Re-Discovering the World (Exploration/Adventure-Inspired D&D 5E)

Started by NightLux, April 20, 2017, 03:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightLux

One of the aspects of roleplaying games that has always interested me was the idea of finding something that was lost.  I've always loved the idea of a post-apocalyptic world as well, although usually not in the nuclear/modern way.  What would have happened if most of civilization collapsed back during the Roman Empire/Persian Empire/Alexander's Empire?  What was it like for people in the hinterlands when the Roman Empire was crumbling?  Or when explorers found ancient cities in modern-day Yucatan?  The desire to find something new and wonder about its past is almost beautiful and inherent in us all.  Its my hope and wish that we can lay out something that will interest us all.  I've sketched out what I feel is a good start and encourage you to join me if fleshing out a world where discovery awaits.

The World of Dorander

For more click the link in the title which leads to a wiki I've written that fleshes out the world more than below

Seeking one more player!

Setting
The World of Dorander is a world in recovery. A thousand years after the Second Catastrophe, a chain of events that caused the collapse of nearly every civilization, the world is finally recovering and starting to seek to recapture its past glory.  The lone political entity to survive the Second Catastrophe is the City-State of Starfall, its name derived from the First Catastrophe itself. It became the hub of a civilization in those dark times and remains one of neutrality, a place where any and all can gather seeing trade, diplomacy or aide.  From here groups leave to search further outward in hopes to find clues as to their lost past, to continue trade with other enclaves that have managed to survive the days of frost and snow after the Second Catastrophe, and rebuild what was lost.

That's not to say there isn't joy in the world.  For most people, life is life.  They live, love, had families and die, without a sense of dread looming over them.  The world is looking out with a spirit of discover and an awe of what is found.  In fact, that spirit and hope drive many to leave their established villages and cities and establish new settlements and holds in the wilderness.  The world is theirs to rediscover and settle!  Your characters are probably the most exemplary of these, seeking dangers that others would run from and looking at a dark, spooky dungeon entrance and think "Why not?"

The world itself will be based on the standard for 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons in terms of races, technology, spells and cultures, all adapted for this world.  Players of all types and experience are welcome.  I plan to adapt published adventures from several sources as well as use player actions to help influence the direction of the world and adventure.  As strange as it can sound, my goal is to make this "fantasy" world seem "real".

What I'm looking for in players
Above all, people who are creative and want to play daring, adventurous, and heroic characters.  This world will be one we develop together.  Your individual character histories will shape the world that is and what it will be for those who follow.  That said, don't be afraid of using good, stand-by resources and stereotypes about dwarves, elves, and all the other races

But also don't be afraid to break those molds.  What if a group of dwarves managed to find shelter and survive in secluded woods and became druids and protective of nature?  What if orcs huddled for safety with elves, putting aside their differences?  My goal in using this setup is to create a world where things are possible.

That said, there are groups of elves, dwarves, etc, that survived as well and have reestablished themselves in the world.  What they are, what they are named, where they are... I haven't created.  I'll work with anyone willing to flesh these out but, at the risk of repeating myself, this world is a blank slate for us to paint.

Character Creation
  • All characters will start at level 1

• With the exception of races/subraces, anything in the Player's Handbook, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, and Elemental Evil Player's Guide is fair game.  If you'd like to use something for Unearthed Arcana, please ask and we'll see what we can work out

• Races outside the Player's Handbook require DM approval with the exception of Aasimar, Genasi and Tabaxi.  "Deep" races (Drow, Duergar, Svirfneblin) require DM approval.

• For ability scores, please use Point Buy (27 points).

• Backgrounds can and are encouraged to be customized, per DM approval.

On Creativity and Respect for other Players
Yes, a lot is open for people to develop.  Please keep in mind that this is a collaborative effort, be careful not to trap someone out of something that they might do.  It shouldn't have to be said, but also respect the preferences of the other players and their wishes.  This obviously includes sexual preferences and kinks, but also on a personal level as well.  Please keep that in mind while playing.

