Previous topic - Next topic

Nazora

Name: Crystal Yamoto
Race: Human
Alignment:Chaotic Good
Class: Rogue/Healer
Traits: Grim Optimism
Flaws: Headstrong
Ability spread (including racial stat mods) Str (8), Dex (16), Con (10), Int (16), Wis (10), Cha (14)
Equipment: dagger, ranger pack items. (Modern relics: Cell phone if allowed, wallet with money and pictures if allowed)

Starting Description: Picture. She keeps her sword holstered on the right side. She's rather blunt about speaking mind, but can be quite the charmer when she had to be.

Personality: Crystal is curious, she is also rather friendly and upbeat. Despite everything, she tries to maintain her sanity.

Background: She was a hiker and a naturist with a degree in geology. She was hiking the grand canyon when she got lost, only to find herself stuck in another place and time. Somehow she managed to scrape by through conniving and stealing, all while looking for a way back home. Being out of place in the society of the world left her to be captured and recruited as a sacrifice. So she was banded with the strange party being sent to Mareth as 'Champions'

Bonds: TBD

On/off: No real limits except the usual.

Transformations: No limits, I'm going to keep my character open to anything that may happen in the world.

Favorite biome: Lake & Waterfront, Mountains & Canyons.

((This may need help))
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Warlock

Quote from: Kimmy on January 07, 2015, 09:38:45 AM
Total jiggle time now yes! *spins* I just need to figure out a second class... I wish Pathfinder had a D&D Scout/Skirmish class feature. Loved the idea that motion or dancing in combat could be a legitimate talent for avoiding blows and giving you that circular movement to hit hard as you dance about your opponent! Combat became a dance... And pretty combat would so suit this game. I want to play a Paladin

I'll put up what I have and you can have a gander. ^_^

Could try a Ninja with the Scout archetype, allowing you to double down on Charisma and gain access to some neat ninja tricks. If you don't like the eastern flavor, you can always reskin it as a regular roguish class.

OyabunKobold

@ kimmy

Have you looked into archtypes? I think there's a few Dancer type archtypes under the Fighter Rogue Ranger Monk and Swashbuckler classes that might hold what you're looking for

Also for the Ninja both it and rogue for their talent's/tricks are interchangeable so they could probably be as little or as large a asian ninja as they pleased :3

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

rikka

Name: Seika
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Cleric (Undead Lord) 1/ Wizard (Spellslinger) 1
Traits: Shadow Child, Worldly
Flaws: Hedonistic
Ability Scores: Str 8, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 14
Equipment: Arcane Musket, 10 bullets, dagger, entertainer's outfit, gunsmith's kit

Description: Long red tresses.  Curvaceous.  Not ashamed to flaunt her near bursting breasts. Likes to wear tight-fitting side slit dresses.   

Personality:  Amicable and forthcoming.  Seika likes to settle things diplomatically before resorting to more forceful alternatives. She tends to be flirtatious most of the time to the point of being annoying. She likes to go about with her own rules, and would try to dominate a situation if she could.  But she is open to advice or help from others if needed be. 

Background: An orphan and raised by gypsies, Seika got to learn their skills and trade at an early age.  Like, dancing with gyrating moves that would hasten a man’s heart; or to read a man’s mind through guile or misdirection - among many other things they taught her. But it is her knack and interest for the occult that gained her notice by the group’s ‘wise woman’, Mother Baba.  Mother Baba took in Seika as her apprentice, teaching all there is in calling on and gaining mastery on the powers of death. 

One day, a mysterious man, having familiarity with Mother Baba, came and visited the gypsies.  The man happened to be a member of Shadows of the Light, a secretive organization who from behind the scenes goes about opposing the powers of darkness, particularly the demons of the nether realms.  They would take in young children, orphans usually, who’d show potential and train them in the arts of combating all forms of supernatural evils. In fact, Mother Baba was once part of the Shadows of the Light, and it was her who called upon the agent to come visit her, so as to pass on Seika and have her trained by the group.

Seika soon adapted to her new home and environment, learning new talents and knowledge that would be viable in fighting the demonic enemies.  One, of a series, she learned and developed was to harness her arcane powers into a specially designed firearm – an arcane gun.  With it she could cast her spells through it barrel, and even enhance it to give bullets an extra magic punch.

The time was fast approaching, and the leaders of the Light deemed it that Seika was ready to be chosen as one that would vanquish the demons power that so has plagued their lands for so long. Seika steeled herself as she finally plunges through the dark portal and meet her fate.

