Harry Potter (book era or close, Hogwarts)

Started by Cynadea, April 18, 2015, 12:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

What I'm looking for:
I've had a character without a home for ages that I wish to play. Meet Margaret Goyle, she is in her last year at Hogwarts. As her name lead everyone to think, she is indeed part of a family suspected/known to be Deatheater, traditionally Slytherin and dumb as f... Maggie is an outcast, a black sheep. The hat sorted her in Gryffindor, and even though she never shone as brightly as Hermione, Ron and Harry, she has been a steady point-winner for the house but in spite of that, she's still regarded with suspicion, because of her name.

I want her to try to fit in, to make friends and boyfriend within Gryffindor.

I could probably do Marauder Era, but I'd prefer book time or soon after Voldemort is gone.

Dealbreakers:

• If you are going to be a Nazi about book accuracy, I'm probably not your player.
  • I do not enjoy playing in a game that is overrun by Lords playing lesbians. I don't mind cross-gender, I have no prejudice against any orientation, but the game must have straight males for me to interact with.
  • I would join a game that has just started if the GM proves to be someone I know or appears to be dedicated and serious.
  • Must require a good size post, no one-liners.
  • Must be active. I post several times a day, I'd like a game that has at least 3-4 new posts a day (not necessarily to me).
  • I prefer the freeform, sandbox type, where player come up with their own plot.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

vatovie

I might run this but we would have to talk ideas and design of character sheets. Also the fast posting speed will not happen, trust me. I personally post quickly but you can't expect that no slow poster will join. You also can't expect that no one will slow down if real life gets in the way. Bottom line is a required posting speed isn't feasible until you get to full large group status and even then it's iffy at best. So, unless you wanna deal with slow downs at the start and the story dragging before we get enough people for it to pick up, don't start a new one. If you are okay with that then I will gladly run that but I can't in good faith run a game that would have posting standards as far as the amount of posts per day. That excludes far too many people who might have some good stories to tell in that world.

Cynadea

Check your PM.

Edit: Still looking.

Cynadea

Red Offerings

Margaret Goyle! Were you on GaiaOnline?? If so, I think we've played in HP role play before. I have been thinking I'd love to participate in an HP role play. I had one running on here but it was next-gen with the offspring as college age.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Cynadea

I was never on Gaia Online. I played that character a while ago on a forum that was Harry Potter era only, but it crashed and burned with drama before I could get anywhere.

Red Offerings

Quote from: Aysande on July 26, 2015, 08:47:25 PM
I was never on Gaia Online. I played that character a while ago on a forum that was Harry Potter era only, but it crashed and burned with drama before I could get anywhere.

I wonder if someone took her from you then. Oh well. Anyways I had not even looked at the date you posted this. Do you still want to try something?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Cynadea

if there's a Harry Potter group out there that fits, I'll look into it for sure.