How many people will you accept?
This is always a tough question because people expressing interest don't always actually make it through making characters and there's always the notorious ghosting where people disappear.  So let me put it this way; if you're interested in playing, I'll do what I can to get you involved and in a group.  I have no problem running multiple groups at the same time, but I'll probably start with no more than three.

This is Elliquiy, so what about interpersonal relations?
Yes, this is Elliquiy and I have no problem if characters want to interact and have sexual relations or whatever it would be called between a goblin and a lizardfolk.  We are treating this group game as if it were an otherwise freeform game outside of the adventures.  There will be other threads for places in Starfall, homes, bars, etc.  While not adventuring, players are encouraged to still interact and have all the fun that makes group games great.  Right now those aren't up yet (everyone is out adventuring!) but as we get closer to the close of those adventures, I'll create them.

If a couple (or more) want to get frisky during downtime in an adventure, we'll work a good solution so not to also stop the adventure itself.

What about downtime between adventures?
I fully intend for this to be "realistic".  After you go and complete an adventure, you will and should have time to hang out in Starfall.  You can create house threads and the like and entertain each other.  Just keep in mind what I said earlier about scenes - its fine if it keeps going after the group sets out on the next adventure, but please don't let future knowledge blur that encounter.

Can we switch groups
Given that players usually drop out of group games, the answer is yes.  In extreme cases, I'll work in a way for a new character to join a group out in the field.  Otherwise if there are enough characters for multiple groups and you wish to travel with someone (and they agree) I can work on handling moves between groups.  I don't mind this because a larger group game.  I've got the time and desire to manage it.

Gods of Dorander
For the time being, just use the gods in the PHB (Forgotten Realms dieties) and we'll all work together to rename them and tie them into this world.

Character Sheets/Stat Blocks
I have access to Hero Lab and the 5E module, so I can create/verify your character builds with it.  That said, if you could post it with some standardization, it'd help.  In the spirit of helping the DM, please use the following (and feel free to add lines if you need for feats or other things that this doens't list):

Name:
Race:
Ability Scores (after adjustments):
Class and chosen class skills:
Archetype (if applicable already):
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies)
Languages:
Weapons and Armor:
Starting Other Gear:
Spells 0-[Cantrips]; 1-[Spells]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Laughing Hyena

This is a good setup so I place my token of interest in play.

Wheeler97

Interested!

Kind of want to wait and see what people make. I like to fill useful gaps. I'll work up some ideas and post them as soon as I can (might be tomorrow afternoon). My problem is I want to play EVERYTHING in 5e.

Snake

I'm interested ^_^

@ Wheeler: I know you feel on that. Wanting to play everything XD

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RedPhoenix

Love all of what I see!

What leaps into my mind is an Elf Wizard ala Evy O'Connell, more scholar than explorer but extremely brave and courageous, wanting to uncover lost knowledge despite the fact that it sometimes stirs up an unspeakable evil or six.

Do you want character sheets? :D
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

NightLux

Quote from: RedPhoenix on April 20, 2017, 03:53:05 PM
Do you want character sheets? :D

Preferably.  Once we start up I'll create a character thread that you can just keep there.  Stat blocks at minimum.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

RedPhoenix

NightLux

Either is fine.  I put a quick guide to make it easier for me to add/import them into Hero Lab to confirm/make character sheets easily.  Let me know if you have any questions.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

LisztesFerenc

I'd considering two characters, I'll settle for whichever seems to work best with what others have -

Leo Rindz-ra: A human fighter, I see them as a body guard to another character, and the exact details of their background will reflect how they ended up this way. Noble, solider or criminal being the 3 most likely options. Anyone interested in talking meat shield for their character?

Oriros: A rather brutish looking half-elf, one would swear they had orc blood in them. As a bard and teller of tales, they appreciate party members with a flair for the dramatic when it comes to combat, no matter the flavour: shining armour and belowwed challenges, explosive fire and lightning, striking from the shadows, shedding darkness for the crimsons blood of enemies...he also appreciate a drink around the camp fire, after a long day of fighting and composing songs about it, and would appreciate a stunning archaeological discovery to feature in there somewhere.

