A War for the Modern Age (Fate Stay/Night Game) (Interest Check)

Started by Tokyorose627, October 02, 2018, 11:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ieatcookies

Without the elf ears

Name(s): Semiramis, Wise Queen of Assyria

Nationality: Assyrian Empire - Today part of: Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iran, Lebanon

Personality: Semiramis is a very enthusiastic person who indulges in luxury and "exudes a decadent atmosphere from somewhere." Since her childhood, she has studied a wide range of disciplines such as cosmetics, hairdressing, dancing, clothing, music and astronomy, and her beautiful face has captivated many men. Her passion has led her to start a war to possess a single man, and to poison her husband, the king, for politics, but her abilities as a queen are indisputable. Proof of the many expeditions she has led can be seen on walls and the Ishtar Gate. She believes it necessary for one to be superior to others and have more desires than regular people as a ruler, thinking that those who uphold frugality are only playing a sport privileged to those who have gained the "most important possession of all", authority. She feels that those who rule commit tyranny simply from the act, so those who are kings must also be tyrants.

Having grown up a child abandoned by her birth mother and subsequently saved by strangers, Semiramis holds her mother in great contempt. While she believes that all women will eventually arrive at the role of "life-giver", she still holds those who fall for the allure of men as weak. Likewise, she see men who claim other women without a second thought as despicable. So for her mother, who not only fell for a mortal man, but also abandoned her duty as a mother is truly despicable. However, Semiramis is not without her gratitude, for thanks to her mother, divine blood flows through her.

Appearance: She is described as a "depraved beauty" and a "peerlessly beautiful woman" wrapped in a dress as "dark as midnight" who emanates a pleasing aroma. She uses a magic veil to hide her pointed ears and pale skin tone.

Casual clothes: Casual dresses in dark colors and heels.

Objective for the War: As winner of one of the former Grail Wars alongside her Master, Semiramis obtained reincarnation in her current form. She kept some of her magical abilities and all the skills and knowledge she had prior to her death as well as after turning into a Servant. Objective for the current War is to obtain immortality in the flesh.

Knowledge of the War: Extensive knowledge, having been a participant in former Grail Wars (not all of them) as a Servant.

Biography: Born from the Syrian mermaid goddess Derketo and a human man, she was left on the waterfront by her loveless mother. She was wrapped in the warm wings of a dove, and fed with the dove's milk. Semiramis was then found and educated by the shepherd Simmas until she married Onnes, an old general; but she was then taken away by the Syrian king Ninus who fell in love with her thanks to her beautiful face. This forced Onnes to commit suicide, and after Semiramis earned the favors of the king with original battle plans, she married him and formally became queen. A few days after the marriage, she killed the king with poison, and reigned as a regent over Assyria for the next few decades. This is the oldest case of murder by poisoning in legends.

In a more modern age, Semiramis has only been on Earth briefly, for the duration of the Wars. She lacks technological knowledge and scientific skills, but she has made it a priority to catch up with the most important world discoveries since her reincarnation. When she is not researching for the current War or enhancing her skills, Semiramis reads.

Quality of Magic Circuits: Rank A

Tank: A-E. Rank B

Command Seals: Three seals in the shape of three tribal doves, located just below her right collarbone.

Magecraft: Poison use, magic traps, use of familiars, poisoned blood.
Item Construction allows her to create only poisons instead of a multitude of tools due to her specialty.

Her familiars are the grey doves that have remained her friends even after she became fully grown and left their care, able to control them through thought alone without any form of contract, thanks to her divinity. They can act as a network of scouts to carry messages and collect information. Taking pieces of paper in their mouths, they can locate their targets, deliver the message, and immediately leave upon completion. They can track down magical energy sources, especially those possessed by Servants, allowing them to keep track of their locations any time.

She is also capable of producing magical traps in the form of chains.

Mystic Codes: None

Magic Crest: Most of her important magic knowledge stored in symbols around her thighs.

Non-Magecraft Related Skills: Exceptional memory and fast reading.

Fluff: As a former Queen, Semiramis wasn’t cooking or cleaning, much less doing anything of the sort. Since her reincarnation she has been using her skills and charms to manipulate, poison and blackmail various rich and influential men which led her to own a small fortune (occasionally she works as a paid assassin). Therefore, she has servants for almost everything concerning her life-style.

