The Witcher: Dark Tidings (Open)

Started by Kakihara, August 19, 2020, 09:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kakihara

“People,” Geralt turned his head, “like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves. When they get blind-drunk, cheat, steal, beat their wives, starve an old woman, when they kill a trapped fox with an axe or riddle the last existing unicorn with arrows, they like to think that the Bane entering cottages at daybreak is more monstrous than they are. They feel better then. They find it easier to live.” - Andrzej Sapkowski, The Last Wish

Savaed Birke (Spring)

I hope this missive finds you well and hale.

The city of Daelkyr in Korvir and Poviss, nestled in the beginning of the Dragon mountains, has recently come under misfortune you may have heard, which is why I write to you seeking any available help.  I ask you do not digest all the dribble some bards garble out of their mouths as much of the truth has been lost in song and our land is certainly not cursed.  Lord Galifar has ruled the city well and true, we have prospered from the nearby mines and trade in the various materials dredged from the earth.  While the kingdom as a whole has decided to remain neutral in the war that rages with Nilfgaard, some do not and others object to our beloved king’s perchance to allow lenience to mages despite growing resentment and outright hunting in some areas.

A Nilfgaardian scholar was granted access to some of our libraries special text and relics, a special collection of our lord who’d studied at the university of Lan Exeter.  When guards caught this cretin stealing items, a chase and scuffle ensued and reports of what exactly happened is rather unclear especially due to the next occurrence.  It appears the scholar somehow activated a long-forgotten relic and the city rumbled, pieces of buildings broke off, some even crumbled.  What happened next is beyond words to convey.  From the ground, an ancient city rose from the earth with a huge black spire at its center.  The very city itself seemed to be made of this grey black stone the likes of which none have seen or been able to recognize.  Its rising destroyed a part of the city with untold dead or lost in it’s center, and our forced immediately reacted, trying to enter the gates of this huge second city.  The lost of life that day, words do not suffice, as inside those gates were things that some Witchers have not even heard of in their books.  It was wholesale slaughter but thankfully we had one Witcher in town that was able to help to close the gates and hunt down what had escaped.

The city immediately began to build a wall around this structure at first to keep us safe from whatever was in it, the minerals in the mountains were too great to just abandon our home.  But as the wall was built, it was realized that not only did this city contain horrors, it apparently called to others which lurk in this world, and other of Elder blood but that is another letter. We were being attacked on two fronts which has taken a toll on our guards and our people.  The lord and our King has authorized an open contract to all WItchers and even offered sanctuary for any mage willing to protect and investigate this city.  I hope you will make it known among those of a magical nature you have befriended over the years and are having a difficult time as well as any Witchers or men of the blade you may cross about the profit that may be available to them.

Your friend,
Coratash of Daelkyr

The year is 1272. The united kingdoms of Kovir and Poviss have remained a neutral ground for many years and as the witch hunts begin to grow it’s rulers acceptance of mages has offered a sanctuary from death, though not all folks accept them or the mutants so easily as their kings.  Deep in the heart of the kingdom, the ancient city of Ohr Kaluun has been brought from the depth of it’s grave back into the light.  Once a unique city where Dauk, Wozgor and Aen Seidh all came together unlike anywhere else in the continent after the Conjunction of the Spheres.  Together, they created the marvel of a city using magic the world had little seen anymore, shaping stone and reality to their design.  As a monument to their union, the Black Spire was created as a beacon and forge of the magic users.  The city was a myth in the outreaches of the burgeoning civilization on the continent though those who felt it’s call found it.  But then, the calling stopped and the city seemed to be swallowed whole, even it’s myth lost to most.

Expeditions are held into the city to find unique information as its name has not even been discovered yet.  Most efforts have been in fortifying the wall around the ancient city and the current city by the guard, the mages, sellswords, bards and Witchers left to explore and bring any heads or relics for reward to the king’s advisor Coratash.  The local ancient keep, Gorthwr Du, has been practically taken over by Witchers as a base came along with some mages who find it a bit more comfortable away from the city proper, higher on a mountain slope.  Recently contingents from Zerrikania and Mahakam have set up houses in the town, bringing a strange political air to the isolated village and it’s ancient secrets now uncovered.

The game with be a sandbox-ish game with plot points and breadcrumbs dropped for players that they can follow or ignore depending on the stories looking to be told by the characters.

Races: Humans, Aen Seidhe (elves), Dwarves, Gnomes, Witchers

Professions: Mage, Priest, Witcher, Merchant, Man at Arms, Doctor, Criminal, Craftsman, Bard

Witcher Schools: The Wolf, The Cat, The Gryphon, The Viper, The Bear

Currently I'm going to restrict characters with Elder Blood just to keep things on a good ground.  The game is not meant to be centered only on Witchers though as there is opportunity for mages and sorceresses and mercenaries.

Character Sheet:

[float=right][img height=300 padding=10]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/5e/2a/ba/5e2abae3c125dcb1abe106171e0a13e2.jpg[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] Your character's name
[b]Race:[/b] Your characters race
[b]Age:[/b] Your character's age as of the spring of 1272
[b]Birthplace:[/b] Where were they born and raised?
[b]Orientation:[/b] Your character’s sexual orientation
[b]Profession:[/b] Your character’s profession, examples above.
[b]Faction:[/b] Witcher school, mage order, religious order, country, etc
[b]Theme Music:[/b] Your characters theme music (for some fun)
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Defining Skills:[/b] (Important skills and magic you character knows/trained in)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Reputation:[/b] (What Others May know of you and regard you.)
[b]Biography:[/b]

*Defined Skills is just a way to narrow down what your character is good at just to keep the power creep down. 

Most of my info is based on pulling things from The Witcher rpg book but this is freeform and I'm supplementing it like crazy with info from the Wiki so if you don't see anything on there or unsure, if it's in the lore it would probably be acceptable but feel free to run it past me.  And I'm sure I've missed some things so will be consonantly editing so keep an eye. 

Additional notes:  I will be allowing either real life or drawn art face claims since this is a fantasy setting.  Also, while I'm pulling from the lore we are not being strict so there are female Witchers, they are perhaps just more rare. 

Rules

1. Don't cause or participate in drama. Be respectful of other players. If an issue comes up that cannot be resolved please inform me or, if severe enough, site staff.
2. Don't godmode. This rule applies to both other player characters and NPC's.
3. Inform the GM if you will be unable to post for significant time.
4. Accept your character will sometimes lose fights and/or get injured.
5. Player Vs. Player conflict is allowed in this game. All characters should be on similar enough footing that any outcome is a possibility. Discuss this out of character before engaging. If a dispute occurs try to resolve it amicably, if it cannot be resolved please inform me.
6. Please communicate with others. Seek out social scenes between your characters and other player's characters as well as NPC's.
7. Avoid controversial topics OOC. We are all here to have a little fun.

Discord Server Up

Character Sheets

Gorthwr Du

Daelkyr

Dark City and Black Spire

Malrunar

Kakihara

Ok, got myself motivated tonight and got the character sheet up already.

Also, inspiration but has Netflix series spoilers so in spoiler:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Aiden

I will follow this.

I would love to rep the School of the Bear. Want to see how it develops.

Timeless

-glares-

Goddamn you, bruh. Like seriously, why do you do this to me?! -shakes kakihara!-

>3> -plants interest flag!- I'm going to make a sorceress hailing from Ofier.

Malrunar

So... Profiles here or would you like them sent to your PM? I've got mine all written up!

Kakihara

Quote from: Yggdrasil on August 19, 2020, 11:34:11 PM
So... Profiles here or would you like them sent to your PM? I've got mine all written up!
Profiles here is good for now!

