(Interest Check)Ravnica Will Fall and the Planes Will Follow! (MtG Lore Heavy)

Started by someinheritthewealth, March 01, 2014, 04:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

someinheritthewealth

Here's the deal I need at least five people including me and the story is there knowledge of Magic the Gathering is rather important especially the current setting.

Link to OOC thread

QuoteOkay everyone you are people who have all taken interest in the big MtG plot the return of Yawgmoth and his alliance with Nicol Bolas, the goal to destroy and completely desciminate Ravnica and lead to destruction or fate similar to Mirrodin, Serra's Realm and Phyrexia. Why Ravnica because it's one of the few realms that can still stand up to them both.

The plan during Dragon Maze was to create a group that would crush and destroy the guilds but Niv Mizzet and Jace fully realized what was happening and forged the Guild Pact a new... Aurelia being Aurelia is fully concerned with the fact that the Gateless were far too organized to be mere anarchist and wishes to find the source of this, unsure what to expect.

One thing for sure Ravnica existence is on the brink and no one knows except one Planewalkers, Elspeth who witnessed the supposed death of Yawgmoth with the destruction of fellow planewalkers Urza, to completely end Yawgmoth, but much like a tenacious being he is, he survived and allied with Nicol Bolas who has a personal vendetta with Jace and has told Yawgmoth is they destroy Ravnica or corrupt it, then it could end up like Phyrexia, why are these two meglomanical bastards working together, who knows, but they are and only Elspeth knows, the Gateless was merely the beginning.

Rajah

Your OOC link doesn't work, but anyway, this is potentially interesting. Will players be young Planeswalkers or what? Will this be narrative-guided or sandbox, especially in relation to player cooperation? I can imagine if one player is Simic and another Azorius they're not really gonna get along unless there's a make-it-work mandate OOC.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Rajah on March 01, 2014, 04:57:09 PM
Your OOC link doesn't work, but anyway, this is potentially interesting. Will players be young Planeswalkers or what? Will this be narrative-guided or sandbox, especially in relation to player cooperation? I can imagine if one player is Simic and another Azorius they're not really gonna get along unless there's a make-it-work mandate OOC.

It's more lore heavy based and the characters... I am going Aurelia myself, you can play a main part. Note the Guild Pact is reforged so it's not totally lawless, there's an order.

Ace Flyer

This sounds interesting. Though, how will you account for the fact that Elspeth has retired to Theros, trying to lay down her arms and not be drawn into these kinds of conflicts any more?

Anyway, count me interested. Probably as a character from Orzhov...Teysa, if allowed? Also, I found this article, "Ravnica, Then and Now". Is it a good brush up on the lore for what happens before this game?

someinheritthewealth

This is before the events of Theros just after the Dragon's Maze also I can try have the lore fit, but it's not perfect and sure :), Orzhov would be concerned about Ravnica since they control so much of it.

Oh btw I fixed the link to OOC.

Ace Flyer

Hmm...Well, without the Theros storyline being finished, setting it before Elspeth tries to retire there might be best. Currently, she has been cast out and exiled by the poleis of Theros for being tricked, and allowed a rather unpleasant satyr to ascend to godhood. You could say that during this exile, she returns to Ravnica, but...Eh, that could leave people (like me ^^;; ) tempted to bring other Theros characters in. As much as I utterly love the Greco-Roman setting and would love to play characters from there, they simply wouldn't fit in Ravnica.

But yeah, as far as I'm currently aware, Teysa is re-uniting the different parts of the Orzhov to reaffirm their grip on the land rights they own, as Niv-Mizzet was trying to expand and build new research facilities for the Izzet. Do you want us all limited to one character for this, I assume?

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Ace Flyer on March 02, 2014, 11:50:01 AM
Hmm...Well, without the Theros storyline being finished, setting it before Elspeth tries to retire there might be best. Currently, she has been cast out and exiled by the poleis of Theros for being tricked, and allowed a rather unpleasant satyr to ascend to godhood. You could say that during this exile, she returns to Ravnica, but...Eh, that could leave people (like me ^^;; ) tempted to bring other Theros characters in. As much as I utterly love the Greco-Roman setting and would love to play characters from there, they simply wouldn't fit in Ravnica.

But yeah, as far as I'm currently aware, Teysa is re-uniting the different parts of the Orzhov to reaffirm their grip on the land rights they own, as Niv-Mizzet was trying to expand and build new research facilities for the Izzet. Do you want us all limited to one character for this, I assume?

Yes and I will limit this to Ravnica block the end, because the Gateless storyline was never sorted and it infuriates me, far more interesting than the Maze. Note I am not against Aurelia getting romantically involved with someone :). Just saying, and yes this is before she goes to Theros. Since there no set timeline on this really we can say this all takes place before Theros.

Ace Flyer

Gotcha. ^^

I'm putting my name in for Teysa, for now. I need to get the books soon and read them, to make sure I can play her properly. But yeah, I'm fine with having Teysa available for romance as well.

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Ace Flyer on March 02, 2014, 12:08:03 PM
Gotcha. ^^

I'm putting my name in for Teysa, for now. I need to get the books soon and read them, to make sure I can play her properly. But yeah, I'm fine with having Teysa available for romance as well.

Teysa and Aurelia stranger things had happened :P.

someinheritthewealth

BTW just to tell you got someone to play both Yawgmoth and Bolas :).

Vostroya

Quote from: someinheritthewealth on March 02, 2014, 12:14:34 PM
BTW just to tell you got someone to play both Yawgmoth and Bolas :).

And that person is me!  >:)

Yawgmoth
Full Name Yawgmoth, The Ineffable to his servants and referred to The Lord of the Wastes throughout Dominarian mythology.

Allegiance: Phyrexia

Allies: Nicol Bolas

Powers: Unkown, It has been so long since another has faced Yawgmoth, his powers have been left up to legend and rumor. However strong he is, he is a terrible threat to any.

Background: 

Early life

Yawgmoth was born during the last century of the Thran Empire in the middle of the conflicts between the elite imperialists and republican rabble. Due to his fascination with the human body and his view that it was a marvelous machine, Yawgmoth was a eugenicist. Unfortunately for him, the republicans lost the power struggle, and all their followers, including the eugenicists, were exiled.

During his exile, Yawgmoth journeyed the globe, visiting many different civilizations, and showing them all just how ruthless and cold-hearted he was. During this time, he committed many atrocities, of which the following are known:

Yawgmoth set the Black-Cough upon the dwarves of Oryn Deeps, inciting a workers rebellion that nearly killed the dwarven king and ended 1,000 years of dwarven rule.
    He turned the Creeping Mold of Argoth into a virulent plague that ate away the elves there. He also kidnapped their priest Elyssendril Lademmdrith and her healers, ordering the elves to pay ransom for their leader and their cure. When the elves paid, he delivered to them only sweetened water and 12 dead healers.
    He set the White Death upon the minotaurs of Talruum, just to study its effects.
    He gave the leaders of the cat people nations rabies, after which they tore each other to pieces.
    He poisoned the human tribes of Gulatto Meisha.
    He pithed and vivisected the Bey of the Viashino of Shiv.

