Interest Check: Constantinople by Night (OWOD vampire campaign pitch)

Started by Kolbrandr, May 16, 2014, 07:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Kolbrandr on May 25, 2014, 03:45:59 PM
Daimoinon would fall under my no infernal vampires thing, unfortunately.

Thank goodness my  Kuei-Jin really isn't a demon despite what them dam tricksters say the Ravnos lol.   

J/K    O:)

fallensaviour

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: fallensaviour on May 26, 2014, 07:30:30 AM
is this still open?
Yes, I believe so,  as were in the creation phase.  Due up a background  and submit it to Kolbrandr for approval.    As its in the flesh concepts out phase, no character sheets yet.   

Sahariel

Hi,

Are you still accepting players? I have GMed V:TDA with one of my old tabletop groups. I love the Transylvania Chronicles.

RubySlippers

More the merrier I say, like I said seems like a fun group overall save we have no Baali it would have been fun to play one.  >:)

But I like my concept of my character it should be interesting.

Kolbrandr

Just a note as people send me stuff to read over; if you want to have supernaturalish crossovery stuff in your background, sure, okay, that can be fine. Don't however expect it will come up in game at all.

More directly, while it hasn't happened yet, if you invoke such stuff with the expectation to be able to bring it up in game, as far as some, I don't know, mage ally, or vengeful pack of werewolves or something, similarly, that is not really something I want to deal with.

The closest I could possibly picture is some edge case of the Ravnos/Kuei Jin war (though you will have to do some impressive work on how that touches Constantinople, like at all), and even there, at least the other side are also vampires, in their own way.

Yes, for those who have the book, Constantinople has some very, very light crossovery touches. I am not really looking to go especially beyond them as far as anything I have in mind. There's enough going on.

Kolbrandr

Further addendum as stuff comes in. I honestly don't really want to deal with the super outlandish clans/bloodlines for all that they technically exist right now. The Laibon, the Children of Osiris, that sort of end of things. The Lhiannan would similarly be problematic though that's more for a sense of logistics as far as their clan flaw than anything.

The Lamia would be alright, as far as it goes.

Miroque

Sahariel

Quote from: RubySlippers on May 26, 2014, 12:58:35 PM
More the merrier I say, like I said seems like a fun group overall save we have no Baali it would have been fun to play one.  >:)

But I like my concept of my character it should be interesting.

Thanks Ruby,

So, this is my current character concept:

A sixth generation Lasombra who follows the Road of Kings. He was born in the early 5th century. During his mortal lifetime, he was a Roman Legionnaire of Germanic, possibly Goth or Marcomanni origin. He was a third generation soldier born in the early 5th century, at a time when the sons of soldiers were required to take their fathers' profession. He  lived through the Visigoth sack of Rome. He performed a great feat of arms in defense of Rome, during the sack. Shortly thereafter, the Methuselah Sybil embraced him before she decreased her generation via diablerie.

Alternatively, I thought he may have joined one of the nascent monastic orders and impressed the Sybil with his faith and martial acumen. He was involved in the Second and Third crusades. He has, or perhaps had, a connection and some measure of influence over the Templars, like Owain and Montrovant from the Blood Curse and Grail's Covenant Trilogy. I thought perhaps the increasing dominance of Mages of the Knights of the Temple of Solomon, specifically the Cabal of Pure Thought, may have necessitated his flight to Constantinople.

Regarding the references to the Cabal of Pure Thought, I do not expect them to show up in the game. This is just background fluff.

Miroque

Venus Paxium of house Julianus, Clan Ventrue send for approval.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Sahariel on May 28, 2014, 02:45:45 AM
Thanks Ruby,

So, this is my current character concept:

A sixth generation Lasombra who follows the Road of Kings. He was born in the early 5th century. During his mortal lifetime, he was a Roman Legionnaire of Germanic, possibly Goth or Marcomanni origin. He was a third generation soldier born in the early 5th century, at a time when the sons of soldiers were required to take their fathers' profession. He  lived through the Visigoth sack of Rome. He performed a great feat of arms in defense of Rome, during the sack. Shortly thereafter, the Methuselah Sybil embraced him before she decreased her generation via diablerie.

Alternatively, I thought he may have joined one of the nascent monastic orders and impressed the Sybil with his faith and martial acumen. He was involved in the Second and Third crusades. He has, or perhaps had, a connection and some measure of influence over the Templars, like Owain and Montrovant from the Blood Curse and Grail's Covenant Trilogy. I thought perhaps the increasing dominance of Mages of the Knights of the Temple of Solomon, specifically the Cabal of Pure Thought, may have necessitated his flight to Constantinople.

Regarding the references to the Cabal of Pure Thought, I do not expect them to show up in the game. This is just background fluff.

My concept is a Muslim Cainite officially representing the Courts of Damascus and Jerusalem (and others granting her authority) as an ambassador to the great city a scholar and woman of charity following the Road of Community residing in the Muslim ward of the city. Officially she is trying to keep lines open between her sect and Cainite leaders not Muslim in the lands to the East and the city and Venice. Mostly keep open lines of communication, send messages between the powers she works with and ease tensions no easy task. In the city she provides for the poor and outcast Muslim or People of the Book are both in need she will help, invests in businesses for a share of the profits (she is forbidden to charge interest not own minority shares of business interests) and tries to stay impartial just acting as an ambassador for her people.

Of course impartial may not mean, impartial.  ;)

Meliai

Hey everyone!

Kolbrandr's ISP or something is being uncooperative and he's having trouble getting Ell to load at the moment, and he asked me to give you all a heads up. Hopefully things will straighten themselves out soon.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

RubySlippers

Then he should send forth his heralds with missives on the fastest steeds.  :D

Kolbrandr

o-kay.... it's hopefully all sorted, I'll get on replying to the latest messages today.

Miroque

@Kolbrandr: Is there something you want me to add to the app ? (or change, or discuss...or what ever you want me to do... *is know to work on her knees*)

Kolbrandr

If I missed anyone in the last batch of replies, just let me know.

RubySlippers

Just waiting to get to character creation and am still eager to start.

RubySlippers

Well I'm doing a basic Dark Ages and Veil of Night supplement character when the ST elders characters I just need to add the points, I suggest do that it will give a framework at least and all characters should start there anyway ST. At least it will give us something to do for those largely approved at a basic level.

Kolbrandr

Okay, where we are as it stands:

I have 3 backstories basically completed and approved and so forth. Two others getting there, and various other people in more nascent stages.

Ruby Slippers, Elven Sex Goddess, and Sahariel, feel free to work on stats in the meantime, which as related...

character creation guidelines:

Do not bother spending points on generation considering you are all 6th generation. Remember that you can't buy any background higher than 7 dots otherwise.

Do not buy the age background, it doesn't exist.

Otherwise, guidelines:

Your basic template works like this:

Attributes: 10 primary, 8 secondary, 6 tertiary, all start at 1 dot

Abilities: primary 13, secondary 9, tertiary 5, use the ones from Dark Ages: Vampire as much as possible, they start at 0 dots.

Disiciplines: 5

Backgrounds: 7

Virtues: 9 dots, they start at 1 dot.

And then spend 525 freebie/bonus points.

Kolbrandr

For everyone still in the working on a basic concept stage, I'd really like to get things going in a week from now, so consider that something of a deadline.

RubySlippers

Elven Sex Goddess

I will get busy with working on putting my character together tonight after work.   

Just been really busy the last couple of days.