Winds of Change (Fantasy freeform)

Started by Dracoat, November 06, 2010, 09:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracoat

This is the joining thread. Characters will be posted here until I get a small group going. I'll open up individual threads, such as OOC, Character, and IC once we get the group.

Click here to see the story and pictures.http://dracoat.yolasite.com/elliquiy-page.php
The picture gallery contains examples of the races. To be Zarmen a PM must be sent to me first with a character sheet for my approval. Draconic Guardians are off limits too. Other than that let me fill you in.

The Terrax are resilient and reserved. They love peace and maintain a strong morality.
The Fay are arrogant and filled with pride. They control minor magic. They can create subtle breezes, light torches and fires, and purify water. Little stuff, so no flinging fireballs. and no earth manipulation.
The Drow are very withdrawn and silent. They retain the power to reshape earth to an extent, such as changing regular granite into obsidian. So no earthquakes.
The Troh are very hot-tempered and stubborn, but reasonable. They are by far the best bodyguards ;D
The Ancients are forlorn and mysterious. Also the envy of regular Terrax women.
The Zarmen are usually prone to violence and as such act like Mongols, raiding and scouting. Although the tribe in Dimat is an exception.
The Draconic Guardians are more akin to the English Royal Guard. No emotion, no mistakes. Bred to protect the secrets, they are nothing to be trifled with.

I'll let you determine how the Fay and Drow work with magic, but I will step in if something goes a bit too far. Also, all characters will be either in Dimat or headed to Dimat. I don't want someone wandering around posting pity posts hoping someone responds lol.
So now that you be edumacated, Enjoy!

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

Dracoat

Characters so far:
Males:
Terrax - Arcxsus - Dracoat
Terrax - Nero - Tsunami
Drow - Kalin - kitakaze

Females:
Ancient - Amethyst - Ellorey
Fay - Seraphina - minerva7790
Terrax - Camille - Mayna

O/Os

Dracoat

O/Os

Dracoat

OK PMs are out so now I'll sit here in meditation while I wait. *Assumes meditation stance*

Character sheet should include:

Photo(or description if no photo yet)
Name:
Race:
Appearance: Height, facial details, scars, etc.
Equipment: Realistic please!
Bio:
Misc: Whatever feels important to add.

Also if you need a place to upload photos, send me the photo then I will PM the link to it!

O/Os

Dracoat

Name: Arcxsus Artul
Race: Terrax
Sex: Male
Appearance: 6'2", Military build, Gray eyes
Equipment: Mithril Armor, Bastard Sword, and a small waistpack of supplies( able to hold contents equal to a regular shopping bag)
Bio: Born in the river city of Lianii, Arcxsus was destined to be a guard for the city. It was what all his fathers before him had been so now would he. Since the age of five he was trained in all manner of weapons and strategy. Eventually surpassing his comrades at the age of 12, he was granted the ability of becoming a general when he matured.
During the Troh invasion, he is now 19, he was a force of defense. Taking down platoons of Troh by himself, he made up for the losses sustained during battle. Many times he alone was left on the field, ignoring the orders to retreat. He always won the day to protect his people. He was heralded a hero and fool.
On his 21st birthday, 6 months after the end of the Troh Invasion he was pinned as a general and sent to Dimat. There he maintained peace until an incident with the local Zarmen forced him to resign. He was framed for murder. Allowed to live peacefully, but never allowed to command again, he struck out on his own, determined to make a place in the world for himself.
Now at 24, he hears the call of ancient secrets. Some terrible, some magnificent. With the recent appearance of a Draconic Guardian in the city of Dimat, he feels these dreams forebode troubled times ahead. Now he readies himself for the unknown future.
Misc: He can often be spotted outside the northern gates of Dimat training.

O/Os

Ellorey

Name:
Amethyst Aeron  

Race:
Ancient

Sex:
Female

Appearance:
She stands at 5'5'', petite and absolutely beautiful- as most are in her species. Over her left shoulder; zigzagged and sinister, sits a scar of violet colouring. She has a black tattoo that splinters over half of her face, when she pulls her hair back it distinguishes a sword. Hair black as night and skin as pale as the frost-bitten snow, this ancient is quite alluring.

Equipment:
For an ancient, Amethyst is usually heavily equipped with weapons. Her number one favourite being the sais, ( See: http://www.redsunacademy.com/images/Weapons/SaisCase.jpg) she has two strapped to her hips. Upon her back, usually only one but sometimes two, her twin set swords, (see: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3201/210836-nariko1_super.jpg , Heavenly sword) heavy though somehow she can carry them around just fine. Her last little thing would be the Hachiwara, a small dagger(see: http://home.earthlink.net/~steinrl/hachiwar.gif) she ties to her thigh; this she carries everywhere. No matter how far or what for.

