A Rogue's Fortune (Recruiting Now)

Started by Black Howling, March 21, 2014, 09:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

A Rogue's Fortune is an established Big Group in Elliquiy's Extreme section. After a fairly massive reset following something of a disaster in the setting, we're looking for some new blood to help spice things up. The basics of the game are Snadbox, however we also hold special events and have the occasional GM run game wide plot. Players are equally encouraged to make their own plots to involve other members. We even have a sticky topic devoted to such things. Still interested? Then please, read up on some of the info posted below that helps to better describe the game world and it's associated realms. Or,  check out our Beginners Guide where most of the info below was copied from.

Rogue Proper: Main Realm
A Rogue's Fortune is a wonderful modern day fantasy that allows your imagination to run free. Over 3,000 years ago an elven king and queen built a castle, so that their eldest daughter, who was betrothed to an elf not much older than her could rule a land that allowed all creatures. A land that no matter who or what you were, you could come, be accepted and live in peace. Just over 2,800 years ago the lord and lady of Rogue's married, and they have since built a community for every creature that you can imagine. The land started with just the castle and grew from there. Now there are over 2,000 creatures of all types living together in what is for the most part peace and harmony. However, like any good town, there are dark shadows that linger. Villains of sorts that come out of the wood work. The land continues to grow as new and interesting creatures join the ranks. Families are formed, bonds of all sorts are made, jobs are filled, homes are lived in, dragons fly free, nymphs hide among the trees, and many more creatures, ruled over by elves, and protected by the most loyal of creatures... The werewolves.

This land is connected to the mortal realm through three "portals" the first is a night club called Velvet Mist that has over 3,000 connections through magic to the outside world, the second is Rogue's Inn, and the third is the academy. In these three places normal mortals who have no knowledge of our world can be found. As they leave these establishments, to go to the outside world, their minds are wiping clean of any knowledge of us, this way all the creatures can still be themselves and there's no worry of us being found out. The magic that cleans the minds of these mortals is powerful, and does not clear all minds of our memory. They can always return, and once they enter Rogue's it is quite difficult for them to leave again.

In current day, a massive attack from the Dark elves has left the land torn asunder.  They have spent time renovating, rebuilding, and reorganizing forces, security, and businesses.  Lord Talon Shalbarain is the Lord Rogue of the land.  His new bride was killed in the assault.  The land is still healing and hopefully it will survive for the better.

Ice Rogue: Associated Realm
Ice Rogue's is a kingdom of snow and ice. Once a part of Rogue's it's self it was cast out by the ruler of Rogue's when a nasty ice witch claimed it as her own and turned it into a winter wonderland. A small band of creatures that travel together, known as The Hidden Tribe wish to free the land, removing the curse and living in peace. On the night of Winter Solstice the leaders of The Hidden Tribe came across a portal that lead them back to Rogue's, being the only two not captured by the ice witch, or turned to crystal by her mage they were lucky to come across a land filled with creatures that may very well help them in the completing of their task. The freeing of the royals, of the land, and of their friends.  This land has been conquered by the Hidden Tribes and no longer does the Ice Witch Queen live.  The land is closed to new characters but we do allow various adventures to happen within its bounds.

Nightmare Rogue: Associated Realm
The Land of Nightmares is referred to by those who reside in it as Nalerius. Named after Melficio Nalificarum himself. Nalerius itself borders on a perpetual darkness. Sixteen hours of the day, it's night. And when the sun does rise, it seems covered by a sheen of clouds. Always a twilight, never is the sun seen in it's full glory. The world is always a sheen of blackish grey due to this. Even bright buildings seem dulled under the bleakness that a lack of sunlight provides. Fitting for a realm so low.

A few portals to Nalerius do exist. They are by no means easy to find, yet the land has survived so long for a reason. Completely cut off from the land of Ara and Eren, but not from the realm of mortals. Nor from the bleak depths of hell, or the mistaken heights of heaven. Occasionally one does come to this land anew. Yet once you check in, it's said you can never leave. And in so long that it's stood, this has proven very true. The Realm itself seems to continually expand of it's own accord. Many have their theories regarding the Demi Plane, but the most popular is The secret Power of the The Lord.

It's said that when Melfic first fell from his realm, that he captured a piece of his would be assailants soul. And with that shard, he melded it with others. It's said that inside Nightmare Castle, at it's depths, those shards mingle into what is only called The Void. It's said this pool of nothing empowers the land. Strengthening it, expanding it; and slowly driving it more mad each day. Whatever the reason, this world continually expands. And with that expansion more tend to fall through the cracks of reality to end up here.

Tech Rogue: Associated Realm
Tech Rogues is a parallel to Rogues, where magic doesn't exist. In it's place, Technology has advanced to futuristic level.. This had occurred thanks to the ruling counsel, a trio of technomancers and their creation, a supercomputer named "EDEN." The four of them have worked to eliminate crime and waste in their world, making it a near perfect society. EDEN is wired into every piece of technology in the realm, and through this they are able to control their world.

All are welcome with in the walls of the city. However, everyone is taken to the temple and given a choice. They either accept a free upgrade that allows the person access to Guardian, or they are exiled. This PAN (personal access network) connects wirelessly to everything, and constantly broadcast the persons RFIM (radio frequency identification marker). It connects to a wireless network that allows anyone to access any information they need, as well as connects to stores, allowing instant browsing of stock.

Each associated Realm in one way or another ties back to the main realm, but also exists as a world all of it's own. The Submissions threads for the two that are still open for new characters explain that in greater detail. These are easily noticed as Sticky Topics on the Board, and is where new character submissions should go. Any of the GM's for the game can be contacted for any questions you may have. They may also be posted here in this topic. We never mind questions, and promise we don't bite. Well, not if you don't want us to. ;)

GMs: ladyelizabeth, Black Howling, Lynnie, Lady Lunarius and Bloodied Porcelain

Black Howling

Lady Lunarius

*Sneaks in and waits for new victims...er...players*
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Tsunami

I wouldn't mind  playing of  you  will have  me.
To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Tsunami on March 21, 2014, 10:04:18 AM

Please feel free to check out the Beginner's Guide and if you have any questions regarding character creation our PM's are always open. <3
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Lynnie

Quote from: Tsunami on March 21, 2014, 10:04:18 AM

Would love to have you! Any questions please dont hestitate to ask!