O/Os v2 - incest?

Started by Haibane, May 25, 2010, 06:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

I can't find a heading in the new O/Os system that covers the above subject. I thought it might be under 'fetishes', 'kinks' or even 'perverting nature' but I can't see it. Is it in there? If so where please? If it's not could it be added please? Thanks!

Vekseid

Hmm. I usually try to split it up for a pair... ideas of where it should go?

Nyarly

I think it fits best under Perverting Nature. After all "being related to each other" is sexualized here. Fetishes don't fit, because incest says nothing about the acts itself.

Haibane

Perverting nature was where I thought I might find it, though technically I suppose its not, it just feels right in that slot.

Ty

Well, another question might be how many members only want specific variations of incest? Obviously the preferences system is meant to be broad enough to search usefully, but Incest might be worth it's only expandable field if the splits are strong enough.

Haibane

My experience on E is that 'incest' implies parent with child (or grandchild!) and sibling with sibling. I've known people to say cousins isn't really incest (which actually by law in the UK it's not - first cousins in the UK may have sexual relations and marry perfectly legally).

HockeyGod

Quote from: Ty on May 26, 2010, 10:43:26 AM
Well, another question might be how many members only want specific variations of incest? Obviously the preferences system is meant to be broad enough to search usefully, but Incest might be worth it's only expandable field if the splits are strong enough.

I guess one could say the same with furries - what type, etc. I think that this gives a general understanding that the person is interested in this genre and then you can look at what he/she plays to determine if it is m/m; f/f, m/f; other.

Ty

I mean more splits between sibling, or parent/child and such. But it's not an area I'm well versed in. It does sound though that it wouldn't need to be split for the purposes of the O&O system. People's handwritten sections can specify any limitations, plus of course it's hardly the kind of thing to turn up in the middle of scene.

Oniya

I think it's a popular enough kink to need an entry, but varied enough that having a separate split to it would be a bit much.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

And open up a can  of worms I'd really rather not, I'll just put it under 'perverting nature' for now. Added.

Haibane

Thanks Veks. That was all I was seeking, just the heading. Those who find it of interest can elicit further information by a PM.