[Conditionally Full - Pathfinder] Planescape: Ragnarök

Started by TheKhan, January 04, 2012, 01:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKhan

Planescape: Ragnarök   

It has been winter for three years. All of Cis-Midgard is covered it snow and ice from the far northern forests to the great planes and jungles of the equator. All bonds of honor and brotherhood are broken, sons kill fathers, husbands leave their wives and the giants have come from Jötunheimr. All around the world, one word is whispered.

Ragnarök

Ragnarök

Ragnarök is coming...

The Destiny of the Gods awaits as the evil rule and the virtuous are enslaved. Like you. Captured by a band of Frost Giants, you have been marching through the mountains, exposed to the elements, and hunting down the last visages of civilization

“Get up maggots!”
Shouts the slavemaster as he dumps the bag that holds your equipment in front of you. “The locals say that a powerful wizard has cave-workshop here, so guess who gets to go in and get him? Try not to get yourselves blown up, we want to make a profit here.”

What is Planescape?
Planescape is one of the more unique fantasy settings that TSR came up with in the 90s. It focuses on the immortal realms, or planes, where Gods, Angels, Demons, Elementals, spirits and beings of pure thought reside. As do plain old mortals who have been given the opportunity to live there. Planescape focuses on beliefs, ideas and philosophy as much as it does adventure and glory. It is very heavy on symbolism, mysticism, the occult, religion and mythology. As you may have deduced from the game's title.

Why play Planescape?
What Planescape offers that many settings don't is sheer versatility in stories. Quite literally, all myths are true in Planescape. One minute you could be streaming scraps from Loki's table, the next you could be petitioning the archangel Gabriel for and ancient scroll. Free slaves sold from the Wastes of Athas then barter for good purchased on Middle Earth. With enough influence, you may even try to prove your worth by partying with Dionysius or battling Rakshasas alongside Indra and Rama. The Planes connect to every mortal realm and mortals have a story about it, it likely exists somewhere on the planes.

What type of adult roleplaying would we see in this game?
Really this depends on who wants to play and what they want to see. The only thing I wouldn't be cool with as a game master is anyone under the age of 18 being involved as a player. Many interesting and unique relationships can be formed, so expect at least some exotic content. I'm not a furry personally, but more than a few fiends and celestials are anthropomorphized animals, and there is at least one NPC such major NPC who's personality would mean she it extremely sexual, so you have been warned. Otherwise, up to you guys really. 

What type of game are you running?
This Roleplay will be a system game, using the Pathfinder rule set published by Piazo. That said, if you usually don't play system games, that's okay. I was already planning to start this game at 1st level (aka the simplest possible) already and when I asked for some advice on writing this initial post in my introductory thread, there were some non-system people who expressed interest. As such, I will be coming up with some materials to help teach the game. Of course, more experienced RPGers are more than welcome to join and if you've played D&D 3/3.5, this will all look very familiar.

What types of character can we play?
Pretty much anything. Cis-Midgard is very diverse and I've intentionally gone low detail so you can each craft your backgrounds as you wish, as long as the characters start in the captivity of the Frost Giants. I would prefer not to have people playing evil characters, although I will allow dark neutrals. That said, don’t let alignments stop you from playing a cool character. The end of the world is a time when strange things happen, so if you want to play something like a demon or a troll as a neutral or good character, go for it and we can justify it later. Also, the same alignment restriction does not apply to your allies, so it is possible to be friends with someone who is utter depraved.

Wait, we can play as things like dragons, but we are starting at first level? How does that work?
I happen to be a fan of the Savage Species sourcebook, so I'm always looking for places to use monster classes and Planescape happens to be particularly accessible to them. Keep in mind that some I may say no to or suggest a creature that may be easier to implement. Also, no one is making you play a monster, last time I ran a Planescape games, there were two elves, two humans and a dwarf even though I gave them the same offer of monster races. If you are new to Pathfinder, I do suggest you keep it simple as the learning curve will be a bit lower.

If we are new to the Pathfinder system, how do we build a character?
For now, just come up with a concept and I'll help you build a character that implements it, although keep in mind that you're first level, so you won't start off as Gandalf or Ned Stark. Over the next couple of days, I will try to get some stuff together that helps to explain the mechanics of the game. One of the nice things about Pathfinder is that it was released under the d20 Open Game Content (OGC) license, so everything you need to play, and then some, is available free and legally online. If you want to check it out you can head over to http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

There is a lot of information there though, so it might be overwhelming at first. Fear not, I will break it into more manageable chunks.

