Tick's Long Term Story Requests

Started by Tick, July 10, 2014, 09:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tick

Greetings,

After  few year hiatus I have decided to try to salvage this ugly list of ideas into something people can use to bounce ideas that I would easily like off me. One of these days I will figure out how to make this look pretty but apparently today is not that day.

Most of these ideas are old and need some touch ups, but the gist is there. I will be of course adding a few as time passes after my return.

Immortals
(Mixed up the name of this one with another previously... editted.
Genre: Modern Fantasy
Pairing: MxF, the world is pretty detailed so if a different character is discussed for me, I might do FxF for this one if we discuss a plot off the original idea in the same world. The God Killer will always be male in this world for my sanity.
World/Setting: Sandbox world where the time period is modern or near future(within ten years). In this world, most forms of magic exist, wiccan, blood magic, alchemy, Chi, Holy powers, and so forth. Most monsters are real. The one exception are gods. All entities that call themselves gods are really only mages or supernatural creatures who have hit a certain level. Gods go in and out of power due to a variety of reasons. The one group that have been around for over two thousand years are the Immortals, of which there are Seven, The Dragon, the Ancient, the Architect, The Librarian, The Beast, The God Killer and The Devil. These Seven usually stick to themselves though the world is kept on a very uneasy balance as essentially the seven are kept at a nuclear stalemate. While the majority of the world is not aware they exist, the supernatural world treats them mostly as legend and as a group of entities beyond contention. Many even worship them as a force of nature.
Plot: The Immortals all have existed with their own desires and goals for several thousand years, each specializing in their own form of magic and having their own goals. The one who keeps them truly in line, along with the majority of the supernatural world, is the God Killer. While considered by the other Immortals to be the weakest of the Seven, he makes up for it by being incredibly intelligent and having more battle experience than any of them. What really keeps them in line however, is despite the fact he was dramatically weaker then the Devil, he managed to seal one of the Immortals away.

This has kept most of them in line and kept the world from devolving into a true World War and society from burning to the ground. Should any faction, be it vampires, the Church(Note: The church involved in this story is going to be replacing the Roman Catholic. As to not offend anyone, for the sake of the plot, the Church is going to be an entirely separate religion with certain similarities but drastic differences as well.), dark mages, white mages, whatever faction it may be, try to take supreme control over any area or uninvolved parties(people not involved in the supernatural), they would be immediately stopped and often times wiped out. This allowed science and other areas of the world to grow without much hindrance. Many governments are aware of the supernatural world but have limited involvement, usually their own small specialized police forces meant to deal with them.

The end result is that humanity is not yet able to deal with another rise of the Greek Gods or a new pantheon. Thus the God Killer cannot rest, but he has found himself burning himself out. While immortal and unable to age, not needing sleep as well. He finds himself tired and wanting to rest, having been alone with many secrets nobody but him remembers anymore. The lonely Immortal looks to find himself a replacement, someone to test, teach and replace him as a sort of Guardian of the humans and supernatural creatures who do not wish to fight.

What I am looking for: I am looking for a female character partner who, for whatever reason, catch’s the God Killer’s eye and who has the will and desire to put up with his trials and overcome them and become his student. My original idea for her would be that she would have potential to overpass him easily with just raw magical talent, but this is not required. The long term goal, is for her to give him a new reason to stay around instead of going into hibernation and a long standing plot with either the other Immortals, a new pantheon of gods or anything of the sort to come around. Or any combination of the above. The origins of the character are up for discussion.

Icebreaker
Genre: Futuristic Scifi
Pairing: FxF
World/Setting:  Future Ghost in the Shell Setting, 2052
Plot:    In the year 2000 project Ark was established to attempt to preserve humans with fatal diseases with no cures using cryogenic freezing until an age which a cure had been developed. Due to the expenses of the crude project and the fact that it was rather risky only select participants were allowed acceptance. One of these was an up a coming programmer named Matt Sterling, who would have become one of the founders of a new age. Matt had been working with two partners to create a break through sequence that would allow for a beginning into true artificial intelligence. In the year before the Ark project was offered to him, Matt had developed an algorithm he intended to purpose for the sake of adapting cyber security. The project was crude and in its early stages and would have theoretically taken years to reach a point where It would be capable of starting a new age of cyber warfare, a side effect he ignored due to his passion for the topic.

