Dragon Ball: A new World (Recruitment)

Started by Green Goo Theory, December 26, 2017, 12:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sullivanthedreadlord

My dragon ball knoweldge ends at the end of DBZ. I have only watched all of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.  At most I know about Super Saiyan 4. I don't know anything about uber Saiyans. My only goto example of half Saiyans are Gohan, Trunks, Gotten an Pan. If I can't be that I could be a human or perhaps an android.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Kathyan

DB (all of it) has failed to give a solid measurement of power levels except maybe at the beginning of DBZ when the tracers were first introduced and then until freezer saga and then Vegeta mentioned something about Gohan being so powerful because Kakaroto had breeded with humans, again there was no evidence of that as it was just Vegeta's conjeture but it has been mentioned several times.

Anyway, I still think that's not the point but whether how many saiyans will be here, if any, I'm fine with there being a few but I'll leave the final decision to our Gooey GM. ;D

Btw loved you oni character Sumara, I was thinking something like that at the beginning (when I mentioned Uranai baba) but I won't be able to play two characters so I stayed with an android. :)  a shame she is straight though. :P

Sumara

Yeah dragonball had a lot humor so it made sense to incorporate that in, similar to the pervy fire demon.  Just because she's straight though doesn't mean you can't try to violate the no touch policy.  Just be prepared for consequences!
On/Off Scroll

Due to life right now, I'm not able to rp atm.  My recent illness has caused all kinds of problems and I need to spend time correcting them.  I hope to be back soon!

Re Z L

Quote from: Kathyan on January 12, 2018, 04:18:13 PM
Btw loved you oni character Sumara, I was thinking something like that at the beginning (when I mentioned Uranai baba) but I won't be able to play two characters so I stayed with an android. :)  a shame she is straight though. :P

I wonder if she likes bubblegum...
A&A

Kathyan

Quote from: Sumara on January 12, 2018, 04:23:56 PM
Yeah dragonball had a lot humor so it made sense to incorporate that in, similar to the pervy fire demon.  Just because she's straight though doesn't mean you can't try to violate the no touch policy.  Just be prepared for consequences!
Ok, that's good to know, including the consequences part. :P  Unfortunately Noodles is too naive and not someone who is going to be looking after touching/groping others but we'll see what happens, involuntary sexy situations could still happen. ;D

Norsegod1839

I'll edit my character tonight to make him a human modeled after and with the characteristic of an ape! I really did like the idea of him being a saiyan who is super in touch with his ape side but I also get everyone wanting to go with a less of a Saiyan universe!

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Sumara on January 12, 2018, 08:02:06 AM
So I'll do a quick mock up.  It's probably not gonna be great but I don't mind changing stuff.

Name: Maikaya
Race: Ogre
Sexuality: Straight

Personality: A by-the-books kind of gal, she adheres strictly to the rules that her 'Boss', as she calls him, has set out for her.  Very much a worrywart who alternates between being extremely serious about getting things done though at a harsh pace but then crashing and burning and generally wanting to relax.  Still, if anything at all requires immediate major attention, she'll be sure to get at it right away.  Though she has no problem flaunting her body about (she's considered pretty hot amongst ogres to be sure), she has a strict no touch policy and will get absolutely pissed if someone doesn't comply with this rule.  Course, she also believes in saving herself for her one true love despite it being against the rules (so the ONE rule she will break) though it will probably and undoubtedly end up being someone who doesn't return her affections.

History: First rule about her job: she's not allowed to talk about her job.  In detail, anyway.  The most others can know about her is that she's an Ogre (though she emphasizes that she's not the same kind as the ones humans have seen, she claims they're just ugly cousins) and that she's there to aid a certain hero through his trials.  Apparently, she serves someone who she only refers to as Boss and is always rambling about the rules, though they only become obvious when the situation arises.  Maikaya suddenly appeared out of the blue before [character name] and claimed that she would be by his side to help him through.  However, despite claiming to have powers superior to any mortal, she has yet to demonstrate anything besides a number of otherwise helpful powers, such as healing, locating hidden objects, etc.
Seemingly, one of the big rules doesn't allow her to use her supposedly almighty powers to interject during most kinds of conflicts in any way, primarily she isn't allowed to fight, not even to defend herself.  As a result, she can be quite prone to being a damsel in distress and require rescuing.

Weapons/Equipment: The ogress doesn't fight and typically only has her clothing, whatever random outfit it might be, whether a swimsuit, an office get up, a pair of khakis with a shirt, etc.

Techniques:

-Healing: Maikaya presses her hands against the person she wishes to heal and rapidly mends their wounds, be it cuts, broken bones, just about anything short of death.  However, she apparently has a maximum quota she is allowed to use per day, and refuses to use her powers beyond that limit, regardless of the situation.  Supposedly, the more severe the injuries, the less times she is allowed to use this power per day.

-Locate Object: Maikaya concentrates for a few moments before knowing the general direction and distance to an object in question, regardless of where it maybe be.  She is also able to spot it instantly when within a short distance as it appears to be shining to her eyes only.  She is very particular about what items she is allowed to find using this power.  Apparently, locating a sock is perfectly fine but locating a dead body is not.

-Conjure Object: Maikaya concentrates for a few moments before unleashing a flash and making an object appear before her.  According to what she says, the rules state that her clearance level is only high enough to allow her to conjure something as big as a car, though the larger the object, the more 'magic budget' it takes to conjure, and she says she only has a certain amount per week.  Course, she also stated her powers were technically infinite so...

