Is there a way to display a spreadsheet as an image?

Started by Galactic Druid, October 20, 2012, 03:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

If possible, I want to display A google docs spreadsheet I plan to be editing regularly as an image I can embed in a thread. So far, I haven't had any real luck figuring out a way to do that, assuming it's possible.

If it's not, is there a spreadsheet program that would let me export as images so that I could upload it to photobucket or something? Any help would be appreciated.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Kythia

Not sure I've understood you properly, but if all you mean is to have it as an uneditable image then just take a screen shot of it.

Galactic Druid

The only problem with that is that it's not going to take long before this map doesn't fit a single page. Taking multiple shots and editing them together will take more time than I really want to, for how often I'll need to do it.

Kythia

Hmmmm.

If you haven't got an answer by Monday I'll ask at work for you.  In a blaze of publicity we now keep all our documents on the cloud so I'm sure one of our IT guys will know.

Galactic Druid

Cool! In the meantime, I'm off to visit a helpful applicant's intro. ;)

jouzinka

Why not including just a link to the spreadsheet, but locking it for anyone else's edits but your own? :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Galactic Druid

I could do that, I just really wanted to display the map in thread for the benefit of read-alongers.

Oreo

You could ask read-alongers to shoot you a PM for the link. That way you have a record of everyone who has access. It won't be open to just anyone.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Galactic Druid

I've actually found a solution. I got a friend to teach me GIMP. I can't wait to get this game started!

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oniya

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on October 20, 2012, 10:56:23 PM
I've actually found a solution. I got a friend to teach me GIMP. I can't wait to get this game started!

Wouldn't that be the same as assembling screen-shots?  Not that GIMP isn't fine for that (used it this week to make an ad-flyer from some jpgs that PSP wouldn't open), but you seemed set against that.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Galactic Druid

I was, until they showed me how easy to use gimp really is. I'm fine with it now. Now all I need is a game thread.

Oniya

My only real problem with GIMP is the load time.  Sometimes it's funny that I can do what I wanted to do with the image (in GIMP) in less time than it took GIMP to load.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17