Manor of Immortals (Interest check)

Started by Prince Truhan, September 07, 2012, 08:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Truhan

"Don't you get it?
Be a vampire, or a ghost, or an immortal with a paint-by-numbers portrait in the rec room. Hell, even a brain-in-a-jar, in a pinch.
Anything to avoid the Big Fire Below."

The Plot: Everyone receives a letter from Baron Latos, inviting them to his manor to arrange something very important, how immortals plan to affect the world in the following years.

The characters: I'm looking for immortal characters, primarily from literature and movies. I'm tempted to ban OC, but if you give me a cool twist on a mythos I might agree, like... you are a spanish conquistador that found the fountain of eternal youth.

A few examples of characters that could be used are:

Boys:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Nosferatu

Count Yorga

Dorian Grey

Frankenstein's monster (book version though, that is to say, sentient beyond "fire bad")

Merlin

Girls

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Elizabeth of Bathory

Dolingen de Grantz (from Dracula's guest)

Carmilla (one limitation, anyone wanting to play her can't make her straight, she has to be a lesbian or you can stretch it to bisexual)

Nineve

Morgan Le Fey

Vulnavia

Circe

One of the gorgons

Note on evil/good: some of the characters are good, most are evil, while I can see this going into extreme rps since most are powerful and can play rough, there shouldn't be all out battles trying to destroy one another.

That's all for now, if you are interested let me know, and if you have questions, please do so as well. I would like to know what characters I didn't think of.

Character sheet:

Players Name:

Name:

Alias: (this is not required, but your character might have taken upon an alias to mingle with the world)

Age: (you can make an educated guess or say since when they have been around)

Sexuality:

Abilities: (most of the characters have some powers or skills besides being immortal)

Source of immortality:

Personality:

Backstory: (you can add to the official story of the character, maybe explain what they have done during the past few years)

Ons & Offs:

Foxy DeVille

I really like this idea. One notable literary immortal left out (that I call dibs on) is Ayesha, She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Major Major

Just for the sake of asking, how would you feel about a character based on a certain Roman Legionary named Longinus, aka "The Wandering Jew"?

Prince Truhan

Ayesha, nice call

As far as the wandering jew goes, if you keep the essence, and lose the religious aspect I would allow it.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Major Major on September 07, 2012, 11:30:12 PM
Just for the sake of asking, how would you feel about a character based on a certain Roman Legionary named Longinus, aka "The Wandering Jew"?

I believe the Wandering Jew is a man who mocked Jesus on the way to the crucifixion and was thus cursed. Longinus is a different figure in Christian folklore, although the fictional character Casca who is immortal is based on the Longinus legend.

Major Major

I admit, my only knowledge of it was a fiction book where he was a Roman Soldier.

Prince Truhan

Well as foxy said, longinus in christian folklore is the soldier that speared jesus, water and blood came out of the wound and hit him in the face, he had his face healed (it had some nasty marks) and was converted, and the spear turned into a religious relic. (this is what tthe history channel said at least)

and the wandering jew is what foxy said as well.

your book must have combined  both.

As I said, if you want to play a roman character cursed with immortality (until a expiration date) be my guest, just lose the religious aspect because I don't think an rp is the place for it

Vladimir valentine

Even though you know, I decided I'd add that I'll be akasha. Just so everyone else knows ^ ^.

Prince Truhan

Alright I will ask everyone to make a character sheet, I'll add what should be on it on the first post

bubby

Possible interest in Elizabeth of Bathory.

Am I assuming you're having this game in the present, and that the characters being played, though 'immortal', are modern now?

Prince Truhan

Yes that is exactly the idea, one way or another they have learned to adapt to the modern world, either by becoming hermits or by finding a way to fit in.

bubby

Sweet.

I have the weekend off so I'll work on the char sheet tomorrow.

Prince Truhan

Perfect, I should work on mine too actually.

Foxy DeVille

Players Name: Foxy Oni

Name: Ayesha

Alias: She Who Must Be Obeyed, Aisha bint Yarab

Sexuality: Bisexual

Abilities: Ayesha is a powerful telepath, capable of reading minds and mentally scrying at a global range. She can paralyze a person with just a thought or plant images in their mind. Her beauty has been enhanced to an uncanny degree that all but the most willful of mortals become entranced upon seeing her. A kiss from her lips can cause a human being to die from the ecstasy. Ayesha is a brilliant alchemist, creating powerful acids and elixirs that can cure the most dire of injuries. It is quite possible that she can engineer diseases as most who approach her hidden city get fatally ill but her servants do not. While ageless, she can be killed. However, Ayesha can the project her spirit into another being's body. She seems to have some method of shapeshifting, as she is able to transform the possessed body into her own. As She Who must be Obeyed, Ayesha has a city full of loyal followers. She has even bred some for specific purposes.

Source of Immortality: The Pillar of Life, a subterranean pit of fire within an ancient temple.

Personality:
Ayesha is a vain and arrogant egomaniac. She cares nothing about the morals of the mortal world or the desires of mere human beings. Ayesha can be quite petty, holding on to vendettas for centuries.  She has a rather patronizing attitude towards modern achievements. Ayesha can be rather coy, giving conflicting stories about her past. She has claimed to be a powerful sorceress but also has said there is no such thing as magic, only nature that is not understood. Ayesha wants to dominate the world but prefers to do do through subtle economic means rather than shear force.

