Ladies of the stars - Space Opera RPG (Now Recruiting Female Players Only)

Started by Ada, September 07, 2014, 10:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ada

We're looking to start soon. If you want to make it on board for the maiden voyage, please get your apps in soon!
Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - A's and A's - Back after a long absence. If you recognize me, feel free to reach out and start something fresh with me. If not, no hard feelings.

Chrystal

Although I don't think many of the crew count as maidens, in the literal sense at least! *snigger*

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Rel Mayer

Hey there!

I'm going to have to take back my interest for now - because I may have taken too much on my plate recently. I'll check back when I have some free time to see if you ladies are still recruiting!

ElvenKitten

Emjay

Definitely interested in joining the crew. I am currently working on my character description. This will be my first RP, I'm excited!
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chrystal

Hi Marj.

Congrats on being approved.

And *hugs* for deciding to change the name! I'm guessing it was one of those "seems like a good idea at the time" things?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Emjay

Quote from: Chrystal on September 19, 2014, 03:31:05 AM
Hi Marj.

Congrats on being approved.

And *hugs* for deciding to change the name! I'm guessing it was one of those "seems like a good idea at the time" things?

*hugs back and laughs* you hit the nail on the head Chrystal! Really regretted the name. They're working on my new one as we speak. Can't wait till it goes through. I'm super excited for this RP. Everyone has such great characters set up. I liked your idea for the setting as well. How long did you work on that?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chrystal

I'm guessing they waited until after you were approved to change it... I had a bigger problem when I joined - typo in my email address! I had to email "admin" (i.e. Veks) and ask him to change it!

The Galactic Empire setting, actually, was the work of a few hours cogitating and about 30 minutes typing, and I suggested it to Ada because it seemed to fit. It's one of a couple of "open" settings I've come up with. Also working on a closed setting for a game similar to this one that is very much more detailed and set in a specific fandom.

Emjay

Yeah I had to wait till after I was approved (which was today actually). It took about applied for a approval 5 days ago.

I'm impressed that you came up with that in such a short amount of time. What fandom is your new world set in?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chrystal

Nowherewoman

Quote from: CuteButSlutty on September 19, 2014, 12:49:23 AM
Definitely interested in joining the crew. I am currently working on my character description. This will be my first RP, I'm excited!

Welcome!  And >.>.

lovetheusername .<.< 
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Ada

Quote from: CuteButSlutty on September 19, 2014, 12:49:23 AM

Welcome! Love the name. ;) Can't wait to see your app. Hopefully we can get you in before we leave space dock!
Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - A's and A's - Back after a long absence. If you recognize me, feel free to reach out and start something fresh with me. If not, no hard feelings.

Chrystal

You know you can still have previously un-encountered crew pop up for several "in game" days after we start?

It only doesn't work if the place they've been supposedly hiding has been toroughly "explored" by other player characters.

Nowherewoman

New char, WIP

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name:Orgone Shaheen

Description: 152 cm, 58 kg; slender but curvy, with short-cropped deep black hair and intense blue eyes. While attractive enough physically, she's nothing stellar; her magic is in the teasing, sensuous way she moves, and the way she seems to focus entirely on whoever she is interacting with. Her voice, surprisingly low in pitch for her build,  sounds like she's always on the edge of laughter. She's also extremely flexible, seeming almost boneless when she dances. There are no distinguishing marks to be found anywhere on her flawless skin, save for a decorative tattoo on the back of her neck.

Shaheen usually wears clothing that covers her torso only, and leaves her long legs bare. It also tends to be fastened with easily-opened snaps or catches.

Specialty: Pleasure anatomy. Her order is trained with the awareness of hundreds of acupressure points and nerve clusters, and how to manipulate them to heighten pleasure responses in most humanoid beings (rather like a Bene Gesserit, only without the combat skills)

Home Planet: Gaia. While several planets have claimed this ancient name as their own, Shaheen's homeworld has two outstanding characteristics: first, it seems to be a very old world, possibly from the first cycle of human settlement, and second, while it presumably has been conquered many times, subjugation has never 'taken'.

There's nothing  sinister about it- Gaia is a large Class 3A planet- a paradise world- and its people have gone a long way towards perfecting it. The society is communistic, peaceful and accommodating almost to a fault, giving a would-be despot little to 'push' against. Clothing is required only at the extreme poles, and pleasure, freely shared, is literally a religion, considered a way of connecting with the Creator Spirit. While there is a 'priestly' caste, it's very small, consisting of only a few hundred men and women who have found a calling in examining and practicing the extremes of physical and mental ecstasy.

