Join the KWHY News Team Today! (Still Recruiting for staff positions)

Started by Blinkin, January 12, 2014, 11:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Hi Chrys! Welcome and I'm glad that I could peak your interest. I see lots of serious stories and lots of sex stories, but haven't really seen anything intentionally light and humorous, so here I am filling the nitche.

We have an anchor who is also doing the political side of stories, but I don't see court/crime reporting being the same thing. I would like to see more behind the camera characters, but they are more as an option for characters to interact with than really nessessary roles. Camera-people and sound techs are easy enough to NPC.

What we have as interest at this point is:

Marja JoHannsen (Director, KWHY Morning News) (Blinkin
Anchor/political commentator (Robelwell202)
co-anchor (chaoslord29)
Sports Reporter (Eiselmann)
Traffic (kckolb)
Meterologist (Kerri)
Roaming Reporter (
Roaming Camera-person (Kimra)e
Roaming Reporter #2 (Irishfire87
Make-up (Yugishogun)
Security Guard (Thrasius)

At this point, I might as well sit down and start coming up with a character sheet and see what we get.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Chrystal

Quote from: chaoslord29 on January 17, 2014, 01:07:13 PM
An irreverent, non-conforming, anti-establishment, chain-smoking punk with a press badge? Certainly seems to fit the theme . . . If I'm not presuming too much.

Yup, that's basically it....

Her reports from the courthouse would mostly consist of stuff like "Today in court a dangerous criminal pres- pr- They did someything criminally dangerous for the first time, by attempting to silence the power of the press..." When they throw her out. Of course she knows better than to get charged with contempt, or more accurately, she knows that the best way to get out of a contempt charge is to apologise to the judge and leave the court room, but she always reports it as though she's been thrown out.

Quote from: Blinkin on January 17, 2014, 01:15:48 PM
Hi Chrys! Welcome and I'm glad that I could peak your interest. I see lots of serious stories and lots of sex stories, but haven't really seen anything intentionally light and humorous, so here I am filling the nitche.

I do light and humorous occasionally...  *winks*

QuoteWe have an anchor who is also doing the political side of stories, but I don't see court/crime reporting being the same thing. I would like to see more behind the camera characters, but they are more as an option for characters to interact with than really nessessary roles. Camera-people and sound techs are easy enough to NPC.

I totally forgot, and I apologise. The image I posted is of a rather butch punk girl covered in tattoos and piercings (well not so many piercings, but that's because it's a sample picture) smoking a cigarette.

Basically see above, my reply to Chaoslord!

I would be quite happy to create a character who sits in the control box and pushes the buttons on the control panel to switch from camera to camera and bring the live feeds in, and who is a totally dyslexic klutz. She could also be the station's electrician if you want...?

QuoteWhat we have as interest at this point is:

Marja JoHannsen (Director, KWHY Morning News) (Blinkin
Anchor/political commentator (Robelwell202)
co-anchor (chaoslord29)
Sports Reporter (Eiselmann)
Traffic (kckolb)
Meterologist (Kerri)
Roaming Reporter (
Roaming Camera-person (Kimra)e
Roaming Reporter #2 (Irishfire87
Make-up (Yugishogun)
Security Guard (Thrasius)

At this point, I might as well sit down and start coming up with a character sheet and see what we get.

That's a good idea.

Actually I think I like the technician character better because she's always going to be in play... Could I create two characters? Have the court reporter as an extra one?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Blinkin

Hmmm... I've already told one person that I didn't want multiple characters at this point when he suggested triplets as interns...

But the court reporter is sooooo interesting. *sobs*

Ok, I'll change my ruling slightly. IF a player wants to create two characters who do two different things... as an example, someone in front of the camera and someone behind it, I'll allow two characters. If you're creative, you can still come up with other segments or reports to do.

Chrys, don't suppose you might help me out with character bio's? Heard from Amazon lately?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blinkin

Ok, here's a fairly basic character bio. The more that you give, the more that I can do to... I mean with the character. ;)

Played By:
Name:
Sexual Orientation:
Position Applying For:
Personality:
Physical Description:
Image:
History:
Quirk(s):
Character On’s/Off’s:
Players On’s/Off’s:
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Blinkin, since traffic is a pretty minor role, he could always have a secondary duty.  Just throwing that out there.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Yukina