The rationale as to such actions is unclear; but, Yawgmoth claimed only to be interested in the working of plagues and other diseases. Lust for power or a perverse, sadistic interest in pain could also be part of his motivations.

After five years in exile, Yawgmoth was recalled to the Thran capitol of Halcyon, where the people were unaware of his inhumane actions. The chief artificer Glacian had caught a strange disease that was but exacerbated when treated by Thran healing magic, so Glacian's wife Rebbec used her influence as chief architect to bring back Yawgmoth, hoping his expertise in eugenics could find a cure.

Thran stones

Yawgmoth discovered that Glacian's disease, which he called phthisis, was caused by powerstone radiation. Most of the Untouchables, exiled Thran that lived in the Caves of the Damned, under the powerstone-producing Mana Rig, had also caught the disease. Upon hearing this, the man who stabbed Glacian, Gix, started rallying his people to rebel and take vengeance upon the Thran.

Yawgmoth convinced Halcyon’s elders to give him more funding and apprentices to study the disease. From the healer Xod he got the idea to use metals to create a serum against phthisis. When Gix led a massive rebellion on Halcyon, Yawgmoth managed to quell it by offering free serum to the Untouchables. For his actions, Yawgmoth was made a member of the council of Halcyon, and was allowed to make laws to regulate public health. Yawgmoth started sending inflicted people down into the Caves of the Damned, and had healthy Untouchables return to the city, using this to eliminate his enemies from the city. During this time, Rebbec and Yawgmoth started falling in love, although neither of them acted deeply upon it.

Yawgmoth was diluting the serum he gave to the Untouchables, claiming not to have enough resources to make enough. This caused Gix to feel rebellious again, and he started to send Untouchables, both healthy and sick, up to Halcyon. Yawgmoth used this to get more funding and complete control over the Halcyte Guard.

One day the planeswalker Dyfed visited Glacian, wanting to meet the genius in real life, and also to learn about his own spark, though she said nothing of it. Yawgmoth walked in on the meeting and managed to talk Dyfed into aiding him. Dyfed agreed to find a plane where Yawgmoth could build his own paradise.

When Gix led another large riot on the city, Yawgmoth was prepared. He made an artifact, based on Glacian's designs, to control all powerstone technology in the city. With it and the Halcyte Guard, he managed to stop the invasion and force Gix into complete obedience.

After the city had been rebuilt, Halcyon held a great festival to honor Yawgmoth, but shortly before it a strange group of delegates appeared. They were representatives of the nations Yawgmoth hurt so badly during his exile and they came to declare war on all who stood by Yawgmoth. The council voted on whether Yawgmoth could stay, but the votes went 50/50. Only because Yawgmoth and Rebbec were members of the council themselves, Yawgmoth got to stay. He immediately overthrew the council and imprisoned its elders, as well as the delegates.

Sometime later, Dyfed opened a permanent portal from Dominaria to Phyrexia, the plane which Yawgmoth wanted to make his paradise. Yawgmoth bound himself to the plane within its core, becoming a god while staying there. He started to bring phthisis patients to Phyrexia, where they were implanted with empty powerstones that drain away their sickness. The newly arrived slowly began to evolve as well, growing longer, thinner, stronger and faster. Yawgmoth hid the two halves of the powerstone Dyfed cracked to power the portal inside Glacian’s wounds.

Yawgmoth fared quite well while warring with the alliance of nations against him. Using the Halcyte Guard, soldiers mutated in Phyrexia and stonechargers, he could overcome any army that stood against him. Even when Dyfed turned on him he did not give in. When she was stunned at the horror Phyrexia had become, he stabbed her in the back of the head with a powerstone dagger, disabling the planeswalker, hoping to disect her and learn what she had that enabled her to planeswalk. Rebbec removed the powerstone however, mercy-killing Dyfed.

But not all went well for him. He had used the Null Sphere to filter away the deadly gasses left behind by the stonechargers before they reached Halcyon. When the artificers that controlled it sacrificed their own lives to sabotage the Sphere, Halcyon was destroyed, all its inhabitants fleeing to Phyrexia or being eaten away.

Yawgmoth had planned to stay in Phyrexia for a while and emerge again when the death cloud had lifted, but Rebbec had finally seen what a monstrosity he was, and used the powerstones Yawgmoth had planted in her husband to close the portal between Phyrexia and Dominaria, locking Yawgmoth and his followers out for all eternity.

Or at least until the stones would be removed.

Sleeper agents

For ages Yawgmoth altered the Thran that had come to Phyrexia while fleeing the gasses from the stonechargers into true Phyrexians. Using planar portals the Phyrexians journeyed to many planes which they conquered, while they used its inhabitants as raw material for the Newts, as Phyrexians who had not been augumented were known. But Yawgmoth was not happy, for somehow Rebbec had completely locked him out of Dominaria.

Then came the day the archeologist brothers Urza and Mishra disturbed the powerstone sealing the portal while exploring the Caves of the Damned, now known as the Caves of Koilos. Yawgmoth sent Gix, now a fully completed Phyrexian and a member of his Inner Circle, through the portal as a scout. Gix planned to manipulate the Brothers, who had started a war. Having his minions, the Brotherhood of Gix, infiltrate both sides and eventually replacing Mishra with a Phyrexian, Gix hoped to magnify the war until it had destroyed all civilization on the continent, allowing for a simple infiltration by the Pyrexian Forces built up by Yawgmoth over the centuries. During the war's end, Urza activated the Golgothian Sylex, an artifact so powerful it completely devastated the world of Dominaria. Gix fled back to Phyrexia, telling Yawgmoth of what had happened. Gix's plans to infiltrate Dominarian society via the Sleeper Agents was approved by the dark god, but the first few attempts failed for all the Agents looked alike. The sudden apearance of many people looking exactly similar had caused panic among the Dominarians, who proceeded to kill any they came across. Gix planned to try again, but by then the Shard of the Twelve Worlds was completed. The Shard had been a side effect of the Sylex Blast: it locked twelve worlds from the other planes of the multiverse, trapping many planeswalkers inside, but also keeping the Phyrexians outside. A furious Yawgmoth had Gix thrown into the 7th Sphere of Phyrexia, where he would be tortured for all eternity.

