Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Quote from: gaggedLouise on September 04, 2020, 04:10:34 PM
Yes, that too - but we can definitely count on that if Biden wins then he'll revive it asap, no?

Private Bone Spurs has apparently reconsidered his course of action:

Pentagon will not cut funding to military's independent newspaper, Trump says  (Timestamp '2 hours ago')
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Aiden

Trump's bone spurs are going to flare up, I wonder if he will respond to this execution.

Sara Nilsson

"fake news" never said that

And it wont matter, his followers will just not believe it or it wont matter.

It doesn't matter to my husband. He is all.. yeah that is stupid, but Biden will be worse. He will cut our defense budget when we need to increase it to fight off the chinese and russians. Nothing matters to them. Trump could pass more anti trans laws, and hubby would watch and no nothing. All because, we need bigger military, we need to have 10 to 1. How to fun it? eh.. but the green deal will cost us money!!!  Yeah.. it really makes me wonder why I am married to him.

They are all fucking brainwashed. It is so sad to see an otherwise intelligent well educated human being being like this.

TheGlyphstone

What do they think China or Russia is going to do, invade us?

Sara Nilsson

"We need to keep them from becoming the world leader"

and.. yeah thats what they think, they think china and or russia will start a world war with us.

legomaster00156

The only way a war will ever go hot between superpowers is if one side is certifiably, 100%, absolutely, completely nuclear-free. That being damn near impossible to completely verify, the threat of nuclear armageddon will hang over every potential conflict.

Aiden

This was from 2013

China now has 2

We don't NEED more aircraft carriers.

China and Russia wage war now through media, it's the only battleground that may have the upper hand.

TheGlyphstone

Russia is militarily aggressive, but their hunger doesn't really stretch far beyond their borders. At most, Putin and his 1/8 sized clone want to re-acquire the various Stans and Kraines that were part of the Soviet Union. They're not going to re-enact Red Dawn anytime soon, their offensive foreign policy leans towards manipulating foreign governments via espionage.

China is economically aggressive, which I think makes them the bigger threat to our long-term interests. For all that Trump rattles sabers over factories moving to China, it's as much the way they are energetically investing in infrastructure and economic development that will carry them into competition with the US. Projects like the Belt and Road Initiative are laying the foundations for new markets, making them less dependent on our domestic market. We can't compete with them in brute manufacturing thanks to their lower wages and lax safety laws/worker protections, so trying to 'bring back the jobs' is fighting a losing battle.

TheGlyphstone

Addendum of further thoughts: That is one of the reasons why turning to isolationism is such a terrible idea. When your chief rivals are looking to grow their influence, the stupidest thing you can do is pull back and leave a void tailor-made for them to occupy.

Haibane

Well, well, well, I didn't see this coming.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54039710

A man is poisoned in Russia, on a Russian flight from a Russian airport and he's a loud critic of the Russian state. But we haven't seen the proof yet. BTW, stop hassling my buddy Putin Russia and hassle China instead.

How can America function on the international stage when its leader is effectively being blackmailed by one of his most corrupt and powerful opponents?

If the democrats can secure control of both houses in November I hope and trust we'll see an awful lot of dirt dug up on the shit that's being going down in the last 4 years.

@ Aiden and TheGlyphstone - I agree, a strong military is necessary but a stronger technical anti-espionage presence that is adept at operating throughout the internet is going to be a lot more useful in the next 10 to 20 years. Boris Incompetent Johnson needs a wake up call on that as well.

Haibane

And America doesn't need diversity training because there is no systemic racism in America. Teaching people to be aware of the needs and differences from other ethnicities is "anti-American".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54038888

legomaster00156

Well, racial sensitivity is historically un-American.

gaggedLouise

CNN now say they have a source who had discussed the Vietnam generation with Trump, and that he had told the source he thought people who accepted being drafted were stupid: they should have known how to exploit the system and find the right excuses and loopholes. Like, "why were they not as smart as me?". :P

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Dice

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Dice on September 05, 2020, 04:49:27 PM
And... Fox news...? I um, yea wow. This is going to hurt.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/status/1301975321495973889
Trump demanded of Fox that Griffin be fired over this. I don't think that's gonna happen... :=)

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Dice

Quote from: gaggedLouise on September 05, 2020, 05:04:02 PM
Trump demanded of Fox that Griffin be fired over this. I don't think that's gonna happen... :=)
Worst idea. Blows up the story and all but confirms it. If Fox says it's true and they are Fox...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Aiden on September 05, 2020, 02:04:43 AM

This was from 2013

China now has 2

We don't NEED more aircraft carriers.

China and Russia wage war now through media, it's the only battleground that may have the upper hand.

There are currently 11 US carriers in service. The thing is without these ships the reach of US aircraft is curtailed. The Chinese are building a fleet to meet ours. Carriers are a part of that strategy, as are missiles, aircraft and surface control tech. It’s a safe bet within twin decades with their fleet growth and our reductions, Taiwan will be given an ultimatum. I’m half surprised China hasn’t tried to do something with the president we have in office.

Haibane

The situation in the Nine-Dash Zone is pretty scary. Russia is turning to the internet to flex its political influence, probably because its financially very cheap/effective. China is using its economy plus a traditional military.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-dash_line

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Haibane on September 06, 2020, 08:52:13 AM
The situation in the Nine-Dash Zone is pretty scary. Russia is turning to the internet to flex its political influence, probably because its financially very cheap/effective. China is using its economy plus a traditional military.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-dash_line

China has been building towards a ‘wall’ on the Asian side of the pacific since at least the 80s.  Short of Taiwan suddenly gaining official recognition as a sovereign nation in the coming years, China WILL eventually come for it. Given the growing isolationistic outlook of the US, I’d say before 2040.

gaggedLouise

One of Trump's favourite contractors for building the Mexico Wall (the president of the company also just happens to be a big Trump donor, and a very vocal spokesman for him on Fox News) did construct a couple of miles of wall - but with such dire constructions and lousy material that it's already starting to degrade and fall apart, after a year or so...  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neuc9dindNQ

TheGlyphstone

Speaking of The Wall....

I actually saw this first on Last Week Tonight, but I had to verify it. Part of the border wall's construction involved dynamiting a path through land owned by Native American tribes, specifically sacred land where warriors who died in battle were laid to rest. This was back in February.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51449739

To be explicit....in February of 2020, we desecrated a Native American burial ground. :o

Beguile's Mistress

I believe in an afterlife and always wonder what Circle of Hell Trump will end up in and who the four people he will meet there will be.

legomaster00156

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 06, 2020, 10:29:32 PM
Speaking of The Wall....

I actually saw this first on Last Week Tonight, but I had to verify it. Part of the border wall's construction involved dynamiting a path through land owned by Native American tribes, specifically sacred land where warriors who died in battle were laid to rest. This was back in February.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51449739

To be explicit....in February of 2020, we desecrated a Native American burial ground. :o
The good news: Being built over a desecrated Native American burial ground, the wall is doomed to be cursed.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: legomaster00156 on September 07, 2020, 01:03:03 AM
The good news: Being built over a desecrated Native American burial ground, the wall is doomed to be cursed.

Until we dismantle it, though, the entire country is cursed. It just explains so much about 2020.