Malrunar

Name: Afni of Cidaris
Race: Witcher
Birthplace: Cidaris
Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Witcher
Faction: The Cat
Theme Music: The Mission -- Puscifer
Physical Description: Afni stands at 5’6, with chin-length hair and simple garb. She wears muted colors of black and maroon, and often wears the hood of her cloak up to hide her striking white hair. Wearing her fair share of scars, the young witcher moves with an endless, fluid grace that would make a tiger envious.
Defining Skills: Afni is known for her speed and agility, over brute strength. She fights with a blade and multiple daggers as backups. While she prefers throwing knives, another range weapon she can depend on is the bow and spear.
Personality: Afni shields herself with sarcasm and the sort of mischievous smirk that makes her look as if she is always up to something. But with how flippant she can be, these terse words and sharp verbal jabs never carry much inflection in tone. Even her eyes are void of expression, giving her a twisted version of a death stare --or maybe more accurately, resting bitch face.
Still, she is altruistic at heart even if she’s a bit jaded, and has a fondness for good stories and wretched jokes. She relaxes most when by the sea or any body of water, and hates dry, desolate areas the most. And she will happily express that disgust to any and all who would hear.
-- Being a Feline, no one is quick to make her a friend. And while she's not yet a seasoned Witcher, she is determined to separate 'Afni of Cidaris' from 'The school of the Cat'.
-- Sometimes she goes out of her way to help people to prove her point. She doesn't want to be known as an assassin.
-- Even for a Feline, Afni is agile and quick and damn hard to hit.
Biography:
Afni was born in Cidaris, learning to first walk on the sandy beaches and always imagined her life would end with her being buried beneath them. When she wasn’t helping her mother sell their catch of fish at the market, she would often wander along the beach and collect seashells and stones that caught her fancy. It was on one of these excursions that she wandered too far and stumbled across some men with ill-intentions, men who might have let her pass if she hadn’t witnessed the murder.

In a blind panic, she ran, hounded by the same knife-wielding murderers that were intent on removing their only witness. By a stroke of luck -good or bad- Afni’s life was spared when a passing Witcher got himself involved. Not to defend her out of an altruistic impulse, but to take her for himself so that she might undergo the Trial of Grasses. It was an experience that changed her in more than one way, and when she survived the mutation, Afni was taken to the School of the Cat for further training.

She grew up despising the other Felines and was revolted by the reputation she was forced to wear -guilty by association. But the training proved to be challenging and efficient, and while she dreamed of finally coming out of it alive and returning home one day, Afni had to first learn to keep her thoughts to herself and play out their games. Even among the Witchers, Felines were greeted with hands-on-hilts and backs closely guarded. She didn’t make friends, only enemies, but at that point in her life she only saw it as more training

When the day of her freedom finally arrived Afni journeyed home to taste the harsh reality of her life. Her parents wanted nothing to do with her and refused to accept what had happened as truth. She had a younger brother -Anondo- who she would never know. Afni left and returned to the only life she knew how to live, the one she had been training for.

Young, inexperienced, she has a lot to live up to but more than enough determination and grit to make that happen.

Xurtan

Hm. Definitely interesting. As far as defining skills, are you wanting specific spells, types of magic, or what precisely? In regards to Mages, that is. I'm glancing through the Witcher RPG book at the moment out of curiosity to see how they handle it, and wondering how... specific vs broad you want us to be, I suppose?

Kakihara

Quote from: Xurtan on August 20, 2020, 09:53:24 AM
Hm. Definitely interesting. As far as defining skills, are you wanting specific spells, types of magic, or what precisely? In regards to Mages, that is. I'm glancing through the Witcher RPG book at the moment out of curiosity to see how they handle it, and wondering how... specific vs broad you want us to be, I suppose?
I'm leaning more broad since it's freeform.  It's more just a way to keep things a bit balanced as best as I can with a full freeform game. While I take it every mage has access to all elements perhaps you specialize in one or two.  Also like Alchemy or for witchers if you know one of the alternative signs as listed in the book.  I'm don't want things to get too overwrought, trying to keep it simple and fun.  I know a lot of people probably don't have the RPG book so I'm trying to keep it stuff anyone would pull from reading or playing the game or looking at the wiki.

Also might include like preferred fighting styles that a person is proficient with and such.  More flavor and character clarification really.

@Yggdrasil looks great.  Approved.  Once we get some more people in I'll get a character sheet thread and OCC thread up.  And work on a Discord if people are interested for setting up connections and planning.

Malrunar

Praxis

Oh this looks...fantastic.

I don't know if I'll be able to bang out a character...BUT

I do have the RPG.pdf and then two supplemental PDFs that go along with it.  The Journal and...something else.  Lands and Lords or some such.

There's a truck load of lore in them.  I bought a copy at drivethrurpg a while ago and I'm happy to share mine for those of you that want it.

Hit me up in PM if you like and we can figure out a way for me to get it to you.

As far as Witcher schools go; are you looking for a broad spread of the different schools or are you fine with two Cats or two Bears or some such?

Kakihara

Quote from: Praxis on August 22, 2020, 11:15:30 AM

I do have the RPG.pdf and then two supplemental PDFs that go along with it.  The Journal and...something else.  Lands and Lords or some such.

There's a truck load of lore in them.  I bought a copy at drivethrurpg a while ago and I'm happy to share mine for those of you that want it.

Hit me up in PM if you like and we can figure out a way for me to get it to you.

As far as Witcher schools go; are you looking for a broad spread of the different schools or are you fine with two Cats or two Bears or some such?
Nice.  I have the physical main book and I have the newest one they put out.  I didn't get the Lands and lords I think it is, which comes with a GM screen. 

As far as Witchers school, since it's all freeform I'm not looking for a broad spread.  I mainly included them to add more flavor for people to add as I didn't even know the schools were a thing until recent when I finally read through the RPG book.  If we end up with mainly Cat or Bear schools I don't mind.  Just like if we don't get a lot of mages from the Brotherhood I'm ok with it being all the Sorceresses.

Malrunar

That's very nice of you! 😁

Quote from: kakihara on August 22, 2020, 11:58:51 AM
Nice.  I have the physical main book and I have the newest one they put out.  I didn't get the Lands and lords I think it is, which comes with a GM screen. 

As far as Witchers school, since it's all freeform I'm not looking for a broad spread.  I mainly included them to add more flavor for people to add as I didn't even know the schools were a thing until recent when I finally read through the RPG book.  If we end up with mainly Cat or Bear schools I don't mind.  Just like if we don't get a lot of mages from the Brotherhood I'm ok with it being all the Sorceresses.

I've found myself restarting Witcher 3 just to spruce up my knowledge of the lore. It's been a few years since I've played this! (Honestly... I don't recall if I've ever finished the game.)

