News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

So now that TOR is FTP...

Started by Braioch, November 15, 2012, 08:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braioch

Or even if you've been playing it and still have a membership....

Is anyone going to be playing?

I'm patching it up at the moment, had a chance to play it on a friends account months ago and didn't invest too much into the character, as I didn't want to pour all that effort into a character I would never be able to use once I got my own account. So once the initial patches are done, I'm going to start playing and wondering if anyone else is going to, or will continue to play.
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

TheGlyphstone

There are apparently new space missions, I might wander in just to see the new content before I bail again.

Chris Brady

Still paying cuz I still love this game.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Silverfyre

I am still playing it at the moment as a subscriber but plan on going F2P eventually since I only play it casually.  I'm over on Ebon Hawk, pretending I know how to roleplay between grinding out levels.  I still enjoy the game.

TheGlyphstone

Patch 1.5 notes:

More robes have been adjusted so that their backsides are not inappropriately large when worn.

Best bug fix ever, or worst bug fix ever?

Silverfyre

I will miss my Big Force Booty Jedi robes on my Twi-lek.

Moraline

Ebon Hawk seems to be where all the role players went to. Did they merge that other big RP server into Ebon Hawk? (sorry I can't even remember the server I was on anymore)

Maybe I'll restart up my Journal and play some more.

Story - Asha'ara - Erotic Sexual Life of a Twi'lek Girl (Some entries may contain NC-H or Ex)
A Star Wars: The Old Republic series of journal entries by a young Twi'lek girl trying to make her way in the galaxy as she gets caught up in misadventures and sexual predicaments.  It contains a good deal of graphic sexual content and a number of adult images.

Silverfyre

They did merge most of the "super RP servers" into Ebon Hawk, yes.  And thank you for the reading material; this looks fantastic.

Oniya

Did anyone else think this was going to be about digital downloads from a major publishing house?

Or does remembering that FTP = File Transfer Protocol make me Tor's target audience?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Arohk

I'm iffy about going on free-to-play because they treat you like you have leprosy. ._.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Arohk on November 16, 2012, 04:20:09 PM
I'm iffy about going on free-to-play because they treat you like you have leprosy. ._.

It's a little better if you've ever been a subscriber or ever bought something from their shop. Then you're just treated like you have herpes.

Aiden

I got a email that my account was awarded cartel tokens, I might install it and play out some republic story lines.

I was sith the first run through (duh)

Shjade

Quote from: Oniya on November 16, 2012, 12:20:18 PM
Did anyone else think this was going to be about digital downloads from a major publishing house?

Or does remembering that FTP = File Transfer Protocol make me Tor's target audience?

I did not think this, no, but only because I'm familiar enough with the game and the practice to know what was intended. I was only introduced to FTP, the protocol, about five months ago, actually, when it was part of a new job. I think it may have hurt my geek cred to not already know about it. :|
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Kazyth

Eh.  I enjoyed TOR for a while, got my Sorcerer up to the level cap, and then just... lost interest.  The RP was alright, but end level content was pretty much all PvP it seemed.  And despite other people, it always felt like such a single player game to me.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Braioch

I'll probably subscribe and do the premium thing for a little while, try for a month at a time and see how I like it. Gonna try both Sith and Republic side.
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Chris Brady

I love my BH too much to abandon him.  Not sure why, I mean, yeah there is very little to do End Game (so far, I mean, it's not been an entire year yet, WoW had rather boring End Game too for two years before it got the bright idea of Dailies), but I love my two gun dood.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kazyth

*chuckles*  I'll admit, In-game RP was the only thing that really kept my interest, especially once I'd finished the story mode aspect of it.  Once you've done all the companion side quests and finished the story, that's about it it seems.  At least it was for me.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Arohk

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 16, 2012, 04:23:57 PM
It's a little better if you've ever been a subscriber or ever bought something from their shop. Then you're just treated like you have herpes.

That's reassuring! XD

I have an account but I am still on the fence about using it. I have plenty else to play and it just doesn't seem worth it. They could have given a little more options to F2P people. At least the bank. I would be more inclined to join in if I was assured bag space. God knows I know all about bag space in MMOs. :P No bank space = no fun.

SinXAzgard21

The game was fun till I hit level cap and played hutt ball all the time.  I am not going back to it even though it is f2p.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Moraline

Does anyone have a list of the FtP restrictions or a link to the list (or comparison chart?)

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Moraline on November 18, 2012, 03:38:57 PM
Does anyone have a list of the FtP restrictions or a link to the list (or comparison chart?)

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Moraline

I'm confused about preferred status. What exactly is it? It says to make any purchase of 4.99.  Does that mean if I've ever made any purchase or do you have to make a monthly purchase? How does that work?

My status: I'm currently an owner of the game(bought it new) and I played it for several months previously.

*Edit*

I found it.

QuoteHow do I become a Preferred Status Player?

Preferred Status is a great way to unlock additional game features. Upgrade to Preferred Status by purchasing anything from our store (www.swtor.com/buy). A player who has purchased the game or is a Former Subscriber is automatically granted Preferred Status. The purchase of a Cartel Coin Card at participating retailers will also upgrade a Free-to-Play player to Preferred Status. 

Players with Preferred Status accounts will receive the following benefits:

Can send in-game mail, including 1 (one) attachment.
    Can trade securely with other players from Level ten (10) onwards
    Can use the /who list and display their Legacy name
    First Cargo Hold bay available for free (an 80 item Player Bank)
    Sprint available from Level 1
    Lower Repair costs
    Lower Respecialization (Respec) costs
    Five (5) simultaneous listings on the Galactic Trade Network (GTN)
    Raised currency limits (Credits and Commendations)
    Increased allowance for chat message frequencies in Public Chat channels
    One (1) additional active Crew Skill Slot (for a total of 2)
    Increased server queue priority

Zeruiah

Of all the MMORG's I've played, SWTOR was fun for a very short amount of time for me. The RPG part of the game was good until I got to the end of my class quest and couldn't finish it without corpse running cuz it was bugged so bad. The end game sucked for sure and the PVP was fun for awhile. I may have been to used to RIFT and WoW but eh, I only stayed around for about a month after hitting endgame, mostly doing PVP, on RIFT I leveled 3 characters to the level cap, did mostly PVP and left. Tried it again later and lost due to not finding any real interaction. WoW I played for years... eventually migrated over to the most well known adult sex server if you'd even call it adult... but that was fun for awhile again just for the RP and some PVP here and there. As far as TOR goes though, I wouldn't go back even though it's FTP. It felt like a single player game other then the PVP.
The pulse-pounding excitement of our virtual world is but a keystroke away.

Braioch

Trying Secret World actually at the moment, not too shabby

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Silverfyre