News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Tiger General's Rebellion [Courtiers Win!]

Started by Caeli, March 18, 2010, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

"I'm sorry that we couldn't save you, Kurzyk." she whispered quietly from the balcony. As she felt her eyes well up with tears, she turned to her room, allowing her the privacy and quiet that she wished to mourn the death of a friend.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Imogen

Imogen bowed her head. "Kurzyk, you were a noble man and we have been blinded. Whether by random fate or treacherous intent shall remain to be seen. Rest in honor, Lord, and know you death will not have been in vain." She retreated and walked down the path towards the Lotus garden where she knelt by the pond and offered a floating candle to help Kurzyk's soul find its way home.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

LadySky

Pain and sadness made her chest ache as she stared unseeingly at Minister Kurzyk's slain body. Living at court one learned quickly to accept death but no matter how much she saw she could not ever grow accustomed. Desire to live in peace on the countryside burned within her but she knew that until the true spies were located she had to remain and do her duty.

Hanging her head LadySky retreated to her private rooms, a long night of reflection ahead of her.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Blaed

He looked over what has happened. He could do nothing more but look down at his feet. The vote had made a mistake and killed one of the people trying to better this country. He looked around to see the faces of the people, looking for someone that seemed different, looking for the spies.

"I am sorry Kurzyk. These are hard times, and I will remember your sacrifice. I will find out who the spies are, and make sure your death is added to there list of crimes."

Remiel

Quote"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Remiel donned appropriate attire of mourning in honor of Councilor Kurzyk, who had been a trusted and loyal servant of the Empire.  Although the Wolves had acted on the will of the Council, they had nevertheless spilled innocent blood, and thus suffered a stain on their souls.  As, too, did those who voted to condemn him.   At least Kurzyk was being buried in the traditional fashion, as appropriate to a dutiful and honorable soldier.  As the priests chanted their prayers to lift his spirit to Heaven, and as the mourners wailed,  Remiel quietly said:

"Kurzyk has fallen.
The sun will hide its visage.
A cold wind now blows."

Kye

After saying a small prayer over the loss of Kurzyk, a loyal companion, Kyrsa retreated for the night.  She used her time to contemplate the direction they were taking.  The blindness of the court surprised and shocked her to the core, and she was no exception.  She prayed that they would all learn from this mistake, that Kurzyk’s death would have some meaning in the nights to come.   

Autumn52

Afraid to show her face at Kurzyk's memorial service Xandi waited until all had floated their candles before she went to float a candle for the loss of Kurzyk. Blaming herself she despaired at what had happened.

Tears streaming down her face she realized that there really was no way of knowing who the Wei Spies were. The distress this brought to her was immeasurable. She prayed that before her death at least she could help take out some of the spies, it was the least she could do in the name of Kurzyk.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

aymelekT

Ayme watched the procession on the water, her emerald gaze troubled, a frown marring her pale features.  She'd thought for sure she knew it was Kurzyk but now...

if it wasn't Kurzyk...then who?  She thought as her eyes grew unfocused, her vision turned inward.  She crossed her arms in front of her as though catching a chill and wobbled slightly, then looked out at the assembly, gauging their reactions to the death. 

Caeli

Though unease and tension were thick at the Court, sleep was not something that could be avoided, as dusk fell and the stars came out in the sky. The innocent courtiers of the Imperial Court could only blame themselves for their mistake; and they hoped that, with Kurzyk gone, the Wei spies might lay low for a few days before striking again.

Unfortunately, the next morning dawned with another servant's horrified wail. Everyone clustered around one of rooms in the Palace, holding their breaths as doctors and servants slipped in and out. Finally, though, four imperial guards emerged with Beguile's Mistress.

It seemed that the Wei spies, far from wishing to lay low, had decided that time was of the essence, and had struck again.

• aymelekT
  • Beguile's Mistress - Courtier, killed by Wei spies
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Iejir
  • Imogen
  • Kurzyk - Courtier, eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
  • Kyrsa
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

There are 5 Courtiers, 1 Dragon General, 1 Minister of the Royal Archives, 1 Minister of the Treasury, 3 Wei Spies, and 2 Royal Twins remaining.

The second day has begun. Good luck, everyone. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Blaed

As soon as he heard about the death of another one of the Courtier's, he knew that the Wei spies are on the move.

