Skull & Shackles: Pirates of the Skies [Pathfinder | Now closed]

Started by Heady Dionysus, November 29, 2017, 02:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingmaster1

Is there a format sheet I can use for talents and stats and stuff someone could link me too? ^_^;;

Also, I'm seeing a "cook people" skill for witches... I'd go with it but my character is waaaaay too cutesy for that. She's the nicest witch ever XD

Saric

Quote from: kingmaster1 on November 30, 2017, 10:42:34 PM
Is there a format sheet I can use for talents and stats and stuff someone could link me too? ^_^;;

Also, I'm seeing a "cook people" skill for witches... I'd go with it but my character is waaaaay too cutesy for that. She's the nicest witch ever XD

Maybe have her get confused and think she's supposed to cook for people instead? Ranks in Profession [Chief] come with full access to the galley! :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

kingmaster1

Quote from: Saric on November 30, 2017, 11:19:08 PM
Maybe have her get confused and think she's supposed to cook for people instead? Ranks in Profession [Chief] come with full access to the galley! :P

but she would still need to grab and cut up dead people XD

Saric

Quote from: kingmaster1 on November 30, 2017, 11:21:03 PM
but she would still need to grab and cut up dead people XD

I meant instead of that, not with it. :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

kingmaster1

Quote from: Saric on November 30, 2017, 11:22:53 PM
I meant instead of that, not with it. :P

ohhhh, okay XD

So, she'd just think she was a magically good chef? :-P

Daril

So it sounds like people are okay with a second cleric.  Though I'm starting to wonder if I should make the robin hood girl (I got another picture for her btw) sorcerer instead of cleric.  Partly because I'm intending to play her as a highly charismatic character and partly because I'm not really familiar with this setting and its deities.  Are the religions and deities in this setting very defined, or can I make something up to suite the character?

kingmaster1

Quote from: Daril on November 30, 2017, 11:46:12 PM
So it sounds like people are okay with a second cleric.  Though I'm starting to wonder if I should make the robin hood girl (I got another picture for her btw) sorcerer instead of cleric.  Partly because I'm intending to play her as a highly charismatic character and partly because I'm not really familiar with this setting and its deities.  Are the religions and deities in this setting very defined, or can I make something up to suite the character?

More tiddies!!!!

Muse

A sorceres mgiht be handy, Daril, but I believe this is the class your'e looking for: 

Oracle

King, don't listen to those fools who think profession is good for anything at all!  You're a wtich!  you're smarter than many wizards!  You don't work as a day laborer in someone's kitchen.  You Craft: Food! 

I also recomend Craft: Alchemy and the Cauldron Hex. 

But for a sweetie of a witch you realy can't top the Heal hex. 

(Though Fly hex is pretty nice when you're out at sea!)

Disclaimer:  There are in fact a few situations where Profession is aplicable and craft is not.  For example, Profession: Sailor, which we should all find quite handy!  :) 

Corelary:  But in any situation where Craft is aplciable, it's superior to profession.  (Though high wisdom, low inteligence people might be justified in taking it anyway.) 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Saric

Split the difference. Play an Oracle! The pathfinder pantheon is fairly robust, having a whole book dedicated to them, but Oracles focus on a view point and just generically worship all the gods who share it. So you can fake it without much knowledge or the book in question. They're also a charisma based primary caster with access to a restricted selection of cleric spells, but more castings per day, similar to the sorcerer's restricted access to the wizard list.

Edit: Dang! Ninja'd by Muse! :P

kingmaster1

Quote from: Muse on December 01, 2017, 12:04:49 AM
  A sorceres mgiht be handy, Daril, but I believe this is the class your'e looking for: 

Oracle

King, don't listen to those fools who think profession is good for anything at all!  You're a wtich!  you're smarter than many wizards!  You don't work as a day laborer in someone's kitchen.  You Craft: Food! 

I also recomend Craft: Alchemy and the Cauldron Hex. 

But for a sweetie of a witch you realy can't top the Heal hex. 

(Though Fly hex is pretty nice when you're out at sea!)

Disclaimer:  There are in fact a few situations where Profession is aplicable and craft is not.  For example, Profession: Sailor, which we should all find quite handy!  :) 

Corelary:  But in any situation where Craft is aplciable, it's superior to profession.  (Though high wisdom, low inteligence people might be justified in taking it anyway.)

Camilla is a smart short stack, yus, and she got a cute fox that likes boobs as much as she does :-P

Muse

Cute! :) 

Anything i can do to help with your character build, King? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

kingmaster1

Quote from: Muse on December 01, 2017, 12:18:59 AM
Cute! :) 

Anything i can do to help with your character build, King?

uhhhhh.... Lemme think...

Well, I've never actually done the stats so, what do we start with in terms of numbers? Is there a base I start with? Like a witch base or something? And I mean like the dex, strength, wisdom, intelligence.

Chulanowa

The religions are pretty well-defined. You can find a decent list of them here; most will have links to the pathfinder Wiki that will describe htem in more detail. currently we have an Inquisitor of besmara, the goddess of piracy, sea monsters and storms at sea, and Shelyn, the goddess of love and the arts.

Chulanowa

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 01, 2017, 12:21:37 AM
uhhhhh.... Lemme think...

Well, I've never actually done the stats so, what do we start with in terms of numbers? Is there a base I start with? Like a witch base or something? And I mean like the dex, strength, wisdom, intelligence.

The OP is saying 20-point buy; you can use this calculator for that  ;D

kingmaster1

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 01, 2017, 12:24:05 AM
The OP is saying 20-point buy; you can use this calculator for that  ;D

Oh, awesome! I've got that now!