Utility: None

Combat: None, but she does use her blood to poison her adversaries in combat - once she can spot an open wound or force them to drink it.

Extra: Anything you would like us to know about them?

What are you looking for in a Servant?: what kind of Servant are you hoping for? A Male Saber, or a female Caster? Someone specific for Canon or someone completely new?

Looking for an obedient Male Servant, class not specified, whom she will try/manage to manipulate and take advantage of physically and magically.

Tokyorose627

To those who have joined and made a Master, and to those who are still working in their sheets, here’s a Discord channel just for us!

https://discord.gg/UHQAzJ

Tokyorose627

Only two Master slots are available left!!! Feel free to come on down and look around to get ideas for a Master! Don’t be shy! :)

Rafiki23

I think I might be interested, I really enjoy the show so who knows :)

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

VonDoom

Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

snowdrop

Heya! I'm potentially really interested, this sounds like a lot of fun; I just wonder if I'm not in over my head a little bit -- I've only played / read the original visual novel a few years ago (I really loved it, but my memory of the details is admittedly getting a little bit murky!) I've never actually seen the animes and all I know about the other stories like Fate/Zero is that...they exist, I guess? I guess it could be a great excuse for me to catch up on it all! :D I'm giving it a little bit more thought still! I'm thinking I might do something a bit different from the characters we have so far, like a naive schoolgirl type who studies occult books and has no idea what she's actually getting into.

Just to make sure I've understood correctly -- the idea is that everyone will be playing two characters, both a Master and a Servant, but you're only looking at Master applications for now? And the Servants will be filled up later? Or should we be looking to make both already?

Also, how smutty do you expect the game to be?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: snowdrop on October 14, 2018, 05:38:05 PM
Heya! I'm potentially really interested, this sounds like a lot of fun; I just wonder if I'm not in over my head a little bit -- I've only played / read the original visual novel a few years ago (I really loved it, but my memory of the details is admittedly getting a little bit murky!) I've never actually seen the animes and all I know about the other stories like Fate/Zero is that...they exist, I guess? I guess it could be a great excuse for me to catch up on it all! :D I'm giving it a little bit more thought still! I'm thinking I might do something a bit different from the characters we have so far, like a naive schoolgirl type who studies occult books and has no idea what she's actually getting into.

Just to make sure I've understood correctly -- the idea is that everyone will be playing two characters, both a Master and a Servant, but you're only looking at Master applications for now? And the Servants will be filled up later? Or should we be looking to make both already?

Also, how smutty do you expect the game to be?

Hello, it’s nice to meet you! If you have any knowledge of the series, it’s defnitely going to help you in the long run. If you ever need help I suggest reading the wikis on certain elements if you’re unsure about some things, but I’ve been catching up and rewatching shows as well, so you could ask me if something she bothering you or somethings nit clicking. :)

As for getting in over your head, you should be fine! For a character like that it could work, there’s actually a character similar to what your thinking of from Fate/Zero by the name of Waver Velvet; a young boy that isn’t that much of a mage but wanted to show his professor that he could be more by summning a Servant, unaware that he was now a Master in a sort of death game that he was forced to participate in overall. You could use that sort of concept for your character, but make sure that they don’t see too cliche or too naive as to be sort of a stereotype or any sort. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Yes, at the moment I’m only accepting Master Applications. Most of the spots are filled, I think we only have two left, and then from there we make a Servant applications. How it works when you make a Master, is that at the bottom of the sheet there’s a blurb that you write down what kind of Servant your looking for this game. You can be vague and simply say I don’t care, or you could be more specific like “I’m looking for female servants only”, or maybe “I want a Canon Servant really badly If possible!”

You could even make a Canon Servant and use their appearance, but change their personality to something that yo think would fit and work for the game. It’s all up to the players and who they partner up with. :)

Be advised however that if you have an idea for a Servant you have to choose a class, and theirs only one per class. So if you want to make someone specific, you have to claim it first. I’ll make a message in here once I’m ready and confidant to allow players to choose and claim classes for servants.

