(Sandbox Game) True Blood (Looking for a Vampire King!)

Started by TheHangedOne, June 28, 2011, 09:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

So, I've always been fond of True Blood, and with the new season starting just the other day,  I thought I'd see if anybody else is interested in it.

For those that don't know, True Blood is based off the Southern Vampire Mysteries novels. It's set in the modern world, in a world inhabited by werewolves, fairies, shapeshifters, genuine magic, and vampires...and the vampires? They've come out of the coffin, so to speak! They're out in the open, everybody knows of their existence (though some choose to remain hidden away).

For more information on the series, click here.

My idea, however, is not to set this in the same area geographically; instead, I was thinking of setting it in New England, probably Boston, or another major city. The emphasis would be on custom characters rather than playing those from the novels/tv show.

This would also be a Sandbox Style game. For those that don't know what that means, it means their is no overarching plot; every character will be free to mingle as they wish, free to start up their own plots and events and stories.

Any questions? Comments? Etc?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

xwickedsmilesx

I am digging the idea,
Did you get to watch the second episode?
My favorite arch is finally starting ^ - ^

TheHangedOne

Only seen the first episode so far, got the other one on DVR.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Kuje

This sounds fun. I admit, I haven't watched the HBO version since the first season since I prefer the books, which I've read all of so far.

TheHangedOne

Glad to see some interest. If anybody has any friends they think might enjoy it, feel free to invite them.  :-) Ideally, we'd have a medium sized group of players before I came up with character sheets; 4-6+ interested people, you know?
Check out my poet tree!

LimitlessNikkie

abandoneddolly

TheHangedOne

Alright, so here's a character sheet for anybody that's still interested. Also, anyone else that hasn't shown interest yet but is interested, feel free to hop in! I am not setting any player cap.

Name:
Actual Age: (max age for vampires is set to 800 years old. if you really want to play something older then that, then talk with me on PMs; you'll need a very good reason.)
Apparent Age:
Sex:
Sexuality:
Race: (Accepted races for right now are Vampires, Werewolves, Shapeshifters, and humans that have fairy blood in them)

Powers: (If a normal human, leave blank; if a human with fairy blood, you may have one type of psychic ability. Everybody else, list what powers are common to your race, and how good you are at using them; for vampires, specify if you can or can not fly)
Skills: (What mundane skills do you possess? Writing, cooking, sewing, brewing..?)

Personality: (What kind of a person/supernatural critter are you?)
Brief History: (Though a particularly long-lived vampire may have quite a bit to put here.)

Ons:
Offs:
Check out my poet tree!

Kuje

Name: William Moore, usually goes by Will.
Actual Age: 24
Apparent Age: 20
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Straight.
Race: Human.

Powers: Notta
Skills: Writing, communication skills, disc jockey, but mostly journalism. Photography.

Personality: Very inquisitive, it helps with the being a reporter. Good charisma, and very outgoing.
Brief History: After high school, he went to the New England School of Communications and when he finished his degree, he was hired by one of the scandal sheet papers, which is his current job. He likes it because he can make up stories, and sometimes no one knows if they are real or false. Plus, it allows him to travel, even if it's only locally. On the weekends, he is a part time DJ on the radio or at a club.

Ons: Willing to try anything new. He's done a little bondage with one girl friend but she wasn't into it that much. So, still learning.
Offs: Scat, watersports.

http://illbeok.com/gallery/albums/Male%20Models/Gabriel%20Aubry/gabriel-aubry-model-photos-05012010-08.jpg

Primarch

Saerrael

Keeping an eye on this to see how it will evolve.

TheHangedOne

Approved, Kuje. Also, glad to see more interest Saerra, Primarch.

By the way, if anyone has any ideas they'd like to contribute, things they'd like to see, feel free to mention it.
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 01, 2011, 08:16:10 PM
By the way, if anyone has any ideas they'd like to contribute, things they'd like to see, feel free to mention it.