How many people are you looking for?
About three to five, depending how many people show interest.

Other Notes:
-Just a heads up about the setting. Magic can be a little different on the planes, and each plane affects the way spells are cast on it. Sometimes it won’t be easy, but their will be ways of pulling it off.
-I’m mostly focused on Roleplaying over combat, but when it happens in this game, it is intense.
-I’m going to be using a mix of classic Planescape adventures and original plot. Divine power is a major theme.
-Obviously sex is okay, but I’m more focused on roleplaying the adventure itself. That said, the Planes will give you a chance to have some *unique* relationships.
-Finally, if you have the chance and are unfamiliar with Planescape, I strongly suggest you go give the game Planescape: Torment a play. It can be picked up at GoodOldGames.com for ten bucks (and it’s on sale for five right now!). Normally I wouldn’t plug a video game, but this one really, really is good. You can also give Shemeska’s Planescape Storyhour a read over on Enworld. Awesome read, to the point where Todd is now employed by Piazo because of it.

The Party

Warrior Slot: Monk or Paladin played by Flying Tengu
Arcane Caster Slot: ? Played by That Blue Guy
Divine Caster Slot: Rhea 'Twiceborn' played by Callie
Sneaky Slot: Melody Moonsong played by Crowe
Variable Slot 1: Sweetwater played by Muse
Variable Slot 2:Elk by Blackshade10

TheKhan

Standard character sheet:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name  
Gender Race Class ??st lvl
Alignment

Str ??    -- (?? pts)<-- show pts if using the pointbuy system
Dex ??   -- (?? pts)
Con ??    -- (?? pts)
Int ??    -- (?? pts)
Wis ??    -- (?? pts)
Cha ??    -- (?? pts)

Initiative +??, Perception +??, Sense Motive +??
Speed ?? (base ??, load 0/33, armorcategory)

Hit Points ??
AC ??, Touch ??, Flat ?? ; CMD ??
Fort +??, Ref +??, Will +??

BAB +??
+?? Melee, weaponname, 1d6+??, 20/x2
+??/+?? Melee, weaponname/weaponname, 1d6+??/1d6+??, 20/x2
+?? Ranged, weaponname, 1d6+??, 20/x2, 30'r
+??/+?? Ranged, weaponname/weaponname, 1d6+??/1d6+??, 20/x2, 30'r
CMB + ??

Sizecategory, ??'??" tall, ?? wt, ?? yrs old
Colortype hair, colortype eyes, tonetype skin

Speaks languagename, languagename, and languagename

+?? Skillname (4)
+?? Skillname (4)
+?? Skillname (4)
+?? Skillname (4acp) add acp if susceptible to armor

Feats
-featname (optional brief summary here)
-featname (optional brief summary here)

Racename Traits
-brief summary
-brief summary
-brief summary

Classname Abilities
-brief summary
-brief summary
-brief summary

Classname Abilities
-brief summary of second class' abilities

--delete this section unless wizard, cleric, or druid--
Spells Prepared
0th- Spell1, Spell2
1st- Spell1, Spell2 (D) if domain spell
2nd- Spell1, Spell2 (S) if specialization spell

--delete this section unless wizard--
Spellbook
0th- All cantrips
1st- Spell1, Spell2, Spell3

--delete this section unless sorceror or bard--
Spells Per Day ??|??/??/??
0th- Spell1, Spell2
1st- Spell1, Spell2

--delete this section unless psion, wilder, or psychic warrior--
Power Points ??
1st- Power1, Power2 (D) if discipline power
2nd- Power1, Power2

--delete this section unless special things are listed--
Special
List any special abilities or miscellaneous information that doesn't fit anywhere else on this character sheet.  You can include animal companion stats, familiar's benefits and stats, horse/steed statistics, etc.

Write a long paragraph of character background and history here.  Try to take advantage of using this section to make your character interesting instead of just a "video-gamish" list of D&D statistics.  But don't write so much that it makes people's eyes fall out, keep it focused and stick to the highlights.

Write a paragraph that describes the characters personality, manners, attitude, motivations, likes, desires, goals, aspirations, fears, habits, quirks, and similar things.  Thinking about that stuff and writing it down will help you role-play much much better and your games will become more fun for you and everybody else playing with you.  Who knows, your role-playing might help you win an Academy Award someday (riiiight).