Finally, as for how smutty the game will be, I don’t want it to purely be smut. With this type of game, it’s more story and character oriented, with Masters and Servants interacting and getting to know one another while fighting in a war that could change the world. There’ll be combat, slice of life, somber moments, tense scenes; basically the works. People are free to RP smutty things, it just has to be within reason you know? If you want your Master and Servant to get it on right away (and some do because it’s one way to replenish Mana for their servant), then go ahead, but it has to make sense, like if they just got out of a battle and whatnot. I’d rather it not be smut all the time, because that sort of breaks the whole somewhat serious tone the story has; there’s buildup to that stuff you know? Plus it would be weird to see a Master and Servant getting it on in public all of a sudden...

Though that’s subjective to each player, and you would have to talk to whoever you partner up with for all that.

I hope that answered all your questions. :)

Revelation

My own go at a master.

---

Name(s): Alexander Gray

Nationality: US

Personality: Seemingly focused and driven, Alexander can be surprisingly relaxed and easygoing around his friends, though said friends can be few in number. Surprisingly romantic at times as well.

Appearance: black haired and blue eyed, his fair skin certainly gives him a striking appearance, a youthful and athletic man who seems to enjoy keeping himself in good health.

Casual clothes: Hoodies, casual clothing, long sleeved shirts, mostly inconspicuous without being too inconspicuous.

Objective for the War: There’s no ulterior motive, and he works for no one else other than himself. He intends to compete for the grail, but what he does should he win is a mystery that he’ll only reveal to his servant.

Knowledge of the War: Versed in it, not intimately familiar.

Biography: The son of an unlucky detective, Alexander has lived a ‘charmed’ life. Somehow, his family has had a long history with the hidden world of magecraft and the fantastic. His father was rescued from nearly being killed by a dead apostle by a mage who had been hunting the same apostle for their own reasons. Thus began a history between his family, and this mage who had become a friend of his fathers – one who was close enough to be there at his wedding, and who had somehow discovered Alex’s own magical potential.

His father was reluctant to let him be trained as a mage, but the young Alexander seemed thrilled at the idea. Magecraft wasn’t everything he had hoped for though… But, he survived the rigorous training, and despite the difficulty of learning reinforcement style magecraft, he shore up his lack of innate magical ability with a few other tools and of course, hard work.

It was this mage who was to compete in the war this go around, but something happened to him, he vanished off the face of the earth, and it was Alexander who decided to figure out why – and in doing so, he found out about the looming war, versing himself with everything the mage had left. Despite knowing the dangers, and that he could likely be killed, he decided to use the catalyst provided, and summon his own servant.

Quality of Magic Circuits: C-rank. Nothing exceptional, but he could be worse off.

Tank: C: Perfectly average, again.

Command Seals: Located on his left shoulder, looks like a series of interlaced thorns and branches, woven together.

Magecraft: Reinforcement styled magecraft.

Mystic Codes: Wyvern skin gauntlets

Magic Crest: A magical tome writ with blood from a Salamander.

Non-Magecraft Related Skills:

Fluff: Cooks pretty damn good food. Plays harmonica pretty well.

Utility: Gun assembly and deconstruction, proficient with lockpicking tools & similar items, and athletically fit.

Combat: Thanks to his particular magecraft, with his gloves on he’s a proficient brawler though he probably wouldn’t win any tournaments. Knows how to handle a gun, and the fact that most mages dislike them gives him an advantage, especially if he can ply reinforcement on a gun.

What are you looking for in a Servant?: Would strongly enjoy a female Archer, Rider, or Berserker. While certain canons would be loved, I don’t imagine many would be willing to play them so I would be more than happy with originals too.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Changingsaint on October 15, 2018, 12:36:11 AM
My own go at a master.

---

Name(s): Alexander Gray

Nationality: US

Personality: Seemingly focused and driven, Alexander can be surprisingly relaxed and easygoing around his friends, though said friends can be few in number. Surprisingly romantic at times as well.

Appearance: black haired and blue eyed, his fair skin certainly gives him a striking appearance, a youthful and athletic man who seems to enjoy keeping himself in good health.

Casual clothes: Hoodies, casual clothing, long sleeved shirts, mostly inconspicuous without being too inconspicuous.