Snake

I'll get back to you on what I come up with in terms of builds

AndyZ

I'll probably go for my warlock idea, unless it turns out that we badly end up needing something else.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

RedPhoenix

I think this is ok, let me know if the format is off or I missed something, or if you want more about her background etc.

Name: Rosalie Sinhartha Vesparia Wy'cosa
Race: High Elf
Ability Scores (before adjustments): STR 8 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 15 WIS 13 CHA 10
Ability Scores (after adjustments): STR 8 DEX 16 CON 12 INT 16 WIS 13 CHA 10
Class and chosen class skills: Wizard 1, Arcana, Investigation
Archetype (if applicable already): n/a
Background: Cloistered Scholar - History, Religion
Languages: Common, Elven, Celestial, Primordial, Draconic
Weapons and Armor: Dagger,
Starting Other Gear: Arcane Focus, Explorer's Pack, Scholar's Robes, Writing Kit, Borrowed Book on Ancient Ruins, 10 gp.
Spells 0-[Firebolt, Mending, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation]; 1-[Alarm, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Magic Missile, Shield, Sleep]

For an elf, Rosalie is rather plain. The fact that she cares little for her personal appearance does not aid this. While she is particular about keeping herself clean that is more due to being a fragile scholar than anything related to vanity, and she cares little for what she wears. She sees little point in impractical jewelry and isn't impressed at all by makeup and tattoos other than their debatable cultural significance. She has a rather average body with an average face to match. Her noble ancestry is apparent in her haughty features and she suffers from a nasty case of resting bitch face. When she speaks of something she is interested in, she becomes animated with almost childlike enthusiasm, and she forgets all social anxiety and disquiet about interacting with others in pursuit of knowledge and ancient wonders. She believes in the pursuit of lost knowledge above all, because she believes acquiring it again will help more people than defeating one small evil ever would. She is prepared to sacrifice much to achieve it!

I didn't see where to list languages. She'd know common, elven, and three other languages. I'm not sure which would make the most sense for a scholar/explorer given the world history so I wanted to see if there were any that would make more sense for her given her goals. :) Update on new sheet!

NightLux

Quote from: RedPhoenix on April 20, 2017, 04:52:31 PM
I didn't see where to list languages. She'd know common, elven, and three other languages. I'm not sure which would make the most sense for a scholar/explorer given the world history so I wanted to see if there were any that would make more sense for her given her goals. :)

I forgot languages and gender... adding both to my template.  I also added a few more notes about fun time scenes and downtime between adventures.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

RedPhoenix

LisztesFerenc

Okay here's the basics for my two character ideas:

Name: Leo Rindz-ra of Thranwall
Race: Feat variant human (feat: Shield Master, extra skill: Medicine)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Strength: 15   Dexterity: 10    Constitution: 13   Intelligence: 13    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 10
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Strength: 16   Dexterity: 10    Constitution: 14   Intelligence: 13    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 10
Class and chosen class skills: Fighter – Athletics and Perception
Archetype (if applicable already): N/A
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Noble – Persuasion and History, cards
Languages: Common, Giant and Draconic
Weapons and Armor: Chainmail, 2 shields, battle axe, light crossbow (40), dagger
Starting Other Gear: signet ring, scroll of pedigree, 1 gold, 4 silver, 9 copper, set of fine clothes, tinder box, explorer’s pack, hunting trap, whetstone, healer’s kit
Spells 0-[Cantrips]; 1-[Spells] N/A

Background and personality: Growing up behind thick stone walls in a land cool in summer and frigid in winter, Leo realized from a young age that fighting was a very good way of keeping warm, something his entire culture had noted, as everyone, from the farmer to the earl, would take up a blade in hand come first snow, and when it thawed, they would head out to foreigner lands to test their acquired skills. However whilst bloodthirsty, his people were not complete savages, and peaceful contact with others whilst not quite the norm did occur. As the third son, Leo was promised daughter of a southern lord, and stayed in those lands even after the marriage, where he made some friends, learned to read and gamble, and continued to practice with the blade and shield. Eventually though he found himself guarding another, relying on shield more than axe, a strange choice but one he grew into.

