[Zombie/Post-Apocalypse] Survival: (Recruiting New Players)

Started by Laz, June 26, 2011, 09:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Works for me.  The added challenge should help balance out the ridiculously good stats.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Laz

Johnny's Character has high scores at Computer Use, Spot and Sleight of Hands. - Arent those skills similarly found in a video gamer XD  :o
Geeky Drug Dealer. I have seen it all.

TheHangedOne

Okay, so...
Ninja Chef
Geeky Drug Dealer
And, uh...Racecar thief? Racing pickpocket?  ??? Hmmm...  :-\
Check out my poet tree!

Laz

lmao. it seems so. he has background of being a pickpocket during his school days. cant believe I rolled a 99. reminds of fast and the furious. Thieves and racers.

TheHangedOne

Heh heh. By the way, seems like I jumped the gun when I said my character was done. I  need to retool his inventory, if that's alright with you.

Standard Issue Handgun
Seven inch folding pocket knife (or a chef's knife)
Insulin Pump
Continuous blood glucose monitor
Glucose Tablets (Two packages of ten tablets, used for immediate treatment of low blood sugars)
Triple A batteries (2, battery replacement for the pump and monitor. One battery lasts about a month in each device)
Three vials of Humalog (fast acting insulin; enough to last him about 27 days)
A fanny pack on his belt that contains the batteries, Humalog, and glucose tablets
Check out my poet tree!

Laz

5 items per character unless your character finds a bag/backpack along the way, though all starting characters aren't allowed bags and should be scavenged for it (bags will be a relatively rare item in game). tell me what 5 things you want from that list and I'll update it for you.

TheHangedOne

Not sure if items 'stack'; if they do:
Standard Issue Handgun
Insulin Pump
Glucose Tablets (Two packages of ten tablets, used for immediate treatment of low blood sugars)

If Not:
Standard Issue Handgun
Insulin Pump
Continuous blood glucose monitor'
Two vials of Humalog (fast acting insulin; enough to last him about 18 days)
Check out my poet tree!

Laz

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 27, 2011, 02:05:13 AM
Not sure if items 'stack'; if they do:
Standard Issue Handgun
Insulin Pump

If Not:
Standard Issue Handgun
Insulin Pump
Continuous blood glucose monitor'
Two vials of Humalog (fast acting insulin; enough to last him about 18 days)

Items can stack. weapons or items relatively larger depending on the size cannot be stacked. Items that are really large will take up two space. (examples are jackhammers, flag pole, etc)

Edit: Updated your sheet.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

MistressofPen

Hi.  I'm interested in being a...well, victim since I'm new to the world of structure. 

johnny5

Join the club, were all victims here ;-) but seriously if you need any help I'm sure any one of us would be more than willing to help you set something up :-)

Laz

I always welcome some fresh brains to stir in the mixing Vat.  ;D

Please read the rules and details of the game thoroughly on the very first post of this thread. Once done, you can now create your character following the guidelines and instructions displayed there. If you have any difficulties or questions you can ask anyone of us who have successfully completed their character sheet for some answers.

MistressofPen

*waves*  Thanks!

The Hanged Man is giving me a good lot of help.  Making up a character isn't the hard bit.  It's the details of the dice---intimidating slightly.  But, it is a challenge and I'm going to slap it about a bit until it just gives in.  That, or The Hanged Man will pick my corpse up, dust it off, and tell me where in hell I went wrong.

So, off to roll. 

And, by what I've read, life doesn't have any factor in the primary stats, just straight rolls. 

*LMAO---hitting POST is a very good idea, I'd guess...oy!*

Laz

Quote from: MistressofPen on June 27, 2011, 02:31:46 AM
*waves*  Thanks!

The Hanged Man is giving me a good lot of help.  Making up a character isn't the hard bit.  It's the details of the dice---intimidating slightly.  But, it is a challenge and I'm going to slap it about a bit until it just gives in.  That, or The Hanged Man will pick my corpse up, dust it off, and tell me where in hell I went wrong.