On/off: Almost anything but in particular bondage, tentacles, light torture (like whippings or non-mutilating racking). No to scats, futa transformations, or pregnancy

Transformations: Succubus-types, vampirism, tentacles at the back or lower half of the body.
Favorite biome(s): Cityscape, desert, archipelago

EDIT: Slightly expanded and revised background; equipment finalized.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Nazora on January 07, 2015, 09:48:39 AM
Name: Crystal Yamoto
Alignment:Good
Class: Rogue
Traits:
Flaws:
Ability spread (including racial stat mods) Str (7), Dex (19), Con (10), Int (19), Wis (10), Cha (16)
Equipment: Bowie Knife, well worn hiking clothes, cell phone with dead battery, satchel, metal lighter.

Starting Description: Picture. She keeps her knife holstered on the right side. She's rather blunt about speaking mind, but can be quite the charmer when she had to be.

Personality: Crystal is curious, she is also rather friendly and upbeat. Despite everything, she tries to maintain her sanity.

Background: She was a hiker and a naturist with a degree in geology. She was hiking the grand canyon when she got lost, only to find herself stuck in another place and time. Somehow she managed to scrape by through conniving and stealing, all while looking for a way back home. Being out of place in the society of the world left her to be captured and recruited as a sacrifice. So she was banded with the strange party being sent to Mareth as 'Champions'

On/off: No real limits except the usual.

Transformations: No limits, I'm going to keep my character open to anything that may happen in the world.

Favorite biome: Lake & Waterfront, Mountains & Canyons.

((This may need help))

Ill throw out my two cents worth to help you out!

First off your stats Str (7), Dex (19), Con (10), Int (19), Wis (10), Cha (16)

the red one might be too low I dont remember if we were allowed or not allowed to lower our stats from the initial 8.

the orange ones are much too high youre only allowed a max of 16 so the absolute max after racial you could have is 18

8+2+8+2+8-1 =27 You are also 3 points above the 1:1 limit with your stats (I did the math starting from cha to str btw)

Next up is Your class Youre missing one :3

You can roll 2 classes both gestalt (Ie you merge them together take the higher Saves BAB HP and Skills from them and level them up together so level 2 for a Barbarian/Rogue would be 8+int mod Skills but 1d12+con hd along with the other buffs as an example.

Onto your sheet PF is different than DND in terms of skills :3

level 1 you can only have 1 max rank in any skill But if said skill is a class skill (Stealth for Rogue for example) you get a + 3 mod to the skill for it being a trained skill. The Mythweavers Pathfinder Character sheet will do that mod for you.

Next on the agenda is the alignment. Its plenty fine to be good but theres a whole other side of it you might be missing/omitting Lawful (are you good and follow the laws of the land) Neutral (Do you do good things based on your personal morals and not based on if they are within or without the law) Chaotic (are you a rebel who Does good things even if they directly violate the laws because you find those laws unjust)

For your equipment that needs a bit of a fixer upper unless you have something special planned (cant remember if you were the one from the futuresque place dropped down and offered to be a sacrifice or not sorry >.<) Im pretty sure a lighter doesnt fall under any of the kits nor a cellphone (tho the lighter could be a reskinned flint and steel) As for the bowie knife Im attempting to find it via google but Possibly you were Thinking of the simple weapon a dagger or a Kunai but both weight only 1-2 lbs and are found here Equipment weapons

For your kits and your clothing you can refer to here Kits and here Clothing

Traits and FLaws are found here Traits and here Drawbacks

and just in case you need them race Human and current class Rogue

Hope this helps you out :P I remember using that picture for a Ninja I made way back when for Gaara of the Sand's daughter for a site I used to rp on

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Kimmy

I'll look into those. I don't know a lot about Pathfinder other than I like the feel of it but miss D&D's larger prestige class range. I'll take my time to read through all those classes (apparently almost all have what I want & I missed that? I'm going to be well suited ot play my character I suspect...)

Here's my sheet, the background is the only thing to look at right now. The rest I need to fit to one of these dancing classes.

Sarah Lockheart

Name: Sarah Lockheart
Alignment: Chaotic Good, though she's a total fangirl for dark evil things so she had strong Neutral tendencies.
Classes: Paladin (or Antipaladin and she doesn't know it yet) 1/Something that can Dance 1
Diety: Alexia, Chaotic Neutral Ex-Demon, Somewhat insane & really only a small demi/quasi-deity. Her aspects are Beauty, Desire, Freedom & Passion. She fought the Demon Lords to free herself from the Abyss & it's evil ties. Now she is free, rather cruel (she is female), very charming and definitely a confident, dangerous woman who loves to stir the pot and a good romance. She might also be just a little mad... Have fun with that!
Personality: Charming, Helpful, Innocent, Naive, Talkative & Fangirl.
Str: 8, Dex: 16, Con: ?, Int: ?, Wis: 8? & Cha: High?
HP: ??