He remember who she had voted for the day before, and even if there was many other people in that vote with her, it could still mean something. Sitting in his chair, he spot up to the court.

"Yesterdays vote killed one of our own people. But in the end, he knew that his death was needed, a unfortunate but needed action. But today let me be the first to cast a vote. I am voting for Xandi. My thoughts about how quick she was to give her vote yesterday, have only gotten stronger with the death of  Beguile's Mistress. Yesterday she voted for Xandi, and today she is dead."

Ryven

After hearing of Beguile's untimely death, it only reinforced the deep feeling he had already felt.  A great divide had separated the court, and now actions were picking up where words had failed.  Given Kurzyk's death before, which he had had a part in bringing about, Ryven thought it best to cast his vote away from the others as to give him time to think and not succumb to the pressure of the pack.  The last thing they needed was a second wrongful death.

"Imogen." He simply said before tending his robe.

LadySky

Once again she sat silent by the pond, praying for her thoughts to settle so that she could make a better choice.

"After the pain of yesterday I cannot agree to vote for Xandi. I believe both she and Kurzyk were innocent, votes were all to easily placed on them both with too much haste. I cast my vote for Kyrsa and await a better choice to come along. Jumping on one victim swiftly will not aid us this day." after speaking she sat silent once again, pondering over the various choices and trying to recall whom she had suspected and whom she might be able to trust.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Kye

Her eyes red from a long night with little sleep Kyrsa rubbed the bridge of her nose, trying to ease the ache that was more in her heart than her head.  She took a moment to glance at everyone, thinking long about all she had learned and what others had said. 

"My vote yesterday was too hasty, many of the votes yesterday were.  I no longer believe that Xandi is working against this court.  I pray that my vote will not condemn another innocent to Kurzyk's fate.  For now my vote lies with Imogen,"

Valerian

"Sadly, we have very little choice but to be hasty," Val said, sadly.  "The Wei Spies act with speed, and force us to do so as well, before we have a chance to learn anything, or even take the time to mourn those we have lost.  We must hope that good fortune will help guide us through these dark times.  For now, I can only guess that LadySky may be one of the guilty ones, and hope that today we will all choose better."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn Sativus

Saffron stepped forward a little, listening to the different opinions of the people. She pondered it over for several moments, before nodding along with Valerian. "We have lost two, already, and I too am suspicious of LadySky. Kurzyk and Beguile were both friends of mine, and I wish to see those who are the cause of our despair pay for what they have done to our innocent friends. They have torn up our community, and this is not acceptable to me. I only pray for the day that we can live together as friends again."
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Imogen

"Beguile deserved a better fate than this horrible death by treachery." Imogen tapped her fan against her right hand and closed it. She sighed and shook her head at Kyrsa. "Although I strive for perfection, I am loyal and fair, but I do have flaws." She confessed. "I am a bit upset with your sudden turning towards me. It is true I spoke up against your choice of lady Xandi and pointed out your reasoning was thin."

"At least you have reconsidered and we agree on the innocence of one; For that I am grateful. But I cannot help but wonder if your accusations are random or guided by wicked intent, Lady Kyrsa."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

I am afraid to speak in the court today. I was so wrong about Kyrzyk, and I still am confused by the events of yesterday. I hope that my choice today is more accurate. I think that I will try and vote my conscience, I find it hard to believe that FallenAngelNajdan is innocent especially since he seems so sure that I am guilty, even after so many were convinced that I am not.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Mithlomwen

Mithlomwen had to wonder which ones among them could be guilty of such treachery.  She glanced around the room, still so uncertain as to who could be the culprits.  With a heavy sigh, and a heavy heart she pointed her finger toward Lady Sky and could only hope that this time another innocent was not lost.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Stattick

Stattick stumbles in, looking disheveled, and obviously still in the same black with red trim Han Fu as the previous day. His hair is uncombed, and his eyes are red and watery. A faint smell of plum wine lingers to him.

He unceremoniously plops down next to a scribe, and asks how the voting and mood of the court is, this miserable day. Getting his answer, he says aloud to the empty space between everyone, "Kurzyk, I hope you can forgive me. I know that I said that I was unsure of your guilt, but my vote helped to put you in an early grave. I don't know if you can enjoy it where you are, but I left half a bottle of wine at your grave...

