Eagle Scouting for Medieval Fantasy RP

Started by FazzEagle, February 12, 2011, 01:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FazzEagle

Greetings and salutations, fellow Role Players.

As some of you may know, I'm one of the recent 'newcomers' of Elliquiy and I am currently going through the approval process as I am writing this request. I have looked around the Role Playing Requests threads here and there but I am not sure which ones are still open/active because of several reasons like: the post was made a long time ago, or the person who made the request had not posted in a long time. So I write this Request to ask if there are any Role Plays available for me that involves the Fantasy Medieval genre (think Dungeons and Dragons), except without the use of stats since I'm not familiar with the systems at the moment. This is what I'm looking for possibly my first Role Playing experience here in Elliquiy:

• One-on-One RP (would be nice to have others but too many and I'll worry I won't be able to catch up)
  • If One-on-One RP, preferably with a female character because I'll be playing a male
  • Additional Genres Allowed and Preferred being Adventure, Romance, Comedy and/or Action (nothing involving extreme torture)
  • A Player that can initiate events by him/herself (I'd rather not do everything by myself)
  • A Good Writer that can be Descriptive if Necessary (would help me with my English)
  • Dungeons and Dragons Style meaning nothing Sci-Fi
  • Also, preferably have the RP done in a Chat Room (a.k.a IRC)

Hope to get some feedback soon! If you have any questions, just ask in this thread, send me a Personal Message, or Find me in #Elliquiy

ashia starstreak

On this site, you'll find many flexible role players. I have noticed old posts as well and have found if you are in doubt, send them a personal message about their dusty topic. Knowledge is power and no one has a right to feel shunned by asking a question. If you care to type up an idea to further understand what you want from your future idea, maybe a plot or main idea, then I will happily read along and see if I may or may not be interested.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Chelemar

Hi Fazz,

Can you give me a description of what you are looking for? 

Were you thinking of a quest type role play?   (dungeons and dragons)

If so, what did you have your man doing?  What type of quest?

Spiritual -  enlightenment
physical - holy grail type

Also,  what sometimes happens as far as the PG-13 threads, once a member is approved, they take the story to the adult boards. 

I would be happy discuss a one/one idea with you here.  Though, I do not meet your last requirement in that I would only be available to play via the forum. 

FazzEagle

Thanks a bunch for the feedback and the suggestion, Ashia. I will see if I can post a message to the ones who suggested RP but at the moment I'm fighting off a migraine after a busy day, but thanks for offering to hear what kind of RP I'd like to do that it would hopefully interest you or others.

Well, as I mentioned in my first post, I'm interested in a Role Play that takes place in a medieval fantasy setting. Growing up, I've watched anime and read manga such as Slayers (along with some of its sequels) and Record of Lodoss War (for the manga, up to Chronicles of the Heroic Knight) while the other kids my age at that time were more into the sport-theme stories like Captain Tsubasa or Initial D. I also read up things from magazines of games like Legend of Zelda for the Nintendo 64, but my love for the medieval and fantasy genre skyrocketed when I played my first Dungeons and Dragons game, and because I could not play any more after three games, I turned to Role Playing to make up for it - I enjoyed every moment of it.

For the plot or main idea of the RP if I were to initiate it, it would most probably be inspired by Record of Lodoss War, but of course, the RP will steer clear from its world or story (I'm not exactly the best in coming up with story lines so bear with me). I will just say what I'm honestly looking for: the story will take place in a place also called 'Earth' but during a time of swords and wars, but with the addition of magic and fantasy races like elves and dwarves. The Role Play will feature my character Goraidh Cadwyn, a young traveler and a Master Swordsman who seems to be attracted to trouble without realizing it (for example: he comes across a town, only to find out that it's in danger). The Role Play, if possible with a female character, would probably also have a romantic feel to it between my character and the other but in the end, he would not end up in any serious relationship (an occurring ending for him) - it's the fun and romance in between I'm looking for.

It doesn't have to have a complicated storyline, however, and it could just focus on one genre more than the others (for example: romance over the action, or vise versa). All I ask is that the characters are to be played as they should be so the flow of the story will feel 'natural' and whether it will be a short term RP or a long term RP, I'm sure or at least hope that it would be a nice read for both the players in the future. I also don't mind the use of vampire characters or others such as demons, succubus, cat girls or other non-humans as long as they're not ridiculously 'overpowered'.

And to respond to Chelemar's question, yes it could be a quest type of role play and as to what kind, that would also depend on my Role Playing Partner's character. It would be best to discuss about it so both of us will be satisfied with how it's run and its outcomes. Of course, can go as far as it wants to as long as it doesn't go overboard or go sci-fi.

Hope that's enough!