Backstory: Ayesha was an Arabian woman who lived in the 4th century BC. She traveled the ancient world before settling in Egypt and becoming a priestess of Isis. A rivalry with the Pharaoh's daughter cause Ayesha to flee Egypt, eventually discovering the lost city of Kôr. Located with a dormant volcano seven miles across,  Kôr had vast caves beneath it. One of these was a temple that contained the fiery Pillar of Life. By stepping into the flames, Ayesha became immortal and unnaturally beautiful. With her power she became ruler of the Amahagger, natives of the land surrounding the volcano who dubbed her She Who Must Be Obeyed. Ayesha remained invisible to the world until the 19th century AD when encounters with both the reincarnations of her rival as well as a former love resulted in the death of Ayesha twice. This delayed plans for world domination through alchemically created gold. Instead Ayesha used her abilities to gain a stake in various Middle Eastern petroleum companies in the 20th century. Today Ayesha is worth around $20 billion and possesses great influence throughout the Arab world. While Kôr remains her home, she spends a great deal of time traveling to lxurious places under the name Aisha bint Yarab.

Ons & Offs: Exhibitionism, domination, sadism anything considered deviant. The biggest difficulty with Ayesha is making sure she isn't bored.

bubby

Apologies, but I'm withdrawing my interest in this game.

Prince Truhan

no need to apologize, enjoy the rest of your games

Prince Truhan

Players Name: Prince Truhan

Name: Count Dracula

Alias: Baron Latos

Sexuality: Straight

Abilities: He has superhuman strength which, according to Van Helsing, is equivalent to that of 20 strong men. Being undead, he is immune to conventional means of attack.  The Count does not have to seek victims regularly, and has the ability to remain inactive for centuries. The Count can defy gravity to a certain extent and possesses superhuman agility; being able to climb upside down vertical surfaces in a reptilian manner. He has powerful hypnotic and telepathic abilities, and is also able to command nocturnal animals such as bats and rats. Dracula can also manipulate the weather, usually creating mists to hide his presence, but also storms. He can travel onto "unhallowed" ground such as the graves of suicides and those of his victims. He can shapeshift at will, his featured forms in the novel being that of a bat, a wolf, a large dog and fog. He is able to pass through tiny cracks or crevices while retaining his human form, described by Van Helsing as the ability to become "so small." He also has the ability to vanish and reappear somewhere else. He requires no other sustenance but fresh blood, which has the effect of rejuvenating him.

Source of immortality: Vampirism

Personality: Dracula's personality is imposing, commanding and hypnotic, he  manages to control those of weak wills even without using his powers. He is proud of himself, and perhaps too sure that he can get away with anything.

Backstory: After the events of the book Dracula was able after much rest to reconstitute his body, believing that his bold attempts to take  first Lucy and then Mina into his fold, he decided to lay back letting years pass.

Since the 50s he has been active again, having forged documentation to create the Latos lineage he has reestablished his economical means, as well as gained some political influence, just how much pull he has achieved in such a short time is what gave him the idea for this meeting.

Unlike before in which he turned the idiotic Renfield into a thrall, now he has smart servants in various different branches, this has allowed him to find out about the other immortals and made him want to meet with them.

Ons & Offs: Domination, being in control, my offs are bathroom play and permanent injury

Vladimir valentine

Player name: Vladamire valentine

Name: Akasha

Aliases: queen of the damned, the great mother, the blessed virgin,the queen of heaven, the goddess.

Sexuality: Straight

Abilities: extreme speed, super strength, extreme reflexes, Extremely heightened senses, "the fire gift" which is the ability to make things combust with her mind, "cloud gift" (fly, become invisible, create fog, walk through solid objects) immunity to the sun, "spell gift" & "mind gift"(elemental magics, telepathy, charms, glamours,  telekinesis, can use mental magics on other vampires.) "killing gift" (can cause things like hearts and lungs to rupture or explode, can use only on humans and mortal beings) immortality (is not effected by things like garlic, sunlight, wooden stakes, crucifixes, hallowed ground, stereotypical vampire killing ways) Only known way to kill an elder as old as her is drink her dry,fire,or being devoured. Has rapid healing, human blood increases power and healing. Vampire blood is 10 times more potent for akasha. Can turn to stone and sleep for centuries at a time. Can mimic anything from movement to voice to things like playing an instrument. (apparently is also great with puzzles and machinery, can change beings into her "children through exsanguination)

Source of immortality: an evil spirits infusion of itself into akasha creating vampirism (or creating a branch of it) (if she dies only vampires of direct descent to her are affected, they do not die but lose the "gifts they received from her blood"  they do keep immortality and super speed, super strength, heightened senses.)

Personality: akasha is selfish, empty,nihilistic,person with no sense of morality, or human compassion,her needs are all based on her need to fill her emptiness with lust, power,greed, described by maharet as "the only true monster among them, because she refuses to acknowledge her own monstrosity. She is manipulative, cunning,blatant. She is driven by her lust, hunger, and need for power.

Backstory:  Akasha  was the first queen of Egypt, she infused with a spirit in order to survive an assassination attack on her and her husband. She gave him "the dark gift", after creating a branch to the race of vampirism she went dormant into a sleep until the last century. Drained her husband, and drained countless fledgling vampires to satify her need for power. Is now currently hunting other immortals and vampires to join her cause of creating a utopia with her as it's goddess. Any who oppose her are considered enemies in her eyes and she will find a way to absorb them. Is mostly interested in vampires, wants to wipe out the human race. 

{will add picture once I learn how, because I'm bad with technology} ^ ^

Ryven

This game seems interesting.  Is it going to be more plot based like dealing with the politics of these immortals or no?  Depending, I might want to play a modern version of Nicolas Flamel.

Prince Truhan

Yes, that's the idea so the power level isn't really important, for instance, any character posted so far could make grey's immortality hell on earth with very little effort, but since the idea is about their effect in the world, dorian grey's knowledge of how people work and their dark desires gives him an edge over many of the immortals that makes him valuable.