Write out another paragraph with details describing the way your PC looks when first encountered.  Make him/her unique enough so that your character isn't just another boring face in the crowd.  Also be sure to describe all your clothing colors and materials so that everyone isn't walking around looking like perfect clones wearing duplicate copies of Adventurer Jumpsuit Outfit #9!!

Armor (worn, ??wt) ??gp optional
Robe (worn, ??wt) ??gp optionally continue for each item below
Outfitname (worn, ??wt)

Medium Weapon or item (belt left, ??wt)
Medium Weapon or item (belt right, ??wt)
Tiny Weapon or item (belt front, ??wt)
Tiny Weapon or item (belt rear, ??wt)
Other items attached to belt (location, ??wt)

Bow or Crossbow (left shoulder, ??wt)
Quiver or Javelin Tube (right shoulder, ??wt)
Backpack (center back, ??wt)
Bedroll (below backpack, ??wt)
Other items worn on back or shoulders (location, ??wt)

Headband, Hat, Helmet (head, ??wt)
Lenses or Goggles (eyes, ??wt)
Cloak, Cape, or Mantle (worn, ??wt)
Vest, Vestment, or Shirt (worn, ??wt)
Ring (left ??th finger, -wt)
Ring (right ??th finger, -wt)
Amulet, Brooch, Medallion, or Necklace (worn, ??wt)
Belt (worn, ??wt)
Gloves or Gauntlets (hands, ??wt)
Bracers or Bracelets (wrists, ??wt)
Boots or Slippers (feet, ??wt)
Other minor accessories (location, ??wt)

Waterskin- water (backpack, ??wt)
5 Torches (backpack, ??wt)
Flint & Steel (backpack, ??wt)
Trail Rations- 1 days (backpack, ??wt)
Other backpack contents (backpack, ??wt)

Coins- ??gp, ??sp, ??cp (pouch, ??wt)
Gemname- ??gp (pouch, -wt)
Other pouch contents (pouch, ??wt)

Remove any items from this sample list that the character doesn't have.  Keep a blank line between the seperate categories (main clothing, belt things, shoulders/back, accessories worn, jewelry, backpack contents, pouch contents) to help organize the character.

The equipment listed should show where everything is usually carried during "hands-free" situations, such as when sitting in the tavern drinking an ale, or climbing up a rope in a dungeon, or carrying your unconscious companion's body back to town to be healed. Even though the character may typically carry certain equipment in his hands, writing your character sheet like this will help visualize where everything goes during any hands-free situations that come up.

TheKhan

These are some of the more technical details for people who are more familar with the use of Pathfinder.

Setting: Pre-Faction War Planescape. The game will begin on the Prime plane of Cis-Midgard, which is primarily dominated by Norse cultures, but is so large that almost anyone can be found there. The shift to the planes will come early, but Cis-Midgard should still play a role if everything goes according to plan. Also, expect it to be cold.
Edition: Pathfinder, 20 point buy
Starting Level: 1st.
Piazo Books: Core, Ultimates (including Psionics), Advanced Player’s Handbook
WotC Books: Frostburn, Deities and Demigods, Oriental Adventures, Savage Species, Tome of Magic, Liber Mortis, Draconinicon, and the Fiendish Codices are automatically approved. I’ll let you use just about any other source as well, I’m just less familiar with them, so please let me know first.
Other Sources: The Campaign Guide on www.Planewalker.com is also automatically allowed, and indeed required if you join a faction. I’m generally okay with stuff from Dragon Magazine, as long as I can find the issue and review it. 3rd Party stuff is a bit iffy, but I'll take a look and let you know if I can find it.
Races: Any. No really, any. Okay not quite. It needs to be sentient. That’s about it. The Frost Giants haven’t exactly been picky in choosing their slaves. Since Pathfinder generally avoids monster races, I’ll calculate ECL and class levels on my own. If the ECL ends up above 20 or may go against my better judgment, I reserve the right to say no, although I will try to suggest alternatives in such case.
Classes: Any from the approved sources.
Alignment: Only heroes need apply berk! Any non-evil.
Wealth: 200 gp
Factions: Since you’re starting on a Prime, no factions to begin with. To make up for this, when you do join a faction, you can gain one of their feats as a bonus feat.
Religion: Any and I’m okay with the use of Modern Religions if you are respectful. The Norse Pantheon dominates Cis-Midgard, but they are not the only gods by any means.

House Rules:

-Everyone gains two extra skill points per level (eight at first level) which cannot be lost due to low intelligence, raising the minimum per level to 3.
-Everyone can speak common. If you already have it, select a bonus language.