Then Urza, who had died in the blast, but was reborn a planeswalker, attacked Phyrexia. Moments before he activated the Sylex, Urza discovered his brother had been turned into a machine and had gone completely insane, blaming those responsible for turning his brother into a machine for all the wrongs of the Brothers' War. To add more fire to his hate, Urza's eyes had been replaced with the Mightstone and the Weakstone, the two halves of the powerstone that contained Glacian's spirit. Having met the Newt Xantcha, who had been intended as a Sleeper Agent but had been turned into an expendable servant now that the Agents couldn't be deployed, Urza had discovered Phyrexia was responsible and had created a monstrous machine-dragon to attack the plane. He managed to blast a gigantic hole in the plane, all the way down to the 4th Sphere, but then Yawgmoth himself invaded his mind and made him go even more insane. Urza fled and for years he traveled from plane to plane, the Phyrexians always on his heels, for Yawgmoth couldn't let someone who planned to destroy Phyrexia go unpunished. Urza was eventually healed by Serra, but after he left the Phyrexians even invaded her realm and corrupted it.

Then Freyalise, desperate to be free from the Shard, cast the World Spell, opening Dominaria to Yawgmoth once again. He released Gix from his torment, since he knew more about fighting Urza and infiltrating Dominaria than anyone else, but while Gix was initially successful Urza returned to his homeplane as well. He first destroyed all Sleeper Agents and then killed Gix.

Lord of the Wastes

Yawgmoth started with a different plan: instead of infiltrating Dominaria, he would prepare for a full blown invasion. He started to amass an army and created the plane of Rath, which he planned to fill with troops and then merge it with Dominaria, placing all his forces there in a single moment.

He did continue to send troops after Urza though. One of the more succesful ones was K'rrik, a Sleeper Agent who tracked down Urza's academy on Tolaria, where mages were trained and artifacts were built to fight Phyrexia. K'rrik succeeded in destroying the place, but Urza sent the silver golem Karn back in time to prevent this. He succeeded, but the timemachine overheated and destroyed the academy nonetheless. When Urza returned ten years later he found that the time streams of the island had been twisted. In someplaces ten thousand years happened in a single second, in other it was the other way around. Trapped inside a slow-time bubble K'rrik had ages to prepare for an attack on Urza, but the planeswalker eventualy managed to defeat him with the help of the nature-spirit Multani.

While the evincars of Rath started to overlay small parts of the plane with Dominaria, in preparation for the coming invasion, the artificial plane filled up with beings from Dominaria on which the Phyrexians could experiment. Among them were the Kor, humans with strange elongated skulls. When the Inner Circle member Croag, who oversaw the progress of the plane, discovered humans with Phyrexian traits in them in Benalia, the truth about the Kor was revealed: Urza had started the Bloodline project, a grand plan to manipulate the breeding patterns of several groups of Dominarians to create perfect warriors to fight Phyrexia. The project resulted in ordinary humans with an affinity for tracking down and fighting Phyrexians, and in the Metathran, genetically engineered warriors with no will of their own, eerily similar to the Phyrexians they were designed to fight. After discovering this Yawgmoth increased the raids on Dominaria, tracking down the Bloodline results and killing them. Croag devastated the nation of Keld, where the renegade Bloodline researcher Gatha had created humans like Kreig, who were able to severely wound an Inner Circle member. Some slipped through the attacks though, like Gerrard, the true heir to Urza's Legacy, a collection of artifacts made for the single purpose of destroying Yawgmoth. The attacks were so frequent at times though, that they started to play a role in local myths. Stories about the Lord of the Wastes, a machine-lord who waged eternal war on Dominaria, started to appear from Benalia to Jamuraa.

Phyrexian invasion

During the Phyrexian invasion of Dominaria Yawgmoth mostly stayed behind in Phyrexia, guiding his troops from afar. It wasn't until the last moments of the war that he returned to Dominaria after 9000 years. He did so in the form of a hemisphere-spanning death cloud that killed Dominaria's defenders and resurrected them to fight for Phyrexia.

But there was still hope for the plane though: Urza and Gerrard hovered high overhead on the Weatherlight, the main part of the Legacy. They punctured the Null Moon itself and used the white mana it had been gathering ever since those Thran artificers launched it into the sky and caused Yawgmoth's first defeat. Yawgmoth tried to flee back to Phyrexia, but the Stone Druids had activated the volcano under the Stronghold, covering the only portal to Phyrexia left under deep magma. Yawgmoth was hurt by the white mana, but survived and took the form of giant tentacles that attacked the Weatherlight, but this time Gerrard took out Urza's gemstone eyes, the two halves of the powerstone that had locked out Yawgmoth and contained the spirit of Glacian. He placed them in the cavities in Karn's chest and completed the Legacy. The exact working of the Legacy device are unknown, but it created a sentient light that dissolved his death-cloud form, killing him.

Rebirth

Though thought to be completely killed in the final battle. Much like the Phyrexian oil, as long as a small drop of it remains, it always comes back and stronger than ever. Now that he has been reborn, he has regained control of Phyrexia and ended the petty infighting with the Praetors, unifying Phyrexia, seeing their god reborn has only ignited a long burning ember of power into a raging inferno. All of the Multiverse will feel his rebirth, especially Ravnica, to which Lord Yawgmoth has set his sights on this massive plane, wanting the same result as the invasion of Mirridan and transforming it into a staging ground for his servants to continue to corrupt and conquer other planes to his command and control.
Nicol Bolas

Full Name: Nicol Bolas

Personality: Stoic and Calm as the centuries upon centuries have taught him. Only when he facing a true enemy he considers worthy does he let his dragon nature overtake him.

Allies: Phyrexia, Yawgmoth, Tezzeret

Powers: Powerful Planeswalker. Bolas's hallmark is his touch, an inborn ability that causes a mind shattering effect with the slightest caress. It makes coherent thought nearly impossible. Bolas is a master of Black, Blue, and Red magic with lifetimes worth of experience and knowledge.

Background: 

Dragon War and ascension

Thousands of years before the Brothers' War, the Elder Dragons were engaged in a conflict that tore the fabric of countless planes. Nicol Bolas emerged victorious, though there were survivors other than himself, and during the crescendo of the war, became a planeswalker.

Some thousands of years later, Bolas fought a demonic leviathan in what would become the first planeswalker's duel on the still-young plane of Dominaria. The fight lasted a month, reduced Madara to a third of its original size, and created the first temporal rift. In the end the dragon relied upon his touch to defeat his foe. After the battle Bolas feasted on the remains of the leviathan over the course of a year, absorbing its power in the process. When he finished, naught was left besides what eventually became known as the Talon Gates and an assortment of blubber. Bolas regards the Talon Gates as his finest trophy and visits them and Madara as often as he can to relish that victory.
Madaran Emperor

On Madara three mana lines, blue, black, and red, intersected at a single point that was ideal for Bolas's purposes. His presence had grown so powerful that he required those three lines to anchor himself, lest his presence overwhelm the plane and crack its foundation. Bolas slew the then Empress of Madara and erected his Imperial Shrine on the focal point. From there, he reigned for 400 years as god-emperor of Madara.