Objective for the War: There’s no ulterior motive, and he works for no one else other than himself. He intends to compete for the grail, but what he does should he win is a mystery that he’ll only reveal to his servant.

Knowledge of the War: Versed in it, not intimately familiar.

Biography: The son of an unlucky detective, Alexander has lived a ‘charmed’ life. Somehow, his family has had a long history with the hidden world of magecraft and the fantastic. His father was rescued from nearly being killed by a dead apostle by a mage who had been hunting the same apostle for their own reasons. Thus began a history between his family, and this mage who had become a friend of his fathers – one who was close enough to be there at his wedding, and who had somehow discovered Alex’s own magical potential.

His father was reluctant to let him be trained as a mage, but the young Alexander seemed thrilled at the idea. Magecraft wasn’t everything he had hoped for though… But, he survived the rigorous training, and despite the difficulty of learning reinforcement style magecraft, he shore up his lack of innate magical ability with a few other tools and of course, hard work.

It was this mage who was to compete in the war this go around, but something happened to him, he vanished off the face of the earth, and it was Alexander who decided to figure out why – and in doing so, he found out about the looming war, versing himself with everything the mage had left. Despite knowing the dangers, and that he could likely be killed, he decided to use the catalyst provided, and summon his own servant.

Quality of Magic Circuits: C-rank. Nothing exceptional, but he could be worse off.

Tank: C: Perfectly average, again.

Command Seals: Located on his left shoulder, looks like a series of interlaced thorns and branches, woven together.

Magecraft: Reinforcement styled magecraft.

Mystic Codes: Wyvern skin gauntlets

Magic Crest: A magical tome writ with blood from a Salamander.

Non-Magecraft Related Skills:

Fluff: Cooks pretty damn good food. Plays harmonica pretty well.

Utility: Gun assembly and deconstruction, proficient with lockpicking tools & similar items, and athletically fit.

Combat: Thanks to his particular magecraft, with his gloves on he’s a proficient brawler though he probably wouldn’t win any tournaments. Knows how to handle a gun, and the fact that most mages dislike them gives him an advantage, especially if he can ply reinforcement on a gun.

What are you looking for in a Servant?: Would strongly enjoy a female Archer, Rider, or Berserker. While certain canons would be loved, I don’t imagine many would be willing to play them so I would be more than happy with originals too.

Thanks for making a Master so quickly Changing! Only issue was you were supposed to PM it to me, but it’s ok. I’ll look at it now and PM you if it needs changes.

Tokyorose627

They look good Changing!

Alright everyone, we only have one Master slots left until we can all start making the servants for the game! Please hang on just a little bit longer and then you can all begin to look over each Masters suggestions for Servants, as well as which Master seems the most interesting to you, before you make a decision! :D

Tokyorose627

To all who have made Masters and have been accepted, please go to our newly made Character Sheets topic and post your sheets there! I’ll link each of them individually to each of your characters for easy access. :)

VonDoom

Hmm. So far it looks like the main amount of scheming will happen amongst the old fogeys -- with Semiramis and Octavian as the more manipulative in the Master lot!

Though whoever hired O'Riley might have something to say on that front as well -- it would be interesting to hash out the details for that family, as we're currently still missing a 'third grand house' to get a matching set of 'three old foundation mage families' as our own version of the Tohsaka/Matou/Einzbern trinity.

So far we have myself with pretty much the canon Einzbern family, Saijyou wielding jewelry magic on their ancestral home turf and a third remains open. And not having a third seat would be a shame, as everyone knows that three is the magic number!

O&O

VonDoom

That was basically my suggestion already. I mean, it's their agenda your character comes into the game with, so your own thoughts and interests are the priority there - any direction you'd like to go in?

O&O

stormwyrm

Guess I'll be taking the last Master slot... I even have a custom portrait for him.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:JeanPaulDunois.jpg

He really should be paired with Jeanne la Pucelle but I don't see too many difficulties with most other Servants.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Tokyorose627

Quote from: stormwyrm on October 15, 2018, 11:29:30 AM
Guess I'll be taking the last Master slot... I even have a custom portrait for him.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:JeanPaulDunois.jpg

He really should be paired with Jeanne la Pucelle but I don't see too many difficulties with most other Servants.