Research into anatomy and biology by this small group has given a new meaning to 'seeing God(dess)', and has made conception a totally voluntary, controllable process for both sexes. Even the harshest conquering culture becomes thoroughly Gaian in a generation or so, and even many visiting traders and scientists find no reason to leave once they've been exposed to the way of life.

Reason for Leaving Home: If Gaian culture has a fault (that it will admit to, at least), it is its smug vanity. They feel, perhaps not without reason, that they have found the ideal system of human interaction, and want to share it with the Galaxy. 'Make Love Not War' is an old precept, but the 'priests' of Gaia (who, not entirely jokingly, call themselves Ecstatics or Orgones) are working towards making Making Love Instead of War a reality. Some of their most intensely trained adepts are leaving the homeworld and going out into the wider spaces to share themselves and their message of unity through working and sleeping together.

Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship: "Touch a body, and you touch a heart. Touch a mind, and you touch a soul. Touch both, and you touch the Creator." It's one of the Prime Tenets of Gaian socioreligion- well, more of a folk saying, really, but still. However, they all admit that some hearts and souls are more easily touched, at first, than others. The lonely, outsiders- they're the ones expected to best respond to Gaian teachings. A ship full of travelers, wanderers and loners, landing on dozens of worlds with no specific goal?  What could be better? While she may, at times, despair of her shipmates and turn her face from their deeds, she still believes (like any missionary) that they can learn...

Further Background Information: Touching bodies is simple- anyone can do it. Touching minds is harder; Shaheen has chosen to do it through dance. While her style is not hugely acrobatic, it's quite energy-intensive, involving complex, slow motions and holding of awkward positions. For her, it's a form of both communication and foreplay.

In addition, the bodily control the Ecstatics have learned through the generations slow the outward signs of aging; despite her youthful appearance, Shaheen is getting close to her 5th (Standard) decade.

Warrants for your arrest (optional):

Criminal Background (optional):  She has a slew of  arrests for minor infractions, mostly public indecency and prostitution charges (which she protests is quite unfair, since she never charges for her Sharing. Though she has bartered her passage numerous times).

I'm really good at: Listening, sex, massage, dancing, sitting quietly, general sociabililty.

I'm really bad at: Withholding affection, causing (unwanted) pain, being alone, going untouched for long periods of time, seeing beings suffer.

My favorite place: One of our Sharing Places on Gaia was on a high hill overlooking a river. Waking up with one's partners to see the sun rise over the next ridge, then bathing in the cool of the river while fish play around your feet is another form of Ecstasy.

The person I miss most: My primary anatomy teacher, the Orgone Railee. Though nearing the end of her span, she is still gentle and patient beyond measure. I learned much from her, and Shared much with her. It grieves me that I will not be there for her passing ceremony.

The person I admire most: Anyone who can meet a stranger, and think of them first as a human, rather than an enemy.

O/Os: My O/Os, though some ons may not apply to Shaheen.

If my player drops or can not post for a while please: Feel free to play with her!

OK, done...she came out...quite different from how I had initially intended.  See what you think!

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Marjolaine on September 19, 2014, 05:24:14 PM
I don't know how to do the whole spoiler thing

Tag is bracket 'spoiler' closebracket, then bracket '/spoiler' closebracket at the end.

Emjay

Quote from: Nowherewoman on September 19, 2014, 05:26:36 PM

Tag is bracket 'spoiler' closebracket, then bracket '/spoiler' closebracket at the end.

Yeah I just figured that out *laughs* I googled it. Thanks though.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chrystal

Chrystal

You can also use an = sign to change what is in the spoiler button...

[spoiler=This text is in the spoiler button]This text is under the spoiler[/spoiler]

This text is in the spoiler button
This text is under the spoiler

If you want to show someone how to code something put code tags around it... The only tags you can't demonstrate with code tags are code tags! LOL

[code][/code]

Doesn't quite work!

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chrystal

Just one thing... you need to fix the code at the end of the char sheet. You have to put a forward-slash / between the [ and the word spoiler.

The / acts as a "cancel" or "end symbol, so for bold, a b surrounded by [] turns bold on and /b surrounded by [] turns it back off again! Same for ever BBCode tag except hr which has no close tag and puts a horizontal rule in the post.

like that.

BBCode takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's not that hard, and it's a good way to learn HTML, which is so similar it's possible to confuse the two.

Emjay

Unfortunately I will not be joining the RP but I wish you all the best of luck and I will be reading!
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Marjolaine on September 23, 2014, 02:50:09 PM
Unfortunately I will not be joining the RP but I wish you all the best of luck and I will be reading!

Awww. :( sorry, Marjolaine.  See you elswhere, and enjoy peeping!

you perv... ;D

Chrystal

ElvenKitten