Mysterica

Wow...  Color me interested!  I honestly have no clue what race just yet, but I've been wanting to try out my two weapon warrior idea for a while now and this could be as nice a time as any to give it a shot assuming I make the cut.

Muse

*Grins*  May I play?

Perhaps as a Half Giant Wilder using Psionics Unleashed? I'm quite fond of Sweetwater.  :)

But I could come up with any number of concepts to help the story work better.  If no one else wants a divine caster, I'm happy to play a Cleric of Saranrae--or one of the Fearunian pantheon. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheKhan

Quote from: Muse on January 04, 2012, 02:06:03 AM
*Grins*  May I play?

Perhaps as a Half Giant Wilder using Psionics Unleashed? I'm quite fond of Sweetwater.  :)

But I could come up with any number of concepts to help the story work better.  If no one else wants a divine caster, I'm happy to play a Cleric of Saranrae--or one of the Fearunian pantheon.

Psionics Unleashed is totally cool! Although I do strongly suggest you guys bring a cleric with you.

Callie Del Noire

Muse

Sweetwater: 

Skin:  Light Tan
Hair:  Scarlet
Eyes:  Green

Height:  6'11"
Weight:  184 lbs
Bust:  D

Class:   Wilder
Alingment:  Easy Going Chaotic Good
Race:  Half Giant

"All I wanted was to travel, see the places my Uncle has seen, and write a cookbook. 

"These bastards have thrown me in chains, assualted my gods, made me their pawn, and taken my uncle's sword from me. 

"I will not forgive them." 

Background:
--Sweetwater was born to a tribe of Half Giants from the desert country of Calimshan on Toril.  Her father--Sunrazor--was a mercenary, merchant, and migrant worker with strength no human could match.  Her mother--Nightrose--devoted her later life to keeping his tent, but as a young woman was both a dancing girl and a fortune teller, bringing coin for herself and attracting attention to her clan's merchant wagons. 

Sweetwater idolized them both and fought hard to learn all that either could teach.  Nightrose's brother--an eccentric loremaster and powerful psion known only as Curiosity--told Sweetwater stories while she relaxed and helped her learn her letters.  He painted beautiful pictures of foreign lands and distant worlds the likes of which the desert child was hard pressed to imagine.  Only as she grew to maturity did she realize that Curiosity's clever tales and relaxing games were just as much lessons as any of the more grueling work she put herself through. 

Quite unlike the human women around them, the clan were all quite liberated.  There was no shame in taking a customer's coin for a night of pleasure of bedding a dozen friends before finding the ones you wished to form a family with.  Sweetwater eventually came to yearn for a man named Sandharrow, the mightiest warrior of their generation.  Despite her skill at the dance, he couldn't bring himself to see her as anything but a shield sister. 

"Sandharrow, I love you so much that it hurts.  I will leave now, and be gone for many years, but I will return before I loose my beauty, and I will bring with me a book I have written and mastered myself.  If I cook for you form this book food finer than any you've ever tasted, then you will know I am a woman and will take me to wife.  Do we have an accord?" 

Sandharrow gave a gentle laugh, but he was intrigued at the thought that the mighty Sweetwater might prove just as femenine as the other three girls--smaller, softer--that he had his eye on. 

So he agreed. 

Now no man in all the clan knew the outside world better than Curiosity, so she saught his aid before leaving.  The old giant presented her with the sword he once wore, "Let this blade--and these words--be your Shield little one.  Walk with your eyes open, miss no wonder, nor any trouble.  Seek not trouble, trouble enough will find you.  When it finds you, look it in the eyes so you know for sure it's trouble, and it knows that you know.  If it comes for you still, strike hard, strike first, and strike last." 

In a fanciful attire of scanty chain Sweetwater left her home, with the great deep crystal flamberge "Curiosity's Shield" across her back.  She traveled across Tethyr, through a portal, and into the planes. 

There she tried to aid an aasimar community against invading giants, but a chieftan--a jarl--named Eugthew amused himself by defeating her personaly.  He dashed her to the ground with a boulder and took curiosity's shield for his own.  When she'd recovered from her wounds, he kept her as a concubine for three weeks before tiring of 'his little toy'.  Then he equipped her with a humble steel flamberge and sent her to be a slave mercenary. 

