Old Salem (Closed)

Started by RainbowRian, March 12, 2013, 05:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowRian

Oh yes huh. lol at all times.  :D  Im bout to go to bed myself actually.  Apparently Asset Protection came in on my day off and fired a bunch of people.  Idk ~shrugs~ I havent done anything wrong plus they are training me for backup Customer Service Supervisor and one is leaving in a few weeks.  Fingers crossed I get itt! Plus I may go find more stuff to write in my BOS

Nim

Name: Jared Oswell
Occupation: Jack of all trades picking up work where ever he can find it.
Sect: Coven
Orientation: Straight
Hair: long blonde hair
Eyes: Grey
Height: 5'8"
Appearance:
Abilities: Fire starter first learned through his interest in candle magic.  Communicating with the dead.  His ability to communicate with the dead does however has its limits.  While he generally can see them almost all of the time the ability to speak to them is actually limited by that persons own personality and characteristics in life.  If the  one he was seeing had been not all that charismatic in life he would not hear what they were saying all that well.  If however the one he was seeing and speaking to had been a very strong and charismatic in life that conversation would be just as strong as if he was speaking to any other living person.
Personality:  Jared is a very private person very reserved and quiet around those whom he does not know well.  But never afraid to speak what is really on his mind.  Despising what is being done to his fellow practitioners Jared finds every opportunity to fight back and get even with those who have killed his friends and family.
History: Born into a long line of witches who could trace their lines back to the time of the Druids Jared has formed a firm belief in his gods and goddess's which is unshaken despite the times in which he lives.  Jared's parents were killed by religious zealots long before the Salem Witch trials had actually begun and as a result Jared had from the age of 12 grown up in the streets.  Working for room and board he managed to keep his faith and practices despite the odds which stood against him.  From the age of three he had been in contact with his great grandparents whom he had never met in life.  This relationship grew and developed to include contact with many relatives reaching almost as far back as the time as the Druids.  This talent for both seeing and hearing the dead steadily improved until by the age of 10 he was communicating not only with relatives but friends and strangers alike who had passed on to their next lives.  His interest in candle magic began at the age of 8 but the discovery of his fire starter abilities did not come into full affect until his 16th birthday when he conjured his first flames without any other aid other than that of the power of his mind.  By the time he was 24 Jared had saved enough money to buy a small log cabin where he continued to work on his craft.  He first came in contact with the coven at the age of 26.  Now three years later he was a full fledged member.       
Relationships: None yet

Name: Milisent Du'Bose
Sect: Solitary practitioner until she finds the coven
Orientation: Bi sexual although her interests lean more towards women.
Hair:  Red long hair
Eyes: Blueish grey
Height: 5'3"
Appearance:
Abilities: Healing: using a technique she calls bubble magic.  Where she forms a palm sized energy ball in her hand then layers this energy ball according to what kind of her healing her patients need.  Even to the extent that with each layer there can be find multiple time released energy bubbles which have the capabilities for healing in what ever manner she so chooses.  Her healing magic is only truly limited by whether or not it is actually her patients time to leave this earth or  if her patient needs to have what ever ales him/her in order to learn what ever life's lessons he or she needs to learn before passing on to the next life.  Milisent's second ability is being able to keep one foot firmly planted in the physical realm with her other foot being planted firmly in the astral realm where she communes with the wee folk of all shapes sizes and types.  More often than not utilizing the Fey's knowledge and powers of healing to her advantage.   
Personality:  Milisent or Mili as she most often prefers to be called is a true people person with a true love and concern for those who fall into her care.  Not one to easily give her trust but if you win her trust you have won a true friend for life.   
History: From a very young age Milisent had been gifted with the capability to see what anyone needed to be healed of what ever ailed them.  Which led to her interest in nursing.  In another day and age she would have striven to become a full fledged doctor but times being the way they were she settled for the one avenue which was  open to her.  Milisent had grown up in an upper middle class family and her parents had seen to it that she had received the best education that money could possibly buy at the time which she took full advantage of.   Mili had once been married to a man who abused her on both a physical and mental level far beyond that which might have been considered normal for the time she lived in.  In part because of this abuse Mili developed a strong interest in women which was coupled by the fact she actually found them far more physically attractive than men. 
Relationships: None

CurvyKitten

Ok I will work at finishing mine today then.:)