Chelemar

Sure that sounds fine.

for example: If I were to give you this character:

Elana Neinhold Goes by:  Elana the gray (she is  neither black nor white, and thus fits only in the gray worlds)

Half elf, half human

Minimal magic to her horror
Outcast by both peoples, at birth by her mother's people when it was obvious that she was elf-conceived.  Outcast by her elven family when it was discovered upon reaching puperty that her human blood overcame her elven and blocked her elf magic.

Taken in by her Elven grandfather, who cared nothing for tradition and everything for the girl, he spirited the girl away and raised her in the art of battle.  She might have limited magic, but she was still, as an elf, stronger than most humans. 

Height: 5'8''
Weight:  130 lbs
Blonde hair
Purple eyes
Wears a headband always to disguise her ears.  Has a golden tint to her skin which helps hide her elven nature.
Thin as elves are prone to be, though more muscular as she has trained hard with bow and blade. 
Weapons of choice:  Long bow, long staff,
Dagger for close combat

Her minimal magic allows her to sense danger, but with only a few minutes warning.

She's walks her own path now that her beloved grandfather has died.  To make money, she works as a merc, and will and does bed whom she pleases.  She enjoys a good drink, a good laugh, a good meal and a good fire.  Though she has a touch exterior, she also has a good heart and will often champion the underdog.  And to her horror, her bad temper can get her into trouble even though she tries to curtail it. 

She will hook up with a companion upon occasion if they are traveling the same path, but rarely forms long lasting attachments. 

ashia starstreak

That's a perfect example of what you can do to help others understand and get a feel for your idea.  It gives the reader some insight and possible inspiration with a chance to come up with a corrosponding character, theme, and/or setting. Some people can get carried away in their excitement and go into greater detailing, but so long as you're point and thoughts are clear, it will work all the same. I do more reading than posting and tend to be picky about which stories to pick up. I play a dominant, and highly stuborn female and enjoy more action and story than romance. We seem to share a common genre though. I have faith you'll easily find partners. Any decisions from me will take time.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

FazzEagle

QuoteThat's a perfect example of what you can do to help others understand and get a feel for your idea.  It gives the reader some insight and possible inspiration with a chance to come up with a corrosponding character, theme, and/or setting. Some people can get carried away in their excitement and go into greater detailing, but so long as you're point and thoughts are clear, it will work all the same. I do more reading than posting and tend to be picky about which stories to pick up. I play a dominant, and highly stuborn female and enjoy more action and story than romance. We seem to share a common genre though. I have faith you'll easily find partners. Any decisions from me will take time.

As I was reading this, I was not exactly sure if you were talking about my post or Chelemar's so in the end, I assumed that you were talking about both. Thank you for the tips there, of course, and I will remember them whenever I write a request or ask someone if I could join in their RP. English wasn't the language I was exactly raised with so sometimes I lack confidence in how I use it and there are even times people take what I say in the wrong way so I apologize if I seem worried about what or who I write to every now and then. And yes, if you meant the medieval fantasy genre, then yeah that's be a common genre and I do in fact like female characters who don't always succumb to the stereotypical persona (that means always being the damsel in distress and what not). I hope to hear your decision soon but much like my situation, best to give that time too.

QuoteSure that sounds fine.

for example: If I were to give you this character:

Elana Neinhold Goes by:  Elana the gray (she is  neither black nor white, and thus fits only in the gray worlds)

Half elf, half human

Minimal magic to her horror
Outcast by both peoples, at birth by her mother's people when it was obvious that she was elf-conceived.  Outcast by her elven family when it was discovered upon reaching puperty that her human blood overcame her elven and blocked her elf magic.

Taken in by her Elven grandfather, who cared nothing for tradition and everything for the girl, he spirited the girl away and raised her in the art of battle.  She might have limited magic, but she was still, as an elf, stronger than most humans. 

Height: 5'8''
Weight:  130 lbs
Blonde hair
Purple eyes
Wears a headband always to disguise her ears.  Has a golden tint to her skin which helps hide her elven nature.
Thin as elves are prone to be, though more muscular as she has trained hard with bow and blade. 
Weapons of choice:  Long bow, long staff,
Dagger for close combat

Her minimal magic allows her to sense danger, but with only a few minutes warning.

She's walks her own path now that her beloved grandfather has died.  To make money, she works as a merc, and will and does bed whom she pleases.  She enjoys a good drink, a good laugh, a good meal and a good fire.  Though she has a touch exterior, she also has a good heart and will often champion the underdog.  And to her horror, her bad temper can get her into trouble even though she tries to curtail it. 

She will hook up with a companion upon occasion if they are traveling the same path, but rarely forms long lasting attachments.