"As to the rest of us. Well then... I suppose we must do what we must do. I'm half a mind to walk away from this whole mess, but I'm sure that it would find me dead if I tried. I still don't know which of you, my old friends, to trust or to name traitor." He looks hard at Xandi, but seems to see something in her countenance, and he just shakes his head. "I don't know."

He looks around again, trying to size each of his fellow courtesans up with drunken, watery eyes. "I suppose I will throw my lot in with those that think that LadySky might have something to do with this."

He looks down, not waiting for any reactions. From out of his sleeves, he produces a flask, and two small wine cups. He fills both cups, and then passes one to the young scribe. "Here you go. When your mustache grows long and gray, you can tell your children's children of the time you drank with dead man who still walked..."
O/O   A/A

LadySky

LadySky mutters softly as she sits quietly listening by the fountain, "I tell you this now. Voting for me is a mistake. Do not throw away yet another innocent. No proof can be offered but I beseach you, do not make this mistake."

With that said she remains silent.

Caeli

Current Vote
The courtier with the most number of votes will
become a target of the Wolves of the Wind, who, lacking
orders from the Emperor, are attempting to eliminate the
last Wei spies by listening to the suspicions within the Court.

• Kyrsa (4) - Imogen, Mithlomwen, LadySky, Stattick
  • LadySky (4) - Valerian, Saffron, aymelekT, Kyrsa
  • Xandi (3) - FallenAngelNajdan, Iejir, Remiel
  • Iejir (1) - Xandi
  • Imogen (1) - Ryven
  • aymelekT
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick
  • Valerian

Yet To Vote (0):

Ghosts
These individuals are no longer able to serve
the emperor, due to treachery or to unluckiness.
One turn comprises of one day and one night.

• Loyal Supporters of the Emperor of China
    • Courtiers [2/7]
      • Beguile's Mistress - killed by Wei spies (Night 1)
      • Kurzyk - eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind (Day 1)
    • Ministers [0/2]
    • The Dragon General [0/1]
    • Royalty: The Loyal Twin [0/1]
  • Traitors
    • Wei Spies [0/3]
    • Royalty: The Traitor Twin [0/1]
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

aymelekT

Aymelek staggers in, dressed in clean clothes but looking quite the worse for weear.  She reached up self consciously to pat her hair and blushed, glancing over to see Stattick in far worse shape than she was.  Glancing over at the scribe, she noted the voting, then glanced around, her dark jade gaze pausing at each member of the assembly. Slumping to sit near Stattick, she looks at him cautiously and sniffs, wrinkling her nose.

"Oh Stattick, what on earth is that you're dirnking; it smells horrid!"

She waves the air in front of her and sighs, lowering her head in a moment of prayer for those gone before.  Looking up again, she bites her bottom lip and looks around again.

"LadySkyseems to have garnered a lot of malevolent feelings from others of the court; I cannot help but agree with them.  My vote goes to her"

Aymelek looked at the woman, then down, clasping her hands on her lap, her gaze drifting out a large window.

Remiel

QuoteFighting with a large army under your command is nowise different from fighting with a small one: it is merely a question of instituting signs and signals.
- Sun Tzu

Remiel stroked his beard thoughtfully as he considered the other courtiers.  Among them were the spies of General Wei; but who were they?  It was too early to tell; at this point, he had no real suspicions.

Pouring his tea, he looked up and said:

"Sky claims innocence.
I believe she tells the truth.
Xandi seems guilty."

LadySky

After Iejir had spoken LadySky rose and silently made her way to the scribe. "Please change my vote to Xandi, in an effort to save my life I make this change for I know of my innocence and can count on that. Xandi's innocence however I do not know of." With her choice made she returned once more to the pond and awaited her fate, her chin held high and eyes flashing both fear and determination.

Mithlomwen

Mithlomwen listened to the arguments going back and forth between everyone as to the guilt of Lady Sky and Xandi.  She wrestled with her own emotions, not knowing who to believe or not believe.  There was a nagging feeling of doubt as to the innocence of Xandi, and Lady Sky's protests did not fall on deaf ears.  She was wracked with guilt thinking that if she voted for Lady Sky she would be sending yet another innocent to their death. 

Standing up she looked around sadly and nodded to those that had argued in favor of Xandi's guilt.  "I am going to change my vote.  The arguments against Xandi make me feel as though I am wrong to vote for Lady Sky's guilt."  She sat back down and prayed that she hadn't made the wrong choice. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...