Character Sheet bits

Skills:
~ Handle Animal
~ Perform, Dance
~ Ride

Traits:
~

~

Flaw:
~ Oblivious: Your naive nature leaves you trusting and open to the tricks of others. You suffer -2 to your Visual Perception & Sense Motive Checks.

Equipment:
~ Paladin Class Kit, Skimpy adventurer's clothing & a hooded robe.
~ 5 days Trail Rations.

Feats:
~ Dervish Dance:
~ Weapon Finesse:

Bonds: ???

What is your favorite biome? Fiery Volcanic sounds like fun! Though I liked Mountain from CoC - Hellhounds were just too fun ^^'

Description

Personality
Sarah is a bright, eager young woman ready to help the world. She loves romance and adventure - though she's very naive and easily fooled. She has a bad habit of admiring evil fiends - particularly demons. Though she loves animals! Sarah's the type to wander into the den of evil armed with a basket of cookies, a smile and a really really big sword. She longs to be beautiful & admired, so she's suspectible to flattery & charms.

On's & Off's
I have a weakness for fur, rabbits, wolves, centaurs & kitties. Oh scales and serpent people too! Beyond that, I'm totally open to most acts and tf's. Slime, eggs & insects even. Though I must confess I don't like scat, terrible smells and I'm a little weak around blood. So those aren't fun elements. I really do enjoy texture & shape - so unusual cocks are a must. Oh, I like women because their beautiful. I like men because their dangerous (or totally cute & needing a nice skirt). Futa's are welcome too. And breasts of all sizes are welcome. Though lactation is something I've never experienced so I don't know what to do with it. But I can try.

Background
When the robed figures moved into the abandoned temple south of the village, most folks stayed away from the weirdos. But Sarah was raised to be a polite girl. So she took the time to wander down & introduce herself. She even brought fresh baked muffins! And it turned out they were looking for some local help - two silver a week to help look after some cute little critters the robed figures kept for their magic rituals. Oh and she might do their shopping at the market - why she could even buy herself something nice when she went! They even allowed Sarah to borrow books from her library. Of course she couldn't read most of the languages, but Sarah was young & hadn't assigned her bonus languages yet. So she was soon on her way to discovering all sorts of pleasure in amid their old tomes. Her favorite was the chronicles of Alexia, a dark heroine who was trapped in the demonic realms. She was a beautiful, bright eyed woman who could use magic - she could change her shape and even fly! But she mostly used her wits to trick the demons into helping her gather all the components for an ancient ritual so she could free herself from the shackles of the nightmarish abyss she was trapped within.

The chronicles were so prettily written too. Flowing red script and the pages had this familiar coppery scent. It was a lot nicer than some of the musty, dustier tomes she'd read before these. But those were mostly spellbooks and rituals - or histories of gods & demons. When one of the robed figures noticed what Sarah was reading, they helped her find some more of the chronicles. There was a lot of romance and lusty steamy scenes in them! Alexia was a very confident woman. And she was so smart to trick all those demon lords! And very beautiful! Why she could turn herself into anyone's fantasy with her magic! Oh- and she was romanced by the Demon Lord's as well! They were such dark, dangerous figures. Sarah's toes curled whenever she imagined them! Wealthy, powerful creatures with inhuman beauty and dark, dangerous smiles! Oh... How she longed to be like Alexia.

In the end, Alexia managed to complete her ritual and she ascended from the Abyss. The book rumored that she was something like a Demigoddess now - ageless and wandering the outer planes in search of new adventure and romance.