Personality:  Despite all she's been through, Sweetwater is an easy going gal, quick to make friends and willing to forgive most enemies who make amends.  Questing to prove her femininity to Sandharrow won't stop her from enjoying the comapny of man or maid on the road--anymore than his agreement will stop him from taking his first three wives while she is away.  She loves to experience distant lands and cultures, and strives always to learn new recipes. 

Appearance: See above.  Just remember that she's almost seven feet tall... 

Race and Class:  Half Giant Wilder.  Sweet water will eventualy become a powerful 'blaster', but begins her career using her powers to augment her defenses. 

What your character believes in:
--Sweetwater has entrusted her soul to Selune, and upon her death that moon goddess will embrace her into paradise or cast her into the abyss.  Sweetwater takes for granted that the gods are part of everyday life, to be revered or appeased. 
--Sweetwater doesn't have many other firm convictions.  She, "knows evil when she sees it."  She thinks deep thoughts when the fancy takes her. 

Class:  Wylder 1

Strength   16   +3
Dexterity   10   +0
Constitution   14   +2
Intelegence   14   +2
Wisdom      10   +0
Charisma   16   +3

Hit Points   11

Armor Class:   10(14)   (+4 Inertial Armor)

Fortitude   0 +2 =d20+2
Reflex      0 +0 =d20+0
Will      2 +0 =d20+2

Base Attack: +0
--Melee +3
--Missile +0
----CMB +4
----CMD +14

Attacks: 
Large Greatsword: 
--TAB d20+3
--Damage 3d6+4
--Critical 19X2

Large Spear
--TAB +3/+0
--Damage 2d6+4/+3
--Critical 20X2
--Range 20'

Class Abilities: 
Psychic Enervation 15%
Surge Blast 1d6
Surge Bond: Warrior's Bond
Wild Surge +1
Power Points:  6
--Inertial Armor

Feats: 
Martial Weapon Proficiency: Greatsword

Racial Abilities:
Powerful Build
Saves Vs. Fire +2
Stomp L 1: 1/day.
Survival +2

Skills: 
Acrobatics      1 +3   +0      =d20+4
Autohypnosis      1 +3   +0      =d20+4
Dipilomacy      1 +3   +3      =d20+7
Knowlege: Psionics   1 +3   +2      =d20+6
Perception      1 +3   +0      =d20+4
Perform: Dance      1 +3   +3   +1   =d20+8
Survival      1 +3   +0   +2   =d20+6

Traits: 
Dancing Girl (original):  Perform is always a class skill for you, and you gain +1 to Perform: Dance. 
Desert Child: Benefit: You gain a +4 trait bonus on any saving throws made to resist the effects of being in hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on all saving throws against fire effects.

Equipment: 
Outfit:  Soft Boots, Chainmail Bikini, Red Cloak
--Adventurer's Satchel

Gear: 
--Flint and Steel
--Waterskin

Gold:  1
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blackshade10

I've never played Pathfinger, but have played 3.5 and 4e extensively, so I imagine the learning curve shouldn't be too hard.  Looking up information now. :)
*waves* I'm looking for RP!  Feel free to PM me!  I'm very open minded!

Crowe

I'm definitely still interested in this story. I will post a profile for approval soon. :-)

Edit: Here is a basic idea for the character (I don't know if there is a formal character sheet to fill so I just put basic stuff in)

Human / Aasimar traits

Name: Melody Moonsong / Astrid
Skin: white
Hair: Brown / Lilac
Eyes: Blue / Silver
Height: 5'6" / 5'9"
Weight: 120 lbs / varies

Race: Human / Aasimar
Class: Bard
Alignment: Neutral Good / Neutral
Home: Unknown
Companion: None / formerly Pegasus horse named Lightwing

Weapon(s): Flute / formerly holy weapons = Rapier and Shield (transforms into various musical instruments--primarily a Violin)
Armor: Leather & Silks / formerly Metal Armor & Helm
Abilities: Common, Celestial, & Elven language; Celestial Resistance; Darkvision; Object Reading; formerly assume Aasimar form

Bio: Once of the Celestial race of Aasimar, Astrid was sent to investigate the rumors of Ragnarok. But while traveling through planes, she felt a jolt of pain through her body and lost consciousness. Unbeknownst to her, her clan had been attacked by giants and desecrated their holy temple. At the time, Astrid was in her human form of Melody Moonsong. She lost her connection to her home and kin. Her powers and memories vanished, and she was left as a mere mortal. She even lost her faithful mount, Lightwing. Traveling in search for her identity, she realized she had natural talents as a Bard. Her journey is to recover her memories and relearn the abilities she once had.

