Pokemon: Black Paradise Ascension (Seeking Dragonmaster Lance and Ash!)

Started by SammyGirl, September 17, 2011, 11:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyGirl

Note: The purpose of this thread is to invite people to join, list a few basic expectations, provide application forms and a list of approved characters, and discuss the RP in OOC. Questions and comments are welcome.

Roleplay Name: "Pokemon: Black Paradise Ascension"

Currently Seeking People to Play:

• Dragon Master Lance
    -- Requesting that the applicant have a good understanding of Lance's character/history before applying.
    • Ash Ketchum
    -- We'll talk out the details of his past and his present, but I'd like if you knew a little about him. I'll be letting you decide who he married, if anyone.
    • Kamon (aka Silver)
    -- The rival from Silver. He'll be acquainted with my main character, and probably will also be a rival of Lance's still.
    • OC who will work side by side with legendary pokemon arceus, dialga, and palkia.
    • I also need an oc who will be a monster/human creature of sorts to work with another of my characters.
    • Other OCs
    -- We always welcome people to create their own characters :3

Roleplay Type: Freeform group roleplay, extreme.
    Genre: Fandom, fantasy, action/adventure, drama, and some science fiction
    Worlds: Crossover. Lore based in Tales of Vesperia and Dragon Quest series. Actual roleplay story will focus primarily on Pokemon.
    Gameplay: Mainly forum based, although a popular battle simulator will be provided to enhance the experience (more details later).
    Setting: The pokemon world, we'll discuss what region it starts in if you have a preference.
    Characters: Canon characters are open to whoever gets them first. OCs are also welcome. Legendary pokemon will generally not be available for use unless discussed thoroughly before hand, as we don't want people raging at each other over something so silly. Some legendary pokemon may be essential to the story.
    Literacy Level: Intermediate-Advanced

Character Creation/Application FAQ

I'm fairly new to Elliquiy, but I am an avid role-player, having done so for years. I am looking for other RPers with the will to commit and an interest in pokemon. If you would like to get an idea of how I write/play you're welcome to observe a related writing sample of mine.

What I expect of you: Literacy is great, but you don't need to post a dozen paragraphs to please me. All that I really want is...

Post your best. As long as your heart is in it and you provide at least some detail and enough for me to respond to, you and I will be able to make an exciting story together. One that will be rewarding for both of us, that we can take pride in.

Don't vanish without a trace. If you apply for the RP, try to stay with it. I don't necessarily need you to watch it constantly, but at least post on a regular basis. That could even mean once a day or once every other day. Whatever works for you. However, I do understand that sometimes real life situations arise that take precedence over RPing. If that happens, and you are unable to post regularly or have to leave the rp, PLEASE LET ME KNOW so that we can work your character out of the story.

Respect me, yourself, and others. I will afford you the same courtesy, and if you ever feel like I am not doing so, please tell me and I will amend the way I am behaving.

Don't G-mod. This should be self-explanatory, but if it's not, there will be more detail when the RP is created and the Official Rules are instated.

Have fun. If you're not having fun, why RP in the first place? x3

What you can expect of me:

Detailed posts. I love to write, and love to share my writing with others. I may not write massive posts 100% of the time, but anything you get will be the best that I can give.

Flexible guidance. I'm very accustomed to being an RP leader, and my philosophy about RPs is this: The leader--in this case me--should have a firm grasp of the base story in order that the others have a general path to follow, but be flexible enough to go along with the ideas of others. This allows for a group RP to truly work together to create a community amongst themselves where everyone fits in and can influence the outcome of the RP's progression.

Regularity. I'll be here posting as long as there is at least one other person whose heart and soul is truly in the story. Some days I may post more than others, but you can be certain that as long as you're here, I'm here with you and I'm not going to abandon you.

Understanding.
    As long as you are open with me and respect your fellow RPers, I will always do my best to accommodate you and make sure you feel welcome in the RP, because you are.

Synopsis from the perspective of the Incarnus:

"The world is dominated by pokemon and pokemon enthusiasts. Trainers and the like have encouraged living with pokemon for hundreds if not thousands of years, and now the monsters are an integral part of society. Few people could imagine life without them...fewer still would actually want that.

But there is a sinister irony in this precious bond between human and monster. While the world goes on and life seemingly grows better and better through the recruitment of these beasts, the unity between the souls of the creatures and those of the humans is ensnaring the human world in a web of evil--one that will consume them all. For this world suffers from a cancerous darkness that has been growing in its very core since the dawn of humanity on this planet--a tremendous and nearly formless demon with the intent of possessing every living being and drawing them in to become a part of himself.

As it stands, the pokemon that the humans so deeply love, while they may not be demons themselves, are storehouses for the demon's soul and massive power. His dark spirit lays dormant within them most of the time, but lends them the powers that they wield in battle--the very powers that their trainers seek to strengthen. While humans unwittingly enhance the demonic power, so too do they entrench themselves in the claws of the evil itself. The more they become attached to their monsters, the more the monsters become attached to them. The more the monsters become attached to them, the stronger the link between the demon and the humans becomes. Soon the humans--like everything else on the planet--will be nothing but vessels for the power of the darkness.

Once that happens, there will be no saving the human race. They shall perish, to become puppets, slaves, monsters themselves.....or even mere fodder for the demon king to devour and grow. It has happened once before. I watched an entire world fall into endless darkness.

I will not let that happen again. Those who side with me may die....but those who stand against me will.

It is time to break the bonds, time to upend society. And when all is said and done, every monster will be dead. Including me."

I am now taking questions about this RP and asking for those who are interested to give me their comments/concerns. Because this is to be a long term RP, I strongly suggest asking your questions and voicing your ideas before committing permanently, that way if you find out something that you don't like, you don't have to find yourself running out on the group.

Ask away!
    [/list][/list][/list]

SammyGirl

Note: I would greatly appreciate it if you asked at least a few questions before submitting your application. As this is meant to be a long term RP, I want to be sure that everyone who applies is willing to commit and comfortable with the RP situation. If you apply and need to withdraw participation, please let us know before you quit. Additionally I ask that, if your character becomes an integral part of the story and you need to leave, that you work out a way to remove your character in the story as well (such as having them die or have a personal issue to attend, etc. Please don't just up and vanish.)

About Alliances
    As part of your application, you'll be choosing your character's starting alliance. To help you decide who you want to side with, here are the descriptions of current possibilities.

Incarnus: They wish to destroy pokemon, the infected planet, and completely change society by freeing the human race from their allegiance to monsters and sending the humans to another world.

Society: Wishes to maintain the relations between pokemon and humans, does not believe in the demon king, and desire to defend the world from the wrath of the incarnus and his followers.

CELL: A secretive organization bent on severing human/monster relations. Some believe that monsters should all die, others simply believe they should be outcast and that training should be outlawed. In contrast to the Incarnus, CELL wishes to preserve the world, and they believe that the incarnus is the root of all evil--the epitomy of why monsters should not be welcome among humans.

Darkness: The slaves of the demon king. Includes possessed humans, shadow pokemon, and dark entities/demons such as missingno. Their ultimate goal is to woo society to further ensnare them and to utterly destroy the incarnus and his followers.

Human Application Form

Character Name:
    Sexual Orientation:
    Kinks: Any sexual interests or quirks that aren't exactly traditional? Go ahead and explain.
    Skills/Occupation: Everybody has talents, a job, or a life calling. Mention it here.
    Physical Description/Image: Pictures of your character are optional but provide a good visual. If you cannot provide a picture, simply describe your character in detail. Eyes, hair, skin, clothes, height, etc.
    Alliance:

Pokemon Team: If any. Max # of monsters with you at any time is 6. If you change your team, make sure you update it here. No legendaries unless we discussed it and it was approved beforehand.

Personality: Tell us about your character's unique perspective and how they respond to situations.

Bio: Tell us a little bit about your character's past and how they got to where they are today.

Monster Application Form

Note: If you decide to play with one of your main characters as a monster, your character's ability to communicate is limited to body language, psychic ability, and/or whether or not the darkness has corrupted you enough to give you the power of speech.

Character Name:
    Species: May be an existing pokemon species or one you create. If you create your own species, be sure to provide detail about it.
    Type: Fire, water, grass, etc. Will help us know your weaknesses and strengths.
    Sexual Preference: May include an interest in humans.
    Kinks: Any sexual interests or quirks that aren't exactly traditional? Go ahead and explain.
    Experience: More relevant than age in the case of monsters. Refers to life experience as well as battle experience. Very little, little, some, intermediate, high, or very high.
    Ability: Choose one.
    Physical Description/Image: Pictures of your character are optional but provide a good visual. If you cannot provide a picture, simply describe your character in detail.

Alliance:

Personality: Tell us about your character's unique perspective and how they respond to situations.

Bio: Tell us a little bit about your character's past and how they got to where they are today.

Example Applications/My Characters

Character Name: Ace
    Species: Incarnus
    Type: Depends on his form. Hawkhart (phoenix) -- Fire/Flying, Diamagon (dragon) -- Dragon/Water, Wulfspade (white wolf) -- Electric, Ace of Spades (demon wolf) -- Dark, Human Form -- Fighting/Steel
    Gender: Hermaphrodite, but prefers to be referred to as male.
    Sexual Preference: Bisexual with no interest in monsters.
    Kinks: Powerful affinity for humans. Normally extremely dominant. Known to engage in non-con. Enjoys delivering oral and anal. Strong fetish for urine play.
    Experience: Very High.
    Ability: Depends on his form. Hawkhart (phoenix) -- Flash Fire, Diamagon (dragon) -- Levitate, Wulfspade (white wolf) -- Lightningrod, Ace of Spades (demon wolf) -- Shadow Tag, Human Form -- Magic Bounce
    Physical Description/Image:

Alliance: Incarnus
    Personality: Noble, regal, idealistic, and extremely serious when it comes to matters of opposing the darkness and protecting humankind. He can be grim, moody, and brooding when this sits at the center of his thoughts. From time to time, the burden he bears can wear on him, and he may become tired emotionally and rather melancholy.