RainbowRian

Quote from: Nim on March 23, 2013, 02:59:12 AM

Name: Jared Oswell
Occupation: Jack of all trades picking up work where ever he can find it.
Orientation: Straight
Hair: long blonde hair
Eyes: Grey
Height: 5'8"
Appearance:
Abilities: Fire starter first learned through his interest in candle magic.  Communicating with the dead.
Personality:  Jared is a very private person very reserved and quiet around those whom he does not know well.  But never afraid to speak what is really on his mind.  Despising what is being done to his fellow practitioners Jared finds every opportunity to fight back and get even with those who have killed his friends and family.
History: Born into a long line of witches who could trace their lines back to the time of the Druids Jared has formed a firm belief in his gods and goddess's which is unshaken despite the times in which he lives.  Jared's parents were killed by religious zealots long before the Salem Witch trials had actually begun and as a result Jared had from the age of 12 grown up in the streets.  Working for room and board he managed to keep his faith and practices despite the odds which stood against him.  From the age of three he had been in contact with his great grandparents whom he had never met in life.  This relationship grew and developed to include contact with many relatives reaching almost as far back as the time as the Druids.  This talent for both seeing and hearing the dead steadily improved until by the age of 10 he was communicating not only with relatives but friends and strangers alike who had passed on to their next lives.  His interest in candle magic began at the age of 8 but the discovery of his fire starter abilities did not come into full affect until his 16th birthday when he conjured his first flames without any other aid other than that of the power of his mind.  By the time he was 24 Jared had saved enough money to buy a small log cabin where he continued to work on his craft.  He first came in contact with the coven at the age of 26.  Now three years later he was a full fledged member.       
Relationships: None yet

Name: Milisent Du'Bose
Sect: Solitary practitioner until she finds the coven
Orientation: Bi sexual although her interests lean more towards women.
Hair:  Red long hair
Eyes: Blueish grey
Height: 5'3"
Appearance:
Abilities: Healing: using a technique she calls bubble magic.  Where she forms a palm sized energy ball in her hand then layers this energy ball according to what kind of her healing her patients need.  Even to the extent that with each layer there can be find multiple time released energy bubbles which have the capabilities for healing in what ever manner she so chooses.  Her healing magic is only truly limited by whether or not it is actually her patients time to leave this earth or  if her patient needs to have what ever ales him/her in order to learn what ever life's lessons he or she needs to learn before passing on to the next life.  Milisent's second ability is being able to keep one foot firmly planted in the physical realm with her other foot being planted firmly in the astral realm where she communes with the wee folk of all shapes sizes and types.  More often than not utilizing the Fey's knowledge and powers of healing to her advantage.   
Personality:  Milisent or Mili as she most often prefers to be called is a true people person with a true love and concern for those who fall into her care.  Not one to easily give her trust but if you win her trust you have won a true friend for life.   
History: From a very young age Milisent had been gifted with the capability to see what anyone needed to be healed of what ever ailed them.  Which led to her interest in nursing.  In another day and age she would have striven to become a full fledged doctor but times being the way they were she settled for the one avenue which was  open to her.  Milisent had grown up in an upper middle class family and her parents had seen to it that she had received the best education that money could possibly buy at the time which she took full advantage of.   Mili had once been married to a man who abused her on both a physical and mental level far beyond that which might have been considered normal for the time she lived in.  In part because of this abuse Mili developed a strong interest in women which was coupled by the fact she actually found them far more physically attractive than men. 
Relationships: None

My notes are as follows: 
Jared:  Explain what communicating with the dead means to you. 

Milli:  The bubble magic, would that be similar to a concentrated version of reiki?

Nim

Re: Notes

Jared: Jared can both see and speak to the spirits of the departed.  It is a talent which is limited by the strength of character and personality those individual's held in life.  Some particularly family members or close friends usually come through fairly strong.  Others whom he did not know usually only came as faint outlines and soft whisperings but there are always the few exceptions to the rule where even perfect strangers to him could make a strong appearance.

Milisent:  I never really thought of it in those terms before but yes I think it would be fair enough to say it would be similar to a concentrated version of reiki.  It's a practice I've actually been working with for the last nine years with various grades of success and failure. 

RainbowRian

Well they have my approval just need Cleo's.

Nim

Thank you RainbowRain.

I'm looking forward to the start of the game.  Looking over the cast of characters we seem to have a very interesting group coming together to make up the Coven.

Cleo4u2

I'm going to say that after this we cannot accept any more people with a healer type profession. A midwife type, a doctor, and a nurse in a small time is already pushing things, in my opinion. That being said, I think both of your characters look great, Nim.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

RainbowRian

Me too we just need a few more people :) 

And I agree with Cleo about the doctor profession.  Im hoping that we can keep things mixed up and it be awesomeness

Nim

Thank you Cleo.   ;D

I was actually kind of wary about putting up another healer type but Milisent refused to be anything else.  LOLz

lenka

great line up of characters so far.

RainbowRian

CurvyKitten

I have had trouble getting to a computer so I haven't been able to post. I will try for that sheet again today. RL never wants to listen to my plans. LOL

curvy

CurvyKitten

Name: Gloria Angéle de la Barthe
Occupation: Works in the front of her fathers shop, her father owns and runs the general store and the Blacksmith
Sect: Independent
Orientation: striaght with bi curiosity
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Height: 5'1''
Appearance:

Abilities:
Premonitions Gloria  gets visions from things, people, places, sometimes fate simply drops one her way.