Bio:
Amethyst grew up in Dimat, brought to the city at the small age of three when her people arrived there. They say she was fit to be a warrior; fast on her feet and even faster in her brain. Since then, her ambitions had changed just about as much as the folk-lore’s had. All the while, she still had no idea who her parents were. Growing up with females gave Amethyst a sense of grace, by the time she was twelve however; they approved of letting her wander the city, of course, she found the Terrax. They were amazing, men; the called themselves- warriors. She was captivated, and followed a bunch of them and a small handful of Fay up to the Elder ruins one afternoon. Hiding underneath a shrub she watched the Draconic Guardians come forth, since then; that was all she wanted to do. Maybe they’d let her stay there with them? Who knows? At the age of twenty-one, Amethyst ventures out into the nether-lands to find journey and adventure; hunting with her pet Charles- she will be one to change the fate of the city; and be in the books forever.

Misc:
Charles- A Griffin that Amethyst found as a child on the outskirts of Dimat; never to stray far from the females’ side- this large hybrid has the personality of a well-behaved toddler. He stands at 7’8’’ when he holds his head high, and wing span is almost fifteen metres from wing tip to wing tip. (See: http://urngarden.com/images/blog/griffin5.jpg).  

Golden Circlet- Amethyst has a small golden circlet that hangs from a chain at her neck; the only gift or memory she has of her true conceivers. She holds it in times of unease of excitement, also meditation. Around it; inscriptions have been indented and filled with gold- forever she has been unable to read it.

Dracoat

Excellent, nice use of the exotic weaponry! :D

O/Os

Dracoat

Hmm it may be just cause it's the weekend, but I wonder where everyone went...

O/Os

Ellorey

minerva7790

Just here to assure you, I'm still interested! Will work on my profile as soon as I get some other work out of the way... Sorry it's taking me so long!
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Dracoat

No worries, I'm just wondering if fantasy is only popular as a system based RP, not much interest poppin up, But we can start regardless in the next... maybe day or two? It's up to you ladies if you wanna wait longer or start sooner.

O/Os

Isengrad

This does interest me, im going to read more of the story and get back to you. a draconic guardian might be fun to play

original artwork by karabiner

Dracoat

So just checking, character sheets ready to be posted? I've got me and Ellorey, I think it can be started. Everyone is still invited to join in on the IC once you get characters going, but I want to get something going to maybe pique interest.

O/Os

Ellorey

Ok! Send me link to the thread if you would? :) I'm excited. Hope my character sheet is ok.

Dracoat

If you look up top, all the links should be in the like third message!

O/Os

minerva7790

Again, sorry for the lateness! Here's my (work in progress) character!

EDIT: Edited the race and bio (and a bit of the equipment), because I didn't read carefully... :(

Name: Seraphina Aeryth
Race: Fay
Sex: Female
Appearance: Seraphina stands at 5'10", taller and more well-built than the average human female. This should be no surprise, however, she isn't human. She likes to feel the wind in her long silky raven hair, though since that style is impractical for combat, she keeps it in a single braid wrapped around her head. Her eyes are bluish-grey, something she inherited from her mother. She seldom smiles, but when she does, Seraphina can look quite attractive.She has been blessed with smooth, slightly tanned skin that heals fast without scarring. Indeed, the only lasting scar she has till date is a jagged cut running from the base of her neck, under her left arm, and right down to her hip. This cut did not heal well because it was made by a poisoned blade.
Equipment: Trained in hand-to-hand and ranged combat, Seraphina's weapons of choice are the double lightblades. Her personal weapons have the runic characters for 'heaven' etched into the hilt of one sword, and 'hell' on the other. Both weapons are sheathed at her side. Strapped on her back, along with her quiver of arrows, is an ornately carved bow of yew wood. She also keeps two knives tucked into each boot, and a throwing dagger hidden in her right gauntlet. Seraphina wears an intricate silver ring on the middle finger of her left hand: a family treasure. The Aeryth family has traditionally been adepts at wind and water magic, and this ring embodies that, aiding her and boosting her power when Seraphina uses wind or water magic.
Bio: A cold and aloof race, the Fays prefers to keep to themselves and have contact with the "lesser races", as they deem the other inhabitants of Grexas. Even as they live in the great city of Dimat, the Fays do not trade or do business with anyone but themselves. Seraphina is an exception to her race. Though taught of her race's superiority, she could not but see the Terrax as intelligent, noble and self-sacrificing. Even the hideous Troh and the scaly Zarmen seemed not too different from the Fays years ago: a resilient race struggling to make their place and survive in this world, and not the barbarians Seraphina's elders made them out to be. But the race that fascinated Seraphina the most was the Ancients, who seemed to consist of none but females, but yet never diminished in their numbers. It was their alluring beauty that convinced Seraphina that her elders were wrong. Surely there was something admirable in the other races... And so, Seraphina worked diligently at her studies, at swordsmanship and at magic, dreaming of the day she would finally come of age, and be allowed to leave the home of her parents...