Fortunately for him and everyone around him, he usually makes a conscious effort to remain positive, and despite everything, he normally comes across as oddly playful and friendly, sometimes to the point of clownish. He loves banter and teasing his closest friends, and he is also one for dishing out innuendo to see if anyone is listening to him. He is also rather flirtatious, which may be unbecoming of a king, but his excuse is his monstrous nature.

There is a side to Ace that he suppresses as best he can, although occasionally it arises to the surface. Monster that he is, and with his life belonging to the demon king, he can become deadly violent, fiercely aggressive, and extremely dangerous and unforgiving. Fortunately that side of him rarely surfaces but when he is dealing with other monsters. Still, the blood of humans does indeed stain his hands, so do not make the mistake of assuming that he is tame.

Bio:

The King of Monsters in the human realm, he has lived through millenia in numerous forms--each time opposing the demon who desires to rule over all. He has been killed as many times as he has lived, but his soul remains tethered to the demon king. Born into life as a noble creature known as Phaeroh, he was transformed into a monster when his spirit was consumed by the Adephagos (the shapeless demon king itself). He was made to be a slave of the darkness, sent to lord over all monsters, and he was given the body of Baramos, a foul lizardic general that commanded monster armies to overrun the humans of the new world. When finally defeated by a heroic few, he became aware of himself again, and vowed to end the reign of the demon lord--a fact which resulted in his immediate termination.

He was later reborn as the Zenith Dragon, under the watchful eye of King Zenith in the great skycastle. He resumed his efforts to save the human race and the planet below from the growing power of the all-consuming darkness, but was destroyed once again at the peak of his power. Every body he inhabited since was given to him by the evil that he hates the most, a gift from the demon to spite his very life. Aptly named for the fact that he has reincarnated many times, the incarnus also is able to evolve in a way unique from other monsters.

He can change form at a whim, although it requires substantial energy, and cannot be done when he is weakened. He also can take the form of a human, when exposed to a unique artifact known as the Master Medallion.

The incarnus--also known as Ace--strongly believes in saving the humans of the planet, regardless of the consequences. As a result, he will do anything for their greater good, no matter how many humans despise him for it.

Character Name: Samuel Oak
    Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
    Kinks: Harbors an interest in teacher/student relationships, often with trainers that he mentors. In situations such as those, he adopts a dominant role. Prefers those who are younger than he is, with absolutely no interest whatsoever in females his age or older. Entertains a secret interest in relations with monsters, likely spurred by past experiences with Ace.
    Age: Mid 70s or low 80s. Nobody is quite certain, especially since he seems to have ceased aging. Nobody is sure of his secret to remaining healthy except for him and the incarnus.
    Skills/Occupation: Retired pokemon professor and trainer with extensive skills in research and teaching. Now seems apt to engage in physical fitness.

Alliance: Incarnus, although he often seems conflicted.

Pokemon Team: As a retired trainer, he no longer owns any monsters, although Ace often calls Samuel his master.

Personality: Although he prefers to keep to himself, Samuel is friendly, amiable, and a little goofy. He is well-loved by many, although now days he avoids the spotlight as much as possible. Even so, he still enjoys offering encouragement to trainers and doling out advice laced with lame puns and--occasionally--innuendo. He also has another--more perverted--side. And that is entirely the fault of the incarnus.

While unlikely to be particularly forward in his interests, an attempt to seduce an apprentice is not unheard of. He also--secretly--finds his greatest pleasure in monsters. A fact which has left him with the demonic powers that be breathing down his neck.

Bio:

Though now an old man, the former professor seems to have discovered some means of maintaining his strength, appearance, and avoiding certain death. It is a well-guarded secret, however, and it seems that only he and Ace truly know what is keeping him around.

Samuel is well known to the world as the "Pokemon Prof." and while he has since retired, he still seems to enjoy offering encouragement to young trainers.

In his youth, he began as a trainer himself and quickly rose to the top with the help of the unique monster that he discovered along the way--the incarnus. The two of them formed an inseparable bond, which still remains today. However, for most of his life, Samuel made sure that Ace stayed out of the spotlight, as per the wishes of the incarnus himself. Even now, very few people know much about their history together, if anything.

Eventually Samuel's interest in training waned, but he followed his dreams to become a scientist and a pokemon researcher. All the while keeping Ace's mission in the back of his mind. Frequently the pair clashed in their interests, and often Samuel attempted to abandon Ace in favor of his own love for monsters and interest in society's growth with them as the center. In the end, however, he knew that Ace was right, and though it is still very difficult for him, Samuel supports the incarnus and has made his own contributions to the mission against the demons that infest the earth.

Character Name: Charity Oak
    Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
    Kinks: Although largely traditional in her interests, she has been known as willing to try new things.
    Skills/Occupation: Pokemon Professor with extensive skills in research. Also a League Master of the Jhoto Region and a good trainer.

Alliance: Incarnus

Pokemon Team: Owns a large number of monsters but currently favors the following: Galvantula, Ninetails, Umbreon, Leafeon, Nidoking, and Scyther

Personality: Pleasant, hopeful, and keenly interested in learning, Charity is reasonably optimistic outwardly. Her greatest strengths are her sheer determination and strength of will. Despite her apparent confidence, however, she is often unsure of herself and struggles to maintain a brave facade.

She can be engaging and amusingly sarcastic, but sometimes she can take it too far and wind up hurting someone's feelings. She is a capable leader when she has to be, but often finds herself wishing that she could simply be lazy and let someone else do the work for a change.

Her greatest weakness is her frequent lonesomeness. Despite the fact that she likes to be independent and free, she often feels unfulfilled and lonely--a fact which can lead her to infidelity if and when her husband does not satisfy her desperate need for acceptance and affection.

Bio:
    The heir to Samuel's throne as the renowned scientist of the Kanto region, this woman is actually Gary Oak's wife. The two have been married for some time, and have two children together--twins. They even have a grandchild, though they are both still relatively young in their late thirties. Blame it on the consequences of being sent out into the world at ten years old.

Strangely enough, this woman boasts a bizarre history in the pokemon world. She began her life on another planet, perhaps even in an alternate dimension, growing up in a land free of monsters entirely. However, as a child she was lured into an inter-dimensional gate and pulled into a world unlike her own. Unhappy as she was, she sought to return from whence she came, but found herself becoming somewhat of an errand girl for Professor Oak. She did not know it at the time, but he was conditioning her to become an integral part of Ace's plan.

She became a fairly good trainer and traveled the world. Inevitably she ran into Gary, and although they frequently did not get along, eventually a friendship budded and transformed into a romance. They soon became inseparable and together faced a mysterious entity that seemed to arise from nowhere, plaguing innocent people and towns and transforming them into unlivable, twisted shadows of what they once were. When they discovered the source of the problems--a dark and formless entity known only as missingo--they were forced to confront it. Unfortunately, in interacting with Charity it gained access to her home world, and the only way for her to prevent it from passing between the dimensions and destroying the home she once loved was to forfeit her title as a Champion and return to her world, sealing the portal behind her to trap missingno inside.

Sadly, in doing so she had to leave behind her new husband and two infants in his care.

Seven years later she came across a friend she once knew from the pokemon world and discovered that he had come back to retrieve her. Having been missing her life there, she did return and was reunited with her family. She was able to resume raising her children, although her life was far from charmed. She and Gary had grown apart, if only because of the time they'd not had together, and Gary was somewhat resentful. Even so, they remained together in an effort to regain what they once had. She became a trainer again and eventually became a league member. She now owns her own pokemon ranch and resides in a modern manor in the mountains overlooking Cerulean City.

Approved Characters/Applicants
    Ace -- Played by SammyGirl
    Alphonse Logare -- Played by TheHangedMan
    Blane -- Played by pendarious
    Charity Oak -- Played by SammyGirl
    Gary Oak -- Played by Savant of the Wastes
    "GeeEm" -- Played by SammyGirl
    Mewtwo -- Played by Angzyne
    Renna -- Played by pendarious
    Samuel Oak -- Played by SammyGirl
    Sarianna -- Played by Karasu
    Zeema -- Played by Karasu

SammyGirl

Application/Character Creation FAQ

Can I play as a pokemon instead of a human? Yes, you may. Note that there are two separate application forms. One is for human main characters, the other is for monsters. Be sure that you follow the correct form to avoid confusion.

Can I create a character who changes alliances during the course of the story? Absolutely. Whether you wish to create a human or a monster, their side may change depending on how they are influenced by the events around them.

RP Playlist
    For all you music lovers who would like to have something to RP by, here is a list of songs chosen specifically for the RP. This will be edited and updated frequently, as new scenarios unfold, more characters join, and songs become available.

PC Intro
    - "Meadows of Heaven" (instrumental) ~ Nightwish

RP Main Theme
    - "We Don't Need Another Hero" ~ Northern Kings

General Battle Themes
    - BPA Wild Battle: "Butterflies and Hurricanes: Abkativ Remix" ~ Muse
    - BPA Gym Battle: "Butterflies and Hurricanes" (original) ~ Muse
    - Trainer Battle: "Trainer Battle - Kanto" ~ skotein
    - National / Tourney Battle: "Metal Pokemon Theme" ~ miclain1995

Single Character Themes
    - Ace's Theme: "Karma" ~ Kamelot
    - Charity Oak's Theme: "Dark Wings" ~ Within Temptation
    - Samuel Oak's Theme: "Master of My Destiny" ~ Silent Force

Team/Group Themes
    - Untamed Legends: "Can't Take Me" ~ Bryan Adams
    - Ace and Samuel Oak: "Engraved Within" ~ Serenity
    - Mewtwo and Oak: "The Power of One" ~ Pokemon 2000
    - CELL: "Monster" ~ Paramore

Sexual Relationship Themes
    - Ace x Samuel: "Our Time Is Running Out" ~ Muse

More to be added as the RP develops.

pendarious

I'm definitely interested here. Is it possible to play characters who switch sides?
    Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
    Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
    —The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

SammyGirl

Quote from: pendarious on September 18, 2011, 09:09:02 AM
    I'm definitely interested here. Is it possible to play characters who switch sides?