With his two friends at his side in their company, Sterling and Lang Productions, he was making impressive strides with only one other programmer on the team. Yao Lang was a well known programmer, much more noticed by the general public as he had graduated from his university with a doctorate at the age of twenty four years old. His thesis had provided for the foundation for a new server software that was part of the main build of Sterling’s Shield computer security system. In comparison Sterling graduated two years late at twenty four and barely got his bachelors. But where Lang had the memory of a computer, Sterling had the creativity and wit that a computer at that age could never dream of having. Unfortunately, Matt never got to see his program finished and due to his cancer, which had developed at a young age. Coming from an upper middle class family and with Lang’s influence, Matt was added to the Ark list against his initial wishes, not wanting to leave his family. Sterling did not trust the program due to having no control of what happened, but eventually agreed and was placed in a cryogenic frozen state until a time would arrive when his cancer could be treated. Which would come from a source he could have guessed, but wouldn’t have believed. When he awakes in 2052, it is not to his family, the descendants of his family, or to anyone he ever knew. With the program standing for such a long time and getting shuffled from research station to military base, to school, eventually the program is sent to a specific sect of the Research and Development portion of the military. Unfortunately for him, it is also a rather corrupt version that wanted the Ark ‘specimens’ since there were few people to miss them.

Naomi Hill, the Einstein of the era and the head of lab six had no interest in helping the military or mankind. Instead, she in her arrogance, wanted to create herself the perfect body. In an age where all brains had been cyberized, and full body prosthetics were common place, there were questions of how much further the process could be taken. In lab six, there were no such limits. Using the Ark subjects, she “cured” each patient by giving them a full prosthetic body to test her theories, enhanced muscle output, hidden weapons, built in fusion generators, nanite repair modules, all in the process of creating her own perfect body. Unfortunately for her, she chose the wrong system to test on Matt. Whereas most would see power as brute force, Naomi saw potential in the idea of controlling the digital world. Being genius in cybernetics and computer systems, she was one of the best hackers in the world. But, that required her to be able to jack in to her target, instead, she made a body to make it possible to simply touch a machine and create a datalink using theoretical science. The ultimate weapon in her eyes, the ability to touch a person and cause their brain to fry, or go comatose, or simply turn them into a puppet, the inherent flaw with cyber brains. And to this end, Sterling could very much agree with the power, potential, and efficiency. But he was also one of the few people who could use it.

There was never any doubt that Matt was creative and intelligent, but his inability to memorize subjects and keep things straight in his head lead to common mistakes, most noticeably on tests. But the algorithm he had developed for his Shield Project had taken a much different turn after he had left. Rather than finishing the project, Lang had taken it and sold it, as his own property and brain child, to medical, military and big businesses to be incorporated into rudimentary artificial intelligence and adaption systems. This gave birth to the rapid development of cyberization and was the origin of the cyber brain discovery. To put it simply, a fragment of Matt’s sloppy code, was the platform and technology the new era was built on, and nobody knew it better than him. The downside to this predicament was that Naomi was using a test body on him meant for her, meaning it was using a female chassis. As cyber brains didn’t need to stick to the gender of the original human, female and male bodies could be swapped out for each gender. And since he was just meant to be a test subject, for the sake of space and design research, Naomi was using female chassis for her experiments, leaving Sterling in a female cybernetic body.
What I am looking for: A partner willing to play a female character who helps Matt get used to his new body, adapt to the new world and find a purpose(ideally something like Sector 9 from Ghost in the Shell) in a long term plot.

A New Life
Genre: Scifi, Cyberpunkish
World/Setting: 2054 Earth, the game would take place on Earth after a new virtual reality MMORPG is released. It would simulate almost everything in real life perfectly, but it would only be a game. Time would also be extended so that one hour is equal to one day in game, allowing for extended ingame missions without losing too much time in real life.
Pairing: MxF, the world is pretty detailed so if a different character is discussed for me, I might do FxF for this one.

What I am looking for:  I am looking for a partner willing to build this virtual world with me and come up with a good long term plot based on the characters we run. I am not putting a solid plot here because this can go a multitude of ways depending on what we want.

