Do You Name Things?

Started by Xenolord, May 03, 2012, 12:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolord

Inanimate things. Lemme explain.

So, I got a new bicycle beginning of the week. I've been on a health kick (Being mildly overweight my whole life, I decided last November to change things) recently, so I thought "Ya know, I don't live too far from where I work. If I bike to work every day, I can get some good excercise." So, I go to Wal-Mart to buy a bike, and find a nice 100 dollar job. So, I buy it and love it. She's a nice black and orange, so I name her Charlotte after Charlotte from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

What I suppose the point of this post is, am I the only one who names inanimate objects? If not, what things do you have named, and why? What significance do they have?

Also, I named my Lappy Erizen after my WoW Warrior (Before I quit), because my computer, like Erizen, was never the best for what I wanted her for, but she worked.

Grainne

Be the change you wish to see.
------------------------------------------------

Beguile's Mistress

It's not something I do myself but I know others who do that and never really thought twice about it.  Someone here at work named the paper shredder Crunch Bird.

Timeless

I am certain some people actually would give names to inanimate objects. Like in one of my hobbies, I do actually give names to some what I had collect and own.. But then again, it's really normal for that hobby, in a sense.

I also do name my car and name it 'Kuro' and refer it as 'her'.

Kazuume

my car is "Baby" or my "The Beast" depending on how much $$ I got to put into it
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly ... very slowly."
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@
     ~Kill me slowly, so through the pain, I will know I have lived.~

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences
Stalled out stories: Dragon Familiar ~ Loki

Mordred

Heh.. the first pc I built.. I called.. "The Beast". Ohhhh, it was. That thing was a monster. Not by todays standards.. but back then.. mmm.. it almost turned me on, how cool that thing was. So to speak. :Þ
*See Pillory*

shooter6806

Only if I don't like them.  Then they get called names like "dammit" and "you suck" and "you're trash."
Youth, exuberance, and enthusiasm are no match for age, experience, and treachery.

Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms.  Should be a convenience store, not a federal agency.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Mordred

Heh.. Shooter, you remind me. I refer to myself as "Idiot!".. at least once per day. Usually quite a bit more.
*See Pillory*

Kazuume

But you're not inanimate Mordred. lol

My car gets me hot.....is that weird?  :-[ But it is hella sexy.

I called the trash can buttmunch today because it rolled down the street.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly ... very slowly."
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@
     ~Kill me slowly, so through the pain, I will know I have lived.~

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences
Stalled out stories: Dragon Familiar ~ Loki

Jassara Sunn

My phone name is Re-Re........... -_- And I believe that's why it doesn't work, it doesn't like its pet name.

Mordred

Quote from: Kazuume on May 03, 2012, 09:12:45 PM
But you're not inanimate Mordred. lol

Ohhh yeah.. dead things still count as animated objects. What about when I take extended leave underground? Huh? What then, lovely Kaz? :Þ
*See Pillory*

Ephemera

My car is named "Lilith". My tablet is named "Madelyne".  My phone is named "Emma."  and my laptop is named "Scarlet". 
“I bleed myself to be your drink:  Is not the blood of poets—ink?”   ―William Soutar
My Ink Blood Spilled | Who I Am | Where I Am (A/A) | Intro | Avi Source
My Poly/Kink/Random Blogs | My Drawer | My Concupiscence (O/O)
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Nin  Working on: Ink Blood Spilled

Sasquatch421

My Ram is called Bertha at the moment because she is big and not that pretty....

Lady Inara

Totally do!

My car is "Izzy" and my motorcycle "Zoë" :)

QuirkyFelicity

I name my electronics. My laptop is Clarice and my desktop is Wulfric. (I don't know. My desktop just gives off a Wulfric vibe.)
Looking for a Dance Partner: O/O
My Café Corner: come visit

“You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is that we notice when we're doing it.” -Neil Gaiman