Absolutely, you could easily create a character who began as a pokemon trainer/enthusiast and move over to Ace's point of view or vice versa. Also, there is plenty of potential with Canon characters to change sides as well, if you don't want to make an OC.

If you need help making a character or their background story, I can help you with that also, though I prefer if you make most of the details about OC's yourself.

pendarious

cool. So how do pokemon enthusiasts who join ace function? I mean do they still battle using pokemon or do they pick up a new method of fighting?
    Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

SammyGirl

That will develop more as the story wears on. However, for the majority of the story, both sides will use pokemon. Ace himself is a monster, and he will also engage in battle. His ultimate goal is to steal pokemon from the trainers who won't side with him, and lead the trainers who will.

Edit: To add to this answer, since I was in a hurry when I typed it out, let me clarify:

Both sides will be using pokemon. One side will be using them to try to defend their use and existence in the human world, the other side will be using them to combat that. Basically both sides need to use them, otherwise the balance of power would lean only to the side that used them.

Adding to that, since this is a somewhat more grim take on the pokemon world, we need to remember that these are monsters of tremendous power. They are entirely capable of killing one another or the humans. There won't be any "funny" uses of their power like in the cartoon. If a human is engulfed in flames, they get third degree burns. Also, humans will need to strategically recall their monsters, because if they let their monsters keep fighting after they are unable, there is always the possibility that their monster will die.

Also, both sides may deem it necessary to adopt methods of fighting for themselves. Knives, guns, martial arts. It's all up for grabs.

SammyGirl

Note: I added the application forms. I'll be putting up my own character sheets shortly to provide an example of how they should look. I also invite questions about applying and character creation.

SammyGirl

Added my character sheets as examples in the section for applications. When applying for the rp, you may refer to these. Also, I updated the first post with additional information, as well as removing my characters from there so as not to be redundant.

TheHangedOne

I'm tentatively interested in this. My main questions are:

I only played Red and Blue, when they first came out, and lost interest in the franchise shortly after beating them. I only watched the first season of the cartoon. Is my lack of knowledge going to make playing difficult for me, or can I find a way to make it work (character has amnesia? Came from different world?) without it seeming cheap and corny?

And: I noticed you mentioned Dragon Quest. How is that going to be factoring into things?
    A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
    "In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
    "In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
    "Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
    Check out my poet tree!

Karasu

Oh my God Shadow is that you?! Ly-Lunah here!

Edit: If it isn't obvious I am totally interested in this because I so know your posting style!
    SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

SammyGirl

@ Karasu: Hey there. Yeah it's me (obv.) Be thinking of how you want to enter into the story if you really want to. Feel free to ask questions too.

@TheHangedMan:
    Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 19, 2011, 09:28:41 AM
    I'm tentatively interested in this. My main questions are:

I only played Red and Blue, when they first came out, and lost interest in the franchise shortly after beating them. I only watched the first season of the cartoon. Is my lack of knowledge going to make playing difficult for me, or can I find a way to make it work (character has amnesia? Came from different world?) without it seeming cheap and corny?

And: I noticed you mentioned Dragon Quest. How is that going to be factoring into things?

To answer your first question: Only a minimal knowledge of pokemon is required. As long as you enjoyed red and blue and can come up with your own character's story, you will do fine. After all, not everyone in the pokemon world can know everything about every monster, every region, or every other person in the world. Your knowledge of red and blue should be more than sufficient, especially if your character was born and raised in Kanto. The rest you'll learn as you go, and I'm more than willing to help if it becomes difficult. I doubt it will be a problem in any way though.

In answer to your second question: The Dragon Quest Series factors in primarily as lore. If you know the series, you're aware of the conflict between a demon king who appears and reappears in many different forms throughout the centuries. In Dragon Quest, Monsters also play a rather large role in the story, so the pokemon world and the dragon quest lore tie together very well.

As for how Dragon Quest factors into the current story--
    Really the only thing you need to know is that the incarnus is from Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker and that his master, the hero in DQM:J is --for the purposes of this story--Samuel Oak.

You don't need to be a fan of dragon quest or even to have played it to enjoy the rp. But if you have played it, you'll have a deeper understanding of the history behind the story.

TheHangedOne

Ahhh, very interesting. I loved the Dragon Quest Monster games! Sadly, I don't have them anymore. Lost them in a flood.  I might end up having to poke around on Ebay and seeing if I can find them again.

I'm working on a character, then. I also like how you're tying the lore together.

Would a martial artist that fights against Pokemon work, as a concept? Figuring, the dude just has some intensive training regimen.  I may also play as a monster. Not sure yet.
    Check out my poet tree!

SammyGirl

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 19, 2011, 03:33:23 PM
    Ahhh, very interesting. I loved the Dragon Quest Monster games! Sadly, I don't have them anymore. Lost them in a flood.  I might end up having to poke around on Ebay and seeing if I can find them again.

I'm working on a character, then. I also like how you're tying the lore together.

Would a martial artist that fights against Pokemon work, as a concept? Figuring, the dude just has some intensive training regimen.  I may also play as a monster. Not sure yet.

If you would like to be a martial artist that fights against pokemon, that's fine. Bear in mind that since humans have no supernatural powers and relatively low defenses compared to monsters that their best strategy for survival when encountering a monster would either be weapons or--as you said-- an intensive training regimen that focuses on stealth, speed, and physical attack power.

And, naturally, depending on how the story progresses, your character is likely to get help from other people, so at least he won't have to rely entirely on his own power. But having a martial artist on the team would be fantastic, because they can do things and access areas that regular people can't.

Karasu

I indeed would, and I can't wait to show you how much I've improved here. I have been thinking on my character some I'll work on it some more today.

SammyGirl

Quote from: Karasu on September 19, 2011, 03:51:37 PM
    I indeed would, and I can't wait to show you how much I've improved here. I have been thinking on my character some I'll work on it some more today.
    Alright. And don't tell Viety I'm here. I don't want to hurt his feelings, because I'm still doing Paths Connected with him. It's just that he only posts once in a very long while, and since it's not his favorite thing to do I kinda wanted to explore this idea with people who might appreciate it a bit more.

Plus I always think it's intriguing how the same base story can take different branches depending on how you approach it.

Karasu

My Lips are totally sealed Sammy.

By the way my friend totally sent you a request to play a pokemon. I'm doing a trainer regardless XD

SammyGirl

Quote from: Karasu on September 19, 2011, 04:16:55 PM
    My Lips are totally sealed Sammy.

By the way my friend totally sent you a request to play a pokemon. I'm doing a trainer regardless XD

Awesome, I got her message and replied back.

Also, it would be cool to see you do a trainer. I assume you're familiar with the battle simulator that's sort of become a staple of this story? If not I probably need to set you up with it..... Not to mention give everybody else access to it to o.0

I just figured you might know it already since you've been in my RPs before.

Karasu

I believe you do as I don't have it anymore this is a new comp of course XD

haha but ya I know your battle system Sammy. i'll send you a skeleton in PM and ask you for help conceiving her backstory ^^

TheHangedOne

Here's my character. It's a definite work in progress at the moment.

Character Name: Alphonse Logare
    Sexual Orientation: Straight
    Kinks: He generally doesn't have much time in his busy life for sexual pursuits; if he isn't training or resting up, than he's on a mission.  However, being a rather liberal-minded person, he is open to perversion.

Skills/Occupation: Mercenary, he fights for those who can afford him. His skills include bare knuckle brawling, spear and staff fighting, unorthodox mixed martial arts (being one part trained martial artist, two parts street tough/brawler), high pain threshold, and a constitution that pushes the human limits. On a less combative note, he is skilled at cooking, marching, campaigning, weapon and armor maintenance, foraging and herbology.

Physical Description/Image: Pictures of your character are optional but provide a good visual. If you cannot provide a picture, simply describe your character in detail. Eyes, hair, skin, clothes, height, etc.
    Alliance: Money. His allegiance can be bought, though he does maintain a certain code of conduct and will not undertake any job that he feels will cause him to have to break this code. [I may need to work some details on this out with you, SammyGirl]

Pokemon Team: N/A

Personality: Dedicated and loyal to whoever holds his contract. Despite this, he does have a certain amount of capriciousness. He is a martially oriented and motivated person, who respects strength and seeks to increase his own. Although having a well detailed code of conduct and morality that he ascribes to, he is first and foremost a utilitarian.

Check out my poet tree!

SammyGirl

Quote from: Karasu on September 19, 2011, 06:19:39 PM
    I believe you do as I don't have it anymore this is a new comp of course XD

haha but ya I know your battle system Sammy. i'll send you a skeleton in PM and ask you for help conceiving her backstory ^^
    Sure thing. Ill see if I can put up the battle simulator tonight. If not tonight then tomorrow.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 19, 2011, 06:57:57 PM
    Here's my character. It's a definite work in progress at the moment.

Kinks: He generally doesn't have much time in his busy life for sexual pursuits; if he isn't training or resting up, than he's on a mission.  However, being a rather liberal-minded person, he is open to perversion.

Skills/Occupation: Mercenary, he fights for those who can afford him. His skills include bare knuckle brawling, spear and staff fighting, unorthodox mixed martial arts (being one part trained martial artist, two parts street tough/brawler), high pain threshold, and a constitution that pushes the human limits. On a less combative note, he is skilled at cooking, marching, campaigning, weapon and armor maintenance, foraging and herbology.