Freezing time, at the moment her ability reacts more on instinct and only works for shot moments in time. Enough to change one moment. Perhaps as she learns to control her powers they will work more in her favor. 

Personality: Gloria is most certainly someone that is known around the village, not just for her well off and large family. But for the energy she gives off. She is known to get along with most anyone. And always seems to have a infectious laugh and warming smile. Known for being a bit of a tomboy, but who could blame her with 7 older brothers to deal with. One would think she would be spoiled being the only baby girl of such a large family. But know she seems to have a very caring heart and open mind. As well as an adventurous and curious spirit.

History: Gloria was born to a family that already had 7 boys. The next boy up barely a year older then she was. Her father prosperous man owning the general store, the smithy and several acres of farm land. The whole family working together hard to keep it all running smoothly. The young girl was certainly a surprise to everyone, though a happy one all the same. Her older brothers had someone knew to look after and tease, and her mother finally got that little girl she had been wanting. And as always her father was just proud of his family.

Though with all that they had the family had a secret which they wanted to always remain hidden. Within their family line there always seemed to be a power. Some could connect with it as easily as touching flowing water, and others couldn't even sense it. But there was no doubt that Gloria was indeed connected to this power. Always seeming to know things were going to happen before they did. And somehow at some point gaining a other ability. Her brothers also showed signs of powers. But no matter what happened or what skill they gained. The family made it a point to keep it hidden from the world around them. Their position granting them a bit of sway with the community along with a free pass when it came to most suppositions.

Gloria helps out with different tasks around the store and farm. Her brothers were the ones that did most of the heavy lifting. Though she doesn't seem to back down from any task set before her. Even taming a wild horse once, a horse she still rides today. Gloria certainly is a unique woman within a very unique town.

Relationships: If you want to work out any links let me know. I am all for rp goodness. :) And if anyone wants to Play one of her brothers let me know I'm more then open to it.

Name: Elena Maxine Avery
Occupation: Nature guide, trail guide, and local green thumb helping the farmers with their land
Orientation: striaght
Hair: Black
Eyes: Warm brown
Height: 5' 6''
Appearance:

Earth manipulation, Elena has the able to animate and control plant life. Controlling plants, causing them to grow or wither, and change their properties, ability to read or feel what is wrong with a plant. She uses that skill to help the local farmers work their lands to the best of their abilities.

Personality : Elena is known as a helpful and elegant woman. Not much is known about her past before Elena arrived into town. Saying her husband died and she couldn't bare to be where she had lived before. Seen as a strong and slightly willful woman by some of the men. They would have her hidden away in her garden, when she would rather be up front and seen earning her own living. It seems Elena is certainly a woman of means and of change.
History: Elena was married off early, her father only really seeing her as a means to a bit of coin. Her mother having died when she was little. It seemed the old man never got over it, and partly blamed the young woman for his wife’s passing. Her father was an angry man but it wasn't till she was sold off to the towns butcher did she know true abuse.

Nicolas would take every bit of his rage out on her smaller form. Used her body as he pleased, after all when you belonged to a man you had no say in what happened. It was only when her powers came into full bloom did she get away from him. Heart attack they said, and she was ever the grieving widow. Taking what he left her and leaving the town she had original grown up in behind.

Arriving in Salem years later she finally saw to settled down. Her powers well under control now, she set up shop. Finding there was a great deal of people not to mention healers that seemed to need supplies. Not to mention the poor farming land that seemed to be plaguing the town’s people. Helping the people around her set up homes and get thriving farms going she has earned a bit of respect in the town. None would ever suspect the secrets she hides, or the power she holds

Relationships: Again if anyone wants any links let me know. :)

Nim

Oh my lookie at the new lovely witches who have come out to play... Poor Jared so many pretty faces to choose from... of course there's always Milisent too.  ~grins~

RainbowRian

Quote from: CurvyKitten on March 24, 2013, 09:32:14 PM

Name: Gloria Angéle de la Barthe
Occupation: Works in the front of her fathers shop, her father owns and runs the general store and the Blacksmith
Sect: Independent
Orientation: striaght with bi curiosity
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Height: 5'1''
Appearance:

Abilities:
Premonitions Gloria  gets visions from things, people, places, sometimes fate simply drops one her way.

Freezing time, at the moment her ability reacts more on instinct and only works for shot moments in time. Enough to change one moment. Perhaps as she learns to control her powers they will work more in her favor. 