Unfortunately, Bolas created his own worst enemy in the form of his Imperial Champion, Tetsuo Umezawa. After several trials, Tetsuo renounced his title and declared his intention to slay Bolas. Using the Meteor Hammer spell, Tetsuo destroyed Bolas's Imperial Shrine, while Bolas's body was inside, severing the elder dragon's anchor to Dominaria completely. The dragon had abandoned his body, unaware of the trap, and followed Tetsuo to the Meditation Plane, where he was killed by Umezawa in this weakened state.

However a ghostly remnant of his life force still lingered in the rift by the coast connected to the Meditation Realm.

Time rifts

Bolas remained present in his land as the time rifts became dire, presenting himself under the alias of Sensei Ryu. His lands were overrun by the nekoru descendants of Wasitora and their followers. When he sensed that Teferi was lost in a rift and had become separated from his companions he arranged for them to arrive on the Madaran beach near the Talon Gates. Using Venser's latent planeswalker spark he was able to escape his prison and was reborn into the physical world. After Teferi located his companions, he challenged the dragon to a duel in an effort to stay Bolas's "gratitude." Bolas easily won, absorbing and planeswalking away from Teferi's attacks, after which he tortured him with his mind shattering touch and ripped his body to pieces. While taunting Teferi's allies with his head in his claw, Teferi shared his knowledge of the collapsing planes with Bolas and he was made aware of the severity of the rift problem. He left soon after swearing a vow to take terrible vengeance on anyone related to the Umezawa line, and anyone who had ever aided or come into contact with it, then presumably left for Kamigawa.

Bolas later returned to Madara, where he was ambushed by the planeswalker Leshrac, who formally challenged him to a duel; the latter was defeated after an epic battle and was imprisoned in the mask of the Myojin of Night's Reach. Bolas implied that he had stripped most of Night's Reach's dark power but she had managed to escape.

Bolas then confessed to Teferi and his companions that he had observed the rift phenomenon and took responsibility for closing the Madaran rift, in a way. After Bolas used Leshrac's life to close the rift, Bolas left for an unknown destination. Believing that it was unlikely Teferi and his band could forestall the imminent collapse of the multiverse, Bolas claimed that he had devised a plan to preserve himself in the event that happened. Although the multiverse survived, Jeska's Mending spell changed the nature of the planeswalker's spark. Bolas, like all other "old planeswalkers" who survived past the Mending, lost a significant portion of his powers. Still, he retained the formidable powers of an Elder Dragon as well as his unmatched intellect.

Involvement in Alara

After the Mending, Bolas lost the ability to retain much of his 25,000 years worth of arcane knowledge. He managed to escape to the plane of Alara where he began machinations while dwelling in the Shard of Grixis, claiming the necropolis of Kederekt as his own. He prepared to take advantage of the coming Conflux to regain his power, and started to manipulate certain individuals and organizations on the multiple shards to create an environment rife with tension and ready for war:

Bant: The Order of the Skyward Eye and Gwafa Hazid spread xenophobia and disorder along the borderlands of Bant's nations.
    Esper: The Seekers of Carmot warned Esperites about dwindling supplies of etherium, and created a fervent demand for the otherworldly red stone called carmot.
    Grixis: Malfegor lead massive armies of the undead, gathering hordes ready to invade the other shards and cut chaotic swaths through any living resistance they find.
    Jund: Rakka Mar stirred fervor for greater and greater "life hunts" among the warrior clans there.
    Naya: Marisi stimulated the emergence of the philosophical schism of the nacatl Cloud Empire and the revolt of the Wild Nacatl, that resulted in destruction of most of the advanced Cloud Nacatl civilization and cities and the cat-people nation's regression back to savagery.

The Seekers Fall

Tezzeret survived a near death experience on the shard of Esper, awakening his latent spark. He found himself on Grixis, atop the Kederekt. After fighting off several creatures, all of whom presumably hoped to gain favor with Bolas, the artificer was approached by the dragon himself. Bolas offered him power in exchange for servitude which Tezzeret accepted.
Agents of Artifice

Sometime after the Mending Bolas founded an interplanar consortium which was usurped by Tezzeret in a bloody coup d'état. Bolas retained his mind-reading ability and Tezzeret, fearful for his secrets, tried to counter it by using Jace Beleren. This ended in disaster as Bolas easily overwhelmed both planeswalkers mentally, and the pair barely escaped with their lives fleeing from Bolas's hired barbarian horde.

At the end of Jace's struggles, after he defeated Tezzeret in a duel and crushed the artificer's mind, it was revealed that this was all a plan Bolas agreed to in order to regain his consortium. Liliana Vess was the original architect of this plot and had approached Bolas with her plan. Bolas did not regain his organization, but he had obtained Tezzeret's still living but mindless and crippled body.
Alara Unbroken

The full gravity of Bolas' plans came to fruition with Alara's conflux. Through the manipulation of the peoples of all five shards, his plan to trigger full scale war erupted across Alara, awakening the obelisks of mana on each of the shards and causing the Maelstrom to grow in magnitude. Over the course of the conflict he acquired the servitude of Sarkhan Vol to help spread seeds of destruction across Naya.

Ajani's quest to find his brother's killer eventually lead him into conflict with Bolas, and knowing that he could not defeat the dragon-god himself, he summoned the essence of Bolas' own soul to fight for him. The ersatz dragon battled Bolas in perfect symmetry, before they lunged at each other with powerful bites. Both connected simultaneously, and in a flash of light the dragons disappeared. It is unknown how badly hurt Bolas was, having harvested the essence of most of the Maelstrom immediately prior to this climactic battle.

The Elder Dragon on Zendikar

At some point, Nicol Bolas took notice of the volatile nature of Zendikar. He investigated the Eye of Ugin and left after studying it. Long afterwards, Bolas sent Vol to guard the Eye, to make sure nothing disturbed it.

Sarkhan was, however, misled. Bolas had sought out and defeated Ugin, extracting a great deal of information about the Eldrazi and the lock that kept them contained. Knowing of the titans and what it would take to unleash them, Bolas sent Sarkhan to the Eye and manipulated the pyromancer Chandra Nalaar into arriving at the same time. Unfortunately, that only solved 2/3rds of the problem, and so Bolas gambled that Jace would show up if prodded in that direction. The ends to his manipulations were clear, the release of the Eldrazi, but the purpose remains shrouded in mystery.
Test of Metal

In a cave composed entirely of sangrite, Bolas rebuilt Tezzeret’s body and mind and tasked him to find Crucius the Mad. Before sending him on his way, Bolas created a personality, named Doctor Jest, which has control over Tezzeret’s nervous system. This was a failsafe used in order to keep him from straying from this task.