One day Sarah was talking to the Robed Figures and she admitted how much she wanted to be like Alexia- having adventures and living a grand life of challenge and conquest. To be beautiful and confident - to even have magic! And that's when they promised to help her. They had this ritual that was designed to help people suffering from Normal Person Complex. A difficult disease of the mind that limited a person from their true potential, keeping them trapped inside a small world saying the same lines over and over, reliving the same days endlessly until someone like an adventurer steps into their life to change things. It's a terrible fate and they really wanted to help. Though the robed figures did play a prank or two on Sarah. Like that time they tripped her up into that pool of eternal evil they'd been gathering. Sarah was lucky - she caught herself before she fell in - but the tea she'd been carrying fell into the black ichor with a splash. It really was evil - when the ichor splashed across her chest Sarah grew two cup sizes instantly! Suddenly her top looked so stretched and none of her bras fit anymore! She had to travel all the way the Generic Markettown just to buy new ones! Though afterwards the robed figures apolagised and paid for all her new bras. They really were nice folks. They'd been draining all the evil out of the land nearby the village, pooling it up into this special vat beneath the temple. Later they were going to cast a big spell that would use up all the evil they'd gathered, making the world a nicer place for everyone. They were such nice people.

Anyway, after she went to Generic Markettown, the robed figures helped Sarah cast this ritual to cure herself. It was an empowerment ritual, that would help her become someone special. Someone amazing! She had to drawn a big pentagram in blood - though the robed figures told her the secret to blood magic that made it a lot less scary. Why all you needed was a few healing potions and you could afford to bleed all day long to cast your spells. Then you had to speak a long complex ritual- it was in the same language as the chronicals actually. Demonspeak - which was so cool! Sarah got taught to speak Demonspeak like Alexia had in her journeys! She was totally amazing too - Alexia could swear in ways that Sarah's mother would feint dead over! Oh but where were we? The ritual? Right! The ritual was lots of long complex words in demonspeak - and then you had to focus on what you wanted to be. And Sarah wanted to be an adventurer! Someone tall and beautiful! Confident and good at fighting! Oh! Like a paladin - but not to some stuffy boring god. She wanted to follow someone like Alexia. And that's when she heard Alexia's voice. She had this really beautiful voice - lyrical and just a slightly husky accent, like those woman from the cold northlands sometimes had. Alexia was surprised - she didn't know anyone from Generic Land had ever heard of her - but she was really pleased that Sarah had called her! And when Sarah said she wanted to be a beautiful warrior woman - like a paladin, only following Alexia (Not exactly in those words... Actually there was a lot more words... and stammering... And profuse blushing... And not just a like awed awkward silence...) Well, Alexia laughed. She had such a beautiful laugh. She agreed on the spot! Sarah would be her first Paladin! She'd have to make a few changes in Sarah's life. But she'd figure something out.

Sarah spent some time training then. The robed figures helped her learn to wear armor - which was surprising. Sarah had expected to train in heavy steel plates & chainmail, but mostly she had to learn to move in chainmail bikini's that pinched - though the platemail bikini was the worst! The steel panties ride right up your backside and you have to unlock them with a key if you want to use the little girl's room! But that wasn't as tough as the weapon's training. Sarah discovered that Paladins earnt most of their hitpoints by getting hit in all the sore points of their bodies... Repeatedly, until you toughened up! But she was going to become an adventuress Paladin of Alexia!

Then she took her oath to Alexia. To live out her heart's desires freely, to never be bound nor submit, to act with passion and lust, to be beautiful and charming in every waking moment!

And then the robed figures were raided by mean adventurers. Lots of people died or ran away that day. And Sarah... Sarah was caught and tied up. She was carried off and it was thought that she'd been bespelled! She tried to tell them how wrong they all were and how nice the robed figures were but noone would listen to her. In the end they sentenced Sarah to exile and shoved her through the portal.
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Nazora

What are the mods for the skills? I originally went str 8 but it posted a mod of -1 so I subtracted one for from the character sheet. Should I go with the original stats without adding the modifiers?
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Nazora on January 07, 2015, 10:30:21 AM
What are the mods for the skills? I originally went str 8 but it posted a mod of -1 so I subtracted one for from the character sheet. Should I go with the original stats without adding the modifiers?

Mods are what are added to your skills and your saves

Like your Wisdom could be a 14 the mod is a +2 so your will saves are Base+2+Magical+Misc

So yes you post the base stats without modifiers those mods dont change the base stats at all they are created by the stats.

Nazora

Well, I was thinking about having a modern background, but if the modern equipment causes too much trouble even when keeping it simple I might have to rethink that. Plus, it does make it harder for my character to mesh into the world. So I might dispense with the idea and change her background. Keep it simple.
All about what I like!

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Nazora on January 07, 2015, 10:40:14 AM
Well, I was thinking about having a modern background, but if the modern equipment causes too much trouble even when keeping it simple I might have to rethink that. Plus, it does make it harder for my character to mesh into the world. So I might dispense with the idea and change her background. Keep it simple.

