Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi

Anyway, I responded to your post Gladiator. Sorry if I had to do a bit of puppeting.
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Gladiator0161

Welcome back TyKing! Glad to have you back. What've you been up to? :)

Oh and I read your post Sushi, it's fine, it fits the situation and you didn't do anything major. So don't worry about it :)

I'm actually writing from an Econolodge lobby, using their wifi, lol. I'll put up a post real quick and then that'll probably be it for me in the thread until I get back home tomarrow evening :D

ashia starstreak

I have no idea what an Econolodge, but it makes me wanna go camping real bad..think I'll do that if my teeth are up for it. Lots of sunshine, big ol' pine trees, sage, and a nice big ol' lake. Birds singing, squirels/chipmucks braving to sneak up onto yer lap. Beer in one hand and a stick in the other poking the fire, oooh yes this is gonna happen, I can already feel the rays, taste the dark ale, and smell the meat cooking.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

TyKing

You can have it. I prefer a nice cozy cabin with all the amenities rather than sleeping out in a tent. You have your fire, I have my Grillmaster. :)

Vengurd

Ty. You remind me of those people that only go to well maintenance parks and complains when something isn't taken care of.

Camping is supposed to be bare minimum. Grab yer shit, head out and find a likely spot and have a time like ashia just described.

You city folk just make me laugh, can't do a thing without your technology.

Gladiator0161

Hey peeps! Just got back to the house an hour ago. Had a fun time but, I'd have rathered go through the Salt Mines the first day than the Cosmosphere. Besides some information that I found interesting on space going Rockets, the only time I had fun was when we went to a lab where this guy blew 2 or 3 things up, lol. If anyone goes to Hutcherson, Kansas anytime soon, I'd highly recommend going to the Salt Mines. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff they store down there :D

@ Ashia: I haven't been camping in forever. I miss it alot, mind if I tag along Ashia? :D

@ TyKing: I've never stayed in a cabin before but, besides the scenery, I don't imagine it's all that different from staying at your own place. Is it?

@ Vengurd: Now Vengurd, don't pester the city boy, some people just don't like camping, and that's they're right. Me, I like seeing what I'm made of, and with watching Dual Survival, Survivorman, and Man Woman Wild, I have some knowledge I'd love to test out sometime. I've never made a fire from rubbing two sticks together, or any other form of manually starting a fire, I always had a lighter, but, I definitely want to try. Just to see if I can do it :)

Vengurd

Pfft. G'luck lighting a fire with two sticks, I'll stick with sparks from two rocks and we aren't talking about rights, its called opinions.

TyKing

City boy? Ha ha. I grew up in a place where clean water and electricity were luxuries, so I've already had my fill of survival experiences. Once you've lived it, it's kind of difficult to think of that as 'fun'. Eh, to each his own I suppose. :)

EDIT: I have no idea what a maintenance park is, sounds pretty awful.

Vengurd

Lols. Just said you seemed like. Since I don't know you I wouldn't know for sure what you'd prefer. I do agree though, once you've been there in everyday life camping does lose its...grandeur.

Gladiator0161

Yeah I can see that. I would probably feel the same way, had I had to live it.

You guys don't have to wait on Sushi to reply to my post btw, lol. I think at this time because of how all our characters are separated from each other that, if we have something to post, to just go ahead and do it, and not worry about order. When we get the group back together we might go back to some kind of order like we did before.

I dunno, how do you guys feel about that?

ashia starstreak

One day I'll have my own cabin..even if I have to wait after death man, I'll sneak past Hel and build my own right there overlooking Asgard against a high climb cliff. Gotta make sure nothin' comes at me without me knowing 'bout it.

For now though, my escape is the wilderness away from the alcoholics and gamblers of my town. Always lonely, but never alone. My grilling is charcoal or natural flame from a fireplace only, I don't like propagne. And I really like to smoke my burgers on top of that. Made hawwaiian burgers a few days ago, so depressing that they're all devoured lol Honey, Teriyaki, Worcestershire, grilled pineapple, onions, and swiss..just enough smoke for flavor...maaan..Vengurd make me a hawwaiian burger ;) I'll give you somethin' in return!

Just so everyone knows, my upcoming post is kinda big..drew a picture for it and just waiting to get to a pc that has internet access so I can post it. It'll involve a fraction of Shana's past which includes her old ranking and a bit of an idea of how it was taken from her. Also I've noticed a few people of E have taken it upon themselves to mention Shana's behind, so I have decided to note that in my upcoming post lol

Hunter Phoenix, I keep avoiding drawing your character and this will be the second time the picture is viewed from Hunter as 1st person. I just don't wanna make up his features in my own form. It would make me feel selfish to use my own image of him since he is your character.