Later, Bolas caught up to Tezzeret on an island made entirely of etherium. There he demanded to know what Tezzeret had been up to this entire time. In order to get direct answers, Bolas formed a mental link to Tezzeret and read his memories. There, many of Tezzeret's plans and actions were laid out. Bolas soon learned he would not be the only visitor upon the Metal Island though. Baltrice arrived next, along with Jace, followed lastly by Sharuum, stripped of her etherium. As soon as the sphinx left, a terrible fight broke out among the assembled walkers, and it ended with Bolas apparently victorious. However, during the fight, his concentration and powers severely waned. This was revealed to have been engineered by Tezzeret, who was the true victor of the fight. Tezzeret himself left Bolas trapped on the island, infested with a mental device that would keep the Elder Dragon there as long as needed.

Little did Tezzeret anticipate that the dragon he had been fighting was nothing more than a poorly constructed simulacrum, specifically made to fail at reigning in the artificer. Bolas himself appeared on the island and informed his copy that it would not be alive by the time Tezzeret returned, and he had served his purpose in making Tezzeret reveal the secrets he had learned.

Mirrodin Besieged

Bolas demonstrated great interest in the war on Mirrodin. He sent Tezzeret to observe and assess the rise of the New Phyrexians on the plane, and to serve as Bolas's eyes and ears in the Phyrexian hierarchy.

Recent History

Nicol Bolas with the rebirth of Yawgmoth and the resurgence of Phyrexian power, he has aligned himself with Yawgmoth and the Phyrexian Empire. For reasons known only to himself and Yawgmoth.

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Vostroya on March 02, 2014, 10:04:54 PM
And that person is me!  >:)

Yawgmoth
Full Name Yawgmoth, The Ineffable to his servants and referred to The Lord of the Wastes throughout Dominarian mythology.

Allies: Nicol Bolas

Powers: Unkown, It has been so long since another has faced Yawgmoth, his powers have been left up to legend and rumor. However strong he is, he is a terrible threat to any.

Background: 

Early life

Yawgmoth was born during the last century of the Thran Empire in the middle of the conflicts between the elite imperialists and republican rabble. Due to his fascination with the human body and his view that it was a marvelous machine, Yawgmoth was a eugenicist. Unfortunately for him, the republicans lost the power struggle, and all their followers, including the eugenicists, were exiled.

During his exile, Yawgmoth journeyed the globe, visiting many different civilizations, and showing them all just how ruthless and cold-hearted he was. During this time, he committed many atrocities, of which the following are known:

Yawgmoth set the Black-Cough upon the dwarves of Oryn Deeps, inciting a workers rebellion that nearly killed the dwarven king and ended 1,000 years of dwarven rule.
    He turned the Creeping Mold of Argoth into a virulent plague that ate away the elves there. He also kidnapped their priest Elyssendril Lademmdrith and her healers, ordering the elves to pay ransom for their leader and their cure. When the elves paid, he delivered to them only sweetened water and 12 dead healers.
    He set the White Death upon the minotaurs of Talruum, just to study its effects.
    He gave the leaders of the cat people nations rabies, after which they tore each other to pieces.
    He poisoned the human tribes of Gulatto Meisha.
    He pithed and vivisected the Bey of the Viashino of Shiv.

The rationale as to such actions is unclear; but, Yawgmoth claimed only to be interested in the working of plagues and other diseases. Lust for power or a perverse, sadistic interest in pain could also be part of his motivations.

After five years in exile, Yawgmoth was recalled to the Thran capitol of Halcyon, where the people were unaware of his inhumane actions. The chief artificer Glacian had caught a strange disease that was but exacerbated when treated by Thran healing magic, so Glacian's wife Rebbec used her influence as chief architect to bring back Yawgmoth, hoping his expertise in eugenics could find a cure.

Thran stones

Yawgmoth discovered that Glacian's disease, which he called phthisis, was caused by powerstone radiation. Most of the Untouchables, exiled Thran that lived in the Caves of the Damned, under the powerstone-producing Mana Rig, had also caught the disease. Upon hearing this, the man who stabbed Glacian, Gix, started rallying his people to rebel and take vengeance upon the Thran.

Yawgmoth convinced Halcyon’s elders to give him more funding and apprentices to study the disease. From the healer Xod he got the idea to use metals to create a serum against phthisis. When Gix led a massive rebellion on Halcyon, Yawgmoth managed to quell it by offering free serum to the Untouchables. For his actions, Yawgmoth was made a member of the council of Halcyon, and was allowed to make laws to regulate public health. Yawgmoth started sending inflicted people down into the Caves of the Damned, and had healthy Untouchables return to the city, using this to eliminate his enemies from the city. During this time, Rebbec and Yawgmoth started falling in love, although neither of them acted deeply upon it.

Yawgmoth was diluting the serum he gave to the Untouchables, claiming not to have enough resources to make enough. This caused Gix to feel rebellious again, and he started to send Untouchables, both healthy and sick, up to Halcyon. Yawgmoth used this to get more funding and complete control over the Halcyte Guard.

One day the planeswalker Dyfed visited Glacian, wanting to meet the genius in real life, and also to learn about his own spark, though she said nothing of it. Yawgmoth walked in on the meeting and managed to talk Dyfed into aiding him. Dyfed agreed to find a plane where Yawgmoth could build his own paradise.

When Gix led another large riot on the city, Yawgmoth was prepared. He made an artifact, based on Glacian's designs, to control all powerstone technology in the city. With it and the Halcyte Guard, he managed to stop the invasion and force Gix into complete obedience.

After the city had been rebuilt, Halcyon held a great festival to honor Yawgmoth, but shortly before it a strange group of delegates appeared. They were representatives of the nations Yawgmoth hurt so badly during his exile and they came to declare war on all who stood by Yawgmoth. The council voted on whether Yawgmoth could stay, but the votes went 50/50. Only because Yawgmoth and Rebbec were members of the council themselves, Yawgmoth got to stay. He immediately overthrew the council and imprisoned its elders, as well as the delegates.

Sometime later, Dyfed opened a permanent portal from Dominaria to Phyrexia, the plane which Yawgmoth wanted to make his paradise. Yawgmoth bound himself to the plane within its core, becoming a god while staying there. He started to bring phthisis patients to Phyrexia, where they were implanted with empty powerstones that drain away their sickness. The newly arrived slowly began to evolve as well, growing longer, thinner, stronger and faster. Yawgmoth hid the two halves of the powerstone Dyfed cracked to power the portal inside Glacian’s wounds.