Hmm, are you telling me that if I wanted to request an RP, it would be best if I include a little info about the character I'll be playing? That would be very convenient, I admit. Your character sounds like a very interesting one as well, especially the part of her being 'gray' meaning she's not one of the ordinary elves nor is she among the dark elves - in fact, I think this is the first time I've heard of an elf character that has this trait. I cannot say anything for sure about how the characters will react to each other as that also depends on what you or your character thinks about him; in my experience in Role Playing the genre, elves and humans don't always go along with each other lol Anyways, I'll do what I can:

Name: Goraidh Cadwyn a.k.a Raid
Race: Human
Height: 6'2"
Weight:  235 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Class: Fighter/Swordsman
Weapon(s) of Choice: Long Sword
Additional Info:
Master Swordsmanship
People have called him with many names, ranging from the 'White Blade' to the 'Crow Knight', but either way, he is known for his amazing swordsmanship. He has been trained with the use of the sword for so many years to the point that his life in battle solely depends on his grip with one, and this also allows him to turn the tables whenever against any opponent in close-combat.

Inability with Magic
As if a fair sacrifice was made, his great swordsmanship was balanced with the fact that he is unable to use even the most simplest of magic. This especially puts him in a great disadvantage in a fight against mages or generally those who could execute spells. He could, of course, use weapons or items enchanted with magic, but unable to work with magic itself sometimes calls for him to require the aid of a partner who can.

Lack of Social Appeal
Though Raid can actually be gentle and has a good heart, a lot of people can easily assume him as someone who lacks a social life or many comrades. This can happen because of various reasons, one of which is the common: his appearance. Being 6'2" in height and always carrying his weapon around, his stern expression and his hair at his fringe that usually shadows over his eyes do little to attract people - many people can sometimes mistook him as a rogue or a bandit.

Unexpected Traits
As mentioned earlier, many people tend to be intimidated by him without him even intending so, but those who come to know him always find the unexpected traits in the human. For one, underneath that usual expression that always seem to look like a scowl, actually lies a handsome frame. Raid is also apparently very weak towards alcohol and actually prefers a warm glass of milk over them on any day. Like Chelemar though, he is far from actually being a virgin and does not mind when things lead to the bed - though given how his personality is far from romantic, that doesn't happen a lot.

Hope I didn't write too little, or write too much!

Chelemar

Umm..

QuoteLike Chelemar though, he is far from actually being a virgin and does not mind when things lead to the bed
-  Chelemar's sexual experience has nothing to do with it.. *laugh*  Only Elana's! 

So, Fazz.... do you wish to start a role play here in the forum between your Raid character and My elf... 

FazzEagle

Lol Okay, granted that was my bad... I tend to type in the person's name instead of the character's every now and then so bear with me whenever I accidentally do that. And sure, I don't mind starting an RP with you here in the forums between your character and mine but do we need to discuss the setting or do we just go with the one I posted and simply go with the flow? Also, I hope you can be patient with me because I'm not exactly the Forum Role Playing type since I suffer from risks such as losing interest when I have to wait for a post from either side for too long. I'm in UK at the moment and I'm usually available around the morning or evening, and as I am replying to this message, it's only around 7 in the morning.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Chelemar

why don't we just have them go on a romp?

FazzEagle

I'm not familiar with that word... What's a romp?

Chelemar

Oh, I meant a story.. sorry. :)

Would you like to go ahead then and create a thread in the non-adult story, or would you like me to start it then, I will link it here for you.

FazzEagle

QuoteWould you like to go ahead then and create a thread in the non-adult story, or would you like me to start it then, I will link it here for you.
Hmm... Alright, I'll take that offer. I'm not always that good in starting up a Role Play Intro but I will surely take some tips from this. I will look forward to reading it and then taking part in the RP as long as you can bear with me and my schedule as I will do with yours. Here's hoping that things go well for my first Role Playing Experience here in Elliquiy!

Chelemar

FazzEagle

Alrighty, thanks.
I will read it and post my response to it :)

Kaja

Hey guys.  I'm also looking for a Fantasy RP in the non-adult zone and I saw this.  FazzEagle: If you want to keep it 1x1, I understand. If, however, you are interested in adding a second player to your RP, consider me interested!

I share your problem in that many of the threads I am interested in seem to be ghost-towns at the moment. Or maybe I'm just impatient? Who knows :P?!

Thanks!
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

FazzEagle

Oops, sorry, I did not see the reply until now. Thank you for showing interest in my request and also Chelemar's, but I might have some bad news for you: the RP is no longer in the non-adult zone - it's moved to the otherwise. The reason for this was because the RP (well, according to me) was originally supposed to be Adult Rated but since I was not approved yet, the RP was kept in the Non-Adult section until I do. Now that I have - apparently to a Ning - I suggested that it be moved.

If you are still interested, we can discuss more on this, but I also need to first ask Chelemar if she doesn't mind - this being my first Role Play in the forums, I'd rather not push myself lol

Hope to hear from you soon