That happened four years ago. Seraphina's parents, unaware of the conviction in their daughter's heart, bade their daughter farewell as she left on her journey to look for an adventure of her own. In these four years, Seraphina has seen much, both of the goodness of the other races, and of the evil in their hearts. And she has also seen how narrow the view of the Fays was. She can feel the trouble brewing in Grexas, and while she knows that the Fay would never see that they should be involved in the affairs of the world, she also understands that her people will not be spared should this evil not be suppressed. Filled with those kind of heroic dreams that young people have, Seraphina is determined to do what she can to protect her people from total annihilation, like they almost faced years ago in their fight against the Draconic Guardians.
Misc: Seraphina is quite serious and aloof, but once she feels that she can trust you, she becomes a loyal friend and companion. She might even let you call her Sera! Seraphina also carries a wooden flute with her at all times, a gift from her older brother when he left home, years before.

Dracoat

Ok, seems people are not looking at the pictures or even reading my post. I said Draconic Guardians are off limits, simply because they do nothing other than fight and stand vigil. They are modeled after the Dragons themselves, thats why I provided the link to the website with photos! Look at the first post Please. BTW your character could work as an excellent Ancient or even one of the Mystic Fay. They will no doubt have been fighting some of the dark beasts that have slipped past the Guardians!  Hate to bring this up now, but that why I was rushing to get some kind of sheet.

Quote from: minerva7790 on November 10, 2010, 05:36:59 AM
Again, sorry for the lateness! Here's my (work in progress) character!

Name: Seraphina Katar
Race: Draconic Guardian
Sex: Female
Appearance: Seraphina stands at 5'10", taller and more well-built than the average human female. This should be no surprise, however, since her race is meant to be a warrior race. She likes to feel the wind in her long silky raven hair, though since that style is impractical for combat, she keeps it in a single braid wrapped around her head. Her eyes are bluish-grey, something she inherited from her mother. She seldom smiles, but when she does, Seraphina can look quite attractive.She has been blessed with smooth, slightly tanned skin that heals fast without scarring. Indeed, the only lasting scar she has till date is a jagged cut running from the base of her neck, under her left arm, and right down to her hip. This cut did not heal well because it was made by a poisoned blade.
Equipment: Trained in hand-to-hand and ranged combat, Seraphina's weapons of choice are the double lightblades. Her personal weapons have the runic characters for 'heaven' etched into the hilt of one sword, and 'hell' on the other. Both weapons are sheathed at her side. Strapped on her back, along with her quiver of arrows, is an ornately carved bow of yew wood. She also keeps two knives tucked into each boot, and a throwing dagger hidden in her right gauntlet.
Bio: Living by ruins where no wildlife ventures can get boring real fast. This is the reason many young Draconic Guardians choose to leave their homes and explore the world. Seraphina has watched many of her childhood friends, whom she had played and trained with since young, leave, and return (as they must eventually, to  fulfil their ancient duty to guard the ruins) with fantastical tales of the things they have seen. Growing restless of the monotonous life, Seraphina is eager to leave her home and experience these adventures for herself. Although danger grows in her homeland, in the form of the vile beasts emerging from the Elder ruins, the leader of her people gave her leave to travel, knowing that it cannot be long before the Draconic Guardians become unable to fulfil their duty, and the evil beasts are unleashed upon the greater population of the world. When that time comes, the Draconic Guardians will be a dying race, and the skill and wit of those that remain will be essential in helping the world overcome the great evil that is upon them.
Misc: Seraphina is quite serious and aloof, but once she feels that she can trust you, she becomes a loyal friend and companion. She might even let you call her Sera! Seraphina also carries a wooden flute with her at all times, a gift from her older brother when he left home, years before.

O/Os

minerva7790

Quote from: Dracoat on November 10, 2010, 05:52:04 AM
Ok, seems people are not looking at the pictures or even reading my post. I said Draconic Guardians are off limits, simply because they do nothing other than fight and stand vigil. They are modeled after the Dragons themselves, thats why I provided the link to the website with photos! Look at the first post Please. BTW your character could work as an excellent Ancient or even one of the Mystic Fay. They will no doubt have been fighting some of the dark beasts that have slipped past the Guardians!  Hate to bring this up now, but that why I was rushing to get some kind of sheet.

