You know you are over 40 if...

Started by Captain Maltese, May 10, 2011, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

You remember when you could drink and drive.
Your first computer used tapes for storeage.
You remember when bell bottoms and mullets were cool.
..sequels were in books not movies (aside from James Bond that is)

Captain Maltese

If you thought M.A.S.H. 4077 was highly advanced storytelling and loved the characters to bits and pieces and saw every episode you could, even the third time the series went on tv. Although you wondered if there ever was going to be a shot fired and how they could come up with a character as unreal as Corporal Klinger.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

despickable

there were aerials on a house roof rather than satellite dishes.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Captain Maltese

If going to sea as a civil career choice ever occured to you, even briefly.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Autumn52

If you remember when JFK was shot?
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Captain Maltese

If you ever traded soccer cards and stamps.

Sylk

you watched Warner Brothers cartoons unedited/cut in full and found them hilarious, growing up unscathed by their 'violence'.

(PS:  Captain; depends on where you live. I know someone or several someone's rather like Klinger. While very odd and extremely funny, they are really rather terrific people.  It's possible.  Draw from real life.... it makes for the best writing.)

Sylk
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Captain Maltese

(Trust me, there were noone like Klinger in my world where I grew up. A man in a woman's clothes? As outrageous a sight as a man in a suit on a weekday...)

Remembering Top 40 groups and artists noone else seem to. Hermans Hermits, anyone? Harry Bellafonte? Falco?

despickable

Quote from: Captain Maltese on May 29, 2011, 02:28:55 PM

Remembering Top 40 groups and artists noone else seem to. Hermans Hermits, anyone? Harry Bellafonte? Falco?

The Bay City Rollers Slade, The Partidge Family The Monkees I am a sad geezer I know

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Captain Maltese

Monkees were fun. Hard to think that Rolling Stones became popular at the same time as them.

Captain Maltese

If you remember how everybody always were chewing gum, or at least had some on them.

Autumn52

If you remember being allowed to sleep with gum in your mouth. Yes I was and I also had a haircut on account of that once and never did it again.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

derek

If you remember seeing the original Rolling Stones' members on Ed Sullivan  :-[

elone

If you bought Stones albums for a few dollars.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Captain Maltese

If you remember seeing betamax videos in the video store.

Prefect Mos

(ok guys.. im 29... and im guilty of over half this... )

TaintedAndDelish

You remember watching the carol burnette show and thinking she was hot?

You remember hearing "the girl from ipanema" on the radio?

You watched benny hill?

elone

Benny Hill, yes. How about Monty Python as well.

Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

TaintedAndDelish

Never liked monty python or doctor who.

You saw starwars in the theatre when it first came out (sp?)

elone

You had a party line on your telephone.

Poetry
O/O's

Autumn52

You saw ET at the Theater when it came out

TaintedAndDelish

You remember when the models on the price is right were in their 20's

elone

You saw The Exorcist when it came out.
or Lawrence of Arabia

Poetry
O/O's

Autumn52

you watched Captain Kangaroo instead of Mr. Rogers as a kid

elone

If you remember that condoms were called rubbers. and they kept them out of sight behind the counter.

Poetry
O/O's