Primarch

Name: Concobhar of Beauclair
Birthplace: Born in Kaer Trolde, raised at Kaer Morhen
Orientation: Hetersexual
Faction: Wolf School
Theme Music: Helium Vola - Mahnung
Physical Description: Concobhar stands at 6'4 with a broad, athletic frame. Unsurprisingly for a Witcher of his age he has no shortage of scars & marks, each one coming with a story (most but not all relate to a contract). His hair is brown with tinges of red, generally worn short & neat but life on the road often see's them grow out. He is generally seen wearing the standard armour of the Wolf School, often worn under a heavy wool cloak to protect from the elements or conceal his appearance when necessary.
Defining Skills: As a Witcher of the Wolf School his training was more 'generalist' than Witchers of other schools, over the decades of his career however he has marked himself as a master swordsman even by the standards of other Witchers. He is also a highly skilled boxer, having won regional championships across the land (though they are generally forfeited by default once he leaves and is no longer present to defend them). While his Signs & Alchemy don't tend to be as impressive as his more direct combat skills, Concobhar has had decades to cultivate his skills in that area.   
Personality: By his nature Concobhar possesses a notorious temper. For many years he wore heated, raw passions on his sleeve. He weaponized a very terrible rage and used it to slay creatures that were not familiar with something more fearsome than they were. Even as a young Witcher however Concobhar came to realise that lifestyle would burn him out and earn him the grave. To that end he decided to become something different. The Witcher made a pact to himself that he would become a beacon of honour & compassion, and so all that met him might associate such things with his guild. It was never ini his nature to be a figurative knight in shining armour but through daily effort and sheer force of will be became something different. They never became nature to him but it became easier. Admittedly however Concobhar has recently started to realise he has been getting very tired. His life of adventure has been wearing him down and sometimes Concobhar wonders how much he has left in him. Perhaps one last adventure before retiring into obscurity, or finding the foe that will finally take his life.
  • Most Valiant: After many years aspiring to higher ideals and dedicating himself to this lifestyle, Concobhar eventually encounter the Lady of the Lake. She bestowed upon him the sword Aerondight, which he wields to this day. He is also very well regarded in the Duchy of Toussaint where his valour (and capacity to drink a fucking ton of wine) make him most agreeable.
  • Tough as old leather: Concobhar has long since earned a reputation for being a tough old wolf, having received more than his fair share of injuries over the decades but also for punching the shit out of people all across the Northern Realms in bloody bareknuckle boxing.
  • None of Fierce: It is said when hunting the White Werewolf of Caingorn the creature bit him and left a scar on his shoulder that Concobhar still bears, Concobhar returned the favour and bit out its throat. Assuredly exaggerated stories aside, the Witcher was notoriously volatile in his younger years and while he has since changed his ways there are a few stories still traded over drinks among the veteran Witchers.
Biography:

• Though Concobhar has since learned he was born in Kaer Trolde, his earliest memories all stem from Kaer Morhen. Like many others that came before him in the School of the Wolf he spent his early days listening to what seemed to be endless lessons on the very many varieties of beast and creature he would need to know about. Then combat training was added, horse riding & alchemy. Days were spent in the hills & mountains surrounding Kaer Morhen where the would-be-Witchers played as they could, some games from their trainers taught survival while others were just childish mischief. In time the training became more intense, more severe. Sometimes not everyone survived. Accidents happened or someone wasn't careful enough. Some lessons were harder than others. In hindsight some of the bonds forged in those days seemed to revolve around the mutual experience of survival, or blame towards the trainers who let children under their charge die.
  • In time Concobhar went through the Trial of Grasses. It was an ordeal but he survived and received the mutations that marked a Witcher. When his training was formally complete he did what all others did and started his life on The Path. After years of living in Kaer Morhen now it would just be where he spent his winters, while the rest of his time was spent traveling from one place to the next and accepting work as he could find it.
  • Before long Concobhar had come to enjoy a certain amount of solitude, just him and his horse on the open road. Relaxing at camp at the end of the day, even better if he had something to drink before falling asleep under the stars. Though of course for every pleasant evening sleeping under starlight there was a night spent huddled under a tree hoping to avoid the wind & rain.
  • As the years started to slip by and Concobhar had done work in more & more Kingdoms, eventually he found his presence occasionally being requested (as opposed to generally being asked to leave). While this seemed to be something of a boon at first the Witcher quickly came to the realisation he was getting caught up in politics and the squabbles of people he had little interest in being associated with. They certainly didn't have his best interests at heart. It was in Toussaint however that he found his presence at court to be a positive experience. Though when he first arrived he did not look the part of noble warrior, a knight he had met on the road and aiding in the slaying of a Leshen vouched for his good character. For a short time Concobhar became an honoured guest of the Duchess and favoured sparring partner to several of her knights (which allowed him to refine his own bladework). Inevitably in a land where knights-errant so often find work, Concobhar's skills were needed to deal with a monster plaguing the Duchess's favoured vineyard, for his services he was formally knighted, earning him the nomme de guerre Concobhar of Beauclaire.
  • Though his presence was generally welcome in Beauclaire he had yet to travel to the place where, if anywhere, might be considered his true home. Skellige & Kaer Trolde. He made the excuse of traveling there for work, in truth he wished to see the land where he had been born. To his delight Concobhar found the people to be honest and by the standards of what he was used too, good natured. Even better he was made welcome. Some stories of his actions had reached their halls and the Lords of Skellige wished to hear them told first hand by the Skellige born Witcher himself. Had he not already accepted the title offered to him by the Duchess he may have started going by 'Concobhar of Kaer Trolde.' None the less he would return many times over the years.
  • The decades continued to move along, strong young warriors he had known grew old and put down their swords. The women of his youth were now grandmothers who spoke to him politely of fond times. He met others along the way but inevitably many faces started to blur together. The monsters largely stayed the same of course.

Malrunar

And Primarch uses my greatest weakness against me. Insta-fan with Fassbender being used as a FC! 🤤

Kakihara

@Primarch approved, looks great!  Working on a character myself and I know at least two others who've expressed interest so will work on getting some threads up and a group discord for those on there.

Primarch

Sounds good! I find a Discord is much easier for plotting & arranging stuff.

Timeless

>3> Did you follow me or something, dude? Pffftt.

-ducks!-

But you should join - only if you can afford to do so. >3<

I also need to seriously do my sheet - but doing character sheets is such a drag for me. Sob.

Kakihara

Quote from: Timeless on August 24, 2020, 09:58:21 AM
I also need to seriously do my sheet - but doing character sheets is such a drag for me. Sob.
It is a cruelty I know but one we must inflict.  >:)

Also, Discord Channel is up.

Discord Server Up

Aiden

-ducks!-

DummieBlondie

Well... What would be your thoughts on a Mage character specialized in The Forbidden Arts (Necromancy and Goetia) along with Teleportation and Divination magic?

What I have in my mind is, she will be highly skilled in the forbidden arts but so rarely uses them (only in depressed situations as a panic button) and her skills on the forbidden arts will be known by only a limited number of individuals while her reputation is mostly based on Teleportation and Divination magic.

I am seeing her more of a pacifist as long as she doesn't cornered in deadly situation. 

Praxis

-ducks!-

Bro...breh...brah...

I've been here all along!

Are you following me?

And I'm leeeeeaaaaaaaning towards it.  This week is killing me for availability though.  I need to read the lore again and then settle on a stabber who stabs.

Quote from: Aiden on August 24, 2020, 12:28:41 PM

Kakihara

Name: Skarde Hemaey
Birthplace: Skellige
Orientation: Straight
Faction: School of the Viper
Theme Music: The HU-Wolf Totem
Physical Description: A short man at 5’6”, he is a ball of muscle and energy waiting to spring.  He often wears lighter leather armor with shades of black and green, and matching colors on his normal clothes.  Like many Witchers, he is riddled with cars though has amazingly kept from getting his face hurt over the years.
Defining Skills: Two weapon fighting:  Dagger fighting and sword dagger specialty. Stealth and infiltration. Long shots with Crossbow. Poison.  Enhanced dexterity and speed.
Personality: Skarde is far from a wallflower, willing to speak up even on matters he has no interest in, often enjoying poking others.  He is a sardonic and cynical man but he also knows how to enjoy a good laugh, even if it’s occasionally at other’s expenses.  Life is too short so he tries to enjoy his time though he avoids making deep connections.
-left for Zerrikania after Gorthwr Gwaed was destroyed where no one seems to know what happened to him.
- Cold Blooded – A few tales of what has happened to a few who’d decided to cheat or double cross Skarde has floated around, vicious even for a viper.
Biography: Born in Skellige, he was the orphan of a former son of a clan chieftain who’s history is suspect, his name only spoken of in ill terms these days.  They say he was too hungry for power especially after marrying his beautiful new bride and they conspired to ensure he would be the next chief.  As part of this plan, rumor says, he conspired with raiders to attack and the village and allow him to drive them back, letting them kill many of his own family while securing himself as the clan’s hero.  But he was betrayed and butchered along with the rest, or at least that’s what many say, though the evidence is scarce as most were destroyed in the raid.  The rest is talk from drunken raiders. 