Played By: Yugishogun
Name: Susan Sycamore
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Position Applying For: Make-up Department
Personality: Susan is quite weird. Due to her past accident, her mind has been very scrambled. She tends to be very whimsical and energetic. Susan loves to explore and try new things, leading to her weird style choices.
Physical Description: Susan is five foot three and bares a skinny body. She is average in the bust department, though her rear is very nice.
Image:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
History: Susan was born to a set of rich and conservative parents. The wealthy girl followed their ways for the first eighteen years of her life. A certain tennis accident, however, changed her completely. A stray tennis ball hit her hard in the frontal lobe scrambled her old snooty personality into that of a carefree, kind, and accepting girl. Her parents, not wanting to deal with "such an eyesore", sent off with couple thousand dollars and disowned her. Wanting to help others look good and feel good about themselves, she eventually decided to become a make-up artist. Having no training, she got a job at KWHY news.
Quirk(s): Susan is borderline crazy and chooses weird style choices when she works on the staff.
Character On’s/Off’s: She's willing to try almost any thing/Same as player offs
Players On’s/Off’s: Mostly anything/Anal, mutilation, gore, snuff 

Kerri

I'll try to get a character sheet up by later today or tomorrow.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Blinkin

Quote from: kckolbe on January 17, 2014, 02:58:46 PM
Blinkin, since traffic is a pretty minor role, he could always have a secondary duty.  Just throwing that out there.

The actual news broadcast is probably going to be a secondary point to the characters activities while not on the air, so to speak. But, if you want him to pick up another job, toss it out. and we'll see how it works. The morning traffic guy on my own local news does a weekly community interest story, the evening traffic guy is on about 2 minutes and that's pretty much his day. So, it's up to you what you do.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chrystal

Quote from: Blinkin on January 17, 2014, 01:55:59 PM
Hmmm... I've already told one person that I didn't want multiple characters at this point when he suggested triplets as interns...

But the court reporter is sooooo interesting. *sobs*

Ok, I'll change my ruling slightly. IF a player wants to create two characters who do two different things... as an example, someone in front of the camera and someone behind it, I'll allow two characters. If you're creative, you can still come up with other segments or reports to do.

A technical engineer who is also the court reporter just wouldn't work, sadly. I think that is a wise ruling, oh wise one. No, seriously, allowing people to have more than one character in a group game means that if one character gets bogged down or sidelined for whatever reason, the player can still participate with the other character.

I agree, however, that allowing a player to have two or more (virtually) identical characters is not a good idea. So, one character in front of the camera and one behind, and you don't pair your own characers up, because that's plain dumb, in my humble opinion!

QuoteChrys, don't suppose you might help me out with character bio's? Heard from Amazon lately?

Be happy to. In what way would you like me to help?

Yes I have, we're just starting a one-shot. I will kick her transvestite dominatrix backside and get her to create that character for our three-way... You have to be patient with her, my friend.

My character sheets will be up tomorrow, i think...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kerri

I was wanting to know if it would be okay if we gave our characters two names? One for on screen and one for off.  My character definitely wants a screen name, Stormy Weathers.... I did say she would be a bit ditzy, right? ;)

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Kerri

Played By: Kerri
Name: Angela Rodriguez, aka Stormy Weathers (on screen)
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Position Applying For: Meteorologist
Personality: Angela is a ditzy girl. She likes to party, go to clubs, and she likes being the center of attention. She thinks her fashion sense is the best, others tend to believe it's a bit on the trashy side. She uses her nightclub attire for work. Her thinking on the matter, if it gets her attention in the club, then it must be fine. She is generally a sweet girl, or at least her intentions are good. She doesn't think twice before giving anyone and everyone unwanted advice about their style.
Image:
Physical Description: Angela is latina, standing 5'6" when not in her heels, although you very rarely will find her without them. She has dark brown hair and eyes, some would describe them as being more black than they are brown. Her long hair easily reaches her waist line when straightened, although depending on the day depends on the style. Not overly thin, she has what is typical of a lot of hispanic women, slightly thicker hips and thighs and a slightly larger than average bust, she is physically fit though, and it's noticeable in the clothing she chooses.
History: Angela grew up the only child of an upper middle class family. She was the apple of her mother and fathers' eyes and she could truly do no wrong. She was spoiled and very rarely told no. Her parents happily paid her way through college and encouraged her even though she had barely passing grades, the night life was much more interesting than school ever could be. She has always dreamed of being in front of the cameras though. Her dreams typically pushing her towards modeling just weren't ever to pan out though, while attending college she was scammed by various shady characters promising her an elite modeling career. Her parents consistently bailed her out of any issues that arose though. Finally after one more quick attempt scheme caught her in its trap, they sat Angela down and told her that they would be having no more of it, that the next financial issue she had she would be taking care of herself. It didn't stop her from dreaming but it did control her urges for a sudden induction into the world of fame and fortune.
Quirk(s): Angela thinks her fashion sense is the "only" fashion sense. She loves talking about clothing, and tends to only wear clothing that is more appropriate for a night club. She will gladly tell anyone her opinion of what is right or wrong about their appearance. She considers all of her advice helpful even when it's a bit on the brutal side. She will blatantly talk about prices of clothing, especially if she has seen it on sale somewhere. Lots of times she might be wrong, especially with men's wear, but no one will convince her of that. If she says she saw your suit on sale at the Suit Emporium there is nothing you can see or do that will make her believe otherwise, even showing her the receipt of said purchase won't convince her that it wasn't the suit she saw there.
She is slightly ditzy, not to be confused with dumb, but her interests are very light in nature, the most recent celeb relationships, the what's hot and what's not section of the most popular mags, which actress was seen in what designer. She really has no interest in scholarly things, and has the tendency to try to turn any conversation into one about her fashion sense.
She is a sweet girl, who really means the best, but doesn't always go about saying or doing things the right way to get her thoughts across.
Character On’s/Off’s:
Players On’s/Off’s: My o/o's

