Seeking a Co-GM for potential Pathfinder.

Started by Blinkin, June 22, 2019, 07:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Well, hello there and thanks for taking a peek at this thread.

As the subject line suggest, I'm looking for a Co-GM to work with me on a homebrew Pathfinder Adventure. What I mean by "homebrew" is that the adventure is entirely created by me using the Pathfinder system. With some very, very minor alterations to some of the rules for ease of PBP play, of course.

What should the Co-GM expect? Well, here's a partial list of what I'm looking for.
* Someone to work with me to flesh out scenes, encounters and important NPC's.
* Someone to control/ update a battle map (It's beyond my capabilities, TBH).
* Someone to work with me to handle issues that may appear during play.
* Someone to work with me to create character generation guidance and select players.
* Someone to wack me across the back of the head when I get unreasonable or get sidetracked in my enthusiasm for the game.

There may be more, but at the moment, that's the big things. I've realized that a PBP game is a bit overwhelming for me to GM and someone to help keep things on track may be what I'm missing to make a game successful and enjoyable for the players. The players are, after all, why we run games to begin with. Unfortunately, whether the game is actually offered or not will depend on whether we can get the job done and if there's enough interest in the ultimate concept.

So, if you're interested in talking about a prospective partnership for this, feel free to drop me a PM or reply here.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Muse

Well, my GM plate is currently too full to help out, so how about a testimonial instead? 

I've had the good fortune to play with, play under, and run for Blinkin' several times over the years.  I have never failed to have fun.  He's creative, intelligent, respectful, and generally a great gamer.  If someone can give him the backup he needs here, I'll be first in line to play! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

Awe, thanks Muse, I appreciate that. *quietly passing him $20 under the table* ;)

I've always tried to make things fun, or at least amusing for everyone. But the whole reason to GM for me is to give the player a enjoyable time and that makes it fun for me. If a player isn't enjoying playing, then I would hope that he/she would let me know so I can try to do better.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.