You know you are over 40 if...

Started by Captain Maltese, May 10, 2011, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaintedAndDelish

Your teacher made "dittos" with a hand cranked cylinder and some shit that smelled like paint thinner. The original of course, hade to be written in ink.

elone

You had to write with a fountain pen, there were no ballpoints.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

TaintedAndDelish

If you remember teaches spanking kid in front of the class and not thinking that there was anything wrong with that.

Prefect Mos

Im 11 years younger than the supposed... your 40.. point.... yet most of these are true for me as well... damn you old folks for making me feel old too!

Autumn52

Well Perfect Mos it is strange that you have the same experiences as the over 40 club. Maybe you are just older than your age. You know an old soul.

You know you are over fourty if your first date was a drive in movie
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Prefect Mos

DAMNIT .... Maybe growing up in Montana is a part of this .....  wait no.. that wasnt my first date... I couldnt drive for my first date... woot...

TaintedAndDelish

You know you are old over 40 if you remember solid gold and american bandstand

Autumn52

*Gives Taint a mean look*

Using that word in this thread is dangerous. No one that is over forty is that word, we are seasoned, experience, wise, and so forth and so on.

You know you are over forty if when you use to check books out at the library they had little cards that you signed your name to and the librarian filed until you returned the book.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

TaintedAndDelish

Yep, I remember that...

You might be *cough* sexy and seasoned *cough* if you remember seeing britany spears when she first performed on star search and thought she was an annoying little kid.

Autumn52

You might be over fourty if you remember the Mickey Mouse Club, the orginal with Annette Funicello.

Prefect Mos

(Blatant flirting with Xandi to follow)

You might just be over 40 if you really know whats going on in the sack, and are comfortable enough with your body to truly communicate your needs and desires.

TaintedAndDelish

If you remember watching Valerie Bertinelli in "one day at a time".

Autumn52

Quote from: Prefect Mos on June 01, 2011, 11:20:36 PM
(Blatant flirting with Xandi to follow)

You might just be over 40 if you really know whats going on in the sack, and are comfortable enough with your body to truly communicate your needs and desires.

(Prefect Mos just made my mood ring just turned Dark blue: Happy, romantic or passionate)
You know you are over 40 if you remember mood rings and lava lamps.

Prefect Mos

Looks at lava lamp on desk... and thinks about mood ring in my highschool crap... DAMNIT

TaintedAndDelish

You remember with afros and sideburns were in .. and no, I, not talking about 10 or 20 years ago.

You watched "the white shadow" and "welcome back kotter"

If you remember when refering to an african-american person as "black" was considered offensive, and "colored" was considered polite ( no offence intedded, its just funny how this changed .. there could also be some locale-specific differences...this is just how it was where I grew up )

Captain Maltese

If Mikhail Gorbachev was a hero to you.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Autumn52

You were already an adult when the Berlin wall came down

Prefect Mos

Fine... ill Join as an honorary 40+er.. even if i dont qualify for another 11 years... If only it will allow me to flirt with the cougar Xandi some more..

If you rember when Movies made the rounds.. and you had to wait for a movie to get to your home town to watch it.

Captain Maltese

If you have ever RENTED a vhs player.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Autumn52

*Smiles*

If you thought the flying nun series was exceptional TV viewing.

Prefect Mos

If you've ever used a Film camera, that had exactly zero electrical parts . Hell if you think Film camera refers to 16 or 8mm not the 35mm still camera.

Captain Maltese

If you have ever owned and worn a black leather tie.... or a red 'knitted' one.

Autumn52

You loved watching McMillian and Wife. (with Roc Hudson)

Prefect Mos

If you know why Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd getting some ruined a perfectly good show.

Captain Maltese

If the first tv show you can remember featured a bear called Colargol and his suitcase that could transform into everything from a car to a plane.