"Dear America, Shut the fuck up about Tim Tebow already. Signed, CmdrRenegade"

Started by CmdrRenegade, January 10, 2012, 07:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CmdrRenegade

This is somewhat questioning and somewhat ranty.

I really wish the country would stop talking about this guy so much.  The guy went from third to first string QB and he's a devout Christian.  I think he deserves praise for such a tremendous improvement in his playing, but the sheer amount of talk he creates is beyond annoying.  If he wants to believe God has been playing a role in his rise, that's his right.  I'm not annoyed when someone wants to publicly display his religion.  What's getting on my nerves is that no matter where I go or how much I try to avoid it, I still get people constantly gossiping about him.  Shit, are people that fucking bored that they can only talk about one guy for a straight month? /rant over
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Callie Del Noire

I like Tebow..he's a good kid. Smart, works hard and puts forth effort to make his way in Football. I find it amusing they slam on him all the time for the fact he's a fairly 'good' person and has faith. Used to be folks didn't get up in your shit the way he acts. But he doesn't go on benders, or gun down his girlfriend for getting pregnant, so they have to do something.

Personally I'm tired of them comparing him to the 'greats' using lifetime performance against..what? 2 seasons?

Shut the hell up commentators and let the boy play. He's a sportsman and good guy.. GOD forbid that we have that in pro sports these days.

Serephino

I think he's getting way too much attention for this.  He's Christian, yay for him...  What would Tebow do?  I can't really say I care.

Oniya

I don't care if he's Christian, Atheist, or Pastafarian.  The only thing that matters is his completion percentage (and that it's lower than Brady's on the days that Denver plays the Pats.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ironwolf85

I agree with Callie there, what is suprising to the media is that he's not a total debautched overfamous twit like so many ego loving sports stars.
I feel like more than one news caster is grumbling "why doesn't he fall off the wagon yet and give us a good story."
on the other side there are people on fox and such who are trying to hold him up as some example of "put god in da game more." course these are the same guys who would sell jesus crackers at exorbant prices in the stands.
which I don't think he would want.

I get tired of my father watching fox...

I say shutup and let the man say a prayer before he kicks the ball.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

MasterMischief

Quote from: Oniya on January 10, 2012, 08:43:32 PM
I don't care if he's Christian, Atheist, or Pastafarian.

I would like to see a bowl of ramen in the end zone.

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

MasterMischief

Shjade

◕/◕'s

MasterMischief

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Malefique

Even with the videos I'm none the wiser - but then I had to have it explained to me exactly who Wayne Rooney is and why the hell anyone has the least interest in him, and I'm British... :-\
Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

MasterMischief

Quote from: Malefique on January 11, 2012, 04:14:55 PM
Even with the videos I'm none the wiser - but then I had to have it explained to me exactly who Wayne Rooney is and why the hell anyone has the least interest in him, and I'm British... :-\

The character actor?

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on January 11, 2012, 01:18:33 PM
Ooooh, gotcha. I thought you meant this guy.

Tim Tebow - "All He Does Is Win"
I have no idea who this Tim Tebow guy is, but that was just awesome!  Seriously!  Nicely done!
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

I hope I didn't give you the impression I made that video. I just linked it. >.>;
◕/◕'s

AndyZ

For people asking who Tim Tebow is (as I had to have it explained to me), he's the Denver Broncos quarterback, devoutly religious and continually pulls off some amazing streaks at the end of games.  Considering that his overall record is pretty crappy, people figure that it's either luck, skill or the grace of God.  There's also a number of interesting coincidences, like how he's got a big John 3:16 on his helmet (maybe under?  I dunno) and his total yardage for the Steelers game was 316.

A lot of people attack him because he's religious, which sadly isn't anything new in this country.  Others defend him for it.  I even saw a bit on ABC News where they tried to scientifically explain it.  (And people wonder why science is becoming a joke.  Come back, scientific method!  We miss you!)

What makes me laugh, though, are the people who claim that God has no interest in football.  The same people who believe that God created everything and is with us every moment of our lives don't believe that prayers would be answered for sports?  God is everything we need Him to be; that's part of omnipresence.

Personally, I expect that newscasters have nothing better to talk about, because they have to spend so much time talking about nothing but sports.  I expect that Tim Tebow would receive just as much attention for his amazing season if he wasn't noted for prayer and attributed it solely to luck.  Me, I prefer games where I can participate.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Oniya

Quote from: AndyZ on January 12, 2012, 12:52:14 AM
What makes me laugh, though, are the people who claim that God has no interest in football.  The same people who believe that God created everything and is with us every moment of our lives don't believe that prayers would be answered for sports?  God is everything we need Him to be; that's part of omnipresence.

They'd better not say that around Notre Dame.  O_O

MasterMischief

This is me not giving in.  Next time someone asks?  This right here.