One of the few survivors of the massacre, he was sent to live with a distant uncle but found himself ostracized by many in the community.  So much so that when the law of surprise was invoked by a visiting Witcher, his uncle maneuvered the child to be the first person that the chieftain’s son saw after returning home from being saved by the Witcher.  He was not sad to see the island left behind and ready to get away from the people who’d already rejected him, even if it meant dying in the trials to come.  A seed of bitterness had been planted in his heart so he took to the hard training of the Viper school and the teaching of hunting humans with a surprising zeal.  While he took well to being able to talk his way out of most things, he never really had the stomach for court talk or getting involved with politics like others in the school.

After the Trials of the Grasses, he took to killing both men and monsters rather easily, though avoided dealing with the royal ones for the most part.  One contract came across his path that seemed easy enough, hunting down and killing a traitor who’d taken to ground in a remote farming village.  No one had mentioned he had a wife and two kids and he had been too quick to bother checking, it seemed too easy.  He left a blood bath in his wake, both the wife and kids attacking him after killing their father.  Instinct took over and he slaughtered them all, but the event changed him and his habits.  He bade good by to the South, a fact which saved his life, and began to wander farther North until he found himself in Zerrikania.  He focused on monster hunting and entreating with warrior women the land was so famous for, rumors of him even having hunted a dragon were found to be false, a fact he would vehemently deny could ever happen.  Dragons were too interesting to wipe from the world. 

Still, a misunderstanding with a dragon cult and some run ins with his favored warrior women forced him to leave the land.  Not wanting to head South again, learning the Vipers school was no more, he began to ply his trade up north.  He’d just settled down when he’d heard rumors of a good score being in Daelkyr.  Seeing as he’d not put down roots, the rumors he was hearing was too good to turn down.

Kakihara

Quote from: DummieBlondie on August 24, 2020, 04:27:03 PM
Well... What would be your thoughts on a Mage character specialized in The Forbidden Arts (Necromancy and Goetia) along with Teleportation and Divination magic?

What I have in my mind is, she will be highly skilled in the forbidden arts but so rarely uses them (only in depressed situations as a panic button) and her skills on the forbidden arts will be known by only a limited number of individuals while her reputation is mostly based on Teleportation and Divination magic.

I am seeing her more of a pacifist as long as she doesn't cornered in deadly situation.
Sorry, totally didn't see this post before.  I wouldn't have a problem with it though even as liberal as the area is with magic compared to other parts of the continent, there would probably be some questions and concerns by anyone who saw her.  But as long as you're ok dealing with any consequences of forbidden magic being used, I don't have a problem with it.  As long as you detail how you know it and all, it can work.

DummieBlondie

Quote from: kakihara on August 25, 2020, 10:48:17 PM
Sorry, totally didn't see this post before.  I wouldn't have a problem with it though even as liberal as the area is with magic compared to other parts of the continent, there would probably be some questions and concerns by anyone who saw her.  But as long as you're ok dealing with any consequences of forbidden magic being used, I don't have a problem with it.  As long as you detail how you know it and all, it can work.

Actually, I am not even thinking about using the forbidden arts at all during to play so I don't think someone ever see her when she is performing the forbidden arts.
additionally, I think they are more fit as ritual casting which will require some special components to gather or a special place to perform the ritual. Hence, She mostly will know those forbidden arts as a fluff.  As I mentioned a few people can/will know her knowledge of the forbidden arts and probably only one or two people ever seen her actually performing them.

I will try to put things together for a character sheet and a background story within few days.

Kakihara

Quote from: DummieBlondie on August 26, 2020, 01:00:42 AM
Actually, I am not even thinking about using the forbidden arts at all during to play so I don't think someone ever see her when she is performing the forbidden arts.
additionally, I think they are more fit as ritual casting which will require some special components to gather or a special place to perform the ritual. Hence, She mostly will know those forbidden arts as a fluff.  As I mentioned a few people can/will know her knowledge of the forbidden arts and probably only one or two people ever seen her actually performing them.

I will try to put things together for a character sheet and a background story within few days.
Ok, sounds good. Certainly the cities change in... fortune, or fate, has brought in less scrupulous people wanting to take advantage of this new find.  So there may be one or two in town who know her other skills.

Deamonbane

Planting a possible interest flag. Have a Witcher character that's been on the back of my mind lately. One that favors the bow and throwing knives over close quarters combat, and hides his face for mysterious reasons.

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Kakihara

Quote from: Deamonbane on August 26, 2020, 07:39:54 PM
Planting a possible interest flag. Have a Witcher character that's been on the back of my mind lately. One that favors the bow and throwing knives over close quarters combat, and hides his face for mysterious reasons.

Interesting.  I don't think I've seen a ranged Witcher concept before, sounds intriguing. Well, a focused range one, I mean thanks to The Witcher 3 crossbows became popular in stories.  ;D

Kakihara

We have some good characters so far but we could use a few more to flesh the world and stories out!

Deamonbane

Name: Iorvan of Vizima

Race: Human/Witcher

Birthplace: Vizima, raised in Gorthur Gvaed

Profession: Witcher/Assassin

Faction: School of the Viper

Theme Music: Shoot to Thrill - AC/DC

Physical Description:
Iorvan is always described as painfully lean, which allows some to see him as a little taller than his six-foot frame. His build is wiry and powerful, with long, deft fingers and scars aplenty. His eyes are a familiar yellow with slitted pupils, like all witchers, and his hair is generally cut short, with no beard. While working, he wears a cloak and a mask to cover his features, leaving only his glowing yellow eyes for recognition.

Defining Skills: Iorvan was trained in all the familiar arts of witchering: Potions, signs and swordmanship were all drilled into him from an early age, but what he showed true proficiency for were ranged weapons. Crossbows at first, and then bows, javelins and throwing daggers.

Personality:
Those that believe the myth that Witchers have no connection to their emotions assumed as such from the likes of Iorvan. A cunning warrior, but shows no outside connection to the world aside from what he needs of it. His emotions are there, naturally, but reined in savagely. He is a killer for hire, with little compunction for the life that needs to be taken, or the reason, so long as coin is provided.

- An assassin for hire as well as witcher. Most witchers of other schools dislike him for it.
- Kills those who refuse to pay.
- Known as one of the few witchers to prefer the bow over swords.
- (known to few) Also known to kill with potions and poisons instead of arrows or swords.

Biography:
Iovan's father was a Nilfgaardian merchant whose life was saved by a witcher of the Viper School. The man had no coin to pay, and instead offered up the Law of Surprise as payment.

The witcher accepted, returning home with the merchant to find that his wife had recently given birth to twins, two boys. The witcher was only entitled to one of the boys, and the merchant pushed the weaker, sicklier of the two from his home.