You dont need to do that necessarily.

The lighter can be a reskinned Flint and steel from any of the kits I linked you.

The Bowie knife could be a reskinned dagger (loses 2 lbs of weight)

As for your clothes they are easily an Explorers outfit

The only thing I dont have an answer for as to how/why it makes sense is the cellphone but then again you can have it be a Misc knick knack that doesnt work or it could turn into a plot point later for the dm so no worries there unless Warlock says Kings X on the cellphone.

Pathfinder is less about restricting yourself and more about what can you flavor with what you have that can make things work out

VonDoom

You wouldn't actually come into the game with modern equipment, just the knowledge and attitude. You'd presumably lose your old stuff during the dimensional travel. Or maybe bandits took it all. ;)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Warlock

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 07, 2015, 10:25:10 AM
Ill throw out my two cents worth to help you out!

Very much appreciated have a cookie. I'll second everything Oya have said, he's a very wise man.

Gestalt Basics
Lets begin with a short primer on Gestalt. Used to increase a characters strength and/or versatility, by granting them a second class progression and combining both their features, choosing only the best where they overlap. In smaller groups gestalt functions mostly as expanding areas of expertise and allow them to fill several roles, which means a wider range of challenges can be thrown at a group of characters. In larger or medium sized groups, they’re for power and redundancy since you’d most likely have characters already fulfilling different roles and instead of breath they can be focused on specializing your character for various roles, using class abilities that provide good synergy.

Generalist:
A Rogue//Wizard can both function as a skillful character, able to disable traps and scout ahead, and a magical caster, providing support, battlefield control, utility and damage.

Specialist:
A Paladin//Synthesist becomes a beast in combat, possessing both incredible defenses and a great number of attacks. Against Evil enemies she thrives and encounters end quickly as she slays them with impunity.

Creating a Gestalt:
1. Gestalt have two sides, generally indicated by a x//x, with each ‘’x’’ representing a different class.
Example:
I want to build a sneaky and magical character and I’ll choose Rogue for my first gestalt side, becoming Rogue//x, then I decide upon a Wizard for the second side and I’m now Rogue//Wizard

2. Choose the class with the best base attack bonus and use that progression.
Example:
Both the Rogue and Wizard have +0 at the first level, so I write that down on my sheet in my BAB box.

3. Choose individually the best saving throws for each category of Fortitude, Reflex and Will
Example:
Looking over the fortitude box for both classes, I see that they both start with a +0 and I write it down. Reflex is different for both classes, Rogue have +2 and Wizards +0 which means I get the better one and write down +2. For Will it’s reversed, +2 for Wizards and +0 For Rouge,  so I get a +2 for Will also.
So I now have Fort: +0; Reflex: +2; Will: +2 without adding ability bonuses.

4. Class skills. You get access to both lists as and get the higher number of Skills per level.
Example:
As a Rouge//Wizard I have a smattering number of skills Acrobatics (Dex), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Dex), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Fly (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (All) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), Swim (Str), and Use Magic Device (Cha)
And can see that as a Wizard I only get a lousy 2+Int Skill points per level, however luckily as a Rogue I get 8+Int Skill points and use that instead.

5. You gain both class features from both sides of your gestalt, though any duplicated on both sides are only used once.
Example:
As a 1st level Rogue I gain Sneak Attack +1 and the Trap Finding ability, both are quite good and I write it down on my sheet. For Wizard I gain spellcasting, can choose an arcane school from a list and my arcane bond can either be an item or a familiar.

Nazora

Quote from: VonDoom on January 07, 2015, 10:47:12 AM
You wouldn't actually come into the game with modern equipment, just the knowledge and attitude. You'd presumably lose your old stuff during the dimensional travel. Or maybe bandits took it all. ;)

I can work with that theory. Okay, I've been modifying the profile based on the advise, hopefully this can work.
All about what I like!

VonDoom

Whew, finally back home. Now to get something presentable finished.

In the meantime, I have some reading material for you if you're interested in my past CoC exploits on Elliquiy. I will work from the same basic 'short concept' that I used this other game, but the details are rather different.

This was my solo CoC game request thread. I'm rambling a bit in it and it's not the most neatly written request ever, but it holds a lot of information about what I like and don't like about CoC.

And this is the game that spawned from it, Lure of Corruption. Sadly, it's pretty much dead and I haven't heard from my DM/ST/co-writer in forever. The character in there, named Marissa (which is what I named all my female Champions in the actual CoC and what I'll use to apply here, I really like the name  :-[ ), isn't entirely the same person that I'll be applying but cut from similar cloth, so to speak.

