Airships and Antiquities: Game Thread - Crew Wins

Started by Trieste, October 20, 2012, 07:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Bigglesworth

Looking down from the crows nest, Mr. B. called out" I too can vouch for ThatRPGuy - it is Sunshine that always seems to be lurking suspiciously about."

Remiel

"I'm not sure what Ryven was playing at, voting for Falanor when everyone else voted for James Moriarty," said Remiel, thoughtfully.  "Clearly James wanted to sacrifice himself, but the question is--why?  To draw attention away from his cohorts?"  He mused on that, chewing on his lip. "Well, the fact remains that SunshineSparkle voted the way James did, when they both voted for Analise.  Clearly, she was in league with him."

Mithlomwen

After giving it a bit of thought, Mith changed her vote.  It did seem that SunshineSparkle might be hiding something. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Val sighed, shaking her head now and then as she listened to the votes.  "Ryven, I haven't made up my mind about you yet, but one thing's for sure -- if you're not a mutineer, then you need a vacation."  Everyone was uncertain right now, and no wonder, but Ryven was acting especially oddly, and not making much sense.

Like Remiel, she thought out loud for a moment, trying to sort through her thoughts.  "Kendra was quick to vote against both Beguile's and Moriarty.  And then Sunshine was the first to vote against Analise... an honest mistake, she says, which might be true.  Heaven knows we've little we can be sure of these days.  But very suspicious, just the same.  No, she might be guilty."

Then she spoke up more loudly, having made up her mind.  "But what about Kazyth?  I'm only a crew member, all I can do is look at the votes, but I don't think I trust him.  A lot of you are vouching for ThatRPGuy, even though he voted to lynch Analise at first.  He was fooled by the rumors, he said, and I've got no reason to doubt that.  But I'd like to know who fooled him, and I think it might be Kazyth.  He was pretty quick to defend Beguile's.  Maybe he was telling tales about poor Analise, too."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

Votes so far:
Luna - 1
ThatRPGuy - 1
Kazyth - 1
Kendra - 3
SunshineSparkle - 5

Yet to vote:
Kazyth, Starlequin, Sarena, Niferbelle, Falanor, Moirae

Niferbelle

"No, I don't think it's Sunshine Sparkle," Niferbelle said with a slight shake of her head as she glanced about at those who had made that particular accusation. There was no accusation in eyes she was simply going with her own gut. "I think maybe it's Kendra."

Autumn Sativus

"I'm pretty sure both Sunshine and Kendra have had a hand in this." Saffron mumbled. "But either way, it's one less to worry about."
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Sarena

At this rate, by the time we get where we're going, we won't have any crew left.  Sarena eyed the crew with a weary heart.  Maybe the rumors of the curse were true.  Maybe her first and last act as Captain should have been to turn the ship around and go back.  She shook her head, "I'm sorry, Kendra, but you're lookin' more and more guilty every day."
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Kazyth

"More deaths, more blame, and closer still we get to not having enough folks to actually make this voyage," he grumbled softly to himself as he dangled above in the rigging, working on patching a small tear in one of the starboard stabilizing fins.  "It's bad enough that I have to be up here doing still more work because people keep vanishing or being thrown overboard, but I have to be accused of having a hand in it, too?"

A soft sigh and a shake of his head were all that he offered for the moment, as he clutched a larged curved needle and thread, closing the rent in the material as best he could.  "Well, it'll hold for now at least.  And there seems to be a whole lot of folks who think that Kendra is a bit of evil, though she seems a harmless enough thing to me.  Still, what do I know?  The mob has spoken."
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Falanor

Falanor listened to the crew and passengers jaw at each other about who they thought was guilty and not.  The arguments some threw up in defense of others seemed flimsy enough that a strong breath would tear them to shreds.  "If you askin' me the likeliest culprit would be SunshineSparkle needs go answer for her vote..."

Starlequin

The roar of engines drowned Star's thoughts out, replaced them with an uncaring sort of oily litany and left him able to sink into the work's rhythm. Turn the wrench. Loosen the wrench. Tighten the wrench. Turn the wrench. The Ida's vibin' shook bolts loose from the damndest of tight spots, and somebody with less meat on their fists oughtve been down there replacing them. But no one else seemed to give a shit, busy with hunting murderers and all. Not a task what didnt need doin, but certain not the only one aboard. So they could leave this to him; at least down in the hold he wouldnt feel so much blood on his hands this time when they decided to keel-haul Kendra, or SunshineSparkle.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

desert ashes

Managing to look up from the barrel she lay mostly slumped next to, Moirae gazed over Kendra, then Sunshine.  "My suspicions lay with Sunshine, as well."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Trieste

Last call for vote changes - will be moving things along once I get to my laptop.

Trieste

With the final votes in, it was SunshineSparkle who would end up going overboard. A search of her berth revealed nothing, revealing her as a simple crew member.

Night roles, you know what to do.

Trieste

The crew wakes to find Mr. Bigglesworth missing. Nothing in his berth - another crew member. Who will pay for this?