So, off to roll. 

And, by what I've read, life doesn't have any factor in the primary stats, just straight rolls. 

*LMAO---hitting POST is a very good idea, I'd guess...oy!*

Just go about it slowly. any questions you have on your mind just ask and dont hesitate to request for help. you'll do fine, and besides this game isn't going anywhere. should a real zombie outbreak occur in real life. this thread will still be here.  :P

TanaSilver

I love the zombie apoc genre, so I'm interested in joining up. I assume you're still taking new players, but I figured I should ask first anyway.

Thanks!
O/O

Laz

yes we are. feel free to submit your character when you are ready. there is no rush.

TanaSilver

Excellent, I will put one together. I have some time now.
O/O

TanaSilver

Here she is ...

Name: Cassie Randall
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Very dark brown
Complexion: Caucasian, slightly pale

Inventory:
• Handgun and some ammo
• Sewing kit she keeps in a bag at her waist
• A pair of walkie talkies
• A bag of food with a bottle of water

Appearance:

Cassie is a young woman with a fine featured face, dark hair and brown eyes so dark they appear nearly black as well. She has a slight figure, genetically gifted to not put on much weight, but also not much in the way of muscle. She has a graceful way of moving that implies, in a better world, she might have been a dancer. She is soft-spoken and carries herself with a lack of confidence, as though she is constantly afraid.

Personality:
Cassie is a nice girl, probably too nice for the world in which she now lives. The comets hit when she was a freshman in high school, and she only made it into a bunker because her father was wealthy and secured her a spot, even though he didn't make it in himself. Without skills, Cassie just got by as best she could in the bunker, doing whatever needed to be done. Having grown up in a luxurious household, and then spending time in the bunker followed by sticking with survivors afterward, Cassie has always lived in an environment where she has been taken care of. She is capable of hard work and shouldering her share of the load, but she is not accustomed to an unstructured environment. She becomes flustered when faced with a decision that doesn't have an automatic answer, and she tends to look toward someone else to lead her.

Background:
Cassie's father was an executive with a pharmaceutical company, and she grew up in luxury. She was never a spoiled child, but she also never wanted for anything. She was just entering high school when disaster struck and never really got to start her life. Going from a life of plenty to an existence of rationing was hard for her, but Cassie has adapted over the years. After leaving the bunker, she stuck with survivor groups, careful to never be alone. Her small size and graceful dexterity have made her a good lookout, and she often serves on recon duty, though she rarely physically engages zombies, preferring to leave that to braver and more capable members of her group.

Before the comets, Cassie was a typical, well-to-do teenager in her first year of high school. As such, she had no real skills when she entered the bunker. There, she did whatever needed to be done, primarily menial chores. After leaving the bunker, she has developed into a lookout and has nurtured stealth skills, her primary focus being to stay alive.

Stats:
Strength: 60
Dexterity: 66
Agility: 66
Constitution: 33
Intelligence: 28
Wisdom: 41
Charisma: 61
Luck: 66

Body Points:  93
Stamina Points:  66

Professional skills:
• Hide: 90
• Listen: 90
• Spot: 98

Regular skills:
• Climb: 83
• Move silently: 87
• Pistols: 59
• Search: 5
• Survival: 95

Spare time skills:
• Repair (clothing): 35
• Swim: 6
• Diplomacy (she likes to talk to people): 46
O/O

MistressofPen

Name:   Lauren Reed

Hair:  Dark Brown

Eyes:   Blue/Gray

Complexion: Caucasian, Fair

Inventory
Handgun
Hamlet
Notebook
Mechanical Pencil
MP3 Player loaded with the best music.