Beliefs: Though she sees most things with an objective eye, she tends to lean towards doing what is considered right.

Personality: There is certainly a naivete about her curiosity due to her lack of memories, but her often expressionless manner of speech can leave people confused as to her motives. She is most expressive through her music, and all the different tunes she is able to play. She is not always void of emotion, however; she is brave and direct, and her stubbornness comes through sometimes. All in all, behind her seemingly cold exterior lies a kind and warm human that just doesn't know how to surface.

Notes:
- Her true form as an Aasimar reveals itself on its own and usually for short periods of time.
- The holy weapons were crafted by Dwarfs and are made to be able to change shape to disguise themselves in the mortal world.

Standard character sheet: WORK IN PROGRESS
Name: Melody Moonsong (formerly Astrid)
Gender: Female   Race: Aasimar (Valkirie Lineage)   Class:  Bard 1st lvl
Alignment:  Neutral Good

Str 12    -- (2 pts)<-- show pts if using the pointbuy system
Dex 14    -- (4 pts)
Con 12    -- (2 pts)
Int 12    -- (2 pts)
Wis 14    -- (2 pts)
Cha 17    -- (8 pts)

Initiative +2, Perception +7, Sense Motive +4
Speed 30 (base +0, load 0/33, armorcategory: Light)

Hit Points 10
AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 12 ; CMD 13
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +4

BAB +0
d20+1 Rapier, 1d6+1, 18-20/x2
d20+1 Combat Flute, 1d6+1, 20/x2
d20+2 Star Knife, 1d4+1, 20/x3, 20'r
CMB +1

Sizecategory: Medium, 5'6" tall, 118 wt, 22 yrs old
Brown hair, Blue eyes, Caucasian skin

Speaks Celestial, Common, Giant, and Sylvan
d20+5   Diplomacy (Untrained)
d20+7   Knowlege: The planes
d20+7   Knowlege: Religion
d20+2   Knowlege: (Untrained)
d20+8   Perception
d20+7   Perform: Dance
d20+7   Perform: Strings
d20+7   Perform: Winds
d20+7   Use Magic Device

Feats
-Dirge Bard (songs that captivate even the dead to rise from their graves)
-Songhealer (soothes the hearts of others to relieve them of anger, anguish or sorrow)

Racename Traits
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/monsters-as-pcs

Classname Abilities
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard

--delete this section unless sorceror or bard--
Spells Per Day:
0th- Light, Mending, Message, Spark
1st- Chord of Shards, Cure Light Wounds

--delete this section unless special things are listed--
Special
-As an Aasimar, she had her winged horse companion, Lightwing.

Once of the Celestial race of Aasimar, Astrid was sent to investigate the rumors of Ragnarok. But while traveling through planes, she felt a jolt of pain through her body and lost consciousness. Unbeknownst to her, her clan had been attacked by giants and desecrated their holy temple. At the time, Astrid was in her human form of Melody Moonsong. She lost her connection to her home and kin. Her powers and memories vanished, and she was left as a mere mortal. She even lost her faithful mount, Lightwing. Traveling in search for her identity, she realized she had natural talents as a Bard. Her journey is to recover her memories and relearn the abilities she once had.

There is certainly a naivete about her curiosity due to her lack of memories, but her often expressionless manner of speech can leave people confused as to her motives. She is most expressive through her music, and all the different tunes she is able to play. She is not always void of emotion, however; she is brave and direct, and her stubbornness comes through sometimes. All in all, behind her seemingly cold exterior lies a kind and warm human that just doesn't know how to surface.

Armor: Form fitted white leather armor.
Explorer's Outfit

Medium Weapon or item (belt left, ??wt)
Medium Weapon or item (belt right, ??wt)
Tiny Weapon or item (belt front, ??wt)
Tiny Weapon or item (belt rear, ??wt)
Other items attached to belt (location, ??wt)

Backpack (center back, ??wt)
Bedroll (below backpack, ??wt)
Other items worn on back or shoulders (location, ??wt)

Waterskin- water (backpack, ??wt)
5 Torches (backpack, ??wt)
Flint & Steel (backpack, ??wt)
Trail Rations- 1 days (backpack, ??wt)
Other backpack contents (backpack, ??wt)

Coins- 35 gp, 9 sp, 10 cp (pouch, ??wt)
Other pouch contents (pouch, ??wt)