Aweomse, please feel free to write them up as soon as you can, and then send them to me for review. :)

As welll if you can, please join our Discord server so that communication and announcements made from me will be easier. :)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: VonDoom on October 15, 2018, 10:06:09 AM
That was basically my suggestion already. I mean, it's their agenda your character comes into the game with, so your own thoughts and interests are the priority there - any direction you'd like to go in?

Well, few things come to mind besides the family in question being old/ancient;

1) It's honorable enough not to kill James and hope one their existing mages inherit the command seals.
2) They got resources to analyze bloodlines to figure out magus lineages (at least mother's side). So divination focus perhaps?
3) Also family who may have 'noble magus' arrogance and stance to war and have grand scheme wish and are also outside supernatural realm wealthy and able drown james to riches if he fights for them (or rather works with them) and also have skilled magi to act as both mentor and also bodyguard of sorts as even if James is fast on feet as street thug goes, they view in sort arrogance that guns will not help win fights vs other magus.
4) Besides patronizing they may seek exploit other ways James, considering purity/potency of his genetics and magic circuits may seek sneakily impregnate one their heirs/daughters to get his genes to rejuvenate the family line (so some sort decline may be there besides exceptional individuals in family and grail's wish may be focus on that perhaps). Or possibly simply kill him off instant he grants the wish so they do not need pay fortune for him (so scheming family someway who seeks exploit or double cross over James).

VonDoom

Sounds interesting! If we take the original trinity, Einzbern is Einzbern, Saijyou has some parallels with Tohsaka and that leaves Matou -- since Tokyorose already asked for some more fucked up people to appear in the game ( ;D), how would the notion of the family taking the role of the 'absolute worst' and have them be up to some seriously evil shit beneath the more presentable exterior that they would probably also use to deal with James?

Heck, to throw in something to go with the angle of him maybe going rogue later you mentioned -- If they're already planning to exploit him and use him to revitalize their lineage, maybe they have plans to, say, if he loses badly, or ends up crippled, lock him into a hole somewhere and use him as an actual battery, maybe whilst having their heirs/daughters rape him? Not that that'd actually happen even if they planned it unless he hardcore Bad Ends somehow.  ;D But if he overheard that at some point, it might be an incentive for him to change his approach or allegiance.

O&O

Tokyorose627

Quote from: VonDoom on October 15, 2018, 02:05:15 PM
Sounds interesting! If we take the original trinity, Einzbern is Einzbern, Saijyou has some parallels with Tohsaka and that leaves Matou -- since Tokyorose already asked for some more fucked up people to appear in the game ( ;D), how would the notion of the family taking the role of the 'absolute worst' and have them be up to some seriously evil shit beneath the more presentable exterior that they would probably also use to deal with James?

Heck, to throw in something to go with the angle of him maybe going rogue later you mentioned -- If they're already planning to exploit him and use him to revitalize their lineage, maybe they have plans to, say, if he loses badly, or ends up crippled, lock him into a hole somewhere and use him as an actual battery, maybe whilst having their heirs/daughters rape him? Not that that'd actually happen even if they planned it unless he hardcore Bad Ends somehow.  ;D But if he overheard that at some point, it might be an incentive for him to change his approach or allegiance.

Yeah we could always use some more or less morally unjust characters. ;3

Tokyorose627

Soooooo, I’ve been thinking long and hard bout this, and I keep coming back to wanting to do a Fate Stay Night game. Like, it just keeps coming back, and after how well the first round this went, despite it ending so shortly, I want this to come back, with it being better then ever! I hope at least.

So, I, being brave and bringing back this Interest Thread! There’s stuff in here from the first version of this game, but feel free to just loook over the first post that had the whole idea and info towards the RP! I won’t be accepting sheets right now as it’s way too early, and I want to see how much interest this actually gets! Please feel free to PM me if you got any questions or concerns!

Hope to see people on here with the same love of the Fate series as I and may people have! :)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on July 16, 2019, 07:09:58 AM
Have all the Master slots been filled?

Not yet, Tokyorose just restarted recruitment (so cast is empty).