Waiting for approval, and itching to RP

Started by Freebird88, August 15, 2010, 06:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freebird88

As I'm sure you have guessed, I am waiting for approval, and have somehow managed to wander into the non-adult section of this site. I am not new to role playing, but I haven't done it in a few months, so I am probably a little rusty as far as writing goes. I am also tapped out on fantasy genre RP's at the moment, no more magical elves for me for a while. I would love do do a modern or sci-fi based role play, but I am lacking in the creativity department today, so I don't have any specific ideas. So, if anyone would be interested in helping shake the dust off of my role playing skills, that would be fantastic!

Freebird88

Oh, and to add. I like vampires, but I like my vampires dark and evil. Not sparkling and attending high school. I don't know if the vampire world will ever recover from the appalling Twilight saga, but one can hope.

I was trying to pull something out of a hat by thinking about the shows I have been watching recently, and since what I have been watching recently has been all over the board, that's where my ideas are falling. In the past three days I've been hopping between Farscape, House, Lost, Carnivale and Dexter and my ideas are coming out like...

"There is a hospital in space and it just picked up a signal from a deserted island where a bunch of shipwrecked carnies are stranded and there is a serial killer wreaking havoc on the space ship."

That is a HORRIBLE idea lol. Not to mention, it makes no sense. So as you can see, ALL over the board, and entirely missing the board at the same time.

TiaMaria

I don't know, that idea sounds kind of funny.

As for RP ideas, how does this sound? It was a sci fi idea I toyed with last year for NaNoWriMo.

There's a young man, who has been told by his father, that in order to inherit the family fortune, he has to start a business up, and keep it running for a whole year. He decides to get into the hauling business, as the big companies aren't interested in small hauls, but even that isn't working out for him, as he hasn't got enough of a crew, he's only got one ship, and it's not in particularly good condition. In desperation, he takes a somewhat 'interesting' cargo from a nice old man at the space port, one that pays far too much to be what the old man said it was...

Wintercat

The idea sounds lovely, I am sorry to interrupt you two. I would be curious if you two might consider letting me along in exploring what strange things there might be in that?

Naturally I can step away if you prefer.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Freebird88

That is a really unique idea, I love it! Wintercat, you are more than welcome to participate! So I am assuming this young man would be looking for a crew?

Wintercat

Perhaps the young man or woman that owns the boat needs additional crew for the ship then? If its going to be carrying a big package with importance, it might be they needed something more just in case? Just a thought.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

TiaMaria

That's a good idea. In the original idea, he already had a crew, the crew were family members and friends of family members, with a couple more people hired at the space port. And I'd love for you to play with us, Wintercat. The more the merrier!

Wintercat

Thanks and well just been looking to game too but a bit hesitant to start a thread myself, not having any ideas for a game at the time. Going to wait Freebird though. Her thread so I am a guest here still I think.

I am grateful to her for having put the thread in motion though.

EDIT:
I guess that the request may have dried up, I am no longer following this I guess but if an RP does start please give me a yank on the sleeve if you would, please. I hope I didn't disturb the game's idea-makers too much with my words at least.
A&A