)
The Haley - Lancer (Rogue/Fighter)
The Durkon - Big Guy (Cleric/Druid)
The Varsuvius - Smart Guy (Wizard/Sorcerer)
The Elan - Chick (Bard/Monk)
The Belkar - Sixth Ranger (Barbarian/Ranger)

Callie Del Noire

Inerrant Lust

Oh no, that was just a list of people we have so far....

What did you have in mind? :D

Muse

Dashing Swordsman!  :) 

Tallyrand Ambroise, swashbuckler, lover, man among men, *coughprettyboycough*, is a wise cracking ladies man with a flashing rapier blade who doesn't quite realize that he's somewhat efeminate. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ShadowFox89

Snoody intellectual of course.

And in the tradition of Varsuvius, it will be hard to tell what gender s/he was initially until someone checks under the robes :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on January 21, 2012, 02:08:46 AM
Oh no, that was just a list of people we have so far....

What did you have in mind? :D

Seems like all the spots are taken.. I'd have gone for the 'evil halfling theif/ranger' type. Waking up as a girl.. BIG shock.. waking up TALLER.. GREAT HAPPENINGS.