Quest for the Vault (All the ratings)

Started by Windraider, December 08, 2017, 02:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windraider

Hello all, I'm looking to start a freeform game based in a world of high fantasy and magic. The world is split, there are several kingdoms that all seek to control the central lands and the central keep that according to legend is the home of a vault. What is in it is unknown though records all agree that what is there can make a kingdom great, unbeatable.

The Kingdom to the West is the land of sand and heat, a place where the land itself is brutal and unforgiving. It's people survive by being smart and tough, where water is more valuable then gold and the ruling caste look to the central lands and the vault where they hope to find the Storm Cauldron, a relic that can change their land, bringing water and green to all.

The Kingdom to the North is a land of ice and snow, Life is harsh and only by working with your village can you hope to survive unless you are a special type of person. The lands been locked in a war for the last 200 years with the giants and the frost walkers, beings of ice that haunt the ice flats and hunger to the warmth of the living. The people there seek the vault for what they believe to be weapons that would allow them to end the war.

The lands of the South are lawless, unruled islands where the sea and waves are life itself. Where only those that can swim and sail can survive. Be it the merchant or the fisher or the pirate or raider, the waters are dangerous, unforgiving to those that cannot respect it. The people there seek the Vault for what they believe to be  the way to secure their freedom for all time.

To the East are the lands of the beastmen, those that lack the 'good looks' of the other races. They are the ones that are bound by Honor, a land much like Feudal Japan of our time.  They seek the Vault for answers to questions old as their culture

The Central lands are the prime lands, once ruled over by the Great Masters, who ruled the lands over a thousand years ago. I time where things were better, where everything was balanced and there was true peace. The Great Masters vanished one day, their Keep sealed in a barrier and the keys to it split among the leaders of the lands surrounding it.

Now the central lands are primal, none live there that any know of. The lands stalked by monsters and the monstrous. The trees grown to titanic size, the lands that once knew the caring hand of the Masters grown wild and hostile.

I am looking for several writers to join me in this world, you can be be almost anything you want from any of the lands, but the end goal is all the same, your lands are at war. Be you a rebel or a loyal, a caster or a warrior or even just someone forced to grow up to soon for whatever reason.

Application
Name:
Land your from:
Skills: (keep it to 5 or less)
Magic: (If any)
Any outstanding gear:
Bio: (Who are you and why are you here, whats shaped you the way you are?)

Dhi

The concept appeals to me. If we're from disparate realms, each potentially at war, how do you see us interacting with one another? Are you hoping for enough players to have an active population for each realm, or will we be thrown together in a motley crew?

Windraider

What i see is people interacting as people. Why are you there? In the Central lands there is no east/west/north/south kingdoms. Are you even there for the Vault at all? This was an idea that came to me and decided to toss it out there to see.