Home Built Gods
Genre: Science Fantasy
Pairing: Any other then MxM
World/Setting: Cannon Setting starting on a planet called Terlan. The time period is set in an alternate universe, or series of universes, where science has evolved to a point where energy can be pulled from a multitude of sources very easily to the point where androids(robots with sentience for the sake of this setting) with the ability to store unimaginable levels of energy were created. It was discovered soon after that psychic energy produced by humans was a resource that could be tapped safely without destabilizing the world(in contrast to say, heat or momentum as doing so would cause either everything to freeze in the case of heat, or stop in the case of momentum).

Needless to say, the androids were soon used in a war that bled across a multitude of universes until the war had extended for thousands of years an only a small group of each universe even remembered the Androids weren’t natural. This was intentionally as the small group that remembered the androids were artificial wanted the machines to be worshipped in order to harvest the psychic energy of the masses for greater power, and so the small party that controlled the android could remain in power behind the scenes.

The Makers named their androids after the old Gods of legends. Isis, Artemis, Zeus and so on. Their arrogance leading into a era where the Gods would often do whatever it took to obtain followers.

The Gods are immortal in most ways due to the way they work.(If you have ever heard of Infinity Blade, the revival system is almost exactly the same.) Their mind is basically constantly backed up through a transmission through space time to a set base where their body can be quickly recreated and the mind downloaded into the new body. This creates a sort of pseudo immortality. The only way to truly kill a god is to destroy the reconstruction base. Also referred to as the Womb.

Plot:  The Nameless One was originally supposed to be the God of Victory. During his/her(I don’t care which and will refer to it as a him until we discuss a plot) creation, he was outfitted with a level of technology past even that of the old gods. While being raised in a VR world called Earth(Yes, basically our world, in this plot, would be a VR world in existence just for the sake of raising the Nameless One in a semi organic fashion). When he was being downloaded with all of the data and programming for his body, including the restrictions which would essentially make him a slave to his Makers, something went wrong.

He woke up early. While he lacked the massive psychic energy stores that most gods had, he had been fed solar power and nuclear power since before he was finished. What he didn’t realize was that his ‘sister’ had been the one who put him in VR, not the Makers. And she gave him a chance to escape and flee the base. This is open for discussion on how the story continues. 
What I am looking for: The plot is short due to the fact I want to get some creativity on my partner. The original idea had his older sister(Androids made by the same group are referred to as siblings.) free him before being enslaved, and a younger sister created to replace him.

These are not the characters that need to be used. Could be a rival Goddess and the Nameless One, one of his siblings, his Familiar or any number of partners for him in this plot.

Topics I Would Enjoy RPing Around
Settings

Outlaw Star
Ghost in the Shell
Mass Effect

Characters

Note: I really struggle playing cannon characters, so these are really just here in case someone wants to play them, but by no means required or expected.
Aria- Mass Effect
Miranda- Mass Effect
Liliana- MtG
Juri-StreetFighter(Though we may need to transplant her into a setting that isn’t horrible)

Tick

Using this to store the template I am using for the ideas

[size=16pt]Name[/size]
[b]Genre:[/b]
[b]Pairing:[/b]
[b]World/Setting:[/b]
[b]Plot:[/b]
[b]What I am looking for:[/b]

Tick

Tick

Added Craving Section and Aria Mass Effect Plot

Tick

Adjusted cravings, marked taken plots, and added information to the Different Worlds Craving.

Tick

Tick

Tick

Added Homebuilt Gods and updated cravings.

Tick

Fixed a few old plots, changed cravings, opened up two old stories that never really got started and added Magic 101

Tick

Tick

Currently craving Different Worlds or some variation.

Tick

Looking to pick up one or two stories. Almost everything here is on the table.

I would redo most of the ideas but mostly I am looking for a modern fantasy or cyberpunk(ghost in the shell or an altered universe would make me fall in love), I don't want to limit the ideas of this or say it must be one idea or another. Thus these ideas are on the table or if you want to discuss another concept, please let me know.

Tick

Cleaned up, trimmed out old no longer relevant ideas. Fixed some typos though I'm sure there are dozens more I'm missing. Added a few things.