Though he likes to entertain a fantasy of being the strong silent type, Leo cannot help but enjoy the company of others. He dislikes talking about his home, which he has grown to somehow miss and scorn at the same time, but will tell stories of his travels and from the books he’s read. Though open enough, he always keeps himself half a step away from others; it takes a lot of effort before he will consider someone a close friend.

Appearance: Leo’s sandy blonde hair is still long, but he rarely finds the time to braid it anymore. Despite a slight slouch he still stands tall, strong, with a deliberate gracelessness to his movements. He has tawny eyes and a trimmed beard.

**********************************************************************************

Name: Oriros Tein
Race: Half-elf (extra skills: Intimidate and Perception)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Strength: 13   Dexterity: 12    Constitution: 11   Intelligence: 12    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 14
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Strength: 14   Dexterity: 12    Constitution: 12   Intelligence: 12    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 16
Class and chosen class skills: Bard (Athletics, Deception and Persuasion, chosen instruments: Horn, bagpipes, pan flute)
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Animal Handle and Survival, vehicles (land), brewer’s supplies
Languages: Common, Elven and Orc
Weapons and Armor: leather armour, dagger, longsword, sling (40)
Starting Other Gear: horn, shovel, iron pot, 4 gold, 6 silver, 2 copper, entertainers pack, brewers supplies, tinderbox, grappling hook, 50ft hemp rope, 3 flasks of oil, 3 waterskin of ale, 1 waterskin of common wine,
Spells 0-[Cantrips - Viscious Mockery and Friends]; 1-[Spells - Bane, Heroism, Sleep and Thunderwave]

Background and personality: A union thought impossible by some, Oriros has the blood of both an orc and an elf inside him, bit a dash of human blood to act as a buffer, though he pays this part of his heritage little heed. Though his parents union was one of love, their differing natures ensured he could not grow up in a household of harmony, despite their best efforts to preserve the peace around him. He took to wandering the streets to escape it all, and quickly grew adept at bloodying his knuckles, and taking a blow to his chin standing.

Whilst not a scholar by any stretch of the imagination, he was interested in both elven and orc culture, and showed an enthusiasm for learning the tales of each people. He set off from home at the age of 14, and in the decade since then he has made quite a name for himself as fearless combatant of monsters and bandits. Motivated by a mixture of a desire for fame and a need to help the down trodden, Oiriros is careful and measured until blood is spilt, his or his enemies. Afterwards he likes to drink, alone or in company, and with very close friends he will share his ale.

Appearance: Oiriros is a rather brutish looking half-elf. His orcish heritage has not entirely robbed the soft looks of the his elven side, but it has certainly contrasted it, with an ashen tone to the skin, large, pointed teeth behind thin lips, the pale blue eyes deep set, his forehead perpetually wrinkled in a half snarl, and his hair thick and wiry. He is heavily built, but moves with a touch of grace rare but not unheard of for someone of his size.

Countdown0

Interested and booking mark the thread. Time to put a character together :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

AndyZ

I have a Half-Elf Great Old One Warlock in the works.  I'm just checking a couple things with our DM before posting.

Chulanowa

Definitely still interested. Specially since you seem to be touching some areas I adore and want in my own 5E game  ;D

Bibliophilia

Hi, Night!  -grins.-  I'm totally interested and I'll start working up a sheet.

Name: Kaija Urswick
Race: Human (Variant)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): 8,13,13,12,12,15
Ability Scores (after adjustments): 8,13,14,12,12,16
Class and chosen class skills: Sorcerer 1 | Arcana & Persuasion + Deception (race)
Archetype (if applicable already): Wild Magic Bloodline
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Acolyte | Insight & Religion | N/A
Languages: Common, Gnomish, Draconic, Sylvan
Feats: Spell Sniper
Weapons and Armor: Light crossbow & 20 bolts | 2 Daggers
Starting Other Gear: Arcane focus, explorer's pack, holy symbol, prayer book, 5 sticks of incense, vestments, a set of common clothes & a belt pouch with 15 gold
Spells 0- [Cantrips: Ray of Frost, Fire Bolt, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation]; 1- [Spells: Magic Missile, Witch Bolt]

