News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Aetherpunk (Steampunk, Freeform, LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, July 13, 2014, 12:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazy Sky

I missed that if he did Madame, my apologies I will ensure that any further discussions take place in the appropriate place.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Madame Professor

No worries, Skyre! I just don't want them to close the interest thread for bumping.

Of course, if a new and interested player has questions regarding the Comet, you are more then happy to answer then here. But accepted character discussion should took place in the game's OOC. :-)
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

ArtemisHighmore

Hazy Sky

We're still recruiting for characters aboard our airship. We can easily additional characters to the crew, so please don't be put off that the game has started. Current suggestions for available roles include:

Ships Officers
An armourer or quartermaster
Marksman
Rigger
Flier
Thief or fence.
Mystic or medium
General crew members

If you have something in mind, but don't see it on the list please don't be put off. Also if you wanted to combine a couple of these roles together you would be more than welcome to do so. If we can include your concept in our crew we will. If you would like to talk ideas feel free to message me or Madame Professor to discuss them. We have a great group of writers and we would love to welcome to you into it.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Kimera

Still working on my doctor character. Should be done once I complete his sheet over the weekend

Hazy Sky

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

ArtemisHighmore

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Madame Professor

Quote from: Kuroneko on August 12, 2014, 11:14:28 AM
*peeks*  Mystic, eh? Hmmm ...

Why, Lady Kuroneko!! What a pleasant surprise!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Also, the list Skyre provide is for the ship his character captains, but we are still recruiting for a second vessel if there was something else that piques your interest. ;D
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Vill

Quote from: Kuroneko on August 12, 2014, 11:14:28 AM
*peeks*  Mystic, eh? Hmmm ...

Kuroneko,

Your avatar leaves me profoundly involved with the analysis of why boobs are so completely enthralling. I was crawling along a chain of thought hoisted up by my own mental self-sufficiency until your syncopated photodiodes decided my own retinas had failed to find something worth the time to become so utterly consumed by.

Thanks.

Anyway, I would be interested in playing an eccentric Marksman who is equally in love with his firearms and his steam powered, musical instruments. Is this a possibility, Madam Professor?   

Hazy Sky

Hi Village,
This game is slightly unusual in that Madame Professor runs the game as a while as GM, but I am kinda running the crew of the airship that is currently in game because my character is the Captain who hires and fires the crew. If you want to join the existing crew and I can accommodate your character then I absolutely will, but at the same time not all concepts will get past the Captain and his very definite criteria on things.
Your concept is interesting to me, but also slightly concerning to the Captain. I think I'd need to see some detail to be able to comment further

There is of course a second crew being recruited, so if you don't want to discuss or negotiate then you don't have to. :)

Thanks Skyre

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Madame Professor

Quote from: Vill on August 15, 2014, 01:29:00 AM
Anyway, I would be interested in playing an eccentric Marksman who is equally in love with his firearms and his steam powered, musical instruments. Is this a possibility, Madam Professor?   

A steampunk Ranger/Bard, you say?

I like the concept. The wonderful thing about the style of the game is the sandbox nature of it, so most things are possible. I would be very interested to learn of what you had in mind for these steam-powered instruments. Feel free to fill out the character sheet in the OP and post it here, if you'd like, in the interest of plotting with others. Finished sheets should be sent to me in a PM for approval.

If you are interested in joining The Comet, Skyre's character is captain and as he said, open for plotting. Also, you can have your character freelance or if you want to use it as a plot device the Maria Bella (the ship from the intro) is also available!  ;D

EDIT: Or you could start a second ship. That is definitely an option. (Can't believe I forgot that one..)

Loves

That concept sounds pretty cool to me :) 
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Loves on August 15, 2014, 08:20:47 AM
That concept sounds pretty cool to me :)

Captain Archer allocates the steam tuba player to the cabin next to Aletta's and steals all the earplugs for himself. :P

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Loves

Quote from: skyre on August 15, 2014, 09:06:38 AM
Captain Archer allocates the steam tuba player to the cabin next to Aletta's and steals all the earplugs for himself. :P

Well then, she'll use that excuse to come visit the smexy captain.... yes, yes... she is just there looking for peace... or is she?