Iorvan was barely three at the time, and has no recollection of his real home. He was taken to the Tir Tochair mountains to Gorthur Gvaed, the home of the School of the Viper. A handful of other boys were brought along with him and trained in the witcher arts. Iorvan was weaker slower than the other boys, needing to prove himself with his viscous nature and willpower. Even so, he was an inferior fighter compared to the others, and none thought that he would survive the Trial of the Grasses.

But he did. Barely.

Of the ten boys that were brought in for training, only he and two others survived. He was still physically weaker than the other two - although still stronger than the average human - but his speed increased beyond theirs. Even so, his skill with the blade was still inferior to theirs, and the witcher that trained them realized that his skill lay elsewhere, teaching the boy the bow instead. His precision and marksmanship was unmatched, and the witcher realized that his vision and senses were far superior to the other trainees.

He left Gorthur Gvaed once he had his medallion, never to return. It was as close to home as he would ever have, but he hated the place desperately.

As the years passed and contracts continued to come in, Iorvan found himself in Vizima once more, and coming upon a contract. That contract, he later realized, was posted by his father. The man had made his fortune and was living comfortably, although he needed a witcher's services to deal with a handful of necrophages that were plaguing his caravans.

When he stood in front of his father, Iorvan realized that neither he, nor his mother nor his twin brother recognized the man that he had become.

Iorvan completed the contract, and yet an ill fate befell the family. Father, mother and son had been horribly murdered, with all their possessions of value stolen, with the killer never seen or left any trace.

He never returned to Vizima again.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Madam Striga

Just poking in to register my interest!

Blackcat792

I would definitely be interested in making a character but I'm not sure what, yet. I saw that many are making Witchers, so I think that one is out for me. Any recommendations? I was thinking maybe a novice sorceress or something?

Kakihara

@Deamonbane approved

@Madam Striga Glad for the interest.

@Blackcat792 - well the field is pretty open.  The only ones waiting in the wings that I kind of know a bit of the character they had in mind is a mage.  So really, mage, bard, craftman, priest, Man at Arms, Doctor, Criminal.  They are all pretty open.  The one concept may fill in the doctor role that someone was working on, I think but I'm not totally sure.

I should have some pages up tomorrow for the game for those already with characters up and to see what we are looking at.

Kokaine

I am interested. I am leaning toward a female mercenary of some sort if there's room to run with that concept considering the characters you have so far. I am probably not as well versed in the source material as some others >.>
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Madam Striga

I'm tempted to make a bard I think.

Primarch

Kakihara

@Kokaine  I don't think that should be a problem as I don't see us being super lore heavy. (I mean that's never stopped me from joining certain RPs relying on Google and others. lol)

@Madam Striga  I don't believe anyone has expressed interest in playing a bard and I'm sure there are plenty of coin to be made in this area much less songs to be written.

Daena

Name: Lady Liadan Aunduin

Race: Human

Birthplace: Vizima

Profession: Sorceress & Herbalist

Faction: Mage

Theme Music: Loreena McKennitt - All Souls Night

Physical Description: Standing at a rather petite 5 foot, the woman made up for her short stature in personality. Firey hazel eyes that gave way to her emotions, growing darker seemingly as her anger mounted and lighter depending on her mood. Liadan was a lovely woman who understood her beauty could carry her places that perhaps even being a Sorcress could not. She wore only the best gowns, and fur lined cloaks enjoying the finer things in life. Her long red hair is the woman's pride and joy, always styled perfectly and pulled over her left shoulder, in an attempt to hide the two scars that linger across her face. Two scars lightly marring her cheek, with another cutting across her upper lip and one within her eye brow. She carried the perfect hour glass figure, with a narrowed waist, flared hips and full breasts, none of which Liadan was torn about showing off with her tight bodice's, and corsets to accent her figure.

Defining Skills: Teleportation, and Fire magic.

Personality: Liadan is rather demure in most things, easily giving to listening instead of speaking. She is rather quiet, until provoked of course. The Sorcress is a woman that enjoys learning of others. She loves laughter, and has a soft spot for the Witchers and learning all that she can of the men and women. She is quick to smile and add her laughter, and slow to anger although once pressed the emotion will bubble over and she is quick to lash out at anyone that had called the anger forward.

* - Pampered woman who refuses to live in the filth and travels in luxury when she does travel.
* - Loves Witchers, and will go out of her way to assist them, often providing them a safe place to rest if needed or even offering her aid.
* - Rumored to have been saved by a Witcher when a werewolf kidnapped her long ago.
* - Never far from a white owl that often perches on her arm or shoulder.

Biography:
Born in Vizima, to a rich merchant family, Liadan lived a easy life until as a young teenager as she was exploring the fields, and the teenager was taken by a werewolf. Helpless, with a lack of magic up to that point - she was taken away, only to be saved by a wandering Witcher, which cemented her love and adormation of the men and women. This led to her desire, and drive to learn what she can, to return the help she had gotten. Soon she departed and went to the Mage school, which her parents had done all that they could to hide her from. They had paid tutors to help her control her magic, and keep her budding magic from being known - yet after being rescued by the Witcher, Liadan departed and forged her own future.

Excelling in school, learning Mind-based magic (Telekinesis, Telepathy,Telempathy), Teleportation, and Fire magic along with the other schools. Yet, Liadan excells in the teleportation and Fire magic.  Nor was she content to remain within the school, and as soon as she graduated and finished her lessons she departed and made her own way, giving up her family and all that she had with them.

Instead she assisted the nobles, earning her coin and making a name for herself. A small home was created out in the country, a simple little home that belied to the beauty within, and her own little space that only a Mage or someone that knew what to touch could enter. There in her own little home, she gardened, and welcomed visitors - her home a safe, and welcoming stop to any Witcher that may desire to cross her hearth. Potions were sold, and created, from her own garden, and she loved learning how to create potions that the witchers may need or desire.
Currently Not Seeking New Rp Partners.

Kakihara

@Daena Approved.

I have a character and OCC thread up and I also refreshed the Discord link since apparently it was saying it was expired. Working on area threads and header so people can get started if they wish.

Madam Striga

Face: Tashi Rodriguez
Name: Zahia "Damson" Hameed
Birthplace: A city named Kilale, raised on the many trails of Ofir.
Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Bard
Faction: Her troupe
Theme Music: Second Confluence, Journey OST

Physical Description: Being neither particularly lithe, nor stocky, Damson has an average but pretty appearance. She has some curves in her chest and thighs, and a little extra fat around her belly and arms without appearing overweight. Her deep brown hair falls down to the base of her neck in natural, messy-looking curls. Damson has high-defined cheekbones adorned with freckles. Her countenance is, overall, sharp and angular in a striking way. Her eyes are a light, warm brown. She has smooth, clear dark skin. Damson's hands and feet are calloused from her instrumental practice and growing up bare foot much of the time, balancing on ropes and the like. Damson, like a chameleon, is able to adapt her style on the fly. She believes that in order to grow one much be open to change, and her wardrobe reflects her attitude. Although small, it encompasses half a dozen different styles, including a traditional robe from her homeland and more practical travelling garb.  Whatever she wears, her lute is always strung across her back just waiting to be played.

Defining Skills: Skilled at playing the 'Saz' lute, acrobatics, multilingual.

Personality: Damson has a youthful spirit, being bubbly, warm-hearted and friendly towards just about everyone she meets. Unless they give her a reason to behave otherwise. She wears her heart on her sleeve and seldom tells lies.  She is also slow to judge others. Damson personifies Ofir's culture of acceptance and tolerance, and is able to hold a conversation with just about anyone. Her idealism has a tendency to get her into trouble as she judges everyone she meets on face value. Damson also lacks the self-control that most people her age develop, and tends to make her decisions on impulses rather than thinking things through.

* Is rumoured to be a spy on account of being from a foreign land, and appearing almost 'too' friendly to some people.
* A strange woman capable of capturing any emotion with her compositions
* Entirely too reckless to still be alive. Dumb luck has to be on her side.
* Always up for a good time, no matter the hour of the day or the place she finds herself in.

Biography:

Born into humble circumstances, Damson spent her earliest years on a date farm outside of Kilale. The fields were worked by a dozen families in employ to a merchant, in exchange for roofs over their heads, clothes on their backs and a modest wage.

Living in a small one up-one down house with her mother and father, as well as her four siblings was not easy. It felt she was always knocking elbows with her sisters when they were home, or that her brothers were always fighting amongst each other as boys were want to do. Damson loved them very much, but they also made her feel incredibly claustrophobic. Her parents couldn’t understand why she would flee to the fields to be alone, or seemed to prefer nagging the other farm labourers for stories over coming back home in the evenings.

A free spirit like her was not meant to be cramped into one place for too long. Opportunity for the ‘freedom’ that she so desperately needed, came in the form of her uncle’s fortuitous visit when Damson was eight, that set her life on a new path.

Uncle Amir was a member of a travelling troupe of actors and bards alike who criss-crossed the nation of Ofier several times a year. As they went they would pick up new talent, and other strays, to add to their odd little shows, whilst others dropped from the life of travel to return to their families. It happened that they had room for another in their caravans and Damson jumped at the opportunity to travel, and meet new people. The idea of the open road sounded far more romantic that it often is in practice.

Damson doesn’t remember the arguments that ensued at her request to leave, how Uncle Amir was viewed as affable but irresponsible for shirking his duties as a man and not settling down. He should have had a settled home at his age, a wife and children, but instead he “lived in sin” with a singer in the troupe and showed no interest in becoming a father. Dragging their daughter to such a life was not something they wished to see happen, but in the end they relented on the promise of coin and to end Damson’s begging over how exciting it must be to travel, and to sing and to dance, never a moment still.

Thus her path in life was set.

From then on, Damson threw herself into the life of a travelling actor and performer. She learned music and dance and acrobatics as they went, picking up odd skills here and there from the others that joined the troupe. Her young at age the time proved advantageous in allowing her to learn quickly and learn through muscle memory, as she absorbed most of what her new peers tried to teach her. It was her uncle, though, who taught her how to play her lute for which she is enterally grateful. Though she favours a more sombre, lyrical tone to her music now, she learned to play on bawdy songs and playful ballads.

Venturing from her homelands was just an extension of her time spent amongst her troupe. Over the years she built a good reputation as a performer within the group, but as she matured, Damson strained once more against the confines of staying with one group of people for too long. She wanted to stand out and make a mark as an individual, with the benefits of fame and friends which could follow with that.

Thus, she made the bold step of hopping a ship leaving Ofier, and striking out on her own.

Kakihara

WhatLiesAbove

I'm in the midst of making an elf...however, I've come to a realization.

Aside from the show, I am completely in the dark.

I really do hope that my ignorance of the lore doesn't preclude me...this looks like a super fun game, and I've been itching for something medieval-esque!

Kakihara

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on September 01, 2020, 05:15:44 PM
I'm in the midst of making an elf...however, I've come to a realization.

Aside from the show, I am completely in the dark.

I really do hope that my ignorance of the lore doesn't preclude me...this looks like a super fun game, and I've been itching for something medieval-esque!
I set things way up north in lands that are not really touched too much, well other than Brokilon forest isn't too far off as it boarders the dual kingdom, just to avoid a lot of the major areas and keep it in an area not too explored.   I'm not being too strict with the lore, it's the guide to create the world to guide players but there are a lot of unknowns.  Like halflings and gnomes are mentioned but they are not experienced much in the game or books.  Though I've only read the first two books, the short story collections, I have to admit.   

WhatLiesAbove

Notorious

Because it seems appropriate to share this with the writer running this group story...

Malrunar

Quote from: Notorious on September 01, 2020, 09:47:37 PM
Because it seems appropriate to share this with the writer running this group story...

I mean... can someone make this happen?  ;D

DinaFlower

So question. If I want to play someone who is not a Witcher. But she fights with a hammer that is 2 times her size would that work? I would have to work in that either the hammer is enchanted, or she has been enchanted to wield it....

Kakihara

Quote from: DinaFlower on September 01, 2020, 10:11:55 PM
So question. If I want to play someone who is not a Witcher. But she fights with a hammer that is 2 times her size would that work? I would have to work in that either the hammer is enchanted, or she has been enchanted to wield it....
Yes, Man at Arms is a thing.  Witchers aren't normally that plentiful and there is lore of a special military group that just kills dragons, can't remember the name right now.  But the city would certainly need non Witchers to supplement their forces and provide cannon fodder, I mean extra protection.  ;D

Quote from: Yggdrasil on September 01, 2020, 09:52:53 PM
I mean... can someone make this happen?  ;D
Funny enough since I have a Mads Obession I often put his face claim as like the leader/owner... because..  ;D

Malrunar

I have a weakness for character lines around a man's mouth. 😂 That guy's... Right in the baby maker.

DinaFlower

Wonderful! If I can run this by you really quickly. So she is just some random girl who ended up either being enchanted to wield a hammer 2 times her size, or she happened across an enchanted hammer. Despite how insanely heavy it is, to her it is light as a feather. She has no idea how to fight, has had no training what so ever. She grew up as a maid, and now just works as a cook at the local inn. Her hammer is just something she just likes to play with until she realizes that it is a very effective weapon, at that point she just runs into a fight and swings it around all cray like. The plan there being that someone ends up taking her under their wing to show her how to use the hammer, that pretty much only she can use effectively.

No idea why, but I have always wanted to play a small person who fights with a comically massive hammer.

Timeless

Uh. Notorious, are you interested in joining the group game by any chance? Because if you aren't, it is a bit strange for you to share pictures when you may not be contributing much to the story. Also I find it a little tad rude but that is just me. >3<

Kakihara

Quote from: DinaFlower on September 01, 2020, 10:58:14 PM
Wonderful! If I can run this by you really quickly. So she is just some random girl who ended up either being enchanted to wield a hammer 2 times her size, or she happened across an enchanted hammer. Despite how insanely heavy it is, to her it is light as a feather. She has no idea how to fight, has had no training what so ever. She grew up as a maid, and now just works as a cook at the local inn. Her hammer is just something she just likes to play with until she realizes that it is a very effective weapon, at that point she just runs into a fight and swings it around all cray like. The plan there being that someone ends up taking her under their wing to show her how to use the hammer, that pretty much only she can use effectively.

No idea why, but I have always wanted to play a small person who fights with a comically massive hammer.
I'm not sure this will really work with the game concept honestly.

Notorious

Quote from: DinaFlower on September 01, 2020, 10:58:14 PM

Could always play a female Dwarf. They're really strong for good reason. : ]

DinaFlower

Quote from: Notorious on September 01, 2020, 11:04:56 PM
Could always play a female Dwarf. They're really strong for good reason. : ]

I am wanting her to not be strong. That is kind of the idea behind it. She is just this small little thing, who swings a massive hammer at you.

Notorious

Quote from: Timeless on September 01, 2020, 10:59:43 PM
Uh. Notorious, are you interested in joining the group game by any chance? Because if you aren't, it is a bit strange for you to share pictures when you may not be contributing much to the story. Also I find it a little tad rude but that is just me. >3<

Well I have been looking at Witcher type characters and faceclaims with golden eyes for about an hour and a half now to see if I can find something that I like for the sake of a character, yes, but I'm a little surprised that you find it rude. I was just trying to share with the writer who started the group because he's clearly an M.M. fan and this is a Witcher story, so 1+1=2.