Depending on how limitless you want the game to be, you may want to consider a maximum age for Vampires and the like. Just to avoid someone waiting until the last minute and making a character older then anyone else. "I are teh oldest, and most powerful, LOL, bow to meh." I exaggerate for effect, but it happens.

Saerrael

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 01, 2011, 08:16:10 PM
Approved, Kuje. Also, glad to see more interest Saerra, Primarch.

*smiles* I liked the vibe of the series.
I'll join, most probably, if I see this turning into something that carries that vibe.
There has to be room for M/M, though. If not, I'll but be wasting my time.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Primarch on July 01, 2011, 09:10:34 PM
Depending on how limitless you want the game to be, you may want to consider a maximum age for Vampires and the like. Just to avoid someone waiting until the last minute and making a character older then anyone else. "I are teh oldest, and most powerful, LOL, bow to meh." I exaggerate for effect, but it happens.
Advice taken.  :-)

Quote from: Saerra on July 01, 2011, 09:14:37 PM
*smiles* I liked the vibe of the series.
I'll join, most probably, if I see this turning into something that carries that vibe.
There has to be room for M/M, though. If not, I'll but be wasting my time.
It's all groovy with me; just a matter of finding someone bi/gay to go with you. If their's someone here on E you play withf requently and think they might enjoy it, why not invite them along?  :-) I, personally, will end up playing a straight male, as is my tendency.
Check out my poet tree!

Saerrael

Maybe. But I don't join groupgames to hang out with a set number of people ;)

Anyway, like I said, I'll be keeping my eye on this.

LimitlessNikkie

Name: Adar Hanson
Actual Age: 22
Apparent Age: 16
Sex: Female
Sexuality: bi leans towards males.
Race: Vampire

Powers: Strength - underdeveloped for her age, still able to overpower almost any human, Speed - exceptionally fast, Glamour - exceedingly talented, flight - non existant.
Skills: Adar can sing and dance, play piano, drive, write, act, draw and has an amazing memory, computer skills can find anything online, and knows mechanics.

Personality: Adar comes off happy and innocent. She is quick to smile and loves to laugh but can be exceedingly cruel. She carries a superiority with her from being a vampire that she holds over humans. She is drawn to strength and though is young can often be found in the company of older stronger vampires. She kills often and with out mercy and in the vampire world is a hunter with no respect  for the vampire rules unless enforced.
Brief History: Adar was killed the night of her birthday. She was grabbed from behind and drained while she screamed until she passed out completely. She woke up covered in a thin layer of dirt, moonlight shining down on her and the movements of a man beside her. She tried to reach out for the man tried to ask what was happening to her. But the man didn't look back and in a speed she could hardly process he was gone.

Adar got lucky after killing 4 humans in close proximity with no idea how to control herself she was taken in to a nest and taught what it meant to be a vampire. She moved on from them soon enough driven with the need to find her maker who seemed to regret her very creation. She's been searching but nothing more then her own odd development in powers and the vague glimpse of him during a fear filled night she had nothing to go on and soon became bored.

During the time away from the nest Adar caused problems. She was overly cruel and her presants could be tracked threw any area by following the bodies. Because of her botched lessons on vampire rights and her own savagery from being abandoned Adar had respect for no authority save those who could and actually would enforce it. She was given a choice swear to a king/queen and learn to mainstream or face consequences for the mysterious deaths of three vampires in areas she was known to be in. She chose to swear to a leader and main stream. It was the lesser of two evils and she hoped in time who ever it was would forget about her and she'd be able to sneak off and continue her search.

Ons: Aggressive personalities, bondage, and playing with her food.
Offs: Weak minded people, fang bangers, skat, excessive vore.

TheHangedOne

Approved, Nikkie.  :-) When we get a few more characters up, I'll set up a roleplay thread.
Check out my poet tree!

bubby

*Just STARES at Hanged for not inviting her*

Oh...and btw... I R TEH OLDEST AND MOST POWERFUL! BOW TO MEH!   :P

Lyria

I am very interested in this! I will have a character to submit shortly :)
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on July 02, 2011, 12:52:38 PM
*Just STARES at Hanged for not inviting her*

Oh...and btw... I R TEH OLDEST AND MOST POWERFUL! BOW TO MEH!   :P

Nuu, I are teh oldest j00 bow to meh!

bubby

*Blinks at Primarch*

NU! I r!