O&O

OyabunKobold

:3 only thing thus far I can see in your changes is the Short sword is a Martial weapon

Outside that its coming together quite nicely Tho I think you're only allowed one weapon so the dagger would be it not too much of a loss I imagine we are going to be coming upon some better weapons quicker rather than later.

EDIT FOund a class and archtype perfect for a healer for you Naz :3  class Archtype

@von
and woot its always nice to rehash old flames all my chars in Fen-samas game were named Cinder lol anynu heres to hoping CoC is downloaded quickly so i can go deal with my mail and then get my description all copy pasted :3

Dracorion

Quote from: Warlock on January 07, 2015, 09:04:32 AM
Scimitars are a martial weapon and not avialble at a start. I'll make a note of it however, and see about conveniently placing one in the hands of your enemies or another place (stone, maybe).

Right, got confused here, sorry. Fixed this, picked up a short sword instead.

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 07, 2015, 09:21:59 AM
Not sure if you Mean Magical Knack here.

Magical Knacks buff is that it adds 2 CL to the Class (not the spell) its given to so long as said class does not Exceed the Total HD of your character. So Unless Magus isnt going to be leveled every time you go up a level then your Trait would be useless :x

I believe instead you might have been looking at this Trait.

Magical Lineage - Pick one spell when you choose this trait. When you apply metamagic feats to this spell that add at least 1 level to the spell, treat its actual level as 1 lower for determining the spell's final adjusted level.

Also slightly editing my sheet as my trait I had chosen was also mixed up with another that i meant to have :3

Ah, you're right. I got the trait's name right on the mythweavers sheet, just got my wires crossed when typing it in the post. Fixed now, thanks.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Dracorion on January 07, 2015, 12:18:17 PM
Right, got confused here, sorry. Fixed this, picked up a short sword instead.

>.< did I miss something in the op about shortswords?

According to Paizo and d20pfsrd Sword, Short is considered a martial weapon... but so many people are grabbing one maybe I missed something somewhere :x

Don't mind me if I'm wrong about it being a martial weapon.

Warlock

@Naz, Oya
Arcanists are an interesting fusion of Wizard and Sorcerer, combining, in my opion, the best traits of spontaneous and prepared casters. Using a White Mage Archetype they could become quite capable in combat healers too, just ''Breath of Life'' is worth it.

@Rikka
Spellslingers are nice, have a theorycrafted mystic thurge build gathering dust somewhere that utilize the equivelent of ''cast all spells'' line in the Arcane gun feature to great effect. Using Reach Metamagic you can shoot people with Cure and Heal spells. Nifty thing. You can also start with 10 bullets, so you're able to actually use it as a weapon, not just an implement. Goes for all potential gun wielders.

@Von
Lure of Corruption have been a great source of inspiration, won't lie. So I would be honored to have Marissa's spiritual successor making an apperance here in the application thread.

Edit: A Short Sword is a light martial weapon, double checked the pfsrd to make sure.

Lockepick

For what it's worth, I'm currently considering a Rogue//Witch build right now. A male who is unable to progress his Clan and is going through the portal in hopes to find some final glory for his family in lieu of an heir.

Full profile is in the works!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

VonDoom

Name: Marissa
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Arcanist (Blade Adept) 1 // Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1
Traits: Charming, Fencer, Precise Treatment
Flaws: Power-Hungry
Ability spread (including racial stat mods):
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12
Equipment: Arcanist Kit, Explorer's Outfit, Dagger

Starting Description:
<WIP>

Personality:
Marissa is a young woman full of hope and curiosity. She has a mischievous side and prefers to solve problems with cunning and guile over brute force, though part of the reason for this may be her lack of confidence. She tries to hide it behind a brave front, but when faced with a threatening foe or difficult problem she will often question her own ability to deal with it/them.

This problem finds it root in her arcane abilities. They manifested at an early age and marked her an outsider, as unwanted -- despite trying to take a positive attitude, she could easily have turned into a recluse if not for the wise woman who took her in. Under her tutelage Marissa reconnected with other people and began to form positive relationships, developed a strong sense of curiosity and interest in the wondrous and fantastic. She learned not to blame others for their ignorance, as well.

Now, years later, she looks forward to helping protect her village. Her skills are still very basic, but she is smart and keeps an open mind about the esoteric and strange, has learned a number of spells and even knows how to fight. She doesn't have any intimate knowledge of men (or women, for that matter), but she is well aware that her pretty face and smile can earn a favour or two.