Alliance: Money. His allegiance can be bought, though he does maintain a certain code of conduct and will not undertake any job that he feels will cause him to have to break this code. [I may need to work some details on this out with you, SammyGirl]

Personality: Dedicated and loyal to whoever holds his contract. Despite this, he does have a certain amount of capriciousness. He is a martially oriented and motivated person, who respects strength and seeks to increase his own. Although having a well detailed code of conduct and morality that he ascribes to, he is first and foremost a utilitarian.

Your character sounds absolutely enthralling. I'm very interested to learn more about him. Be sure to insert the bio and the description when you have the time.

Other than that, I really like what you have so far, and the idea of him being for-hire is particularly fascinating, as he could change sides quite a lot depending on the highest bidder.

I like bounty hunters <<;

XD

Angzyn

Hey SammyGirl. Sent ya a PM and I would love to hear all inputs and ideas you might have for my character. Like I said she is very WIP.
    Adams and Eves
    Cravings:
    World of Warcraft
    Thundercats (2011)
    Legend of Zelda

SammyGirl

Quote from: Angzyn on September 19, 2011, 07:24:43 PM
    Hey SammyGirl. Sent ya a PM and I would love to hear all inputs and ideas you might have for my character. Like I said she is very WIP.
    Replied to you with a few ideas of my own. Let me know if you like them and/or think they may be able to work with some of your ideas.

Angzyn

Just want yo say I like you idea a lot more then mind. Think I'm going to go with what you gave me.
    Adams and Eves
    Cravings:
    World of Warcraft
    Thundercats (2011)
    Legend of Zelda

SammyGirl

Quote from: Angzyn on September 19, 2011, 08:19:00 PM
    Just want yo say I like you idea a lot more then mind. Think I'm going to go with what you gave me.
    YAY! I'm so excited. Feel free to add to your character's history a little more too, if you like, but you're more than welcome to use my ideas as a base for your bio.

If you would like to join, you're welcome to set up an application with your character, and once it's completely filled out, I can approve it. In the meantime, if you have any other pressing questions, be sure that you ask them so that I can answer them up front for you.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: SammyGirl on September 19, 2011, 07:18:59 PM
    Sure thing. Ill see if I can put up the battle simulator tonight. If not tonight then tomorrow.

Your character sounds absolutely enthralling. I'm very interested to learn more about him. Be sure to insert the bio and the description when you have the time.

Other than that, I really like what you have so far, and the idea of him being for-hire is particularly fascinating, as he could change sides quite a lot depending on the highest bidder.

I like bounty hunters <<;

XD
    Yeah. He's in it for the money, although their might be something else to it, too. I'll leave that a mystery, though! Nothing like a few good mysteries, right?  :-)

Heehee, I'm currently scouring around for a picture. I have an image in my head, and I'm trying to find something approximate. I may end up writing out one, though.
    Check out my poet tree!

SammyGirl

Awesome x3

I'm looking forward to seeing him/reading the description, because now I'm curious.
    I keep picturing him as this rough, rugged guy who lives out in the wild training himself XDD

TheHangedOne

Okay, here it is in its entirety. I did a bit of research to help me along, though I do have a question for you, SammyGirl, and that is: Would Scyther blades make for a legitimately good weapon?  ???

And apologies for the somewhat rambling nature of the biography. I have a bad tendency to ramble in my posts.

Physical Description/Image: A man that is six feet tall even, he is broad shouldered and barrel chested.  He is possessed of a wiry,d eceptive strength, and is capable of exerting far more power in physical activities than he may appear. His legs are thick and powerful, like a racing horses, from a life of constant roving and roaming.  He has short brown hair, which is usually messy (he has long since given up on trying to tame his hair), typically has stubble or a scraggly beard of some sort (shaving is something of a luxury he only indulges in when he has the chance to do so), and his eyes are of a similar coloration.  He bears several scars on his body from battles; slashes, gouges, and the like. Of particular note is a marking around his neck, that looks like it must have surely been a fatal blow.

His clothing of choice is thick, steel-toed leather boots (with spring loaded blades made from Scyther fore-arms), dark colored pants, dark red muscle shirt, and a thick, dusty leather trenchcoat (dyed a plain brown color), and occasionally will wear a wide-brimmed hat (when it's particularly hot and sunny out), or a dark red bandanna with a small metal plate along the forehead. He wears fingerless, thin leather gloves with metal reinforced knuckles (for protection, as well as giving his punches added 'oomph!'), and can often be seen wielding a set of hand-claws made from Scyther fore-arms. The short, sharpened blades from the Scyther make his weapon of choice quite lethal; however, they are further augmented, alchemically, being preserved and strengthened against damage.

Alliance: Money. His allegiance can be bought, though he does maintain a certain code of conduct and will not undertake any job that he feels will cause him to have to break this code.

Personality: Dedicated and loyal to whoever holds his contract. Despite this, he does have a certain amount of capriciousness, and prefers to work for people that allow him flexibility in his tasks. He is a martially oriented and motivated person, who respects strength and seeks to increase his own. Although having a well detailed code of conduct and morality that he ascribes to, he is first and foremost a utilitarian, and this occasionally leads him to forsake his code.

Bio: Raised  in an orphanage in Mahogany Town, the supposed "Home of the Ninja", Alphonse grew up listening to old tales of those legendary warriors and tricksters. Like many youngsters, when he was a child, his dreams and motivations were fueld by a childish obsession with the stories he heard; he wanted to be a ninja when he grew up!

And he took to often exploring the wilderness, and challenging himself with astounding feats of athleticism (for a young teenager). It was during this time that he was attacked by a wild PokeMon, a Scyther that was provoked by the red shirt he wore.  It attacked him relentlessly, and he was nearly killed by it (lacking any sort of combat experience at the time). It was at this point that he took a swipe to his throat, a blow that by all rights, would have seen him bleed to death (it had not,  thankfully, hit his carotid artery).

It was at this point that a PokeMon trainer saved his life. The details of the PokeMon fight are a blank for Alphonse, but the stranger was able to stop the bleeding, and get him back to town. Once he recovered fully, he went back out into the wilderness, having heard from the doctor that tended to him that the older man that saved him lived out in the woods.

He eventually found the cabin, which was home to a fifty-something year old man, and a MaChoke. The young Alphonse met the old man, who introduced himself as  Gepetto, and his 'pet', who went by the name Tiger.  He profusely thanked the man for saving him, and, driven by the curiosity of a child, began to ask him questions.

Gepetto lived out here because he didn't get along with most folks. He found a simple joy, however, in his humble existence, keeping a few PokeMon around at any given time for company and to train them, in order to protect himself from the wild PokeMon that might show up and disrupt his otherwise peaceful existence.

One visit to Gepetto became a dozen. A dozen became a hundred over the years, as Alphonse was constantly driven out to talk with the strange old man, and hear about his stories, about when he traveled the world (when he was far, far younger), how he fought in tournaments and such, the special training he put his PokeMon through to make them so strong, and other assorted bits and bobs.

Alphonse didn't just come out for stories, after a time, either. He helped. He went out, and helped Gepetto to pick nuts, berries, and herbs, and to set traps to hunt for small game. He learned as they went along, too, and the old man's cooking skills and recipes were even handed down along to the child.

In a way, Alphonse, who himself often felt distant from others, and who subconsciously looked for a father figure, became this hermit's sort-of-son.

Eventually, he began to train with Tiger, having expressed a desire to become strong without having to rely on PokeMon. He wanted to travel the world, too, but if he wanted to do that without relying on the aid of other creatures, he had to be able to take care of himself.

It wasn't until he was 22 that he actually left to go out into the world, though it was restricted to the Johto area for the longest of time. As a way to pay for his lifestyle, he took it upon himself to become a bodyguard for travelers and merchants, keeping them safe from human and PokeMon alike.

Once he gained a modest reputation for being a fairly strong bodyguard, his sights were gradually expanded to the wider world of mercenary work, which he easily found himself adapting to quite well.

...Still, their are those out there that ask too much of him. Gepetto, you see, when training Alphonse's body, also exercised his mind and instilled in him a strong sense of what is right and what is wrong (though his lessons may have become distorted somewhat).
    Check out my poet tree!

SammyGirl

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 19, 2011, 09:37:14 PM
    Okay, here it is in its entirety. I did a bit of research to help me along, though I do have a question for you, SammyGirl, and that is: Would Scyther blades make for a legitimately good weapon?  ???

And apologies for the somewhat rambling nature of the biography. I have a bad tendency to ramble in my posts.

Physical Description/Image: A man that is six feet tall even, he is broad shouldered and barrel chested.  He is possessed of a wiry,d eceptive strength, and is capable of exerting far more power in physical activities than he may appear. His legs are thick and powerful, like a racing horses, from a life of constant roving and roaming.  He has short brown hair, which is usually messy (he has long since given up on trying to tame his hair), typically has stubble or a scraggly beard of some sort (shaving is something of a luxury he only indulges in when he has the chance to do so), and his eyes are of a similar coloration.  He bears several scars on his body from battles; slashes, gouges, and the like. Of particular note is a marking around his neck, that looks like it must have surely been a fatal blow.

His clothing of choice is thick, steel-toed leather boots (with spring loaded blades made from Scyther fore-arms), dark colored pants, dark red muscle shirt, and a thick, dusty leather trenchcoat (dyed a plain brown color), and occasionally will wear a wide-brimmed hat (when it's particularly hot and sunny out), or a dark red bandanna with a small metal plate along the forehead. He wears fingerless, thin leather gloves with metal reinforced knuckles (for protection, as well as giving his punches added 'oomph!'), and can often be seen wielding a set of hand-claws made from Scyther fore-arms. The short, sharpened blades from the Scyther make his weapon of choice quite lethal; however, they are further augmented, alchemically, being preserved and strengthened against damage.