Sorry. Didn't mean to bother or be rude.

Notorious

Quote from: DinaFlower on September 01, 2020, 11:06:34 PM
I am wanting her to not be strong. That is kind of the idea behind it. She is just this small little thing, who swings a massive hammer at you.

Ahhh, gotcha. Hmmm... well going with some sort of magic or enchantment does seem to be the only way then, huh?

Daena

Quote from: Notorious on September 01, 2020, 11:08:31 PM
Well I have been looking at Witcher type characters and faceclaims with golden eyes for about an hour and a half now to see if I can find something that I like for the sake of a character, yes, but I'm a little surprised that you find it rude. I was just trying to share with the writer who started the group because he's clearly an M.M. fan and this is a Witcher story, so 1+1=2.

Sorry. Didn't mean to bother or be rude.

I know I enjoyed the pictures, and Yggdrasil seemed to enjoy them as well. So thank you for sharing, Notorious!!!

And Yggdrasil is right...smack in the baby maker he was very appealing!
Currently Not Seeking New Rp Partners.

Kakihara

Quote from: Notorious on September 01, 2020, 11:09:15 PM
Ahhh, gotcha. Hmmm... well going with some sort of magic or enchantment does seem to be the only way then, huh?
The concept as is would not work so I don't think further discussion is needed in this thread, if you are interested you can privately PM the player as you don't have any interest in the game.

DinaFlower

Quote from: kakihara on September 01, 2020, 11:19:48 PM
The concept as is would not work so I don't think further discussion is needed in this thread, if you are interested you can privately PM the player as you don't have any interest in the game.

I am sorry! I will try to think up a new idea.

Aiden

Thanks to Bane, I found a face claim I wish to reserve. Working on the sheet now. Hoping to have it done by the weekend.

Totally going school of the bear

Kakihara

Quote from: Aiden on September 01, 2020, 11:56:23 PM
Thanks to Bane, I found a face claim I wish to reserve. Working on the sheet now. Hoping to have it done by the weekend.

Totally going school of the bear
I feel like Bane is feeding you inside info... but ok.  Reserved.  ;D

Aiden

I was going to use Tom Hardy at first, maybe make him from Skellige but then pivoted with this one.

Gonna see if it flies.

Kokaine

I have not the first idea who to use as a face claim but I am still going with a mouthy female merc with her own merry little band of troublemakers. She'll have some raw magical ability that gets her into trouble more than anything. If anyone has fc recommendations...
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Malrunar

Quote from: Kokaine on September 02, 2020, 12:15:54 AM
I have not the first idea who to use as a face claim but I am still going with a mouthy female merc with her own merry little band of troublemakers. She'll have some raw magical ability that gets her into trouble more than anything. If anyone has fc recommendations...

A battle we've all known!

Feel free to take or leave any you wish! Here are just a few. Maybe something will inspire you!   ;D

https://i.imgur.com/uNdLK9b.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ObiZzIW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/S04jpvv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/60io5zG.jpg

Kokaine

My O/Os

Malrunar

Quote from: Kokaine on September 02, 2020, 12:29:58 AM
Wow, Gorgeous! Thank you ^^

Happy to help a mouthy merc, any time!  ;D

Notorious

It's been brought to my attention that I have been blatantly rude and/or disrespectful to the writers in regards to this group game. It was my intent to express interest and take part in the planning of the story within which you all have been collaborating for a fun little journey together. I'd like to apologize for that and assert that I had absolutely no idea that I was acting rudely or presenting myself in any negative way. It was not my intent to cause anyone any trouble or upset anyone the way that I have, so please disregard my minor additions to the conversation and consider my potential part in the story to be hereby revoked.

On a brighter note I do hope that you all have an absolutely delightful journey together and share in an abundance of excitement, drama and romance along the way!

Have a great day, everyone! : ]

- N

DummieBlondie

Quote from: DummieBlondie on August 26, 2020, 01:00:42 AM

Sorry some RL issues have come up, I will try to post the character sheet by weekend.

Deamonbane

Quote from: kakihara on September 02, 2020, 12:01:44 AM
I feel like Bane is feeding you inside info... but ok.  Reserved.  ;D
I have no idea what you're talking about >.>

WhatLiesAbove

Name: Verra aep Golin
Race: Aen Seidhe
Birthplace: Verra is unsure exactly where she was born. However, it is known that she was raised on the Island of Thanedd, and attended the mage school of Aretuza.
Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Sorceress
Faction: Mage
Theme Music: Song of Durin
Physical Description: It is hard to tell exactly what Verra's hair color is. Depending on the lighting, it can shift to either bright crimson, or a void-like black. Her eyes however are absolutely hypnotizing. Bright blue seems to entrance any who gaze upon them, her full lips seeming to give a smile that would make even the most noble thing unpure thoughts. While her locks tend to hide the point of her elven ears, there is no denying her heritage with her height. Standing at six foot even, she tends to tower over most women...and many men at that. There are hints that it is difficult to tell elven women from elven men. However, the curves that Verra holds gives no doubt as to her gender. She has an almost ethereal beauty, and tends to wear clothing that would accentuate her curves.
Defining Skills: Archery, knowledgeable in schools of Alchemy and Elemental magic. While able to use all four elements, Verra is focused more on Fire-magic, and has secretly been studying Necromancy.
Personality: To many, Verra seems like a brooding type. Of course, that can come after a lifetime of being attacked and scorned simply for her elvish blood. She is slow to trust, but when that trust is finally given it is infallible. Those who break her trust are rare to be seen again, as she will have no problem in making them learn a difficult lesson. This means that her circle of friends is small, but incredibly tight.
  • Nilfgaard spy - Being an elf, it is easy to deduce that Verra has been sent to infiltrate the realm of men
  • Communes with beasts - Spending much of her time in the woods, some mistake her for a druid
  • Hates Humans - Most humans to her are untrustworthy, so they all think she hates them.

Biography:  Verra did not have an easy life. She cannot remember exactly where it was she was born, but remembers being taken in as a Source at a very young age. Being as she was born close to the academy Aretuza, Verra ended up becoming a long-time student. Some considered her to be stupid in the ways of magic...but since she never went mad, it was easy to see that she was always learning.

Upon her adolescence, Verra quickly came into her abilities, being able to perfect them. It was always said that necromancy was a forbidden art, and had the teachers ever found out about her desire to try and speak to her dead parents, they would have quickly put an end to it. However, Verra was able to begin to learn how to commune with the dead in secret. This opened up a whole new door to her, well past the simple potions and tricks that her teachers made her learn.

Still, there was an inherent evil in the learning. It is why to this day Verra has a  ghost hovering around her. It is rare that it comes out, especially when she is around in the city. Verra and the ghost Jax have an understanding...Jax is stuck between the realms of the living and the dead until Verra figures out a way to release him, or she herself is killed. Therefore, she will give some time alone talking with him, trying to find a way to release him into the here-after. In return, Jax does not make himself known when there are others about. It helps them both, as he is able to keep her appraised of who may be near, especially when she is concentrating on something.

