You know you are over 40 if...

Started by Captain Maltese, May 10, 2011, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

...you remember when the Russian Army fought the Afghan guerillas, and the Russians were considered the bad guys...

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

elone

You had to use a slide rule in college. ( do they even exist today)
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Captain Maltese

some of the gear you had during your army service still had ww2 dates on it. And in a few cases, german markings...

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Kuroneko

You watched H.R. Pufnstuf, The Banana Splits, The Bugaloos and Johnny Quest on saturday mornings.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Captain Maltese

...you not only never had a biker helmet as a kid, you never saw anyone else with a biker helmet then either.

Kuroneko

... your parents could spank you and it wasn't a criminal offense.

Captain Maltese

You dreamed of one day owning a multivolume encyclopedia.

Kuroneko

... you remember drinkning Fresca before it was only a diet soda.

derek

if you saw the beatles on the Ed Sullivan show LIVE

despickable

You could play on the street and walk about without a issues because your neighbours would keep an eye out for you and get you home if need be.

Video recorders were the latest whizz bang gadget and so modern.

You never though they could top the special effect of The Terminator movies.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

gillamswingz

You sported a Member's Only jacket without the slightest hint of irony while tipping back a New Coke.

derek

Autumn52

If you were a young girl fantasizing about Elvis even though he was older and wore those awful jumpsuits.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

derek

If folk music and folk rock were your thing

derek

if you remember when a gallon of gas and a pack of cigarettes where roughly the same price...........35 cents

Captain Maltese

If there were no safety straps in the backseat of your dad's car.  You know, where the kids were sitting.

Autumn52

If you remember when it was not a law to have children in safety seats.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

despickable

When you could take you date to a drive in

A six pack was six cans of beer not something you work out for.

You had to get off your couch to turn of/on the Television

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Kuroneko

Captain Maltese

If you remember looking at Windows 1.0 and thinking what the hell, they stole Macintosh's graphic interface?

Captain Maltese

If you remember how the adults who didn't smoke, were exceptions.

Autumn52

Captain Maltese

If you'd sit late at night as a kid with some ancient radio and fiddle with the knots to listen to radio programs in languages you didn't understand.... sometimes there'd even be music!

Sweet Trouble

~ if your family had eight track tapes

~ if your first pay phone call cost a dime

~ if you went to the Saturday Kiddie Cinema for $2.25 and that included your ticket, popcorn, a soda, and a hotdog

~ if your family's first cable box had an A/B switch

~ if you watched Fraggle Rock from the first to last episode the first time it was on

elone

If your skateboard was a pair of metal skates that strap on your shoes nailed to a 2 x 4. (we invented that in California)

If you know what a skate key is.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's