Alliance: Money. His allegiance can be bought, though he does maintain a certain code of conduct and will not undertake any job that he feels will cause him to have to break this code.

Personality: Dedicated and loyal to whoever holds his contract. Despite this, he does have a certain amount of capriciousness, and prefers to work for people that allow him flexibility in his tasks. He is a martially oriented and motivated person, who respects strength and seeks to increase his own. Although having a well detailed code of conduct and morality that he ascribes to, he is first and foremost a utilitarian, and this occasionally leads him to forsake his code.

Bio: Raised  in an orphanage in Mahogany Town, the supposed "Home of the Ninja", Alphonse grew up listening to old tales of those legendary warriors and tricksters. Like many youngsters, when he was a child, his dreams and motivations were fueld by a childish obsession with the stories he heard; he wanted to be a ninja when he grew up!

And he took to often exploring the wilderness, and challenging himself with astounding feats of athleticism (for a young teenager). It was during this time that he was attacked by a wild PokeMon, a Scyther that was provoked by the red shirt he wore.  It attacked him relentlessly, and he was nearly killed by it (lacking any sort of combat experience at the time). It was at this point that he took a swipe to his throat, a blow that by all rights, would have seen him bleed to death (it had not,  thankfully, hit his carotid artery).

It was at this point that a PokeMon trainer saved his life. The details of the PokeMon fight are a blank for Alphonse, but the stranger was able to stop the bleeding, and get him back to town. Once he recovered fully, he went back out into the wilderness, having heard from the doctor that tended to him that the older man that saved him lived out in the woods.

He eventually found the cabin, which was home to a fifty-something year old man, and a MaChoke. The young Alphonse met the old man, who introduced himself as  Gepetto, and his 'pet', who went by the name Tiger.  He profusely thanked the man for saving him, and, driven by the curiosity of a child, began to ask him questions.

Gepetto lived out here because he didn't get along with most folks. He found a simple joy, however, in his humble existence, keeping a few PokeMon around at any given time for company and to train them, in order to protect himself from the wild PokeMon that might show up and disrupt his otherwise peaceful existence.

One visit to Gepetto became a dozen. A dozen became a hundred over the years, as Alphonse was constantly driven out to talk with the strange old man, and hear about his stories, about when he traveled the world (when he was far, far younger), how he fought in tournaments and such, the special training he put his PokeMon through to make them so strong, and other assorted bits and bobs.

Alphonse didn't just come out for stories, after a time, either. He helped. He went out, and helped Gepetto to pick nuts, berries, and herbs, and to set traps to hunt for small game. He learned as they went along, too, and the old man's cooking skills and recipes were even handed down along to the child.

In a way, Alphonse, who himself often felt distant from others, and who subconsciously looked for a father figure, became this hermit's sort-of-son.

Eventually, he began to train with Tiger, having expressed a desire to become strong without having to rely on PokeMon. He wanted to travel the world, too, but if he wanted to do that without relying on the aid of other creatures, he had to be able to take care of himself.

It wasn't until he was 22 that he actually left to go out into the world, though it was restricted to the Johto area for the longest of time. As a way to pay for his lifestyle, he took it upon himself to become a bodyguard for travelers and merchants, keeping them safe from human and PokeMon alike.

Once he gained a modest reputation for being a fairly strong bodyguard, his sights were gradually expanded to the wider world of mercenary work, which he easily found himself adapting to quite well.

...Still, their are those out there that ask too much of him. Gepetto, you see, when training Alphonse's body, also exercised his mind and instilled in him a strong sense of what is right and what is wrong (though his lessons may have become distorted somewhat).

Scyther blades as weapons are perfectly suitable, and by the way I don't think you rambled at all XD
    I actually like your character's story, and I think he's going to be a VERY interesting player in the rp.

I'm approving Alphonse, and listing him on the front page.

Also, since interest in the rp seems high enough, I'm going to go ahead and name it, as well as begin constructing the main thread. I'm not sure if it will be done tonight, but I will certainly try.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

SammyGirl

@TheHangedMan: You're very welcome x3

@ All: Okay, I've been SUPER busy, and I did a lot of updating to the front page, including adding a link to the IC RP. I also created a rules thread and whatnot, all of which is easily accessible from the IC RP itself.

I added some links in strategic places so that you can download the battle sim too if you wish, and I'm still taking questions.

Also: I added the prologue and my very first post to the main rp. It's now officially started for anyone who feels adventurous enough to jump in. Just make sure you're approved before you start.

Karasu

Kind of throwing an idea out here Sammy,  but I found a picture I wanan work with, it's pretty damn interesting.
    What do you think about my working with this? I've got others I can use XD

It's her tied to a black dragon of sorts.

pendarious

sorry i havent said anything here in a while sammy. I'll have a character up for you by....sometime tomorrow (Wednesday september 21st)

SammyGirl

@ Karasu: That's a cool picture. I like it. Charizard can be black at times, and of course there are others. I'll let you decide how the dragon plays into her story and all, just don't forget that if you want your profile to be approved, you need to post it here so that everyone has access to it and can read about your character.

@ pendarious: No problem. I look forward to seeing what you can come up with. I hope you like what I've put together so far x3

Karasu

Character Name: Sarianna
    Kinks: She secretly gets aroused by pain (And OOCly I Just Love, Rape, Bondage, Force, Romance and SEduction, Fear's the biggest one there)
    Skills/Occupation: Pokemon communication (Through feelings and body language, she is able to "talk" to pokemon. She often communicates these through music, Her occupation is a wanderer, helping pokemon wherever she finds them in need. (For pokemon she has a kind fo aura of calm and peace.
    Her hair reaches to her ankles, a frothing mass of snow that adorns her head. Amber eyes are sweet and kind.
    Alliance: Society [she can be swayed like any human]

Pokemon Team: 3 that remain her constant companions, Her black Charizard master (of sorts), a Leafeon (F), and a Kirlia (M). Their names were Kavarr, Siranil, and Zyrax respectively.

Personality: She is one who beleives in pokemon utterly so, and while she doesn't use pokeballs much, she will from time to time just to make it easier on her pokemon. She is one of the few that love pokemon and see the other factions as going about it incorrectly and mistreating pokemon who she belives should be free but free to choose their interactions with humans. While she will not go so far as to steal other people's pokemon away, she would only try to lead by example.

Bio:  She was one who was raised with pokemon. Her parents had died at the hands of 2 pokemon who were Of the Charizard breed that hated humans, but some other fire types, that didn't mind humans, stopped  the charizards from killing the young child with them.

Years had past, and on her 10th birthday she saw other humans like her, she even traveled with a couple and learned more of their ways and in turn told them of her own life. She had been raised with Forest pokemon, grass and ground types, as those were better suited for a human to live.  In a way she was like a pokemon herself, she had master a few basic abilities to defend herself like any pokemon might, but she knew she was human after her 10th birthday and since then she has traveled to understand all types, even the fire types, whom she forgave and even thanked for putting her into the situation where she could understand their view better than many others.

As she traveled one pokemon was always her constant companion, a Black Charizard by the name of Kavarr. He was the leader of the Charizards that had killed her parents, but the girl he took as his own when she had turned 8, fully telling her of what he'd done and claiming her as his from then on.

What do you guys think?

SammyGirl

Quote from: Karasu on September 20, 2011, 10:12:51 AM
    Character Name: Sarianna
    Kinks: She secretly gets aroused by pain (And OOCly I Just Love, Rape, Bondage, Force, Romance and SEduction, Fear's the biggest one there)
    Skills/Occupation: Pokemon communication (Through feelings and body language, she is able to "talk" to pokemon. She often communicates these through music, Her occupation is a wanderer, helping pokemon wherever she finds them in need. (For pokemon she has a kind fo aura of calm and peace.
    Her hair reaches to her ankles, a frothing mass of snow that adorns her head. Amber eyes are sweet and kind.
    Alliance: Society [she can be swayed like any human]

Pokemon Team: 3 that remain her constant companions, Her black Charizard master (of sorts), a Leafeon (F), and a Kirlia (M). Their names were Kavarr, Siranil, and Zyrax respectively.

Personality: She is one who beleives in pokemon utterly so, and while she doesn't use pokeballs much, she will from time to time just to make it easier on her pokemon. She is one of the few that love pokemon and see the other factions as going about it incorrectly and mistreating pokemon who she belives should be free but free to choose their interactions with humans. While she will not go so far as to steal other people's pokemon away, she would only try to lead by example.

Bio:  She was one who was raised with pokemon. Her parents had died at the hands of 2 pokemon who were Of the Charizard breed that hated humans, but some other fire types, that didn't mind humans, stopped  the charizards from killing the young child with them.

Years had past, and on her 10th birthday she saw other humans like her, she even traveled with a couple and learned more of their ways and in turn told them of her own life. She had been raised with Forest pokemon, grass and ground types, as those were better suited for a human to live.  In a way she was like a pokemon herself, she had master a few basic abilities to defend herself like any pokemon might, but she knew she was human after her 10th birthday and since then she has traveled to understand all types, even the fire types, whom she forgave and even thanked for putting her into the situation where she could understand their view better than many others.

As she traveled one pokemon was always her constant companion, a Black Charizard by the name of Kavarr. He was the leader of the Charizards that had killed her parents, but the girl he took as his own when she had turned 8, fully telling her of what he'd done and claiming her as his from then on.

What do you guys think?
    I like your character, and the description is well thought out. Plus we definitely needed a character on the side of the monsters, so she's a welcome addition. I'm sure I'll add some NPCs as I go to help fill that void, but I was definitely hoping for some player characters to be with society.

You're approved.