She is kind and wants to help people, but is  often plagued by occasional nightmares that she secretly believes are a sign of things to come. She has resolved to learn and train even more since she was chosen, but worries that it won't be enough. That she is a bad choice for the role.

On the other hand, she is excited by the idea of going to another world, to have opportunities few else ever will and secretly hopes that it isn't quite the terrible hell-realm people think it is.

Background:
Marissa grew up in a decently sized town - still somewhat rural, but already large enough to be considered a bustling settlement. She grew up with only her father to raise her -- the identity of her mother was never shared with her, though she strongly suspects that she might have been a witch or sorcerer. The specter of war loomed on the horizon, however, and her father was called to duty when she was eight years old, never to return.

She had to steal or work to get food and she opted for the latter, doing light deliveries for various local shops and other simple tasks - between that and the loss of her only parent, she wasn't the most popular child. At one point, at the age of ten, she was teased by a number other children and at the height of emotion produced a flash of magical light -- ultimately harmless, but enough to scare a bunch of adolescents and very obvious.

The town was not particularly fond of sorcery and she was quickly ostracized. Turning to begging and food theft, she likely would have ended up in a far worse place if she had not been approached by a kindly wise-woman named Mebbeth. Though she appeared to be a producer of poultices and expert at hearth wisdom-type of things, she was actually a skilled practitioner of the secret arts. Magic.

She taught Marissa for years. She knew of the Sacrifice and realized all too soon that if she remained here, the choice would fall on Marissa. It would be convenient: the city council would have their protection and be rid of someone unwanted. Why Mebbeth didn't send Marissa away remains a mystery (Plot hook *cough*), but instead she made certain to give her a holistic education, to keep an open mind and see beyond the obvious, to respect gods and god-like entities without blindly relying on them and much more.

Realizing that a few minor spells would not protect her from an army of demons, she even recruited a fencing instructor for Marissa, making certain that she was physically prepared as well.

Bonds: Not yet.

On/off:
On:
Transformation, mental and physical, though never anthro-dom. Faces, not snouts.
Corruption. Slowly growing to lust for power, corruption, until the very heart is dyed in the colors of evil -- ahhh, delicious.
Monster people (Monstergirl-esque, so all with strong human characteristics). Female/futa salamanders abd dragons, driders, cowgirls, succubi and omnibi, sharkgirls, centaurs, witches, insect people, naga, slime ...
Classic mythology. Unlike my other complaints about full furries, it's fine for a Minotaur to have a proper bull-head. It'd be weird if they didn't. Mental disconnect and all.
Mind/arousal control. Implanted fetishes and desires, spells to get the loins frothing, aphrodisiacs ...
Pregnancy, lactation and oviposition are great, too, on female/futanari characters.
Cum-Addiction is fine, too.

Off:
Anthro/furry. I don't really enjoy the aesthetics of classic furries and generally prefer the 'defurred' version of existing CoC characters that had the option. Though I'm cool with others going down that route and non-sexual appearances, like Rathazul's.
Multiple sex organs. One extra dick is fine, a bunch of tentacles is fine,  but four dicks, three breasts and five vaginas is just weird.
Extreme proportions. Large is great, but ... yeah, people still need to be able to move.
Inflation, not sexy.
Weird nipples. Fuckable nipples, cock nipples, 'lipples' ... very meh on those.

Transformations: demonic succubus/omnibus transformations (demonic tail, horns, wings, eyes, claws, what have you … not a big fan of the bone-heel-thing since it sounds more painful than sexy, though) are wonderful, turning the character into a futa, growing hair or changing to unnatural colorization, breast and penis growth (though I prefer them in a semi-realistic range, no boobs that would seriously straight up break your spine or penis that you could actually skewer people on) … all great.

What else? Not a fan of full-on furry, but monster girl stuff is nice. Big fan of cow girls and arachne/drider types, though I'd prefer an omnibus-appearance as the main transformation 'goal', so to speak. Tasteful tattoos and intimate piercings are nice, some Ceraph-style implanted fetishes (as long as they're not Offs, of course) wouldn't be too bad either.

The Bimbo liqueur item is something I enjoy, but if at all as a temporary thing. I prefer corruption towards selfish evil, not over sexualized ditziness -- but it can be fun for a bit and something to be dreadfully embarrassed about afterwards.

Corruptive parasites are nice, too, though I'm not a fan of the existing worms. A symbiotic suit or weapon* would be more interesting.

