Maiden's Refuge (closed)

Started by Xillen, October 30, 2007, 07:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xillen

Checked out the current hunter roster, and considered that I could do with an additional hunter player or two as well.

Taking over one existing character is possible, but new characters can also be added.

Paradox

If you'll be on a little later tonight, I'd be glad to draw up a new hunter. I'm familiar with the 3.5 rules and I have all the core books, as well as number of the supplements and Complete series, so there'd be no delay due to having to teach me the system or guide me through the creation process.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Xillen

Define later tonight :P I'm living in Europe, though I'm not gonna crash that early.

Did you have a class in mind?

Trieste

Paradox

Later tonight as in, say, four to six hours from now?

A Goddess just called me fresh meat...
*starts to sweat profusely for some inexplicable reason*

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Xillen

I'm probably gonna crash somewhere between four and six hours from now, whenever my mind will stop working.

Oh, and don't worry about Trieste, her character's actually property of the Hunter group :P

Paradox

Could you give me a quick run-down on the story line? I'm reading through some of the posts, but a concise description would help too if you have time

Xillen

Rennell (Zaer's character) was ordered to go after the escaped maidens. He sent some lackeys around the city (Kobal City, which is the capital city) to recruit any mercenaries to join him in the task. They left the city a couple of hours ago, but discovered that some kind of monstrous creature is roaming the countryside. Rennell wants to visit a nearby town to learn more about this pest.

If you roll a new character, you could come from the city, catching up with them. They could find you along the way, where you decide to join them, or you could be from the village that I think they're heading for right now.

Paradox

How about...

A half-elf cleric who has a distinct disdain for Elvenkind? He'd be wandering nearby the party's area and meet up with them before they made it to the village?

or

A Gnomish ranger, if you don't mind Small folks?

Paradox

Or if you want more stock characters for Hunting purposes, a Human ranger.

Xillen

We currently have a Cleric, a Ranger, a Rogue, and if Video's still on board, a Fighter, in case that might influence your decision.

A Half-Elf male could certainly hate elves with the story's background.

A Gnome would come from outside the country, and would be unheard of by most people, mostly mistaken for a large halfling, or perhaps a very slender Dwarf.

I actually don't encourage classes that highly resemble hunterlike features. You're a group, and will have to work as a group to deal with the encounters. Considering your goal, a Ranger is pretty useful, but Zaer has that covered. For the rest, it works out better with an Arcanist, a Divinist and a Skillmonkey, like normal. Most is actually covered, save for the arcanist, which is not required perse, considering it's relatively lowlevel, so pick whatever class you like.

Paradox

Okay well please save me a spot! I'll start crafting the sheet tonight.

One question, for stats:

Point buy system or on-site dice roller?

And one other-

What level should I make this character, when I draw him up?

Xillen

If you check the OOC thread at https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=11707;all

You will find a few posts of background information, followed by the rules for making a character. :)

Trieste

Take a look at the characters thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=11710.0

Also, there is a background story thread somewhere, and an OOC thread (https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=11707) that discusses the finer points of world setting, chargen, and house rules.

*is a helpful helpermonkey, yes she is*

*is not apparently quick enough to be a helpful helpermonkey before Xil posts* :(

Xillen

Aww... *hugs Trieste for comfort* Or would spanking be better? :P

Paradox

Oh.

Oh my.

Thank you for that! Having seen the allowed sources, I'll come up with something a bit more complex. Thanks again, and I'll PM you later today once I've done a bit more reading.

Xillen

Quote from: Xillen on June 21, 2008, 01:28:33 PM
Still hoping on interest from someone as a replacement.

There must be someone interested in playing a maiden, who's currently captured in the hands of a dryad who's using her for her own fun? :P

(Class abilities have not yet been used, so most of the characters stats can be messed around if desired).

Thanks to Coglio, I'm no longer looking for a replacement. :) However, I'm open for people that have a general interest in the game. It might be possible to squeeze someone in.

Quote from: Xillen on June 22, 2008, 02:40:03 PM
Checked out the current hunter roster, and considered that I could do with an additional hunter player or two as well.

Taking over one existing character is possible, but new characters can also be added.

With Paradox joining, we're no longer short, but if someone's interested, there would be room.

kongming

*mulls* I'm interested, but only if it's no trouble to add another. I mean, I am in plenty of games, so I won't cry if you say no, but I can't turn down an excuse to play with numbers and then play with the character attached to those numbers.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Xillen

Quote from: kongming on June 24, 2008, 04:30:16 AMI'm interested, but only if it's no trouble to add another.

Most likely, with the current interest, I might be able to form a seperate party, which would do away with the troubles of new players being pushed into the group. It's the same general story idea, and the same world, but these maidens have fled in a slightly different direction, so their adventures will be seperate from those of the existing group. They would receive their own unique encounters of course, not just a repeat of the other game.

Xillen

The second Maiden group is about to start. There is still room for one more maiden in that group, but only if I'm informed about it on short notice.
There is also room for one additional character in the hunter group. This character would be added to the existing hunter group.

Xillen

Sethite filled the last Maiden spot.

There is room for 1-2 hunter players, which can be of any gender.

Le RandomBloke

I'd be willing to play as a hunter, but alot of hand-holding would be required being new and all. So that's up to you.

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Xillen

Can you contact me over Chat or IM (they're in my profile)?