Angzyn

PM Sent...I want to get her 100% before posting. Right now her history is still a WIP.
    Adams and Eves
    Cravings:
    World of Warcraft
    Thundercats (2011)
    Legend of Zelda

Karasu

Kick ass, I wanted someone else to play the black charizard so if anyone wants to here's your invitation to play the bastard XD

Karasu

SammyGirl

@ Karasu: Perfect. You're welcome to post if you feel like it, either working with my first post or starting your own little sidestory. I'll be adding another post for Samuel soon, once I figure how I want to handle it.

@ Angzyn: Awesome, I read the application and messaged you back. So far it looks wonderful, and I really like how you covered her history, actually. Whenever you feel prepared, you're welcome to post the application. I think you'll be a great addition to the rp, and I can't wait to work with you, storywise.

Angzyn

Character Name: Mewtwo
    Species: Mewtwo
    Type:  Psychic
    Sexual Preference: Unknown
    Kinks: “What are these kinks you are talking about?” (OOCly, open to anything besides scat/death)
    Experience:
    Stats
    Ability: Pressure, Unnerve
    Special abilities: (Via Wiki)

Mewtwo is highly skilled with Psychic powers. She can levitate through use of telekinesis, speak telepathically, and take control of another living being's mind. (Will not be used via RP)  She has a powerful signature move, Psystrike, and she is also known for its powerful Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere. Mewtwo is also capable of wielding various types of attacks (but to a lesser extent than Mew). To exert her powerful psychic abilities, she will stay motionless for long periods of time in intense concentration to raise her capabilities to the maximum power.

Mewtwo can fight with a highly skilled combination of Psywaves and has been seen to use giant spoon for long range and close range battles, respectively.

Mewtwo also has the ability to telekinetically create a massive hurricane and the ability to constantly protect herself from harm inside a reflective sphere of psychic energy.

After Team Rockets experiments Mewtwo is now a creature with a humanoid posture, but has a few feline features. Mewtwo's body is grayish-pink with a dark pink underside and a long, purple tail. Mewtwo has three circular digits on each appendage. It has blue eyes (sometimes glowing blue when attacking) and two long ears.

Alliance: Unknown, Her loyalty seems to only lie with the few she cares for.

Personality: Cold, lonely, dangerous….all words that can describe the Legendary Genetic Pokémon. However, there is a side to her very few have ever seen. The loyalty, loving, caring side this Psychic Pokémon only every shows to the very few people she cares about.

Bio:

Mewtwo…

Pokémon unknown. No available data.

How funny that not only did the Pokédex not know who Pokémon is, neither did the Pokémon herself. Her memories wiped after Team Rocket was able to successful capture the rear monster in rare moment of weakness. Though, how the Pokémon entered such a weakened is unknown even to her now. 

However, a human that seemed to know about Team Rockets plan and the weakened was able to help free her. The two having to work together to escape the hidden laboratory thanks to lab being put on lockdown as soon as the escape plan was discovered. It was then the true reason for Mewtwo’s capture was revealed, and the nature of the experiments would soon forever be lost when the lab was destroyed in a final last ditch effort to escape.

A few years has passed since that moment…the Legendary Pokémon’s location still unknown save for the only human that befriended her. The only person alive that knows anything about Mewtwo’s lost past.
    Adams and Eves
    Cravings:
    World of Warcraft
    Thundercats (2011)
    Legend of Zelda

SammyGirl

Quote from: Angzyn on September 20, 2011, 12:08:55 PM
    Character Name: Mewtwo
    Species: Mewtwo
    Type:  Psychic
    Sexual Preference: Unknown
    Kinks: “What are these kinks you are talking about?” (OOCly, open to anything besides scat/death)
    Experience:
    Stats
    Ability: Pressure, Unnerve
    Special abilities: (Via Wiki)

Mewtwo is highly skilled with Psychic powers. She can levitate through use of telekinesis, speak telepathically, and take control of another living being's mind. (Will not be used via RP)  She has a powerful signature move, Psystrike, and she is also known for its powerful Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere. Mewtwo is also capable of wielding various types of attacks (but to a lesser extent than Mew). To exert her powerful psychic abilities, she will stay motionless for long periods of time in intense concentration to raise her capabilities to the maximum power.

Mewtwo can fight with a highly skilled combination of Psywaves and has been seen to use giant spoon for long range and close range battles, respectively.

Mewtwo also has the ability to telekinetically create a massive hurricane and the ability to constantly protect herself from harm inside a reflective sphere of psychic energy.

After Team Rockets experiments Mewtwo is now a creature with a humanoid posture, but has a few feline features. Mewtwo's body is grayish-pink with a dark pink underside and a long, purple tail. Mewtwo has three circular digits on each appendage. It has blue eyes (sometimes glowing blue when attacking) and two long ears.

Alliance: Unknown, Her loyalty seems to only lie with the few she cares for.

Personality: Cold, lonely, dangerous….all words that can describe the Legendary Genetic Pokémon. However, there is a side to her very few have ever seen. The loyalty, loving, caring side this Psychic Pokémon only every shows to the very few people she cares about.

Bio:

Mewtwo…

Pokémon unknown. No available data.

How funny that not only did the Pokédex not know who Pokémon is, neither did the Pokémon herself. Her memories wiped after Team Rocket was able to successful capture the rear monster in rare moment of weakness. Though, how the Pokémon entered such a weakened is unknown even to her now. 

However, a human that seemed to know about Team Rockets plan and the weakened was able to help free her. The two having to work together to escape the hidden laboratory thanks to lab being put on lockdown as soon as the escape plan was discovered. It was then the true reason for Mewtwo’s capture was revealed, and the nature of the experiments would soon forever be lost when the lab was destroyed in a final last ditch effort to escape.

A few years has passed since that moment…the Legendary Pokémon’s location still unknown save for the only human that befriended her. The only person alive that knows anything about Mewtwo’s lost past.
    Awesome! Approved. If you wish to enter the rp at Charity Oak's side, you may. Otherwise you can make up your location wherever you want. Note that mewtwo is technically free, even though she fights for professor oak sometimes, so she could be anywhere in the world.

She also may reside in the pokemon ranch that the professor owns, because it's like a massive nature preserve in the mountains north of cerulean.

Karasu

Miyu

mmm so you can make either a pokemon or a trainer?

Karasu

Miyu

I kinda need to see what the gm needs to decide if I wanna play

SammyGirl

@ Miyu: You can make multiple characters, ranging from human to pokemon to dark entity. Be sure to read the application forms so that you know how to register your character, because the form differs between humans and monsters.

Note that if your main character/s is/are human, you can still make monsters for them as members of their team.

If your main character/s is/are monsters, the means of communication that you have may be limited. Monsters can understand human speech, but are not capable of human speech themselves unless they are telepathic, able to manipulate auras (as in the case of lucario), or are so corrupt by darkness that the demon lord granted them the power of speech as a means of drawing them closer to humans so that he could get to them through the monster.

Generally speaking, monsters primarily communicate via body language and grunts, growls, snorts, roars, barks, meows, chirps, etc.

TheHangedOne

I really wanted to make a post in the ic thread, but wasn't fully sure what to do. Seems like the action is in Palette town, but it seemed like too much of a stretch to have my character bouncing around there right off the bat, given how I put him together. I hope the post works alright.
    Check out my poet tree!

SammyGirl

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 20, 2011, 09:55:09 PM
    I really wanted to make a post in the ic thread, but wasn't fully sure what to do. Seems like the action is in Palette town, but it seemed like too much of a stretch to have my character bouncing around there right off the bat, given how I put him together. I hope the post works alright.

It was wonderful x3
    I was quite inspired, and it actually goes along with some of the other ideas I had, so I made it work. We'll see how it goes from here.

Karasu

SammyGirl

Note to everyone: I'll be changing the rules about levels soon. Annd, I prefer if you ask your questions about registering in this thread rather than messaging me, if only to avoid spamming up my email inbox and so that everyone else can see the questions that were already asked.

I'm planning on putting the questions that I was asked via pm in the FAQ so that people can read them.

pendarious

sorry it's late...I fell asleep before I could submit this yestarday

Character Name: Renna
    Kinks:  she likes taking Anal, she has a bit of a foot fetish, she’ll do oral, and she’s fairly open minded and is willing try things though she’s quick to mention when she doesn’t like something.
    Skills/Occupation:  actress. Her skills include the use of a sword, hand to hand martial arts, cooking, sewing, forging and maintenance of swords,and knives, hunting, fishing, swimming, acting, and is able to communicate with pokemon (this takes time as she can only understand pokemon under her control)
    Alliance: society (borderline darkness)
    Pokemon Team:  Agron, Swampert, Mightyena, Milotic, Gardevoir, Flygon

Personality: she genuinely loves pokemon, she seems kind and gentle when it comes to her fans and  pokemon , In reality she is sly, cunning, somewhat sarcastic, can be manipulative when it works to her advantage, She is loyal to anyone she considers a friend.

Bio:
    Renna was born in the small town of Little Root in Hoenn. From the ages of 5-10 she spent her afternoons watching T.V. and playing with her parents pokemon. At 10 years old she started her pokemon journey. Her first pokemon was a mudkip. She spent many long hours capturing and training pokemon. In fact almost 3 months had passed before she got her first badge. While in Rustboro city she was playing with her pokemon and as it happened she was noticed by one of her favorite actors.  He invited her to join them for some practice of course she accepted and was accepted into their acting troupe.
    It was agreed that she would return to the troupe after she had collected all 8 of her badges. Once this was done she returned to the troupe to continue her acting career. While with this group she learned a variety of skills. She became quite popular but never let her fame get the better of her. She stars in a lot of movies and T.V. shows that revolve around pokemon and are generally of the fantasy genere.
    On her 18th birthday she decided to take a vacation to Kanto. Her first scheduled stop would be Vermillion city. The port town that was home to the thunder gym under the leadership of Lieutenant Serge. She planned to travel through the famous Diglettes cave up to Viridian City from there.