Personality: Kaija is a woman who fears that which she can not control, especially when it is something which seems to reside within her.  When she was a child, her magic was a source of great concern for her family and it was this terror of their own daughter that drove them to hand her over to the temple.  Luckily, a kind priestess ensured that the Fey-touched child found her way to an order more suited to her nature, where her magic was not considered a detriment.  Even so, the memory of her parents and the unpredictability of her magic, even now, pushes her to try and control all other aspects of her life.  Some find this adherence to her personal code and attempt to keep herself in check something of a bore, but she would rather get teased for not drinking more than one cup of alcohol in one sitting, than risk getting drunk and losing control.  A meticulous, well-ordered mind is essential...chaos leads to madness, and it only takes one slip to fall down the rabbit hole.

Personality Trait - I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them and always working toward peace.
Ideal - I trust that my deity will guide my actions.  I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well.
Bond - I will do anything to protect the temple where I served.
Flaw - I must constantly fight the urge to cast off the restraints of civilization and indulge in my more base instincts.

NightLux

Quote from: RedPhoenix on April 20, 2017, 04:52:31 PM
Name: Rosalie Sinhartha Vesparia Wy'cosa
Race: High Elf
Ability Scores (before adjustments): STR 8 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 15 WIS 13 CHA 10
Ability Scores (after adjustments): STR 8 DEX 16 CON 12 INT 16 WIS 13 CHA 10
Class and chosen class skills: Wizard 1, Arcana, Investigation
Archetype (if applicable already): n/a
Background: Cloistered Scholar - History, Religion
Languages: Common, Elven, Celestial, Primordial, Draconic
Weapons and Armor: Dagger,
Starting Other Gear: Arcane Focus, Explorer's Pack, Scholar's Robes, Writing Kit, Borrowed Book on Ancient Ruins, 10 gp.
Spells 0-[Firebolt, Mending, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation]; 1-[Alarm, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Magic Missile, Shield, Sleep]

For an elf, Rosalie is rather plain. The fact that she cares little for her personal appearance does not aid this. While she is particular about keeping herself clean that is more due to being a fragile scholar than anything related to vanity, and she cares little for what she wears. She sees little point in impractical jewelry and isn't impressed at all by makeup and tattoos other than their debatable cultural significance. She has a rather average body with an average face to match. Her noble ancestry is apparent in her haughty features and she suffers from a nasty case of resting bitch face. When she speaks of something she is interested in, she becomes animated with almost childlike enthusiasm, and she forgets all social anxiety and disquiet about interacting with others in pursuit of knowledge and ancient wonders. She believes in the pursuit of lost knowledge above all, because she believes acquiring it again will help more people than defeating one small evil ever would. She is prepared to sacrifice much to achieve it!

All checks out mechanically.  Let's assume she operates out of Starfall in one of the libraries there.  I've got a raging headache so thinking isn't my strong suit right now.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

RedPhoenix

Quote from: NightLux on April 21, 2017, 09:52:03 AM
All checks out mechanically.  Let's assume she operates out of Starfall in one of the libraries there.  I've got a raging headache so thinking isn't my strong suit right now.

Works for me! :D

...the library, not the headache. Feel better soon! :(

NightLux

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on April 20, 2017, 07:20:16 PM
  Okay here's the basics for my two character ideas:

Name: Leo Rindz-ra of Thranwall
Race: Feat variant human (feat: Shield Master, extra skill: Medicine)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Strength: 15   Dexterity: 10    Constitution: 13   Intelligence: 13    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 10
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Strength: 16   Dexterity: 10    Constitution: 14   Intelligence: 13    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 10
Class and chosen class skills: Fighter – Athletics and Perception
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Noble – Persuasion and History, cards
Languages: Common, Giant and Draconic
Weapons and Armor: Chainmail, 2 shields, battle axe, light crossbow (40), dagger
Starting Other Gear: signet ring, scroll of pedigree, 1 gold, 4 silver, 9 copper, set of fine clothes, tinder box, explorer’s pack, hunting trap, whetstone, healer’s kit
Spells 0-[Cantrips]; 1-[Spells] N/A