So:

Str: 8
Dex: 14
Con: 12
Int: 16
Wis: 11
Char: 16

She's a loveable witch :-P

And how many hexes, feats, and stuff can I start with?

Muse

Word of advise?  :) 

Odd usualy don' help you out.  I'd drop your dexterity to fourteen and your constituion to 12.  That'll be enoguh to get your inteligence to 16. 

Then we need to apply your racial bonuses. 

You're a changling, right?  just a smol one? 

Chulanowa

so here I am looking at a folder full of female character options - and several very pretty men - and having no idea what class I want to go with. A few rogues and bards seem to have slipped in because I have a problem.

kingmaster1

Quote from: Muse on December 01, 2017, 12:38:49 AM
  Word of advise?  :) 

Odd usualy don' help you out.  I'd drop your dexterity to fourteen and your constituion to 12.  That'll be enoguh to get your inteligence to 16. 

Then we need to apply your racial bonuses. 

You're a changling, right?  just a smol one?

Changeling raised as a halfling so she would get a halfling racial I think :-P

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 01, 2017, 12:40:51 AM
so here I am looking at a folder full of female character options - and several very pretty men - and having no idea what class I want to go with. A few rogues and bards seem to have slipped in because I have a problem.

Bards are fun XD

Also, I'm often hypnotized by the dancing panda butt :0

Chulanowa

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 01, 2017, 12:42:39 AM
Bards are fun XD

Also, I'm often hypnotized by the dancing panda butt :0

I'm already playing a bard in another game! And a rogue in another one!  :P That said it's a very cute bard and a very cute rogue, so myeh?

And yes, this thread has a nice collection of butt avatars.

kingmaster1

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 01, 2017, 12:45:23 AM
I'm already playing a bard in another game! And a rogue in another one!  :P That said it's a very cute bard and a very cute rogue, so myeh?

And yes, this thread has a nice collection of butt avatars.

how about a rogue bard combo that uses maracas and a violin? That'd be fun :-P

Muse

These should be your racial abilities: 

Ability Scores:  -2 constiution +2 Wisdom, +2 inteligence, +2 Charisma

Witchborn: Most changelings are talented witches. They gain a +2 bonus to Intelligence and Charisma instead of a +2 bonus to Wisdom and Charisma. This racial trait alters the changeling’s racial ability score modifiers. Source PCS:ISR

Defense Racial Traits

Natural Armor: Changelings have a +1 natural armor bonus.
Offense Racial Traits

We're level one, so they can't multiclass, but a bard has a lot of rogue-like abilites.  :)

Claws: Changelings’ fingernails are hard and sharp, granting them two claw attacks (1d4 points of damage each).
Senses Racial Traits

Darkvision: Changelings see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet. 

And you also need to choose one of these: 
Other Racial Traits

A changeling inherits one of the following racial traits, depending on her mother’s hag type:

Hulking Changeling (Annis Hag): The changeling gains a +1 racial bonus on melee damage.
Pyrophile (Ash Hag): The changeling gains a +1 racial bonus on damage rolls when using spells with the fire descriptor. This bonus increases by 1 for every 4 levels the changeling has beyond 1st. Source PCS:CtIE
Green Widow (Green Hag): The changeling gains a +2 racial bonus on Bluff checks against creatures that are sexually attracted to her.
Sea Lungs (Sea Hag): The changeling may hold her breath for a number of rounds equal to three times her Constitution before she risks drowning.
Gaze Blindness (Mute Hag): The changeling gains a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against gaze attacks. [JBE:BoHR:AC]
Heartstone Heritor (Night Hag): The changeling gains a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease. [JBE:BoHR:AC]
Ice Climber (Winter Hag): The changeling gains a +5 racial bonus on Climb checks on icy or slippery surfaces. [JBE:BoHR:AC]
Inscrutable (Blood Hag): The Sense Motive check DC to gain a hunch about the changeling increases by 5. [JBE:BoHR:AC]
Wind Breaker (Storm Hag): The changeling is treated as two size categories larger for the purpose of resolving wind effects. [JBE:BoHR:AC]

I'm honestly really fond of Hulking Changeling paired with long, elegnetly manacured fingerails that happen to be razor sharp.  ;) 

You'll have to get the GMS aproval on a halfling special, since the alternate racial trait for halflings is third party. 

Anyways, if you take my advise, and after racial modificaitons, your ability scores should look like this: 

Str.   8   (-1)
Dex  14 (+2)
Con  10 (+0)
Int   18 (+4)
Wis  12 (+1)
Chrs 18 (+4)

If the GM allows, you could be a small hag (2' to 4' tall) on top of allt his stuff.  Your ability scores would change like this: 
Str.   6   (-2)
Dex  16 (+3)
Con  10 (+0)
Int   18 (+4)
Wis  12 (+1)
Chrs 18 (+4)

Chulanowa

I always like to leave one odd-numbered score, personally; at level 4 you get a +1 to the ability of your choice, and it's always nice to have that translate into a +1 on dice rolls.

kingmaster1

Oh wow, green widow sounds fun but not horribly versatile. I think I'll go with the hulking changeling, then

But green widow sounds like a good opportunity for her to unintentionally bounce her boobs like the innocent ditz she is XD

Zaer Darkwail

That +2 bluff bonus may come more often into play than you imagine :P Sailors/Pirates rarely get to see women on ships (expect so far party composition is female heavy).

kingmaster1

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 01, 2017, 12:58:05 AM
That +2 bluff bonus may come more often into play than you imagine :P Sailors/Pirates rarely get to see women on ships (expect so far party composition is female heavy).

the sexy pirates XD

Boobie pirates!