Eep! Really sorry about not reading carefully! :( I'll change my previous post then...

Dracoat

Sorry bout that.  :-( Hope you can work around it easy enough!

O/Os

minerva7790

Quote from: Dracoat on November 11, 2010, 03:43:31 AM
Sorry bout that.  :-( Hope you can work around it easy enough!

Yeah, no worries. It is I who should apologise for not reading properly... Haha! Anyway, I've made the changes. Hope it's okay now...

Dracoat

Nice, I'll ad you to the approved Chars thread and you can begin posting whenever in the main thread. I'm just waiting around my self for everyone to get in. I also got a PM with another potential Grexian.

O/Os

Tsunami

Name: Nero Nova
Race: Terrax
Sex :Male

Appearance: Nero Stands a unimposing 6’1, with a cute face and joyful smile at all times. He is always seen wearing Light armor  and a rather odd sword strapped to his back. His eyes are the most intense looking red  that seemed to burn brighter if ever he is upset.

Equipment : Large sword that can be broken into two balance short swords, Light Armor , various little trinkets . YoYo

Bio: Nero was born the second son of of a prestige family, even thou he was the second born child he was seen as the superior of the his siblings cause he displayed a unique ability that is not only rare in his  family but to his race . Many of his family thought he would follow in his father footsteps and exceed in the military but for some reason either through a lack of trying , or well caring he hasn’t managed to elevate himself above Captain which his dad pull strings to make him . Many of his friends and family see him as a little to fun loving and nowhere near serious  enough to be worth his blessings.

Misc: Due to inter breeding long ago in his family he has the unique ability for a Terraxian to control fire 
To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

Dracoat

Welcome, I'll add you to the approved list so post whenever you want in the main thread.

O/Os

kitakaze

Name: Kalin Eszrenth
Race: Drow
Sex: Male

Appearance:
Kalin stands at an even six feet tall with the sleekly toned body of an acrobat. His snow white hair is cut in a roguish manner which accentuates his narrow, dark red eyes and the ever-present, albeit faint, smirk on his lips. Aside from the multiple piercings in each of his ears, he has no distinguishing physical marks on his body.

Equipment:
Kalin carries only two belt-pouches with him on a daily basis. One he uses for currency and other mundane objects, but the other holds a mixture of pulverized minerals which he uses in various ways with his magic. His weapons of choice are a pair of knuckle blades which he keeps sheathed on his arms, partially hidden by the cloth wraps he uses. (See this link for example: http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/united/images/UC784a.jpg)

Bio:
Born to a middle-class family, Kalin did not have the luxuries some of the more powerful and wealthy families enjoy, but neither did he ever want for the necessities. Instead of being content with what he had, or desiring to gain more, he took another view of things and began early on to desire excitement. Having everything laid out predictably, from his own life to the lives around him, was so boring that he was sure he would die. Even his family’s ability to shape and partially transmute certain minerals couldn’t keep him entertained for long.

Just before turning twenty, Kalin found his chance for escape from the ordinary in the appearance of a group of Terraxian traders. He used every ounce of his ability to persuade, not to mention a fair bit of transmuted gold which was as likely as not to remain that way, to convince the traders to take him along to Dimat. He only made it as far as the border before they turned upon him in anger, having noticed that their gold had somehow been turned into apparently worthless rocks. Needless to say, Kalin was forced to flee from their overwhelming numbers.

It took him close to a month to reach the city by foot, and when he arrived, he found less than a warm welcome. Within the first week he was attacked no less than seven times, including twice by Fay who made it sound as though he were the one at fault for the fight when the guards arrived.  Kalin had never quite agreed with his people’s hatred for the Fay and the other weaker races, after all they did share the same ancestors, but causing mischief and trouble for them was another matter entirely. While he lacks the overt hostility of many of his race, he still maintains an attitude of reserved distance from others through an air of cool amusement.

Misc.:
Kalin wears a mithril pendant around his neck which bears the crest of his family.
Using the pouch of minerals he carries, Kalin is able to enlarge and somewhat reshape his blades, and even form small throwing spikes as well, though it takes a toll on his energy to do so more than on occasion.
My O/O's and A/A's
I have taken the Oath of Drake

So silent, no violence,
but inside my head so loud and clear you're screaming...
You're screaming
Covered up with a smile I've learned to fear

Dracoat

Great your in! I'll add you to the char thread, so post when your ready!

O/Os