SammyGirl

Quote from: pendarious on September 22, 2011, 10:57:30 AM
    sorry it's late...I fell asleep before I could submit this yestarday

Character Name: Renna
    Kinks:  she likes taking Anal, she has a bit of a foot fetish, she’ll do oral, and she’s fairly open minded and is willing try things though she’s quick to mention when she doesn’t like something.
    Skills/Occupation:  actress. Her skills include the use of a sword, hand to hand martial arts, cooking, sewing, forging and maintenance of swords,and knives, hunting, fishing, swimming, acting, and is able to communicate with pokemon (this takes time as she can only understand pokemon under her control)
    Alliance: society (borderline darkness)
    Pokemon Team:  Agron, Swampert, Mightyena, Milotic, Gardevoir, Flygon

Personality: she genuinely loves pokemon, she seems kind and gentle when it comes to her fans and  pokemon , In reality she is sly, cunning, somewhat sarcastic, can be manipulative when it works to her advantage, She is loyal to anyone she considers a friend.

Bio:
    Renna was born in the small town of Little Root in Hoenn. From the ages of 5-10 she spent her afternoons watching T.V. and playing with her parents pokemon. At 10 years old she started her pokemon journey. Her first pokemon was a mudkip. She spent many long hours capturing and training pokemon. In fact almost 3 months had passed before she got her first badge. While in Rustboro city she was playing with her pokemon and as it happened she was noticed by one of her favorite actors.  He invited her to join them for some practice of course she accepted and was accepted into their acting troupe.
    It was agreed that she would return to the troupe after she had collected all 8 of her badges. Once this was done she returned to the troupe to continue her acting career. While with this group she learned a variety of skills. She became quite popular but never let her fame get the better of her. She stars in a lot of movies and T.V. shows that revolve around pokemon and are generally of the fantasy genere.
    On her 18th birthday she decided to take a vacation to Kanto. Her first scheduled stop would be Vermillion city. The port town that was home to the thunder gym under the leadership of Lieutenant Serge. She planned to travel through the famous Diglettes cave up to Viridian City from there.

Approved x3

I'm really excited by the unique story that you came up with for your character. Having an actress in the group will add a splash of color and variety, and a brand new twist on things. I'm sure everyone will love her.

pendarious

lol Thanks. I try to make characters interesting.

Karasu

Oh that's ntohign Check this cute little guy out!

Character Name: Zeema
    Species: Zorua (shiny)
    Type: Dark
    Sexual Preference: He's a curious little guy so anything goes.
    Kinks: Same as my human girly.
    Experience: Little
    Ability: illusion

Alliance: He doesn/'t really have an alliance, but he isn't too friendly with most people since the dissapearence of his Meema.

Personality: Prankster, Curious. This master of Illusions will gladly play pranks on anyone and anything he can. By doing this of course he lands himself usually in all kinds of trouble, but always Meema was there to bail him out, now with Meema missing Zeema is more lonely than anything.

Bio: Meema and Zeema, a Zoroark and Zorua. Inseperable masters of illusion.

Zeema was a little prankster, always had been, when he had hatched from his egg, the Zorua found himself alone, wandering around until he met Meema when he tried to steal her food for his own. The Zoroark took pity on the baby and actually took him for her own, raising the youngling until she vanished when he reached level 20.

After her dissapearence the Zorua took off on his own, setting ou to find his Meema, and hurt the ones that did it, or utterly destroy them. While he has little experience with humans, one look can have him somewhat mimicking the other. The onyl way to tell is if one is able to find his tail which is always seen or hidden beneath clothing when he becomes a human. As a pokemon this is not so but if one pulls hsi tail he tends to revert to normal form or if he is hit just once.

SammyGirl

Quote from: Karasu on September 22, 2011, 12:44:09 PM
    Oh that's ntohign Check this cute little guy out!

Character Name: Zeema
    Species: Zorua (shiny)
    Type: Dark
    Sexual Preference: He's a curious little guy so anything goes.
    Kinks: Same as my human girly.
    Experience: Little
    Ability: illusion

Alliance: He doesn/'t really have an alliance, but he isn't too friendly with most people since the dissapearence of his Meema.

Personality: Prankster, Curious. This master of Illusions will gladly play pranks on anyone and anything he can. By doing this of course he lands himself usually in all kinds of trouble, but always Meema was there to bail him out, now with Meema missing Zeema is more lonely than anything.

Bio: Meema and Zeema, a Zoroark and Zorua. Inseperable masters of illusion.

Zeema was a little prankster, always had been, when he had hatched from his egg, the Zorua found himself alone, wandering around until he met Meema when he tried to steal her food for his own. The Zoroark took pity on the baby and actually took him for her own, raising the youngling until she vanished when he reached level 20.

After her dissapearence the Zorua took off on his own, setting ou to find his Meema, and hurt the ones that did it, or utterly destroy them. While he has little experience with humans, one look can have him somewhat mimicking the other. The onyl way to tell is if one is able to find his tail which is always seen or hidden beneath clothing when he becomes a human. As a pokemon this is not so but if one pulls hsi tail he tends to revert to normal form or if he is hit just once.

Approved

SammyGirl

Okay all, I made some updates. I'm listing them below so that everyone can be aware of what was done and where to find the changes:

1. Added a short list to the front page of this thread, seeking applicants to play as Gary Oak and/or Lance the Dragon Master.

2. Added a question and answer to the FAQ on this thread.

3. Changed the rules regarding levels for the RP. To summarize them: People will determine their monster's strength freely, based only on the experiences their monster has. In the battle client, all levels will be set to 100 so that the competition lies in strategy alone.

Karasu

SammyGirl

Alright, cool. I can't do anything with him just yet, but I'm sure you'll be able to get him somewhere where he needs to be. His opening post is good.

Angzyn

Hey Sammy, just a heads up I don't really post on weekends. So feel free to kind of move Mewtwo around as you see fit to keep the RP going. (Weekends=Family Time)
    Adams and Eves
    Cravings:
    World of Warcraft
    Thundercats (2011)
    Legend of Zelda

SammyGirl

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be moving Charity and Mewtwo to the next day.

SammyGirl

Unfortunately, TheHangedMan has decided to quit the RP. I'm disappointed that he quit it immediately without getting to a place where his character could simply walk out, because now it's my responsibility to somehow remove or dispose of his character. I want to take this opportunity to remind you all that if you do need to quit, I understand, but please inform me ahead of time and please, please PLEASE get your character to a place where we can move on from them.

Don't leave us hanging in the middle of a conversation or a plot. I'm sorry but that's just rude.

I understand that extenuating circumstances in RL do require people to quit RPing, and that is not at all what I have a problem with.

My problem is when people drop an RP like a hot potato, leaving their characters in permanent limbo and all characters that they were interacting with in the same position. If you have to leave, I ask again, PLEASE get your character to a point in the plot where they are not interacting with another character. Have them recieve some sort of emergency phone call and they have to leave. Have them walk away never to return, have them die even. But don't abandon the rp without finalizing your character's disappearance.

Thank you.

Karasu

pendarious

Crythan

I know its a bit late but I was wondering if the spot to play Lance was still open? If not, I can play an original character. I haven't done a pokemon role play before but I have broad knowledge on the subject  ;D.

SammyGirl

Quote from: Crythan on October 04, 2011, 04:25:30 PM
    I know its a bit late but I was wondering if the spot to play Lance was still open? If not, I can play an original character. I haven't done a pokemon role play before but I have broad knowledge on the subject  ;D.

Lance is absolutely available. I'm PMing you to discuss the details of the character x3

Angzyn

Adams and Eves
    Cravings:
    World of Warcraft
    Thundercats (2011)
    Legend of Zelda

SammyGirl

Congratz!

And by the way everyone, I am still planning on making that rp music playlist, but for the moment I want to invite all of you who have already made characters or who are planning to make new characters to give any of your characters a theme song that may be added to the list when it goes up. If you come up with a theme song, post it and a youtube link here for me.

Karasu

poke poke. Sammmy.. I got nothing to really reply to. Also Angzyn you gonan psot at all?

SammyGirl

This really isn't the thread to poke people in. Try the ooc thread that i put up for the rp. This one is mainly for questions about character design and for registering. As well as for me to add little things here and there.

Also, if you want people to reply, you need to be sure to give them something to work with. Your posts are really short and don't contain much information. A lot pf people might not know what to do in response. Just some friendly advice.

Karasu

sorries Sammy, I think it's because i ahvent been feeling my best  lately ><

Savant of the Wastes

Hey there, I really like the effort you've put into writing up a backstory for this RP. It all really sounds very interesting. If you've still got room for one more in here, I'd really like to join.

Could you tell me if there is any sort of character you still need? I have no problem writing up an OC character, or, if the first post is still accurate., playing as Gary Oak. I've got ideas either way, and have interesting play ideas either way.

Karasu

For the record, I'm looking for a trainer for my Zorua, Zeema, to give him someone to take his mind off Meema, his missing elder sibling.

Savant of the Wastes

That sounds like it'll be fun. You want this trainer to capture him? I wouldn't mind dreaming up an original character for that.

Karasu

he is a wild pokemon right now XD So yes a trainer can capture him ^^

SammyGirl

Welcome, Savant!

I'm sorry that I've been a bit slow to respond. It's been crazy for me, as I have homework and a big precal test this weekend. ANYWAYS We're glad to have you!!! There's always room for one more, and you're welcome to be whoever you like. First post is indeed accurate, and I'd be delighted to hand Gary Oak over to you if you would be at all interested in taking him. I've been playing him for the moment, just because he's an important character in the story, but I never meant for him to be my character, so I'd be happy to let you take over.