TyKing

My bad, Gladiator, I was waiting on Golden to post because I thought she said she had an idea going for her character and Fry. I can go ahead and work on something though.

I guess when the band gets back together we will have some semblance of a posting order. Whatever works for everyone is good for me.

Gladiator0161

@ TyKing: Alright, well whatever you want to do, if you and GoldenTouch have something in the works, stick to that but, otherwise, do whatever, lol.

@Ashia: Mmmmm Hawaiian Burgers would sound really good right now if I hadn't just got through eating lunch. They still sound good actually, lol.

Vengurd

Hrmmm. I prefer the open the flame myself. Hawaiian Burgers coming up. :3

ashia starstreak

That what I thought too Ty. I haven't seen a post from 'er in a while, but I seen 'er 'round. I'd send her a PM to see if she still plans on meetin' up with you then go from there. If yer on yer own I can side track Jacobs to meet up with you. Probably be way better for me cuz he'll be heading for that boobie trap of Shana's after my upcoming post. Since Shana throws her helmet, she won't be able to warn Jacobs about the trap and the coward will wind up dead...but that'll all change if Fry contacts his Squad. All after my upcoming post though.

Oh man, those burgers were so good, gone real quick. If yer ever on my side of the states I'll grill ya up one Gladiator. "One for you, one for me, Two for you, one, and two for me" *Ashia 3, Gladiator 2* aww gotta love looney tunes lol Been so long since I've seen that one. Forgot who does that to who. But I know it had to do with money and I think it was daffy and bugs.

*runs to Vengurd* F*@k yess. *waits impatiently for awesome burger*

Hunter Phoenix

Just posted :) it's a little longer than my usual ones which is good haha. I hope you all like it :)
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sushi

Sorry about disappearing for a bit. And the post is a bit awkwardly written, I know ;>>
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

TyKing

I posted something that Golden could work with when she is able. I don't want to rush anyone.

And hey, when we all meet up we can smoke the Cohibas that Fry 'liberated'.  ;D

Sushi

Hmm... do spartans smoke? Or drink? o.o

Vengurd

They haven't had much of a civilian life, but I am sure that if the habit were introduced a few would take it up well enough.

By the way, am I the only one who remember's the original intent of....Project Orion, the Spartan II Project? (I make have the wrong project name.)

ashia starstreak

I agree with Vengurd. Spartans are augmented humans. Any human is well capable of gaining a habit or addiction.

The Orion Project is what started it all. Augmentation was a failure because the volunteers were all adults but they did have potential rewards of creating biologically enhanced soldiers.

Sushi

Well smoking is extremely rampant in the military and drinking can happen too, from what my friends tell me. I wonder if it's just an oversight on the authors and game devs that spartans don't really indulge in those kinds of things, or if they're supposed to be straight-stick "good citizens" on top of top-notch soldiers.

I guess my post overlooked their first missions without the MJOLNIR armor taking down "innies" >_>

Vengurd

Its not that they are supposed to be so much as they are...aloof of things. You could even say they are deprived- they literally had very little to no outside influence other than their instructors and the live targets they had to out-smart and beat the literal crap out of.

The Original Intent of the S2 project was to deal with the insurrection and were working in standard uniform (or something they cobbled together) until the first suit came out- a simple suit really that lacked shielding, was bulkier and over-all was very...primitive by the time the original Halo game was released. Anyhow, its been a few years since I read that, anymore detail and I'll get a few things off.

ashia starstreak

Spartan-II Program was also the the birth of the brainchild aka MJOLNIR armor. Mark III was the first in the line that was able to work without a tether but the IV, particularly V-VI were best and used the most by Spartans....I love how the armor acts like a Spartan's second skin rather than just plain protection. 

Hey does my booksmarts get me anywhere? Or am I SOL? *places hands on hips and sways from side to side*

Gladiator0161

Loved your post Hunter, that was awesome. Got me going for my own addition into Gladiator's early life. :D

Good job your post Sushi, I didn't think it was awkwardly written at all.

@ Ashia and Vengurd: Booksmarts will definitely get you places in this rp, lol. Wooot on booksmartness! You're both right by the way. The Spartans are deprived of everyday habits and social norms, which is what I try to bring out with my posts as Gladiator. Good job on the Spartan 2 program btw Ashia :)