Players

• Saffron
  • Kazyth
  • Starlequin
  • Ryven
  • Mithlomwen
  • Luna
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Sarena
  • Remiel
  • Niferbelle
  • Kendra
  • Valerian
  • Falanor
  • Moirae
  • The Last Standing

Roles (For an outline of what the roles mean, please see this post)

• Crew Members - 7/8
  • Mutineers - 3/4
  • Chirurgeon
  • Chemist
  • Simulacrum
  • Greenhorn

Kendra

Her mouth could not have fallen open any more than it did at being accused by so many, but she maybe should have spoken up for Sunshine when the votes were going against her too. Now another had gone missing and she knew full well that the finger would be all too swiftly pointed in her direction. Pressing the bridge of her nose tight she glanced at the crew present.

"I know wha' you're all gonna say befor'n ya say anythin' a' all but let me ask ya this. Where are all these missin' crew goin' and why is our food suddenly gettin' better tastin'? It's not like the cooks have gotten any better. I still think ThatRpGuy has something to hide, in fact I think all the cooks do but that's just me."

Autumn Sativus

"I believe it is you, Kendra who has something to hide."
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Valerian

Of course someone in the sort of fix Kendra was in would say anything, absolutely anything, to try and divert suspicion.  Even so, Val turned a little pale at the accusation, trying not to think too much about the little bit of breakfast that she'd been able to eat that morning.  Not that she thought anyone would actually do such a thing, even the worst, most ruthless sort of mutineer, but even so...

Taking a deep breath to steady herself, she looked at Kendra, a little sadly.  "It wasn't all her fault," she said, quietly.  "She voted against Beguile's at the start, and I think that's what gave that rotten pirate the idea to turn Kendra against us.  But she told too many tales and gave herself away.  That's what always happens to mutineers," she added, giving Kazyth a wary glance.  Kendra had to have allies left, after all.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

"Perhaps," Moirae began, sipping from her flask.  She hadn't appeared to have moved from the previous spot next to the barrel, slumped.  "Kendra's been suspicious, but ThatRPGuy was consorting with James."  Stated, she propped her head against the ship and closed her eyes.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Mithlomwen

"Me thinks Kendra has something to do with this."  Mith nodded, agreeing with those that had already voted for her.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Ryven

"You're exactly right, Kendra, I do have something I hid.  I hid the fact that I saved Mr. B from your treacherous deeds once, but I could not save him a second time.  I will regret that for the rest of my life, but I take solace in the fact that throwing you overboard just might make things better, you traitorous scum!" Ryven said.

Teo Torriatte

Luna shook her head, she has had her own suspicions about Kendra, and since other people are taking a look at her now, as well, she figures that the other woman is worth another look. She didn't like this whole throwing overboard business, and it was getting frustrating that it mostly seemed to be innocents they were tossing over, but sooner or later they would have to find more evidence of wrong doing... at least one would hope so...

She shook her head derisively, this certainly isn't how her father would have handled things.

Starlequin

Steps hunched in his bunk, ratcheting gears squeaking under the spanner's grip. Let it go too long, like a damn fool; leg was about to wind itself loose and fall apart like a ruddy cheap watch. Hell with the duties. Wouldn't be any use to the Ida 'r anyone on 'er if'n he fell apart haulin' tack below decks.

Not that he were any use to 'em now. Couldn't even count the number of innocent crewmates they'd floated overboard by now; felt like a blightin' pirate could take lessons from them on how to thin a pack. Aye, and there were a thought. Maybe the Ida were naught but a trainin' route, aimed to teach would-be scoundrels the finer points of chaos and mayhem. Almost mad enough to land a smile on Le Quin's grim mug.

Chatter sounded through the hallways. Another one vanished. Another one about to join the gulls. Star still had no interest in sharing his thoughts with the others. They didnt need him, anyway; they were already no doubt set on feeding Kendra to the waves, and him jawin' up about things wouldn't help anyone either way. Just wind the leg.

*grind*
*grind*
*grind*
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Kendra

Kendra became more exasperated by the second, her life was on the line here and it sure felt as if they were drawing lots on her innocence.
"That's it? Sure I may as well toss me self over. Are you all gone insane here? How many have you all sent to their deaths already ... rethink your decisions I beg ya all. More innocent blood will be shed or ... thrown over. Look to the kitchens will ye!?!"

She couldn't very well run for it, there was no where for her to go and it sure was looking like this would be the last journey she'd ever take. Sending up a silent prayer to the first Cap'in of the ship to come to her rescue was about the only chance left to her and she had never held much store in prayer.

Remiel

Remiel wasn't so sure.  For some reason, he had a suspicion that Kendra was innocent of the foul deeds which had transpired.  He couldn't put his finger on it, but she simply didn't seem like the type to stab her fellow sailors in the back. 

Still, he'd been so sure about SunshineSparkle, and he'd turned out to be wrong.  He had to accept the fact that perhaps, just perhaps, he really didn't know what was going on.   Well, hopefully, someone did.

"Kendra, I'm sorry," he said.  "You seem like a fine lass to me.  But everyone else seems to be sure about you, so I suppose I'll have to side with the majority."