Appearance:   Lauren is five-foot-eight and athletically built.  She has dark hair which was cut short before entering the bunker and has grown out to hang to the middle of her back.  She generally dresses for comfort in old jeans and T shirts, preferring sneakers to pumps.  She’s average-looking, cute more than pretty with an upturn to the tip of her nose and untamable hair

Personality:  Lauren is comfortable in her own skin.  She is who she is and if someone doesn’t like her, she’s fine with that, not feeling any compunction to “make” people like her. This attitude is sometimes intimidating to people.  She’s found that she gets along best with law-enforcement types (cops, military, PIs, etc.)  She generally has a soft heart that she keeps well-hidden unless someone or something is in need of help.  She’s loyal and painfully honest, having to learn how to soften the blows of her opinions as she made more friends in the business world.  Like anything, she realized she needed to learn this and due to her agile mind, now she is able to find the right words to tell the truth kindly.

She does not see herself as a leader or spokesperson, but often friends would turn to her for answers.

Background:  Born to a single mother, Lauren was raised to be strong and independent.  Her mother’s attitude was “figure it out” and Lauren inherited this trait and took it a bit further to “if it’s broken, you can’t hurt it so figure it out” for repairing small electronics or even her own auto.  Her independence was put to the test when her mother died of cancer (pancreatic) when Lauren was 17.  She became an emancipated minor and put herself through college with insurance money, grants, and working as a waitress.  In her junior year in college, Lauren wrote a story.  Since the best stories are based on what you know, she wrote about a waitress who was also a private investigator.  Because she loved to learn things, Lauren took classes so she would be able to write about every stunt or activity her character would be performing, particularly enjoying martial arts.  The book sold and so she wrote another book; it was a reason to learn even more.  At the time of seclusion, Lauren held a small craft fixed-wing pilot’s license, a red belt in Taekwondo, had learned to shoot but hated it, could shoot a bow, knew the essentials to tracing people via computers but would never, ever hack a system to do so (not that she could), and was damned good at reading people’s intent (this from hours of ride-alongs with cops and viewing interviews as well as taking classes).

Her first book was going to be made into a movie, but the big rock came first.

Skills
Strength: 56
Dexterity: 33
Agility: 63
Constitution:   91
Intelligence:   49
Wisdom:  33
Charisma:  83
Luck:   95

HP: 147
Stamina:  182

Professional Skills
Computer Use:  57
Research: 85
Concentration:  90

Regular Skills
Profession (writer):  100
Unarmed Combat:   98
Gather Information:  82
Sense Motive:  82
Pistols:  31

Spare Time Skills
Yoga (bal): 30
Read (Int.): 37
Ride Horses:   16 

TanaSilver

I like how your inventory has a handgun and a mechanical pencil. I don't know why, that just struck me as funny! Your character description is a fun read.
O/O

MistressofPen

Quote from: TanaSilver on June 27, 2011, 01:55:42 PM
I like how your inventory has a handgun and a mechanical pencil. I don't know why, that just struck me as funny! Your character description is a fun read.

Your sewing kit made me think more personally and realistically!  So, it's all your fault she's carrying a mechanical pencil  :-).

PS When the dookey hits the fan, glad I'm not the only girl here....well, if they let us in...

Laz

Quote from: MistressofPen on June 27, 2011, 07:28:46 PM
Your sewing kit made me think more personally and realistically!  So, it's all your fault she's carrying a mechanical pencil  :-).

PS When the dookey hits the fan, glad I'm not the only girl here....well, if they let us in...

Both of you have been accepted, and your character sheet been placed with the group roster on the very first post of this thread. happy hunting.

though, Pen, I would like you to edit your exceptional skills.Tthere is no exceptional skill category and such those specific skills are used for combat and should be placed at the regular skill section. take out two regular skills you have already placed and insert the pistol and unarmed there.

johnny5

Laz

I'm working on opening up the game, on the light exotic small group section. and wil be finished in a few hours, later players can join the group if needed, for now we can start with the ones we have.

Question Mark

Is there still room for me?  I was just starting on my character when I noticed how long the thread is.  Just want to know for sure before I start working.