Dragon rp craving

Started by sparkles, June 27, 2013, 09:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkles

Just a random urge I thought I'd see if anybody wanted to indulge me in.  I feel like making a dragon character.  I don't really have any specifics, it would depend on what you feel like bringing to the party.  Another dragon?  A knight for mine to fight?  A maiden to be carried off?  I could go for relationship fluff, or drama, or adventure, whatever!  I just feel like being big and scaly.  Am totally down to play a male or female, and you can play whatever gender too. 

Any takers?  Toss a character or an idea my way!

Hunter Phoenix

I'm up for this.

There could be rival dragon clans, with the characters that we play belonging to these clans, which would be an explanation for the rivalry between them, being bitter enemies and fighting one another if they happen to cross paths.

I've been researching Dragons and Dragon folk for a while now and maybe an interesting twist could be that the characters are dragons, but they have the ability to change into humans. There are several places where information about this kind of thing can be found, one of which is actually a book about drawing and painting dragons, several of the pages show human to dragon transformations.

The setting could either be in a modern world, such as todays world, which would lend more credence to the transformation ability because of the need to disguise our characters when in the human populace but with the dragonic overtones to add a fantasy setting to the story, or it could be set in a totally fantastical world, where there are all the usual races such as elves, dwarves, trolls and the like for us to interact with.

Of course being dragon characters there would be others that are after us because the characters are of course beings of legend, to slay a dragon is the highest achievement a Knight or hunter could hope to gain, because of the rewards and fame that usually follow it. Now with this in mind, would the characters be aware that they are being hunted, or would it be something that could be worked towards, so there could be the characters in the world, interacting, unaware that somewhere in the land there are still dragon hunters and Knights that are seeking to make a name for themselves, or do we have them aware, being cautious, keeping a low profile and avoiding their dragon form as much as possible.

These are just some ideas I have, I dunno if they help you out at all, but yeah......
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

sparkles

That's a heap of interesting ideas!

I think I personally lean a bit towards a modern setting, I've done a lot of all-fantasy worlds, so something a little different would be fun.

I think the rival dragon clans could also be used, (it's a good place to start, I think) but I think that could also go in conjunction with the hunting idea.  Rivals forced to band together for their mutual survival can be fun to play.  Possibly the initial rival conflict draws attention from the hunters, and once the dragons realize what's going on, the rivalry becomes secondary. 

Hunter Phoenix

That sounds like a good idea, there would still be that rivalry present within the clans, which of course could cause friction to be created and the possibility of mistakes being made and members being caught out coming about as a result of those mistakes, which raises the need to be careful. It's just something to toy about with. I do enjoy a good dragon RP, I love dragons. I have set up my own RP as well, which has Dragon Kin in it, but I shall leave that for another time as it's huge and would take a lot of explaining lol.

I do like a modern setting, so we could maybe have modern day weapons and the like, with the hunters travelling in cars and using guns, while the dragon folk are having to be careful and only ever change their form when they have no other option. There are bound to be casualties in this so we need to create some side characters that could come to sticky ends, which would also drive on the RP and bring us from point to point, but we can't just have them jumping from one hunt or death to the next, maybe the dragon folk could have some ultimate goal of either peace or slowly trying to reclaim a world that was once theirs but is now dominated by the human or some similar race because they believe that they are the ultimate species and therefore should be the ones in control? Which could in turn lead onto the back story of how the clans came to split up and the rivalry be created.

sparkles

Sounds like you're thinking of a group RP then.  I was more talking about a one-on-one type RP thing, though actually now that the idea is out there a group RP sounds fun too. But I have never run one before, I'm not sure that I'd be up to running such a thing.

Hunter Phoenix

I think we could still pull this off as a 1 on 1 RP, we would just have to fill posts with side characters that wouldn't require any development because they will be killed off by hunters through blunders on their parts or by clever movement of the hunters. We could even just bring up their names in passing as our characters find out that something bad has happened, only to be told by the clan leader that someone has been killed, or something along those lines, we wouldn't need to have a group for that, it would just mean that the posts we did would be longer.

sparkles

Well, I just noticed (and skimmed over) the Darkness Rising thread you put up.  Honestly playing a dragon kin there would probably get my dragon fix in just as well. 

Hunter Phoenix

That's on you :) My thread is going to take a lot of work, I have a lot to add in still, but the basis is there, we can still work on this one if you want :)

sparkles

Lemme ponder on it and get back to you. Either way though, thanks for the interest! 

Hunter Phoenix

No worries :) I liked your idea about the dragons, and I like dragons so it works either way, PM me or message on here on my thread and I'll see it :)