Personality: Gloria is most certainly someone that is known around the village, not just for her well off and large family. But for the energy she gives off. She is known to get along with most anyone. And always seems to have a infectious laugh and warming smile. Known for being a bit of a tomboy, but who could blame her with 7 older brothers to deal with. One would think she would be spoiled being the only baby girl of such a large family. But know she seems to have a very caring heart and open mind. As well as an adventurous and curious spirit.

History: Gloria was born to a family that already had 7 boys. The next boy up barely a year older then she was. Her father prosperous man owning the general store, the smithy and several acres of farm land. The whole family working together hard to keep it all running smoothly. The young girl was certainly a surprise to everyone, though a happy one all the same. Her older brothers had someone knew to look after and tease, and her mother finally got that little girl she had been wanting. And as always her father was just proud of his family.

Though with all that they had the family had a secret which they wanted to always remain hidden. Within their family line there always seemed to be a power. Some could connect with it as easily as touching flowing water, and others couldn't even sense it. But there was no doubt that Gloria was indeed connected to this power. Always seeming to know things were going to happen before they did. And somehow at some point gaining a other ability. Her brothers also showed signs of powers. But no matter what happened or what skill they gained. The family made it a point to keep it hidden from the world around them. Their position granting them a bit of sway with the community along with a free pass when it came to most suppositions.

Gloria helps out with different tasks around the store and farm. Her brothers were the ones that did most of the heavy lifting. Though she doesn't seem to back down from any task set before her. Even taming a wild horse once, a horse she still rides today. Gloria certainly is a unique woman within a very unique town.

Relationships: If you want to work out any links let me know. I am all for rp goodness. :) And if anyone wants to Play one of her brothers let me know I'm more then open to it.

Name: Elena Maxine Avery
Occupation: Aypthocary and local green thumb helping the farmers with their land
Orientation: striaght
Hair: Black
Eyes: Warm brown
Height: 5' 6''
Appearance:

Earth manipulation, Elena has the able to animate and control plant life. Controlling plants, causing them to grow or wither, and change their properties, ability to read or feel what is wrong with a plant. She uses that skill to help the local farmers work their lands to the best of their abilities.

Personality : Elena is known as a helpful and elegant woman. Not much is known about her past before Elena arrived into town. Saying her husband died and she couldn't bare to be where she had lived before. Seen as a strong and slightly willful woman by some of the men. They would have her hidden away in her garden, when she would rather be up front and seen earning her own living. It seems Elena is certainly a woman of means and of change.
History: Elena was married off early, her father only really seeing her as a means to a bit of coin. Her mother having died when she was little. It seemed the old man never got over it, and partly blamed the young woman for his wife’s passing. Her father was an angry man but it wasn't till she was sold off to the towns butcher did she know true abuse.

Nicolas would take every bit of his rage out on her smaller form. Used her body as he pleased, after all when you belonged to a man you had no say in what happened. It was only when her powers came into full bloom did she get away from him. Heart attack they said, and she was ever the grieving widow. Taking what he left her and leaving the town she had original grown up in behind.

Arriving in Salem years later she finally saw to settled down. Her powers well under control now, she set up shop. Finding there was a great deal of people not to mention healers that seemed to need supplies. Not to mention the poor farming land that seemed to be plaguing the town’s people. Helping the people around her set up homes and get thriving farms going she has earned a bit of respect in the town. None would ever suspect the secrets she hides, or the power she holds

Relationships: Again if anyone wants any links let me know. :)

My notes are as follows:  Gloria looks good as far as I can see.

Elena: We already have an herbalist, and it was mentioned having an herbalist is like an Apothecary,  So if you could please try to find a different profession even if it has nothing to do with your power that is fine.  Its a small town and we don't see there having two herbal people.    Again I wasn't aware at the time when you and I were chatting about it.  Now if you and the herbalist character want to work something out to where you have history and help one another that is fine just let us know.  Everything else looks great though.  I like the damaged flower aspect of her history.

Cleo4u2

I was thinking a witch with growing powers would make an incredible asset on a farm, myself.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

Nim

~Peeks in~  Is this game still a go or is it simmering on the  back burners?

RainbowRian

It is still a go we are just hoping for another player or two.

Nim

~Nods~  I'll do some asking around tomorrow when my regular writing partners are on and see if any of them are interested in joining.

RainbowRian

Alrighty roo. :)  I will talk to Cleo and see if we have enough characters in general to get a character thread put up

Nim

Coolies... maybe even put a word in for an OOC where we can all start to really put some plots together.  ~Pretty please with sugar on top~

RainbowRian

I will see what we can do.  I just don't want to put alot of time and effort in it to have it fizzle out like some old Rps.

Nim

~Nods~ that's understandable.  I've had enough games fizzle out on me to know where your coming from on that one.

RainbowRian

Well.  You know :)  I want to get a good game a going.  I think Im a pretty good GM but idk ~Shrug~ I try