Yawgmoth fared quite well while warring with the alliance of nations against him. Using the Halcyte Guard, soldiers mutated in Phyrexia and stonechargers, he could overcome any army that stood against him. Even when Dyfed turned on him he did not give in. When she was stunned at the horror Phyrexia had become, he stabbed her in the back of the head with a powerstone dagger, disabling the planeswalker, hoping to disect her and learn what she had that enabled her to planeswalk. Rebbec removed the powerstone however, mercy-killing Dyfed.

But not all went well for him. He had used the Null Sphere to filter away the deadly gasses left behind by the stonechargers before they reached Halcyon. When the artificers that controlled it sacrificed their own lives to sabotage the Sphere, Halcyon was destroyed, all its inhabitants fleeing to Phyrexia or being eaten away.

Yawgmoth had planned to stay in Phyrexia for a while and emerge again when the death cloud had lifted, but Rebbec had finally seen what a monstrosity he was, and used the powerstones Yawgmoth had planted in her husband to close the portal between Phyrexia and Dominaria, locking Yawgmoth and his followers out for all eternity.

Or at least until the stones would be removed.

Sleeper agents

For ages Yawgmoth altered the Thran that had come to Phyrexia while fleeing the gasses from the stonechargers into true Phyrexians. Using planar portals the Phyrexians journeyed to many planes which they conquered, while they used its inhabitants as raw material for the Newts, as Phyrexians who had not been augumented were known. But Yawgmoth was not happy, for somehow Rebbec had completely locked him out of Dominaria.

Then came the day the archeologist brothers Urza and Mishra disturbed the powerstone sealing the portal while exploring the Caves of the Damned, now known as the Caves of Koilos. Yawgmoth sent Gix, now a fully completed Phyrexian and a member of his Inner Circle, through the portal as a scout. Gix planned to manipulate the Brothers, who had started a war. Having his minions, the Brotherhood of Gix, infiltrate both sides and eventually replacing Mishra with a Phyrexian, Gix hoped to magnify the war until it had destroyed all civilization on the continent, allowing for a simple infiltration by the Pyrexian Forces built up by Yawgmoth over the centuries. During the war's end, Urza activated the Golgothian Sylex, an artifact so powerful it completely devastated the world of Dominaria. Gix fled back to Phyrexia, telling Yawgmoth of what had happened. Gix's plans to infiltrate Dominarian society via the Sleeper Agents was approved by the dark god, but the first few attempts failed for all the Agents looked alike. The sudden apearance of many people looking exactly similar had caused panic among the Dominarians, who proceeded to kill any they came across. Gix planned to try again, but by then the Shard of the Twelve Worlds was completed. The Shard had been a side effect of the Sylex Blast: it locked twelve worlds from the other planes of the multiverse, trapping many planeswalkers inside, but also keeping the Phyrexians outside. A furious Yawgmoth had Gix thrown into the 7th Sphere of Phyrexia, where he would be tortured for all eternity.

Then Urza, who had died in the blast, but was reborn a planeswalker, attacked Phyrexia. Moments before he activated the Sylex, Urza discovered his brother had been turned into a machine and had gone completely insane, blaming those responsible for turning his brother into a machine for all the wrongs of the Brothers' War. To add more fire to his hate, Urza's eyes had been replaced with the Mightstone and the Weakstone, the two halves of the powerstone that contained Glacian's spirit. Having met the Newt Xantcha, who had been intended as a Sleeper Agent but had been turned into an expendable servant now that the Agents couldn't be deployed, Urza had discovered Phyrexia was responsible and had created a monstrous machine-dragon to attack the plane. He managed to blast a gigantic hole in the plane, all the way down to the 4th Sphere, but then Yawgmoth himself invaded his mind and made him go even more insane. Urza fled and for years he traveled from plane to plane, the Phyrexians always on his heels, for Yawgmoth couldn't let someone who planned to destroy Phyrexia go unpunished. Urza was eventually healed by Serra, but after he left the Phyrexians even invaded her realm and corrupted it.

Then Freyalise, desperate to be free from the Shard, cast the World Spell, opening Dominaria to Yawgmoth once again. He released Gix from his torment, since he knew more about fighting Urza and infiltrating Dominaria than anyone else, but while Gix was initially successful Urza returned to his homeplane as well. He first destroyed all Sleeper Agents and then killed Gix.

Lord of the Wastes

Yawgmoth started with a different plan: instead of infiltrating Dominaria, he would prepare for a full blown invasion. He started to amass an army and created the plane of Rath, which he planned to fill with troops and then merge it with Dominaria, placing all his forces there in a single moment.

He did continue to send troops after Urza though. One of the more succesful ones was K'rrik, a Sleeper Agent who tracked down Urza's academy on Tolaria, where mages were trained and artifacts were built to fight Phyrexia. K'rrik succeeded in destroying the place, but Urza sent the silver golem Karn back in time to prevent this. He succeeded, but the timemachine overheated and destroyed the academy nonetheless. When Urza returned ten years later he found that the time streams of the island had been twisted. In someplaces ten thousand years happened in a single second, in other it was the other way around. Trapped inside a slow-time bubble K'rrik had ages to prepare for an attack on Urza, but the planeswalker eventualy managed to defeat him with the help of the nature-spirit Multani.

While the evincars of Rath started to overlay small parts of the plane with Dominaria, in preparation for the coming invasion, the artificial plane filled up with beings from Dominaria on which the Phyrexians could experiment. Among them were the Kor, humans with strange elongated skulls. When the Inner Circle member Croag, who oversaw the progress of the plane, discovered humans with Phyrexian traits in them in Benalia, the truth about the Kor was revealed: Urza had started the Bloodline project, a grand plan to manipulate the breeding patterns of several groups of Dominarians to create perfect warriors to fight Phyrexia. The project resulted in ordinary humans with an affinity for tracking down and fighting Phyrexians, and in the Metathran, genetically engineered warriors with no will of their own, eerily similar to the Phyrexians they were designed to fight. After discovering this Yawgmoth increased the raids on Dominaria, tracking down the Bloodline results and killing them. Croag devastated the nation of Keld, where the renegade Bloodline researcher Gatha had created humans like Kreig, who were able to severely wound an Inner Circle member. Some slipped through the attacks though, like Gerrard, the true heir to Urza's Legacy, a collection of artifacts made for the single purpose of destroying Yawgmoth. The attacks were so frequent at times though, that they started to play a role in local myths. Stories about the Lord of the Wastes, a machine-lord who waged eternal war on Dominaria, started to appear from Benalia to Jamuraa.

Phyrexian invasion

During the Phyrexian invasion of Dominaria Yawgmoth mostly stayed behind in Phyrexia, guiding his troops from afar. It wasn't until the last moments of the war that he returned to Dominaria after 9000 years. He did so in the form of a hemisphere-spanning death cloud that killed Dominaria's defenders and resurrected them to fight for Phyrexia.

