News:

Main Menu

Let's Plays

Started by The Emperor Zelos, July 14, 2013, 11:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

I don't know if you count things like this, but the little Oni was very fond of the works of mariomario54321.  Those are usually less of a 'Let's Play' and more like someone adding 'artistic verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative.'  (Lit-geek points if you get the reference!)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

NinjaWeazel

"I can’t help it. I was born sneering."

Possibly one of my favorite lines out of anything I have ever read.

Also, back to the original topic at hand, I love LPs.  lparchive is definitely my guilty pleasure, plus the occasional video LP I stumble across when I'm looking through youtube.  I will watch anything and everything TheDarkId has put his hands to.  But of course, I would be remiss if I didn't give props to the very first LP I ever watched and possibly the best LP ever.

Oniya

Quote from: NinjaWeazel on July 16, 2013, 03:19:47 PM
"I can’t help it. I was born sneering."

Possibly one of my favorite lines out of anything I have ever read.

Achievement Get!  Lit-Geek!

[/hijack]
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

NinjaWeazel

One does ones occasionally-less-than-humble best.

Mathim

I like using those for games I've never been able to play or can't currently afford to play or will never have time to play. Lollipop Chainsaw was pretty neat, and a few others from the days before games were on discs.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Music is life

I love watching LPs if they have anything funny or informative to say. I hate it when there are people who are completely silent for the entire time they play, it's just so boring to watch then and it kinda defeats the purpose of a lets play, ya know what I'm saying?

Sabby

I adore Two Best Friends Play, Game Grumps and Continue?. I'm even wearing my Game Grumps shirt right now xD It's TENOUTTATEN Though I do watch a half dozen others from time to time.

...I used to watch Pewdiepie... >.> Hey, we all done things we're not proud of, right?

SakamotoHD

Quote from: Sabby on July 16, 2013, 06:42:44 PM
...I used to watch Pewdiepie... >.> Hey, we all done things we're not proud of, right?

*Stares forever* The words cannot match my shame for saying I watched one or two of his things..

I wanted to strangle him.

Day9Tv and Two best friends are pretty much my most frequently watched stuff though. If I could ever love a man intimately and without reserve, it'd be Sean Plott. My buddy wants Nick Plott.

Sabby

He used to be kind of funny Dx then he realized his ad revenue came from trying to devour the webcam while making silly voices.

Music is life

I like Chuggaconroy because of his stupid puns. xD

Sel Nar

Joudas is a low-key LPer who doesn't have a vast library of work, but his LP of Bastion lets the game talk for him; He does 100% of the game, and Logan Cunningham's soothing narration as Rucks, the Mancer makes it allllll good.

Sabby

Ohh, EatMyDiction1 is another good one. He and SeaNanners are responsible for those awesome Hidden videos.

HUNTED BY MORGAN FREEMAN (The Hidden)

Koren

SEANANNERS! NEVER TRUST NANNERS!   XD

Haha, everyone should watch some of the Morbus stuff that he did, its great fun because he just tricks everyone constantly

And pewdiepie I can forgive, but I swear, DSPgaming is just.... I honestly find him a moron. He cant figure out games for the life of him.

Sabby

Quote from: Koren on July 17, 2013, 10:04:30 AM
SEANANNERS! NEVER TRUST NANNERS!   XD

He helps me a lot when I'm sad xD his laugh is just so infectious.

Koren

Quote from: Sabby on July 17, 2013, 10:50:02 AM
He helps me a lot when I'm sad xD his laugh is just so infectious.

Its even better when he's on face cam. Watching him laugh and hearing it is just great. He laughs so much at times he almost falls off his chair XD

This one is great:
HIDING FROM HUTCH (Garry's Mod Prop Hunt)

Rhedyn

I love watching Let's Plays, I find them really entertaining and usually put them on when I'm working.

Currently I'm watching SplitableInfinitive's blind run of Final Fantasy IX which I haven't played in years but had a real craving for. Let's Plays are great for me to experience games I don't have the time to play or money to buy and to re-experience those games I love but no longer have access too. I also enjoy watching them for games I do play such as Minecraft and more recently Cube World as I get used to the game myself.

Oniya

I've really been enjoying CaptainSparklez LP of 'SkyDen'.  Possibly because it reminds me of how much MC I actually know, when I can yell at the screen 'You should do it this way!'  Also, his conversations with the NPCs are funny.  He seems to remember that kids watch his channel, so he 'earmuffs' places where many people would be cussing a blue-streak.

Rhedyn

Quote from: Oniya on August 18, 2013, 12:05:38 PM
He seems to remember that kids watch his channel, so he 'earmuffs' places where many people would be cussing a blue-streak.

This is a big plus for me as my kids are often around and my eldest enjoys watching minecraft Let's Plays as well. It's always a good thing when I can find some videos where the swears are at a minimum to non-existent but the person is interesting and entertaining.

Oniya

The worst I've heard out of his mouth is 'frickin', 'darn it' and some inarticulate 'Grrrr's.  (I think it's kind of cute on his part, myself.)

alextaylor

I don't really 'watch' them. But I like the ones where you have these tactical RPGs and stuff which are too tedious to play alone and name the characters after yourselves and laugh at who doesn't survive. Dwarf Fortress and XCom are favorites to watch.
O/O