I'll get you up to date on anything you need to know, and if you have questions you can ask me. You're also welcome to be multiple characters, if you wanted to be Zeema's trainer and Gary. Or you could have Gary become Zeema's trainer, as at the moment they are in the same location XD

Karasu

Savant of the Wastes

It sounds good to me too. I'll be taking up the mantle of Gary Oak. I'll have my first up by tomorrow! I'm looking forward to this.

SammyGirl

Wonderful! I'll be looking for your posts. As of right now, I have removed Gary from the seeking list and your name is listed as his player. I look forward to playing with you, and remember, if you have any questions at all, I'm more than willing to answer them for you.

Savant of the Wastes

Character Name: Gary Oak
    Kinks: Adventurous, he's perfectly willing to try everything at least once.
    Skills/Occupation: Talented pokemon trainer and researcher, currently a Kanto Gym Leader and an independent researcher in his spare time.
    Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Alliance: Society, Slight personal dislike towards the Incarnus.

Pokemon Team: Gary possesses a large collection of pokemon thanks to years of dedicated, but his go-to team generally consists of: Blastoise, Arcanine, Umbreon, Electvire, Glaceon, Golem.

Personality/Bio: As he grew older, and took on more and more responsibilities, Gary eventually abandoned most of the arrogance and smugness of his youth. He still remains a bit of a smartass, especially around the people he feels most comfortable around, especially his family. In any case, despite his cocksure attitude at times, he certainly isn't mean spirited.

He takes his duties as a Gym Leader very seriously, and becomes very mature and self-possessed during his official functions as such. He rarely goes all-out against challengers to his gym, testing them, rather than trying to beat them down.

Though he may not admit it to anyone else, he feels jealous of Charity for taking his place as Professor Oak's successor, and bitter that his grandfather chose her over him for that position. He keeps most of his current research to himself, working alone, and keeping everything to himself until it's released, afraid of being overshadowed. He feels a definite rift between him and Samuel, and works nearly as hard to avoid the old man as he feels the professor works to ignore him.

Karasu

Don't forget Savant, Gary's got a Zorua now XD

SammyGirl

Quote from: Savant of the Wastes on October 24, 2011, 08:16:52 PM
    Character Name: Gary Oak
    Kinks: Adventurous, he's perfectly willing to try everything at least once.
    Skills/Occupation: Talented pokemon trainer and researcher, currently a Kanto Gym Leader and an independent researcher in his spare time.
    Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Alliance: Society, Slight personal dislike towards the Incarnus.

Pokemon Team: Gary possesses a large collection of pokemon thanks to years of dedicated, but his go-to team generally consists of: Blastoise, Arcanine, Umbreon, Electvire, Glaceon, Golem.

Personality/Bio: As he grew older, and took on more and more responsibilities, Gary eventually abandoned most of the arrogance and smugness of his youth. He still remains a bit of a smartass, especially around the people he feels most comfortable around, especially his family. In any case, despite his cocksure attitude at times, he certainly isn't mean spirited.

He takes his duties as a Gym Leader very seriously, and becomes very mature and self-possessed during his official functions as such. He rarely goes all-out against challengers to his gym, testing them, rather than trying to beat them down.

Though he may not admit it to anyone else, he feels jealous of Charity for taking his place as Professor Oak's successor, and bitter that his grandfather chose her over him for that position. He keeps most of his current research to himself, working alone, and keeping everything to himself until it's released, afraid of being overshadowed. He feels a definite rift between him and Samuel, and works nearly as hard to avoid the old man as he feels the professor works to ignore him.

Approved, naturally. I made sure to put a link to your post in the approved character's section. In the meantime, if you feel like it, you can create Gary's team in the battle simulator. Maybe Our charries can do battle x3

Savant of the Wastes

Quote from: Karasu on October 24, 2011, 09:19:43 PM
    Don't forget Savant, Gary's got a Zorua now XD

How could I forget? If he can manage it, having someone around who can make illusions is going to be very funny. For now, I'm thinking of him as an unofficial seventh pokemon, one that won't fight. He hasn't even been technically captured yet.

Karasu

ya but he's lettign you do so XD so just lemem know and ya he's not that good in a fight (Zorua aren't, even int he games they arent that good)

Savant of the Wastes

You want to answer here, Karasu? Or should we just fastforward things a bit, and get to the hospital already?

Karasu

SammyGirl

It would probably be best for the story to move it on to the hospital

SammyGirl

Update on what's going on, recruitment wise:

Now that we have a character base established, I am now seeking a few new people to play a couple of choice rolls which will be critical to the story as it advances. I will give people who are interested the details of their character of interest over pm after they claim their spot here.

I need:

Dragonmaster Lance
    Ash Ketchum
    Kamon (aka Silver)
    and at least one oc who will work with legendary pokemon arceus, dialga, and palkia.
    I also need an oc who will be a monster/human creature of sorts to work with another of my characters

Karasu

my character could be taken with the legendaries if you like Sammy, basically she's a monster/human XD

pendarious

if no one else joins soon I'll create another character if you need me to

SammyGirl

Karasu: thanks, but she's already got a position in the story.

pendarious: i'll give it some time, but you're always welcome to more characters

Karasu

SammyGirl

Updated the front page with information about the characters we're still looking for.

I would also like to say that if anyone would like to try out, I strongly prefer that they post their questions and whatnot here, unless i send them a pm requesting otherwise.

SammyGirl

Okay! As promised, I've posted the playlist for this rp, for anyone who likes music to write by or needs it for inspiration. The playlist is dynamic, and is intended to grow. I'm going to allow people to give their characters theme songs, and I'll add those. I'll also add music for events and special battles, as needed.

Let me know if you have any requests or suggestions.

PS: The playlist is on the front page, third post down.

pendarious

Character Name: Blane
    Kinks:  He's into younger woman and doesn't care too much about age as long as it's 16 or older. Has a thing for being called uncle too.
    Skills/Occupation: Scientist/Gym Leader. Technological device construction, use, and developement. Pokemon battles , cooking, and Understanding Pokemon
    Alliance: society
    Pokemon Team:  Arcanine, Rapidash, Magmar, Weezing, Muck, Kabutops

Personality:A Sturdy Professor who can be kind or stern depending on what the situation calls for, he's fairly relaxed most of the time but is serious about his work.  He will also help people he believes are good and in need of it.

Bio: The cinnabar Gym Leader and formerly Head Researcher for Team Rocket. However after the Mewtwo fiasco he realized that what he was doing was wrong and he left Team Rocket. It is with a heavy heart that he continues his research and he tries to do everything in his power to oppose The criminal organization that he'd formerly worked for as a manner to atone for his sins.
    He is easily fascinated by new things to research but his ultimate goal is to atone for the years of atrocities he'd comitted working for Giovanni.

SammyGirl

approved. i already put your new character on the accepted list. Would you like a theme for blane?

Karasu

SammyGirl

Character Name: Gretel "GeeEm" Dealer
    Kinks: Likes to inflict and receive pain. Enjoys watching monsters fight to the death in exceptionally bloody battles.
    Skills/Occupation: The current CELLmaster. She is highly trained in martial arts and the use of various types of weaponry. She also has a number of survival skills.

Alliance: CELL

Pokemon Team: None. Prefers weapons to monsters and has been known to blow the heads off of trainers' pets if they get in her way.

Personality: Harsh and somewhat cold, GeeEm isn't one to offer much sympathy for anyone. She's very self-centered and isn't ashamed of that, and she has a violent streak that has landed her in trouble in the past. Not gentle by any stretch of the imagination, when she behaves in a kind manner or acts seductively, its most certainly to get something that she wants. Despite her viciousness, she knows how to use her body and feminine charms to get people to cooperate.

Bio:
    After the fall of the CELL organization with the original CELLmaster's death, the few remaining members dispersed through the islands of the Green Bays and lived normal lives for a time. That is, until all life on the islands faded away. Blaming monsters and the incarnus for the disaster, the members of CELL regathered. GeeEm was swept up in their fight at an early age, and--because of her history of life in the hostile Infern Isle, the girl became a powerful advocate for the group. Eventually, she became the new CELLmaster, and she takes her position very seriously.

pendarious

as soon as I can find some music i think would fit Blane and Renna I'll let ya know sammy

Karasu

someone do let me know what it is I can really do with Zeema and Sarianna because my mind's like *Derp -blank*

SammyGirl

Added a theme for CELL. Check it out, I think you guys will like it.

Karasu: I can't tell you what to do with your character. that's up to you. Part of RPing is developing your own character and your own story. I don't mind offering advice now and then, but making frequent decisions about what should be done with a character that isn't mine only tells me it's good that you're in a position where you dO need to decide what to do. You need more practice, if it's hard for you.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll think of something. Micah's there afterall, so at least your character isn't alone. it's much much harder to make things happen when you're playing by yourself and don't have another character around.

Karasu

ya.. i'm just trying to think of what on earth Zeema would do there, naturalyl he had followed gary to pewter city, but sicne hes tied up at the moment with his wife (and im sure he isn't invited to watch or participate) I'm having trouble figuring out what it is he could really do..

With Sarianna ya that's alright because I'm making up something for her right now.

Savant of the Wastes

It could be that Zeema got bored, wandered off, and followed the second group to the museum? He could probably cause some mischief for CELL.

Karasu

SammyGirl

Edited the front application page, one post down from the first post, to include details about alliances. Also added CELL and their description as an alliance.

SammyGirl

I'm considering making the Dragon Clan a separate alliance, obviously with Lance as the head, but I would like some input on the idea. If anyone happens to be interested in Lance, I would like their opinion too. I've always sort of lumped the dragon clan in with "society" alliance wise, but they sort of have their own interests and their own beliefs. I sort of have a backstory for them too, if anyone is interested in having me add that to the front page. It's a bit extensive, but it could come out to be very cool, especially for people who like dragons XD

Also, I know that we're seeking a character to play Ash, but I felt the need to iterate that Ash is not a critically important character, and we can always use an OC in his place if necessary. We do need Lance though.