But there was still hope for the plane though: Urza and Gerrard hovered high overhead on the Weatherlight, the main part of the Legacy. They punctured the Null Moon itself and used the white mana it had been gathering ever since those Thran artificers launched it into the sky and caused Yawgmoth's first defeat. Yawgmoth tried to flee back to Phyrexia, but the Stone Druids had activated the volcano under the Stronghold, covering the only portal to Phyrexia left under deep magma. Yawgmoth was hurt by the white mana, but survived and took the form of giant tentacles that attacked the Weatherlight, but this time Gerrard took out Urza's gemstone eyes, the two halves of the powerstone that had locked out Yawgmoth and contained the spirit of Glacian. He placed them in the cavities in Karn's chest and completed the Legacy. The exact working of the Legacy device are unknown, but it created a sentient light that dissolved his death-cloud form, killing him.

Rebirth

Though thought to be completely killed in the final battle. Much like the Phyrexian oil, as long as a small drop of it remains, it always comes back and stronger than ever. Now that he has been reborn, he has regained control of Phyrexia and ended the petty infighting with the Praetors, unifying Phyrexia, seeing their god reborn has only ignited a long burning ember of power into a raging inferno. All of the Multiverse will feel his rebirth, especially Ravnica, to which Lord Yawgmoth has set his sights on this massive plane, wanting the same result as the invasion of Mirridan and transforming it into a staging ground for his servants to continue to corrupt and conquer other planes to his command and control.
Nicol Bolas

Full Name: Nicol Bolas

Personality: Stoic and Calm as the centuries upon centuries have taught him. Only when he facing a true enemy he considers worthy does he let his dragon nature overtake him.

Allies: Phyrexia, Yawgmoth, Tezzeret

Powers: Powerful Planeswalker. Bolas's hallmark is his touch, an inborn ability that causes a mind shattering effect with the slightest caress. It makes coherent thought nearly impossible. Bolas is a master of Black, Blue, and Red magic with lifetimes worth of experience and knowledge.

Background: 

Dragon War and ascension

Thousands of years before the Brothers' War, the Elder Dragons were engaged in a conflict that tore the fabric of countless planes. Nicol Bolas emerged victorious, though there were survivors other than himself, and during the crescendo of the war, became a planeswalker.

Some thousands of years later, Bolas fought a demonic leviathan in what would become the first planeswalker's duel on the still-young plane of Dominaria. The fight lasted a month, reduced Madara to a third of its original size, and created the first temporal rift. In the end the dragon relied upon his touch to defeat his foe. After the battle Bolas feasted on the remains of the leviathan over the course of a year, absorbing its power in the process. When he finished, naught was left besides what eventually became known as the Talon Gates and an assortment of blubber. Bolas regards the Talon Gates as his finest trophy and visits them and Madara as often as he can to relish that victory.
Madaran Emperor

On Madara three mana lines, blue, black, and red, intersected at a single point that was ideal for Bolas's purposes. His presence had grown so powerful that he required those three lines to anchor himself, lest his presence overwhelm the plane and crack its foundation. Bolas slew the then Empress of Madara and erected his Imperial Shrine on the focal point. From there, he reigned for 400 years as god-emperor of Madara.

Unfortunately, Bolas created his own worst enemy in the form of his Imperial Champion, Tetsuo Umezawa. After several trials, Tetsuo renounced his title and declared his intention to slay Bolas. Using the Meteor Hammer spell, Tetsuo destroyed Bolas's Imperial Shrine, while Bolas's body was inside, severing the elder dragon's anchor to Dominaria completely. The dragon had abandoned his body, unaware of the trap, and followed Tetsuo to the Meditation Plane, where he was killed by Umezawa in this weakened state.

However a ghostly remnant of his life force still lingered in the rift by the coast connected to the Meditation Realm.

Time rifts

Bolas remained present in his land as the time rifts became dire, presenting himself under the alias of Sensei Ryu. His lands were overrun by the nekoru descendants of Wasitora and their followers. When he sensed that Teferi was lost in a rift and had become separated from his companions he arranged for them to arrive on the Madaran beach near the Talon Gates. Using Venser's latent planeswalker spark he was able to escape his prison and was reborn into the physical world. After Teferi located his companions, he challenged the dragon to a duel in an effort to stay Bolas's "gratitude." Bolas easily won, absorbing and planeswalking away from Teferi's attacks, after which he tortured him with his mind shattering touch and ripped his body to pieces. While taunting Teferi's allies with his head in his claw, Teferi shared his knowledge of the collapsing planes with Bolas and he was made aware of the severity of the rift problem. He left soon after swearing a vow to take terrible vengeance on anyone related to the Umezawa line, and anyone who had ever aided or come into contact with it, then presumably left for Kamigawa.

Bolas later returned to Madara, where he was ambushed by the planeswalker Leshrac, who formally challenged him to a duel; the latter was defeated after an epic battle and was imprisoned in the mask of the Myojin of Night's Reach. Bolas implied that he had stripped most of Night's Reach's dark power but she had managed to escape.

Bolas then confessed to Teferi and his companions that he had observed the rift phenomenon and took responsibility for closing the Madaran rift, in a way. After Bolas used Leshrac's life to close the rift, Bolas left for an unknown destination. Believing that it was unlikely Teferi and his band could forestall the imminent collapse of the multiverse, Bolas claimed that he had devised a plan to preserve himself in the event that happened. Although the multiverse survived, Jeska's Mending spell changed the nature of the planeswalker's spark. Bolas, like all other "old planeswalkers" who survived past the Mending, lost a significant portion of his powers. Still, he retained the formidable powers of an Elder Dragon as well as his unmatched intellect.

Involvement in Alara

After the Mending, Bolas lost the ability to retain much of his 25,000 years worth of arcane knowledge. He managed to escape to the plane of Alara where he began machinations while dwelling in the Shard of Grixis, claiming the necropolis of Kederekt as his own. He prepared to take advantage of the coming Conflux to regain his power, and started to manipulate certain individuals and organizations on the multiple shards to create an environment rife with tension and ready for war:

Bant: The Order of the Skyward Eye and Gwafa Hazid spread xenophobia and disorder along the borderlands of Bant's nations.
    Esper: The Seekers of Carmot warned Esperites about dwindling supplies of etherium, and created a fervent demand for the otherworldly red stone called carmot.
    Grixis: Malfegor lead massive armies of the undead, gathering hordes ready to invade the other shards and cut chaotic swaths through any living resistance they find.
    Jund: Rakka Mar stirred fervor for greater and greater "life hunts" among the warrior clans there.
    Naya: Marisi stimulated the emergence of the philosophical schism of the nacatl Cloud Empire and the revolt of the Wild Nacatl, that resulted in destruction of most of the advanced Cloud Nacatl civilization and cities and the cat-people nation's regression back to savagery.

