Looking for Athos (F for M) (position filled :-) )

Started by MistressofPen, May 31, 2012, 11:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MistressofPen

This is my first hunt for an RP of my design.  It's an old, recurring dream...

A writer (my character) is off gathering information for her latest novel.  She's led a relatively quiet life while writing of daring deeds and exotic locales.  However, she is an avid researcher and anything her heroine can do she can do...mostly.  Shooting, Tae Kwon Do, flying fixed-wing aircraft, riding, and, of course basic first aid medical care are a few of her talents. 

Her heroine belongs to a secret, multi-national group that comes to the aid of those in need, military or civilian.  They often run afoul of the CIA/MI6/Interpol/Mossad--Everyone's special forces, so the writer knows a bit about all of those groups--what she can find on the web or in the library. 

On her latest research foray, she goes someplace that has a long list of safety precautions on the US travel site.  She read's the warnings from other sites, checks out the local information and determines the US to be over-reacting, again.  So, she heads off to do her research.  She arranges to have a guide to take her to the more remote locations, agreeing to meet at a cafe some distance from the town where her hotel is located.  The cafe in (Egypt/Iran/Greece?) is suddenly turned into a hostage situation, with some "patrons" picking up guns and shouting in an attempt to make a statement in an area frequented by tourists.  As things unfold, the writer's unexpected reactions garner her some unwanted attention.  The rebels think she's CIA.  The CIA is certain she's working for someone because civilians just don't do the things she did.  And, that fictional group she has made up...well, it isn't so fictional, after all; they, too are watching.  (The person who helps her to get out of the cafe is one of the group or perhaps CIA and then there's an option for a third main character.)  With no one sure of who the other is, things are odd.  Running from everyone...suspecting the person she's with of being more than they admit...

I'm seeing this as an adventure story with the usual attraction/tension/dangerous-situation-making-people-closer elements as the pair (trio?) dodge the "bad guys" and bounce around Europe, Middle East, the globe...  If you think you might want to give it a whirl, let me know-PM or post.

MistressofPen

[I may have lost a possible co-writer.  So, please contact if you are interested.  All my PMs have gone AWOL, so please try again.]

shooter6806

Sent you a PM.  I'll watch this thread in case you don't get it.  If necessary we'll use smoke signals.
Youth, exuberance, and enthusiasm are no match for age, experience, and treachery.

Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms.  Should be a convenience store, not a federal agency.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.