Kakihara

WhatLiesAbove

Aiden

Name: Kaan of Ofir
Birthplace: Unknown 3-6 Novigrad, 6+ Haern Caduch (Bear Keep)
Orientation: Heterosexual
Faction: School of the Bear
Theme Music: The Misty Mountains, with extra bass
Physical Description:
Kaan appears more bear than man when fully suited. His long hair usually hangs loose, blended in with the furs that decorate the padded mail, splint and plates that make up his armor. He is tall by all human standards, with a wide set of arms, shoulders and chest. Kaan's body weight fluctuates, usually heavier when coin is flowing but lighter when contracts are sparse or he has run across a string of bad luck.
Defining Skills:
Quen - Kaan's continued mastery of the Quen shield has added to his resilience in combat. Capable of taking increased damage for much longer than a standard sign, it also explodes violently around him when it reaches its capacity, stunning and knocking back both monster and human without mercy.

The Brewing Bear - His wares are not safe for anyone beside witchers. In his travels he has learned and frequently uses decoctions and potions. He is very interested in new herbs, recipes and any history about them.

Blacksmith - While no master by any means, his skill has slowly increased over the years.

Personality: The intensity in his eyes are a side effect from the trail of the glasses. At first look, many would rather avert their gaze than match it. It is that initial impression that keeps people at a distance, beyond the reputation that follows all Witchers. A loner by profession, rarely does Kaan come across a familiar face, human lives being so short in turbulent times and crossing witchers on the path are a rare occurrence. Kaan has a calm demeanor to him, slow to anger but vicious if provoked. "Don't poke the bear in the eye" would be wise around him. He enjoys a tankard of ale and a story, curious of lands beyond the continent or battles and wars throughout time. A bawdy song or tale are among his favorites when fortunate enough to stay in a tavern which can leave him roaring with laughter.

The Balad of the Sea Bear - A song of an unnamed Witcher from the School of the bear who fell overboard somewhere in the Skeillge Islands and lost to the waves. The song goes into detail of the Witcher surviving by draining a Keg of Ale to stay afloat, came across a flock of harpies, fucked them and convinced them to drag him on his barrel to the nearest island. While the song never credits his name, It pepper many references eluding to Kaan into the tale.

The Immovable Object - The Battle of Burned Pass, Kaan took a contract to assist a village against raiders. Unaware he was being brought into a larger conflict between warring dwarf clans. When the battle swayed in favor of the enemy, he and a handful of dwarven warriors volunteered to buy time for the fleeing women and children by holding a vital bridge. Fighting side by side with the other dwarven defenders, they fought until the rivers ran red with blood and the bodies of the failed attackers created their own barrier. The horn to retreat was called and the survivors were celebrated. Kaan continued working with the dwarves, fighting for over a year until the winter winds and the conflict came to an end. Kaan spent the winter in Mount Carbon, warmed by the forges and drunk by the best ale Mahakam had to offer. The tales told and retold that winter claimed he was a Wall of Steel and Fury that spread from tavern to tavern since then. The Elder Chief awarded him a Leaden Ring should he ever wish to venture back into the mountain passes.

The Giant Dwarf - Kaan's time in the mountains have earned him the name The Giant Dwarf. He loves a good ale, a brawl and a bawdy song just as much as the next dwarf.

Biography:

Kaan was a toddler when he arrived at the Port of Novigrad aboard a Oferi trading vessel. The short exchange of goods was meant to be temporary but ended violently. The ship never returned back home and any surviving members of the crew were in no position nor power to see to the safe return of the boy. The lost and wailing child was dropped off at an orphanage that was worse than living in the gutter. Forced to service and fend for himself as he grew, he took to stealing, pick pocketing until he crossed the wrong mark, a Witcher. He was foolish enough to draw a dagger then run. The burly witcher laughed and ended up tossing the boy a coin after dleiving a vicious kick to the gut.

That would have been the end of it if Kaan didn't refuse to let it go. Following the witcher, their second exchange ended less violently. By the third time, they did not part ways as he was taken without much resistance. Having never seen the world outside of Novigrad, it took them months to get back to Haern Caduch were he would learn more than he ever imagined.

Finding family for the first time, he absorbed information zealously, his body catching up with him as he aged. During the years he would ask the burly witcher of his travels when he came to settle during winter. The trials were kind to him when it had been cruel to those he considered his brothers. When he set off on the path, the Burly one gifted him a sword made to his size.

Kakihara

@Aiden Approved.  Sounds like he should be a fine addition to the town.  ;D

Kakihara

also I finally realized that the Discord link I've been using had an expiration date and figured out how to change that so... yeah, should work now.

Xunthrae

Are you all still looking for more? I've got a bit of a concept for a male mage bouncing around my head

Kakihara

Quote from: Xunthrae on September 09, 2020, 08:40:08 PM
Are you all still looking for more? I've got a bit of a concept for a male mage bouncing around my head

Yes, we are still accepting characters.  We have a sand box concept so we have room.

Xunthrae

I'm not the most well versed in Witcher Lore, so if I got something a bit wrong, please let me know  ;D

Caerlin Orza
Name: Caerlin Orza
Birthplace: Born in a small hamlet but was raised most of his life in Ban Ard
Orientation: Homosexual
Profession: Mage
Faction: Ban Ard
Theme Music: Missio - The Darker The Weather, The Better The Man
Physical Description:
Defining Skills: Geokinesis, Hydromancy, Telekinesis, Architecture, Painting
Personality: Curious, Kind, Direct, Patient, Uncompromising
-Has built several buildings for Ban Ard and nations that commission his expensive skills.
-Can be difficult to work with
Biography: Caerlin was born into a small farming community. His life was simple until his magical talents began to reveal themselves. The mages of Ban Ard quickly plucked him from his rural life. His transition to life at the magical academy was difficult, but over several years he began to become accustomed to the very different lifestyle.

He avoided the pitfalls that many of Ban Ard students fall prey to. Instead of whoring and drinking with his other students he focused on his studies. One of his teachers noticed his aptitude for Geokinesis and guided Caerlin's training and pushed him to become the best he could be. The lessons were harsh and took much of his time. By the end of them, however, he had become an accomplished mage.

After his training was complete he began a career as an mage architect, working for Ban Ard when they requested and for nations that could pay for his typically expensive services.

Kakihara

Quote from: Xunthrae on September 11, 2020, 09:22:31 PM
I'm not the most well versed in Witcher Lore, so if I got something a bit wrong, please let me know  ;D

Caerlin Orza
Name: Caerlin Orza
Birthplace: Born in a small hamlet but was raised most of his life in Ban Ard
Orientation: Homosexual
Profession: Mage
Faction: Ban Ard
Theme Music: Missio - The Darker The Weather, The Better The Man
Physical Description:
Defining Skills: Geokinesis, Hydromancy, Telekinesis, Architecture, Painting
Personality: Curious, Kind, Direct, Patient, Uncompromising
-Has built several buildings for Ban Ard and nations that commission his expensive skills.
-Can be difficult to work with
Biography: Caerlin was born into a small farming community. His life was simple until his magical talents began to reveal themselves. The mages of Ban Ard quickly plucked him from his rural life. His transition to life at the magical academy was difficult, but over several years he began to become accustomed to the very different lifestyle.

He avoided the pitfalls that many of Ban Ard students fall prey to. Instead of whoring and drinking with his other students he focused on his studies. One of his teachers noticed his aptitude for Geokinesis and guided Caerlin's training and pushed him to become the best he could be. The lessons were harsh and took much of his time. By the end of them, however, he had become an accomplished mage.

After his training was complete he began a career as an mage architect, working for Ban Ard when they requested and for nations that could pay for his typically expensive services.
@Xunthrae looks good, approved.

Kakihara

Added some Rules to the main game info to help clarify some things and also put posting on a steady path.

Kakihara

We have a good group going so far and the strange city thread is up now so soon the exploring shall begin.  We are still open for more members and still early enough in not to feel lost.

Kakihara

Nudging this as we have had some go awol but we have a good core group.