School for the Super-Gifted NEEDS MORE LADIES!!!! LOOKING FOR FRESH RECRUITS!!!

Started by Chreestafer, July 02, 2015, 11:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Whitebread

She graduated super high school in two years and then teacher's college.  It could be done.  I advised her to increase the age once already, which she did.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

ShadowFox89

Alright, I /think/ that she's finished. An idea I was toying with was statting up her grandfather as a teacher at the school, with him having powers that are somewhere between Dracula and Static Shock, being an electrokinetic who can keep himself young and heal himself by draining the electricity from objects....

And I just noticed that we have two shy, nerdy girls named Tess now  :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

JoanieSappho

I shall conceede the use of 'Tess' and go with 'Tessa', then. I shall be the shy, nerdy, British Tess.  :P

Captain Whitebread

No!  <sets up a cage>  Fight for the name!  Fight for the name!

ShadowFox89

Yes, two shy and insecure girls having a cage match. I can totaly see that working.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on July 30, 2015, 09:41:24 PM
Yes, two shy and insecure girls having a cage match. I can totaly see that working.

who says it have to be a fighting match? flirting match maybe?

ShadowFox89

I'm not sure that would work well either xD

Maybe they can just be friends? :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Tinkertoy

Hey Cap'n W!

You think a younger Lenore Poe aka Nevermore (Changing of the Guard) could work in this setting you got your big, old paws on?

I miss her something fierce and it would be interesting to see her in this structured, high school setting, non?

El Tinkerino aka Your favourite monkey

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

Captain Whitebread

Hey Tink!

If I recall correctly she'd certainly be unique.  Not sure how dead you want her to be though.   Post a teenaged version and we'll see how it goes.  She'd certainly have company in the 'ghost whisperer' category.

Not sure being dead counts as a weakness though.  You'll need to give her some form of vulnerability (repelled by religious icons, can't enter holy ground, that sort of thing.

Did anybody list necrophilia on their list of sexual ON/OFFs?

Speaking of CotG, you might recognize one of the teachers....

JoanieSappho

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on July 31, 2015, 03:04:37 AM
I'm not sure that would work well either xD

Maybe they can just be friends? :P
You could be my mind-slave!  :P

Joel

Myrra

Well, so far my character can either go hero or villain, she hasn't exactly decided.

Captain Whitebread

Technically this is before you become hero or villain.  The teachers have three jobs, essentially: teach you how to use your powers responsibly, try to redeem those straying too far from the side of good and try to figure out how to shut down anybody who looks like they're going over the edge, so that they can be dealt with once they do cross the line.

Feel free to post a character that is essentially a villain in training.  We have several who could go either way.

Joel

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Joel on July 31, 2015, 01:26:38 PM
oh I meant a villain who is outside of the school

You mean not a student or a teacher?  Not sure how that would work.  You'll need to bouce it off Cheerless Feeder, I mean Fearless Leader, Chreestafer....

Chreestafer

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 31, 2015, 01:37:00 PM
You mean not a student or a teacher?  Not sure how that would work.  You'll need to bouce it off Cheerless Feeder, I mean Fearless Leader, Chreestafer....

100 bonus points for that captain! Haha

Im ok with the thought of a villain from the outside hoping to end the school, but it's something we can progress with at a later time.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

MelisaArtemis

Chreestafer

Game has started! And we are always accepting new students or teachers.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Joel

I think I'll make a teacher for this one.  *peruses the character bios*

Captain Whitebread

Don't worry about making a character that is too close to somebody else's.  Just go with what feels right to you.

Toggle

Player Name: Toggle
Character Name: Nicolas 'Nico' Paganini
Character Alias: Dissonance
Student or Teacher: Student
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual, mostly may flirt for fun with anyone
Photos:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Super Powers / Abilities:

Sound Manipulation:

-The ability to alter the wavelengths of sound he produces or sometimes amplifies via a musical instrument.  Unaided the trick of shattering glass with a note is within his range, as well as causing structures to vibrate (minor damage at best.)  As he grows in skill he’ll be able to potentially find the vibrational resonance in any item and break it.