-Empower: Maikaya touches a person and imbues them with enhanced abilities for a very short period of time.  The power of the spike fluctuates depending on many different factors, and according to her, these include such things as height, weight, brain capacity, where she touches them, etc.

I love it.  Great idea and she's super sexy. One thing that's partially explored in DB but forgotten in Z and later are the odd portals and gateways around the world to other places.  There's literal 'gods' on Earth guarding places.  It's not too weird to explore those or have that be where your lady or Jamba came through or whatever.  Plenty of options.  Or, if you have any specific ideas or requests to work out you can ask here or PM me. 

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 12, 2018, 03:52:14 PM
My dragon ball knoweldge ends at the end of DBZ. I have only watched all of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.  At most I know about Super Saiyan 4. I don't know anything about uber Saiyans. My only goto example of half Saiyans are Gohan, Trunks, Gotten an Pan. If I can't be that I could be a human or perhaps an android.

Understandable.  Well, Super hasn't helped your position as someone trying to play a half saiyan any.  Z wasn't too much better with Gohan, Goten, and Trunks.  All of them by default start super powerful, they all grow super fast, they have insane potential and the possibility of entirely new transformations on whole new levels.  I just think it'd be better reserved for later if the chance opens up to include more characters.

I like allowing a lot of freedom in play and given where the RP is starting we could have enough time for our character's kids to start popping up.  I don't know.

Quote from: Re Z L on January 12, 2018, 04:37:53 PM
I wonder if she likes bubblegum...

I see where you're going.

Coming soon...

sullivanthedreadlord

Modified Version

Name: James
Race: Human
Sexuality:Straight
Personality:Kind, honest and straight forward
History:

The son of a scientist and a martial artist James grew up in the city. Despite both his parents having studied the martial arts he didn't follow suit and just grew up just wanting to learn how to work on machines. Growing up in the city meant that he had access to public education. He managed to graduated from high as normal and got a job working at a garage working on cars. With out any real goals he has been working at the garage for several years not really paying much attention to what's going on in the world around him.

Weapons/Equipment: A sword from his great grandfather that is little more than a decoration piece on his wall.
Techniques: None as he has no formal training as a fighter.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Sumara

So yeah I think I'm set on my character.  And she is straight so you'd have to trick her into believing the bubble gum was actually bubble gum hehe.
On/Off Scroll

Due to life right now, I'm not able to rp atm.  My recent illness has caused all kinds of problems and I need to spend time correcting them.  I hope to be back soon!

Batman4560

We are six pages in here, are we gonna get this off the ground or not?

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Batman4560 on January 15, 2018, 10:44:20 AM
We are six pages in here, are we gonna get this off the ground or not?

Yep!  I apologize for not getting it done Friday.  They dumped  bunch of last minute shifts on me that no one else could take and I didn't get to be active on here.  I'll be working on it here today since I have the day off. 
Coming soon...

Sumara

On/Off Scroll

Green Goo Theory

Just so everything is sorted out can I get a final word from everyone that wished to play a Saiyan character on what they're doing?  Keeping it or switching to something else?  Just to make everything official with the character sheets. 
Coming soon...

Norsegod1839

If I can keep my guy as a Saiyan great! If not I shall make him human today!

You let me know Green and I will go from there!

Green Goo Theory

Part of that depends on the other people interested in a saiyan.  Given the responses from other players I'm going to stick to my guns and limit it to just one saiyan in the game until there's more players/characters.  Or, until certain ideas sort of get dealt with (You'll have to wait and see!) in play.  I'll just have to look at the people that way to stick with Saiyans and figure out which one I think fits the game better.
Coming soon...

Norsegod1839

Hmmm if only one Saiyan per game my vote would be for our female Saiyan! I'll go ahead and edit mine to be human!

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Kathyan on January 15, 2018, 04:35:43 PM
Here is the OOC thread, and the character thread for those who missed those.

but more important, finally here it is the IC game thread

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I was just working stuff out since I was thinking of multiple IC threads.  But, I think I changed my mind and just have locations and tags in the header for posts instead.  At least with a group this small. 
Coming soon...

Sasquatch421

I'd prefer to keep my Saiyan if at all possible.

sullivanthedreadlord

So is the human version of my character approved?

My O/O Page

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on January 15, 2018, 04:43:03 PM
I'd prefer to keep my Saiyan if at all possible.

You should be good.  Unless I missed one the only person that wanted a saiyan and submitted a bio hasn't finished it and hasn't posted anything in a while.   
Coming soon...

Sumara

On/Off Scroll

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Green Goo Theory on January 15, 2018, 04:49:42 PM
You should be good.  Unless I missed one the only person that wanted a saiyan and submitted a bio hasn't finished it and hasn't posted anything in a while.   

Alright, I'll post her up then if it's ok? I have been toying around with my other favorite race as well... A nice Frieza clan member.... NO! I'm totally kidding around, seriously! I've actually been putting together a Namekian for a secondary character. Even found an interview that Shonen Jump did with Akira Toriyama. He hinted that the Nameks might be hermaphrodites... That spit out eggs... Makes perfect sense right? Here's the link, its the last question...

Akira Toriyama Interview

Re Z L

Quote from: Kathyan on January 15, 2018, 04:35:43 PM
but more important, finally here it is the IC game thread

You monster!

Lovely new Avatar picture though  ;D

Quote from: Sumara on January 15, 2018, 05:08:11 PM
Y U DO DIS!?

We can get our revenge on her when the game starts  ;)
A&A

Kathyan

I...  :-[ I was just kidding :P

although I also thought it might push GGT to put up the real IC thread. O:)

And thanks ReZL, will you really look for revenge once the game starts? can hardly wait now. ^^