News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Started by Ember Star, March 19, 2012, 07:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

I have tried uploading a avatar from my gallery and a link, with the link it says it's updated by my avatar doesn't show, with my gallery it says I didn't upload a avatar. Am I doing something wrong? I'll test in this topic and see if it'll upload to here
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

jouzinka

The link you are trying to post is not a link to an image. ;)

You need to get the address that ends with .jpg to get the link to the image. Sometimes it's easier to just save the image to your desktop and upload from there. ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

jouzinka

I found it. ;D (I think)

Unfortunately it's too big - avatars on Elliquiy can only be 150 x 200 pixels.

Here's the resized version:

Paste thishttp://i41.tinypic.com/5wjez4.jpg

into the Specify avatar by URL in your profile. ;)

Ember Star

Thank you! :) I didn't know how many pixels it was. Just how many KB it was. It did occurre to me that it might be too big, but then I thought it was something else. I was leaving some parts of the link out when I was trying to post it. Thank you again! *hugs* You've saved me because all I have is an Android phone, no computer.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

jouzinka

You're welcome. I hope you don't have troubles putting it up as your avi. ;)

Ember Star

It worked like a charm! Will I have to downsize pictures I post to topics and comments too?

jouzinka

YAY! Worked, that's great.

And no, you don't have to downsize pictures (unless they're really very big). But even in that case you can just put a restriction on the height or width of the image, like this...

[IMG height=300]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/d/d4/Queen_in_mountains.jpg[/IMG]

Beguile's Mistress

For future reference you might want to check out our list of Tutorials.  They've been put together by various members and can help you with many of the things you want to do, especially working with images.

Always feel free to come back to our HELP forum, though, with any questions.