The Seekers Fall

Tezzeret survived a near death experience on the shard of Esper, awakening his latent spark. He found himself on Grixis, atop the Kederekt. After fighting off several creatures, all of whom presumably hoped to gain favor with Bolas, the artificer was approached by the dragon himself. Bolas offered him power in exchange for servitude which Tezzeret accepted.
Agents of Artifice

Sometime after the Mending Bolas founded an interplanar consortium which was usurped by Tezzeret in a bloody coup d'état. Bolas retained his mind-reading ability and Tezzeret, fearful for his secrets, tried to counter it by using Jace Beleren. This ended in disaster as Bolas easily overwhelmed both planeswalkers mentally, and the pair barely escaped with their lives fleeing from Bolas's hired barbarian horde.

At the end of Jace's struggles, after he defeated Tezzeret in a duel and crushed the artificer's mind, it was revealed that this was all a plan Bolas agreed to in order to regain his consortium. Liliana Vess was the original architect of this plot and had approached Bolas with her plan. Bolas did not regain his organization, but he had obtained Tezzeret's still living but mindless and crippled body.
Alara Unbroken

The full gravity of Bolas' plans came to fruition with Alara's conflux. Through the manipulation of the peoples of all five shards, his plan to trigger full scale war erupted across Alara, awakening the obelisks of mana on each of the shards and causing the Maelstrom to grow in magnitude. Over the course of the conflict he acquired the servitude of Sarkhan Vol to help spread seeds of destruction across Naya.

Ajani's quest to find his brother's killer eventually lead him into conflict with Bolas, and knowing that he could not defeat the dragon-god himself, he summoned the essence of Bolas' own soul to fight for him. The ersatz dragon battled Bolas in perfect symmetry, before they lunged at each other with powerful bites. Both connected simultaneously, and in a flash of light the dragons disappeared. It is unknown how badly hurt Bolas was, having harvested the essence of most of the Maelstrom immediately prior to this climactic battle.

The Elder Dragon on Zendikar

At some point, Nicol Bolas took notice of the volatile nature of Zendikar. He investigated the Eye of Ugin and left after studying it. Long afterwards, Bolas sent Vol to guard the Eye, to make sure nothing disturbed it.

Sarkhan was, however, misled. Bolas had sought out and defeated Ugin, extracting a great deal of information about the Eldrazi and the lock that kept them contained. Knowing of the titans and what it would take to unleash them, Bolas sent Sarkhan to the Eye and manipulated the pyromancer Chandra Nalaar into arriving at the same time. Unfortunately, that only solved 2/3rds of the problem, and so Bolas gambled that Jace would show up if prodded in that direction. The ends to his manipulations were clear, the release of the Eldrazi, but the purpose remains shrouded in mystery.
Test of Metal

In a cave composed entirely of sangrite, Bolas rebuilt Tezzeret’s body and mind and tasked him to find Crucius the Mad. Before sending him on his way, Bolas created a personality, named Doctor Jest, which has control over Tezzeret’s nervous system. This was a failsafe used in order to keep him from straying from this task.

Later, Bolas caught up to Tezzeret on an island made entirely of etherium. There he demanded to know what Tezzeret had been up to this entire time. In order to get direct answers, Bolas formed a mental link to Tezzeret and read his memories. There, many of Tezzeret's plans and actions were laid out. Bolas soon learned he would not be the only visitor upon the Metal Island though. Baltrice arrived next, along with Jace, followed lastly by Sharuum, stripped of her etherium. As soon as the sphinx left, a terrible fight broke out among the assembled walkers, and it ended with Bolas apparently victorious. However, during the fight, his concentration and powers severely waned. This was revealed to have been engineered by Tezzeret, who was the true victor of the fight. Tezzeret himself left Bolas trapped on the island, infested with a mental device that would keep the Elder Dragon there as long as needed.

Little did Tezzeret anticipate that the dragon he had been fighting was nothing more than a poorly constructed simulacrum, specifically made to fail at reigning in the artificer. Bolas himself appeared on the island and informed his copy that it would not be alive by the time Tezzeret returned, and he had served his purpose in making Tezzeret reveal the secrets he had learned.

Mirrodin Besieged

Bolas demonstrated great interest in the war on Mirrodin. He sent Tezzeret to observe and assess the rise of the New Phyrexians on the plane, and to serve as Bolas's eyes and ears in the Phyrexian hierarchy.

Recent History

Nicol Bolas with the rebirth of Yawgmoth and the resurgence of Phyrexian power, he has aligned himself with Yawgmoth and the Phyrexian Empire. For reasons known only to himself and Yawgmoth.

Thanks dude I shall post Aurelia after college today.

someinheritthewealth

Full Name Aurelia: The Warleader, Leader of the Boros Legion

Allegiance: Boros, Ravnica

Allies: Gideon Jura, Hazda Viglantees, Ravnica

Powers: She is angelic being commanding the legions, she can fly and is a very capable fighter.

Seat of Power: Sunhome: Fortress of the Legion
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Sunhome is the central guildhall of the Boros, acting as a fortress, barracks, and place of worship. Widely believed to be a nearly impregnable monolith, Sunhome is a symbol of the Boros Legion's strength and unity. In the past, Sunhome was the base of operations for the Wojek division of the guild, but the new guild leader Aurelia moved the Wojek to a secondary base and concentrated the strength of the Legion army at Sunhome.

Guild:Boros Legion
The Boros Legion is the guild of righteous law and fierce justice. The most formidable military force on Ravnica, the Boros are efficient, self-assured, and zealous in the pursuit of their ideals. The Boros believe in passion in law; to them it is the structure by which society functions and the road map for the community's health and safety. Anything that violates the letter of the law, threatens the spirit of the law, or obstructs the enforcement of the law is considered an enemy of the Boros Legion. In effect, anyone who disagrees with the Boros is an enemy of the Boros.

They are partially partnered with the Hazda vigilantees.

Background: The current guild leader is Aurelia, a ferocious archangel who ascended through the Boros ranks. After the death of Razia, founder of the Boros, and the disgrace of Feather, the previous angel guildmaster, the warleader Aurelia challenged Feather's ascendancy. Aurelia argued that a disgraced angel couldn't command authority or respect, and many agreed. Aurelia quickly shamed into silence those who didn't support her, and she soon took command of the guild. While Razia was more of a figurehead, aloof and untouchable, Aurelia is an active, forceful leader who is directly involved with her underlings. She has urged the Boros to adopt her impassioned ideals and to take action to enforce them.

someinheritthewealth

So can we get some more profiles please, I would rather not begin with just one character.

someinheritthewealth

Where are all those who were interested? I really want to rp this and feel it could become big :). Please if you any questions don't hestitate to answer.