*waggles eyebrows*
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Loves on August 15, 2014, 09:08:31 AM
Well then, she'll use that excuse to come visit the smexy captain.... yes, yes... she is just there looking for peace... or is she?

*waggles eyebrows*

Well the Captain's bed is very big and empty and cold...

*Waggles eyebrows.*

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Madame Professor

Loves

Quote from: skyre on August 15, 2014, 09:31:47 AM
Well the Captain's bed is very big and empty and cold...

*Waggles eyebrows.*

Aletta must do something to change that. After all, the Captain must be serviced!

*gigglesnort*
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Madame Professor on August 15, 2014, 09:53:26 AM
-giggles- Steam tuba. I kinda wanna see this, now...

This has just reminded me of a very, very weird, but very British and completely awesome computer game that featured a Tuba that was steam powered and was also a mortar/rocket launcher. That particular game also featured a gun that fired sharks. Land sharks. And it had jetpacks. Awesome game. I'm done with my random thought now.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Madame Professor

Quote from: skyre on August 15, 2014, 10:18:38 AM
This has just reminded me of a very, very weird, but very British and completely awesome computer game that featured a Tuba that was steam powered and was also a mortar/rocket launcher. That particular game also featured a gun that fired sharks. Land sharks. And it had jetpacks. Awesome game. I'm done with my random thought now.

I would just like to point out....

... Land sharks are one of those things not possible in the game.

(But that game sounds awesome! Lol!)

Jemady Angel

Al might or might not enjoy the marksman competition, after all, he is an ace shot with his trusty pistols. XD

Then again, he liked music. That means you can snoggle a woman in public and not be slapped for it... right? >.>
<---- O/o

consortium11

Quote from: skyre on August 15, 2014, 10:18:38 AM

Armed and Dangerous?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MktPVfMrFmg

I believe a similar amount of logic went into this cinematic classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qEfO5iNicI

Hazy Sky

Yep. I loved that game. It had assassin robot who was obsessed with tea as well. Sadly I lost my copy and haven't found another second hand anywhere. :(
I think the studio was Planet Moon and they made the craziest, most thoroughly British computer games. Happy times.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Kuroneko

Kuroneko,

Your avatar leaves me profoundly involved with the analysis of why boobs are so completely enthralling. I was crawling along a chain of thought hoisted up by my own mental self-sufficiency until your syncopated photodiodes decided my own retinas had failed to find something worth the time to become so utterly consumed by.

Thanks.

LOL.  Thanks ... I think?  XD
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Vill

Quote from: Kuroneko on August 15, 2014, 07:36:09 PM
LOL.  Thanks ... I think?  XD

Don't mention it, doll.

Quote from: skyre on August 07, 2014, 04:41:10 AM
We're still recruiting for characters aboard our airship. We can easily additional characters to the crew, so please don't be put off that the game has started. Current suggestions for available roles include:

Ships Officers
An armourer or quartermaster
Marksman
Rigger
Flier
Thief or fence.
Mystic or medium
General crew members

What is a flier? Is this the ship's helmsman, or pilot? I also remember reading something about racers with jet packs, is that a flier? I also might favor the combination of Bard and thief/fence, if that is a spot that still needs to be fulfilled. I'll be honest: I love playing Bards, but I've never got to tinker with one in a steam punk setting. So, if that's something that might run the captain the wrong way than there's no hard feelings. I'm sure a game this interesting will provide plenty of options.

I'll work out a character sheet and PM you Professor Madam. I think if I flesh out the type of character I want to play it might be easier for me to determine which crew -- if any -- I should apply to, and I would greatly appreciate your help in that process.