Callie Del Noire

Name: Rhea 'Twiceborn'.
Race and Class: Drow Cleric (with possible fighter levels later)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Appearance:
Skin:  Light Brown
Hair:  Blonde
Eyes:  Green
Height:  5'11"
Weight:  134 lbs
Character Sheet

RHEA, ELLIQUIY VERSION   CR 1/2
Male Drow Cleric 1
CG Medium Humanoid (Elf)
Init +1; Senses Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision; Perception +6
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14. . (+4 armor, +1 Dex)
hp 8 (1d8)
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +5
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities; SR 7
Weakness Light Blindness
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 20 ft.
Melee Sword, Bastard +0 (1d10/19-20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +0 (1d3/20/x2)
Ranged Sling +1 (1d4/20/x2)
Spell-Like Abilities Dancing Lights (1/day), Darkness (1/day), Faerie Fire (1/day), Rebuke Death (6/day), Touch of Good (6/day)
Cleric Spells Known (CL 1, 0 melee touch, 1 ranged touch):
1 (2/day) Shield of Faith (DC 14), Protection from Evil (DC 14), Sanctuary (DC 14)
0 (at will) Stabilize, Detect Poison, Purify Food and Drink (DC 13)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 16
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 11
Feats Selective Channeling
Skills Acrobatics -1, Climb -2, Escape Artist -1, Fly -1, Heal +7, Perception +6, Perform (Dance) +4, Perform (Sing) +4, Ride -1, Spellcraft +5, Stealth -1, Survival +4, Swim -2
Languages Draconic, Elven, Undercommon
SQ Aura (Ex), Channel Positive Energy 1d6 (6/day) (DC 13) (Su), Cleric Domain: Good, Cleric Domain: Healing, Poison Use (Ex), Spontaneous Casting
Combat Gear Armored Coat, Bullets, Sling (20), Sling, Sword, Bastard; Other Gear Backpack (19 @ 44 lbs), Bedroll, Blanket, winter, Flint and steel, Holy symbol, wooden: Eilesstree, Lamp, common waterproof, Oil (1-pint flask) (10), Pouch, belt (3 @ 1 lbs), Tent, Small, Waterskin (5), Whetstone
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Aura (Ex) The Cleric has an aura corresponding to his deity's alignment.
Channel Positive Energy 1d6 (6/day) (DC 13) (Su) A good cleric can channel positive energy to heal the living and injure the undead; an evil cleric can channel negative energy to injure the living and heal the undead.
Cleric Domain: Good Granted Powers: You have pledged your life and soul to goodness and purity.
Cleric Domain: Healing Granted Powers: Your touch staves off pain and death, and your healing magic is particularly vital and potent.
Dancing Lights (1/day) (Sp) Cast Dancing Lights once per day.
Darkness (1/day) (Sp) Cast Darkness once per day.
Darkvision (120 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Drow Immunities - Sleep You are immune to Sleep effects.
Elven Immunities +2 save bonus vs Enchantments.
Faerie Fire (1/day) (Sp) Cast Faerie Fire once per day.
Light Blindness (Ex) Blinded for 1r in bright light, dazzled as long as they remain in it.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Poison Use (Ex) You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
Rebuke Death (6/day) (Sp) Heal 1d4 damage to creatures at negative HP.
Selective Channeling Exclude targets from the area of your Channel Energy.
Spell Resistance (7) You have Spell Resistance.
Spontaneous Casting The Cleric can convert stored spells into Cure or Inflict spells.
Touch of Good (6/day) (Sp) Grant +1 to skill checks, ability checks and saving throws for 1r.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.
Personality: Typically she is a bit mischievous and a trickster, with verbal jabs and a strong carousing habit. She also has a fiery temper for that threaten the innocent and do evil. She particularly dislikes the undead for some reason she can't quite recall from her past life.

What your character believes in: Rhea believes in good and doing the right thing. Things like slavery, abuse, evil practices like necromancy and such bring out a fiery fury that pushes her to combat it as best she can. She cannot help but speak out on how to judge folk by their actions and to call out those who are wrong when she sees it.
Feats:
--Selective Channelling

Traits:
--
--

Background: She remembered little of her past life upon waking in a ritual circle. An older half-elf preistess of a moon goddess had found her dying in the wastes and used a reincarnate spell to bring the dying Rhea back to life. As a drow like herself. Rhea has undertaken the worship of the 'Dancing Maiden' and wandered the lands looking for plots to foil, adventures to have.