Background and personality: Growing up behind thick stone walls in a land cool in summer and frigid in winter, Leo realized from a young age that fighting was a very good way of keeping warm, something his entire culture had noted, as everyone, from the farmer to the earl, would take up a blade in hand come first snow, and when it thawed, they would head out to foreigner lands to test their acquired skills. However whilst bloodthirsty, his people were not complete savages, and peaceful contact with others whilst not quite the norm did occur. As the third son, Leo was promised daughter of a southern lord, and stayed in those lands even after the marriage, where he made some friends, learned to read and gamble, and continued to practice with the blade and shield. Eventually though he found himself guarding another, relying on shield more than axe, a strange choice but one he grew into.

Though he likes to entertain a fantasy of being the strong silent type, Leo cannot help but enjoy the company of others. He dislikes talking about his home, which he has grown to somehow miss and scorn at the same time, but will tell stories of his travels and from the books he’s read. Though open enough, he always keeps himself half a step away from others; it takes a lot of effort before he will consider someone a close friend.

Appearance: Leo’s sandy blonde hair is still long, but he rarely finds the time to braid it anymore. Despite a slight slouch he still stands tall, strong, with a deliberate gracelessness to his movements. He has tawny eyes and a trimmed beard.

**********************************************************************************

Name: Oriros Tein
Race: Half-elf (extra skills: Intimidate and Perception)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Strength: 13   Dexterity: 12    Constitution: 11   Intelligence: 12    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 14
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Strength: 14   Dexterity: 12    Constitution: 12   Intelligence: 12    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 16
Class and chosen class skills: Bard (Athletics, Deception and Persuasion, chosen instruments: Horn, bagpipes, pan flute)
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Animal Handle and Survival, vehicles (land), brewer’s supplies
Languages: Common, Elven and Orc
Weapons and Armor: leather armour, dagger, longsword, sling (40)
Starting Other Gear: horn, shovel, iron pot, 4 gold, 6 silver, 2 copper, entertainers pack, brewers supplies, tinderbox, grappling hook, 50ft hemp rope, 3 flasks of oil, 3 waterskin of ale, 1 waterskin of common wine,
Spells 0-[Cantrips - Viscious Mockery and Friends]; 1-[Spells - Bane, Heroism, Sleep and Thunderwave]

Background and personality: A union thought impossible by some, Oriros has the blood of both an orc and an elf inside him, bit a dash of human blood to act as a buffer, though he pays this part of his heritage little heed. Though his parents union was one of love, their differing natures ensured he could not grow up in a household of harmony, despite their best efforts to preserve the peace around him. He took to wandering the streets to escape it all, and quickly grew adept at bloodying his knuckles, and taking a blow to his chin standing.

Whilst not a scholar by any stretch of the imagination, he was interested in both elven and orc culture, and showed an enthusiasm for learning the tales of each people. He set off from home at the age of 14, and in the decade since then he has made quite a name for himself as fearless combatant of monsters and bandits. Motivated by a mixture of a desire for fame and a need to help the down trodden, Oiriros is careful and measured until blood is spilt, his or his enemies. Afterwards he likes to drink, alone or in company, and with very close friends he will share his ale.

Appearance: Oiriros is a rather brutish looking half-elf. His orcish heritage has not entirely robbed the soft looks of the his elven side, but it has certainly contrasted it, with an ashen tone to the skin, large, pointed teeth behind thin lips, the pale blue eyes deep set, his forehead perpetually wrinkled in a half snarl, and his hair thick and wiry. He is heavily built, but moves with a touch of grace rare but not unheard of for someone of his size.

Either of these works at first glance.  I didn't see what fighting style you were thinking of for the fighter (I assume TWF?).  A good tank would be useful since just glancing at everyone else, we have a wizard, a sorcerer, a warlock and someone PM'ed me about another warlock concept.

But I also love bards.  And I'll tailor whatever is needed for the party.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

eternaldarkness

I was talking to our GM about an Artificer, but I also noticed we look pretty squishy with a soft frontline. So if necessary I'll do something tankier.