More Images

Feel free to let me know if this character sheet is okay, if anything needs changed I'll be happy to do so. I went ahead and included her "on screen" name if that's not okay, I'll gladly delete it.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Blinkin

The characters look good so far. The stage name is unusual, but I won't say no to it... it's nearing on copyrights with Stormy Clearweather (The Reba Show), but since she seems something like that ditzy blonde anyway... whynot. lol

I would tend to agree that involving two characters that a single player is running sort of defeats the purpose, but I was thinking of the fact that sometimes a single character may get bogged down and a second may be useful in that regard. I expect both characters to be active. The decision to keep them in seperate parts of the game (behind the camera and in front of it) is to give more diversity in the game and it makes sure that there'll be a range of characters. The technician and the court reporter is an excellent example. The technician is active in one way, the reporter in another so it should give both characters different dynamics among the others.

Chrys, no worries, I was just curious if I had driven off yet another partner. ;) I've been waiting patiently and thought I would ask. I should of written a PM though.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Kerri

Quote from: Blinkin on January 18, 2014, 12:37:17 AM
The characters look good so far. The stage name is unusual, but I won't say no to it... it's nearing on copyrights with Stormy Clearweather (The Reba Show), but since she seems something like that ditzy blonde anyway... whynot. lol

This is where my lack of knowledge about tv and movies usually gets me in trouble. It just seemed like a artsy touch that my character would absolutely love, thinking that it made her clever. If you're not 100% with the idea though, I'll gladly take it out, it was just a quirk.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Blinkin

Nah, it's cool. I said if you want to do it, go for it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Kerri

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Thrasius

I'm gonna go ahead and drop out. Don't want to be in over my head, especially during the first week of school. Have fun and good luck! :)

Blinkin

Thanks for letting us know. Probably better to do so before things get going. Good luck with school
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Robelwell202

After some strong consideration, I don't know if I could do this game justice.  I shall be bowing out, and I do thank everyone for their consideration.

Best regards, R
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Angel Fire

Sorry to see you go, Robelwell.  Maybe that might open up a spot for me?

I know that I can't play both an anchor and political commentator but... what if the main anchor is a woman?  I am thinking that maybe my anchor could be very serious but has a male anchor that acts sort of like Ron Burgandy from the Anchorman series.  She could be appalled at what the co-anchor says but due to her professionalism, she has to roll with the punches.

I am thinking that on camera and on the job, my anchor is as professional as they come... but off camera, she has a slight wild side that may prevent her from accepting any job in a major city.

What would y'all think about that?
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

kckolbe

I'm not sure if this was intended, Angle Fire, but maybe a news anchor or co anchor that is occasionally the subject of news herself?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Angel Fire

*Giggles* Thank you for calling me by a geometry name (happens all of the time with tipos Lol)... but that could be a wonderful idea... especially if her sexuality is an issue or she witnesses a crime by being at the right place at the wrong time?
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

kckolbe

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/fire-breathing-angle.jpg

Is this not your avi?  Sorry, kinda careless today.

I was thinking of her being like a Lohan or Bynes, always in trouble of really minor things (I say really minor because since she isn't as famous, her crimes would be smaller, maybe public indecency kinda things)

Intro Thread

Angel Fire

*Giggles with the pic*  Very nice!

The off camera things would certainly fit with the Lohan and Bynes angle.  Maybe my girl has a drinking problem and when she has too much after a newscast... bad things happen.  I could see her as a flirt when she is drinking... to both men AND women.  Maybe she gets caught partying at a a small boat in one of the lakes?

I could see my girl denying everything when she is sober during the newscast.  Gods, this could be a riot to play out!

kckolbe

Very welcome.  But yeah, I like the idea a lot.  Looking forward to seeing her.

Intro Thread

Angel Fire

Sweet!  i'll work on her in my morning.  Hope that yu will like her.  Just one last question.

Shall I keep with the age of the Lohan and Bynes angle and have her be mid to late 20's?