*Peers at* No seriously..I am the oldest..heh.

and just what would -you- be playing mister?

Lyria

Name:   Johnnie Chambers

Actual Age:  24

Apparent Age: 24

Sex:  Female

Sexuality:  Bi, but only has romantic feelings for men. Sexually is attracted to both sexes.

Race: Human

Powers: None

Skills: Electrical, plumbing, construction, car mechanic, boxing.

Personality:   Johnnie is a tough girl. She can be a bit surly and bitchy, but doesn’t go out of her way to be. She just doesn’t take crap from anyone. But inside she has a heart of gold, and would give friends the shirt off her back. Mostly she is quiet, communicating with looks and nonverbal clues. But when she speaks, she is direct and to the point.

Inside she is kind of lonely, but isn’t sure how to let anyone in. She drinks too much, and struggles to not let it affect her life. 

Brief History: She grew up in a large family; she was the youngest of nine children, and the only girl. As such, she was an extreme tomboy, and for most of her childhood strangers just assumed she was another one of the boys. They were poorest family in town, her dad a drunk and her mom weary. Kids at school made fun of them, and they fought back. They were wild, and had far too much free time and too little supervision.

Johnnie had a bit of trouble as a teenager, and a few minor infractions gave her a juvie record. Nothing overly serious…vandalism, malicious mayhem, fighting, underage drinking, and that kind of thing.

She had a hard time adjusting to the womanly body and appearance that she developed, and it made things even harder on her. She took up boxing to try and compensate, and was doing well in the female division when she suffered and injury and had to give it up. She went to work with one of her brothers who taught her construction and home remodeling skills, and she currently works as a handyman (woman). She also has a love of cars, especially muscle cars, and works on them in her spare time.

Ons: Like Masculine men that are confident, but not arrogant. Likes women that are feminine but self assured. Pretty much isn’t attracted to anyone wishy-washy or submissive to others. Bitchy women really catch her eye. Anything not listed in the offs she will try at least once, if she hasn’t already. She liked things on the rough side. She liked to be overpowered and restrained, but she is not submissive by any means. Fighting turns her on, and she likes to fight for control. But ultimately her male partner has to be able to overpower her, and female partners have to be able to put up a good fight.

Offs: Bodily fluids other than cum, blood may be the exception.

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

bubby

Oh, and I'll be submitting the Lillith character, with the Lumination. You know her Hanged. Vampire I'm thinking?

abandoneddolly

Name:Stephanie 'Sapphire' Jones
Actual Age: 19
Apparent Age:19
Sex: female
Sexuality: bisexual
Race: Shape shifter

Powers: can change shape  to other animals, her go to animal is a cat.
Skills: dancing

Personality: restless impulsive and charismatic, even Stephanie isn't sure what she is going to do before she dose it , sometimes, but she has enough charm that if that act gets her in trouble, she can usually talk her way out of it.
Brief History: - Stephanie is a dancer at a local club, going by her stage name Sapphire. Which her manager picked for her because of the color of her eyes. She doesn't usually stay in the same town for very long, but shes got a good thing going for her here. She lives in an apartment  close to the club she works at. Her house has five cats in it, not counting the strays who visit from time to time. Her refusal to get in an actual relationship of any kind, and  the fact that shes usual alone, has her neighbors titling her one of those crazy cat ladies.

Stephanie had a good childhood. She was raised by her mom in a stable household, and didn't have much to complain about. Her dad, whom she had developed her restlessness from along with her shifting ability walked out on them when they were young, Her mom had no idea of what secrets her father had manged somehow to keep from them. So when she first changed, her mother was surprised, and had no answers for her. She decided to try and track down her dad.

Ons-  is willing to try anything once, if you give her enough money for it  In bed she likes things a bit on the rougher side.

Offs- none