- A secondary benefit to this power has been the ability to cause vertigo in those who see fit to hassle him.  This may evolve further into nausea inducing dizziness, if directed in such a manner.

- Nicolas is also able to mimic most sounds he’s heard, though he hasn’t really trained the power for effective human voice mimicry as it feels kind of like lying to him.

- Fun fact part of Power: Nicolas counts as his own amp and doesn’t need one to play an instrument loudly enough to be heard within a smaller venue currently.

Potential Power Growth:
- Sonar/Radar: After all with the ability to manipulate sound comes the ability to do potentially learn to echolocate, possibly a first line of defense ability to learn.

- Bolstering or Hindering Sound, like the Bards of old the ability to improve or hamstring those around him in a way to assist in heroics/villainy.

- Others may come after discussions with the STs

The Violin:
- Nicolas is a music aficionado, some might call him a savant or a prodigy.  Perhaps because of his powers, or maybe his powers came after the natural inclination.  Either way he prefers the violin primarily as his musical instrument, and a method with which to convey his power more effectively.

-When using his violin, other instruments are less effective until he has time with them, His ability to amplify sound increases allowing to alter the force to damage inanimate objects up to the durability of concrete currently.  This will grow with experience.

Weakness:

Only Human - Nicolas hasn’t really discovered a way to defend himself with his powers at this point, at least not without blasting everything around him with sound and hoping for the best.  So a well aimed shot or catching him off guard will be an easy way to put him down for a conflict.

Dedication - Though his abilities should function just fine with any instrument he picks up, Nicolas finds that it seems too… shallow to assume just any instrument will do.  For the full effect of his powers he needs to practice with the instrument in question and get a feel for its ‘personality.’  This is a psychological limitation that he may or may not work through.

Bio / History:

Nicolas, or Nico, grew up in a bustling metropolis, with both parents firmly ensconced in the beatnik culture of the west coast.  You know the sort of place, the kind where they have bumper stickers of Keep <our city> Weird.  Hippies and new agers, musicians and weirdos abounded and gave our young man the opening to the world.  Fortunately, given the area’s less than standardized schooling habits, his musical capabilities were captured early in his youth.  Elated his parents sent him from standard public school to a more private art institution. 

Simultaneously the best and worst thing for him, at first the school seemed to welcome the young man.  His mind was sharp and he was skilled at his particular art.  But the other students were not necessarily so pleased to have such a prodigy with them.  Given his relative youth this spelled all sorts of trouble for the young man.  Pranks were one thing, and he endured them until his lack of reaction fed up his bullies.  In the cafeteria one day, it’s always one day fateful non? his bullies surrounded him and had some fun roughing him up.  Sure these things happen in schools no big deal.  But then one took his violin and sent the antique across the room where it broke with a clatter. 

The silence that drew over the cafeteria was deafening… or at least it might have been if Nick’s nascent powers hadn’t drawn in the the residual noise from the other student’s gasps of surprise as his bullies suddenly dropped to their knees retching and pitched in fever sweat.  The dull hum was slowly going sharper before he was jostled by being collected by one of the school’s assistant principals.  The remains of his violin were collected as well and the two were placed in the office for his parents to be retrieved. 

The assistant principal as it turned out was a scout for individuals who displayed abilities beyond those of standard students.  With his suggestion and his parents blessing, Nico found himself being transferred to a new school.  One designed to help those like him, and who knew what else.

Basic Ons: Birds, Blue (as in his favorite color), Music of all kinds, Art both the kind you find in museums and the kind you find on people, Waterfalls and hiking, thunderstorms.
Basic Offs:  Vegans, pretentious people, awkward silences, violence for its own sake, disrespectful people, bullies.
Sexual Ons: See mine
Sexual Offs: See mine
Extras: While a musical savant, Nicolas’ grades slip in other venues often as he’s easily distracted by other topics he picks up on easily.  He’s also a pretty decent cook in his own head (so long as there is music playing in the background) Rumored to be descended from Niccolo Paganini
Additional Photos:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

This is me announcing my interest <.<

Myrra

Toggle