Favorite biome: Love 'em all, really. Cityscape is nice for greater interaction opportunities, so if we decide on a place to settle 'by default' and aren't camping right in front of the portal, that'd be the preference.

*The Blade Adept binds with a weapon at level 1 - considering the Inspired Blade Swashbuckler archetype, the desired weapon would of course be a Rapier. The wording is a bit different from the Gunslinger and their Battered Gun and since we only start with a simple weapon at the beginning, the class feature won't actually take effect until she encounters one. I'd actually prefer that, especially if we could work the following in:

A 'cursed' weapon that becomes more and more demonic once the Black Blade features kick in, perhaps a symbiote latching onto her arcane energies, or perhaps it's simply a reflection of her own slowly accumulating corruption, but … well, something along that line would be neat.

Character Sheet
Marissa
Female human arcanist (blade adept) 1/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1/gestalt 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 8, 56, 76, 125)
CG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +4
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 12 (1d10+2)
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +2 (-2 vs. Charm or Compulsion effects if there's a promise of wealth or power)
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee dagger +1 (1d4/19-20)
Special Attacks arcane reservoir (1/4), consume spells, deeds (derring-do, opportune parry and riposte), panache (4)
Arcanist (Blade Adept) Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +4)
. . 1st---mage armor, shield
. . 0 (at will)---detect magic, ghost sound (DC 13), mage hand, prestidigitation
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12
Base Atk +1; CMB +1; CMD 13 (13 vs. disarm)
Feats Combat Reflexes, Fencing Grace, Weapon Focus (rapier)
Traits charming, fencer, precise treatment
Skills Acrobatics +6, Bluff +5 (+6 vs. characters who could be attracted to you), Craft (alchemy) +7, Diplomacy +5 (+6 vs. characters who could be attracted to you), Heal +4, Knowledge (arcana) +7, Perception +4, Profession (herbalist) +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +7
Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Elven
SQ inspired panache, power-hungry, sword bond
Other Gear dagger, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, ink, black, inkpen, mess kit, pot, soap, spell component pouch, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Arcane Reservoir +1 DC or CL (4/day) (Su) Pool of points fuel exploits, or can expend to add +1 CL or DC while cast spell.
Charming +1 Bluff/Diplomacy/save DC for a language-dependent spell vs. targets who could be sexually attracted to you.
Combat Reflexes (3 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed.
Consume Spells (Su) As a move action, expend a spell slot to add its spell levels to arcane reservoir.
Fencer +1 to hit with dagger or sword AoOs.
Fencing Grace Add Dex instead of Str to rapier damage. +2 CMD vs. disarm if you have at least 1 panache point.
Inspired Panache (Ex) Gain no panache from killing blow, only from rapier crits.
Panache (Ex) Gain a pool of points that are spent to fuel deeds, regained on light/piercing crit/killing blow.
Power-Hungry -2 vs. Will saves if the effect's creator promises wealth or power
Sword Bond (Rapier, 1/day) Arcane bond with proto-black blade.
--------------------
Spellbook
--------------------
. . 0 --- All
. . 1 --- Charm Person, Color Spray, Grease, Mage Armor, Shield, Silent Image

O&O

VonDoom

Quote from: Warlock on January 07, 2015, 12:35:24 PM
@Von
Lure of Corruption have been a great source of inspiration, won't lie. So I would be honored to have Marissa's spiritual successor making an apperance here in the application thread.

Wow, um, thank you.  :-[

I hope I didn't lag too badly behind Datawych, her posts were really amazing.

(I ... am still missing the option of a happy-looking blush smiley.  :-\)

O&O

OyabunKobold

Woot I do believe my sheet/character is complete and ready.

Ive given it my stamp of approval at least

VonDoom

Added on/off. Still need to work on the starting description ... maybe I can steal some passage from Lure for that. *coughs*

O&O

Dracorion

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 07, 2015, 12:29:27 PM
>.< did I miss something in the op about shortswords?

According to Paizo and d20pfsrd Sword, Short is considered a martial weapon... but so many people are grabbing one maybe I missed something somewhere :x

Don't mind me if I'm wrong about it being a martial weapon.

Aaaah bollocks, no, you're right. I keep misinterpreting the OP and confusing simple and light weapons. Now I've definitely completely settled on a sickle.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: VonDoom on January 07, 2015, 12:48:34 PM

here you go a happy blush smily

and heres the code

[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/276/0/0/_blush__by_DianePhotos.gif[/img]