TheKhan

Okay, I've decided how I'm going to select people. I will take six people for this game. What I want to see is...

Background: It doesn't need to be more than a paragraph, although it certainly can be if necessary. If you can weave in some plot hooks or themes, all the better.

Personality: I want to get a sense of each character and make sure that the group will work well together.

Appearance: more useful info to get a sense of each character.

Race and Class: Fairly self explainitory, I want a relatively balanced group so that you don't run into challenges where you are boned by having a major role missing.

What your character believes in: You can take this any way you want. It isn't important now, but with the emphasis Planescape places on belief, it will be extremely important later. Knowing this up front will allow me to tailor the adventures to suit the characters.

You may absolutely start building your character sheet, but it's not required.

I am going to do this semi-first-come-first-serve. Once you have all of the info I need, post that you're done and I'll take a look at it. After that, I'll say if I'll take that character, if you need to adjust some things or if it's not a good fit. If it's not, you are welcome to try again with a different character or concept.

Blackshade10

I'm writing my character up now, and have to ask a silly question.

What classes aren't allowed? 

I'm looking at Oracle, Summoner, Witch, and Gunslinger, all of which look cool and a new experience to play, just not sure if appropriate.

TheKhan

All four are good for now. Although guns will be a bit harder to find if you're a gunslinger, so I suggest you take the gunsmithing feat if you go that route.

TheKhan

Normally I won't make double posts, but this one is important. I've added a set of character slots to the first page. We have three solid characters so far, we've got three of the six spots already filled.

Also just a heads up, When we start the game, I'm not actually going to tell you how many experience points you've got. I find that this encourages more roleplaying and less hack and less. I'll determine when everyone levels up.

Blackshade10

Background: Elk isn't what you would expect to be "adventuring" material.  Elk, really, tends to make you think that he's more of a young lady concubine- and that wouldn't be entirely inaccurate.  He's spent his entire life being traded around and used as desired, and for him, that's just his stock in life.  However, to defy what the world evidently set out before him... Elk, has a friend.  This friend is what has increased his use beyond simple toy among his captors- this eidolen is what will change his world.   

Personality:  Elk is very quiet and shy, and increasingly bitter about his place in the world.  He doesn't think the eidolen will change his life in the least, and that in the end, it's all futile.  Nonetheless, Elk has a streak of helping others and generally acting a good person- cause even if it's futile... doesn't mean you can't help others bear through it... right?

Appearance:

Race and Class: Human/Summoner

What your character believes in: Elk believes that there are no more heroes in this world, and that in the end, he'll die alone, forgotten, and used.  Despite this, deep inside, Elk wants there to be heroes, and wants to believe that he can break free of the chains that bind his life.  Even if he never voices it.

TheKhan

Elk looks good Blackshade. Welcome aboard!

I've also updated the second post with colour coded character sheet that you can copy and paste to get your characters going. If you're stuck on something, ask the rest of the group for help!

4 of 6 spots taken. We are still looking for a warrior type and an arcane caster.

Crowe

I'm filling the sheet as best as I can, but I still find some things confusing. I put it bold the things that I am not certain about.

I'll move onto the Special section once I got the other stuff figured out.

TheKhan

Okay, here's the deal. Mysterica's had to drop out, but ThatBlueOne just got approval and would also like to join us while providing some magy goodness. Do we want to wait for a sixth person? I'm fine either way, although I do think that five is about the perfect number for a play by post group. Let me know.

Either way, if everyone could get their character sheets filled out so that we can start playing ASAP, that would be appreciated.

Also, has anyone in this group actually played Planescape before, or am I introducing a whole new crew?

Muse

I played Planescape way back in 2E.  A friend of mine knew the setting well, so I didn't read up on much so he could surprise us.  :) 

(My character was fun.  Psionicist/Monk of an original saurial race.  His name was Wind Pony.)

Are you finding a way for Melody to have or develop wings?

Callie Del Noire

Put up Rhea as a healy type rather than figher type. Couldn't balance out the stats to be a figher cleric who channels. :D

Crowe

I want Wind Pony!! ;D

I'm thinking the wings will be more magical than a real appendage (see Valkyrie Profile). Oh, do I still need to fill out a bio in the character sheet since I already put one above?

Blackshade10

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blackshade10 on January 05, 2012, 09:04:05 PM
How are we doing ability scores? :O

20 points point buy.

My question is.. we allowing traits or not?

TheKhan