Looking for Medieval/fantasy group rp

Started by Kittenchan, May 02, 2009, 02:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlyn

The way I see it being 'split up' is that every kingdom has there own topic for things related to just that kingdom.  Then there is another topic which is perhaps a forest in which all the kingdoms can mingle/fight.  (As well as being able to travel to another kingdom and post in there topic.) 

So it is almost like multiple games that just combine often. 
We have enough people.  As long as everyone is still interested, which I think for the most part they are.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

Vandren

Quote from: Merlyn on May 23, 2009, 08:19:22 AMThe way I see it being 'split up' is that every kingdom has there own topic for things related to just that kingdom.  Then there is another topic which is perhaps a forest in which all the kingdoms can mingle/fight.  (As well as being able to travel to another kingdom and post in there topic.)

This seems like a good method.  That way there's a place for interaction between nations and places for interaction within a nation.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Merlyn

It would be less confusing and more... realistic? (couldn't really think of a word that I wanted) I suppose.  You wouldn't have to read about what other nations are plotting about and such, when you wouldn't really be able to.  (with an honor system anyways.) 
And most knights/fighters would be in the common area anyway I think, unless summoned by their leaders.  Since they would be busy fighting/questing. 
While the advisers and leaders would be busy discussing what needs to be done, and how to achieve what they want.

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

Duchess

i oppose making this warlike and only about fighting.

pouting

Vandren

I'm more into the politics, but there're likely to be armed conflicts at some point, so it makes sense to have a place for them.  :)  Gets away from "good" kingdom storms the "evil" capital, then "evil" kingdom storms the "good" capital.  It also gives the "evil" kingdom some "good" villages to sack, pillage, and burn (in that order, the order's really really important).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Night Walker

I like combat, but not all the time. Not entirely sure how I feel about large scale kingdom vs kingdom warfare. How would that work exactly?

I love the political aspect and perhaps small encounters. More of a cold war than all out good vs evil.

Merlyn

I figured it'd still be mainly small encounters on and off, but we could add anything in with the forest.  Plus it could have some neutral meeting grounds in it.

Basically it'd be all of the land in between the three kingdoms. 

Good Kingdom                        Neutral Kingdom

Forest

Evil Kingdom

Sort of like that.  And anything could go on in the forest, not just kingdom vs kingdom.  But say a monster, or barbarians, or whatever were to attack the area.  It would mainly take place in the forest (or whatever we want that place to be).  Plus any robberies or kidnappings (requiring a hunting trip or stroll through the area) could occur there.  This way any fighting wouldn't just be castle sieges. 

All politics and diplomacy could and would occur, either in the forest or on trips to the castle.  Basically if you were looking at it like a video game, it'd be a traveling and random event area, that you would pass through.  (Not that you have to always, or that something would always happen.) 

Ons and Offs

Night Walker

so each "kingdom" is basically a town?

Merlyn

Yeah, village/castle. 
Or at least the way I was thinking.

Ons and Offs

Night Walker

kinda detracts from the kingdom feel to me... not to overly complicate matters, but I would love to see some more 'regions' added.

Maybe at least a seperate city and palace for each?

Not that I won't be happy with your model, I'd just love to see the kingdoms as being a bigger focus that promotes people to travel from one to another. Right now it sounds like they are basically rest stops and all the action is in the forest.

Vandren

I think where Merlyn's going is that each kingdom would, obviously, have a castle/town at its political center.  That's likely to be where most of the in-kingdom action takes place since we've currently got a bunch of nobles and pseudo-nobles.  The nation's themselves would be bigger, but less action is likely in less central areas.

Or maybe that's just my own thinking.  :)  Feel free to smack me if that's the case, Merlyn.

Merlyn

No smacking needed.  You're right, I figured since we don't have many fighters that we didn't need to make a separate section for the village/towns now.  I think we would just end up with some very empty topics.  Because the nobles don't have too much of a reason to be in the village as opposed to thier palace/castles.  And the attacks on the kingdom would just happen in that kingdoms section, as well as any tournaments they choose to hold, or any other reason for people to be in that kingdom. 
I was kind of thinking we should a different topic for each castle and surrounding village/s but then we would need at least 6, 7 if there is a forest or field or whatever, different topics.  And I'm not so sure that we have enough people right now to support that much without something dieing or getting lost/ignored.  Unless we were to just cut out the Neutral side and just have them be unaffiliated, but that would kinda destroy much of the politics. 

I just think that if we need more room for the villages we can always make it.

Plus castle sieges aren't really the funnest in all reality.

Ons and Offs

Duchess

sorry guys..its only you now..my character is officially out

Bayushi

Name: Alassiel
Sex: Female
Race: Gold Elf

Appearance: Alassiel stands about 4'8” tall and weighs MAYBE 75 pounds.

Personality: Alassiel is a soft-spoken, gentle-natured young woman, who somehow skipped the rebellious streak that seems to plague most young people. She shuns conflict if possible, but if she is forced to partake in warfare or combat, she will allow others to do the fighting, instead choosing to remain behind the front line and heal the fallen.

History and/or placement in realm: Alassiel is the daughter and only child of a Duke of the Elven court, which grants her the title of Baroness. The Elves are split on their loyalties, either siding with the 'Good' Kingdom, or remain neutral in any feuds between the 'Good' and 'Evil' Kingdoms. Alassiel tends to avoid taking part in any politics, choosing to help those who need her healing, as opposed to taking sides in a conflict that has nothing to do with her.

Magic/weapons/ etc: As a cleric of the Elven goddess Hanali Celanil, the Elven goddess of Love and Beauty, Alassiel is an accomplished healer, knowing little about offensive divine spellcasting. She carries naught but a dagger with which to defend herself

Night Walker

I'm going to bow out of this too. I'm feeling like the story/idea lacks sufficient direction and structure. If the original poster was around more or had at least made matters more clear than it would be different. As it stands there are too many questions going unanswered.

Kittenchan

I'm sorry... I have been busy trying to get a job and am being forced to work around the parents' house. I guess I'm going to have to try this again at a later date when I can make more time to help out.

You know you have found the purrrfect one when every gesture is affectionate. >^.^<

How many kids with ADD does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs